For experienced seekers(help with info)

cameron16
cameron16 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Seeker
I been all over the forums lately. My friend joined pwi and wanted to make an archer.. But due to the negative reviews about where area are these days he's decided to turn his head towards the seeker. He asked me advice as far as PVE and pvp goes and I couldn't really tell him much. He his main questions are

How do they deal against sins(was telling him about sins)
Are they good in general in pvp
Which is better dual sword or single(idk personally if that matters)

And any other general information anybody cares to explain would be greatly appreciated so I can let him read it. Please no negative or rude comments, I'm asking experienced people for their opinions
Post edited by cameron16 on

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Seekers are great against sins (unless the sin outgears you) because they are able to tank a lot of physical damage. The cc a sin can put out can be annoying but a seeker can either tank that or use genie /apoth skills or qpq a freeze off to get out fine.

In general a seeker is a lot of fun in pvp. We can tank a lot and deal a lot of damage. But you will be wizard and psychic fodder due to reduced mdef.

QPQ, a skill that takes debuffs applied to the seeker and moves them onto the target, is the bread and butter of what makes seeker a great pvp class. A self purify combined with a debuff for your enemy is fun to play with.

Pve a seeker is hard at middle levels (50-80) without a squad as you dont have the tankiness to solo things without heals, nor the damage to self heal using bloodpaint. At 100+ you will be able to solo most things and indeed, people will qq at the ease of which you can do delta and pv.

Seekers excel in areas packed with mobs due to their excellent variety of aoes. They are easy to level because of this.

Dual vs single ive found is highly debateable. Imo, if you are going to be a sage skill spam seeker (the most common) a dual blade will be the best choice as it offers the highest damage per hit. It offers the lowest aps, but as you wont be using normal attack this isnt a setback. If you choose demon aps seeker a single sword will be best due to the attack rate (though the damage is slightly less). I am a sage skill spam and use a single sword though. Why? The seeker r999 sword is a single sword lol.

Be forewarned a seeker in aps gear will have trouble tanking a sin as easily as a full HA seeker unless sharded and refined to cope.
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    Pve a seeker is hard at middle levels (50-80) without a squad as you dont have the tankiness to solo things without heals, nor the damage to self heal using bloodpaint. At 100+ you will be able to solo most things and indeed, people will qq at the ease of which you can do delta and pv.

If you can get BP from somewhere and have decent gears for level, you can pretty much solo PVs up to PV85-94 as seeker. If you don't have a sin yet, make one and level it to 33 for 15-min BP.

PV95+ pretty much requires well-refined and sharded TT90-gears with FC-gold+5 blades to be soloable fully-buffed. And that also requires using Dews and Expel to reduce damage when vovoing.

Seekers excel in areas packed with mobs due to their excellent variety of aoes. They are easy to level because of this.

Dual vs single ive found is highly debateable. Imo, if you are going to be a sage skill spam seeker (the most common) a dual blade will be the best choice as it offers the highest damage per hit. It offers the lowest aps, but as you wont be using normal attack this isnt a setback. If you choose demon aps seeker a single sword will be best due to the attack rate (though the damage is slightly less). I am a sage skill spam and use a single sword though. Why? The seeker r999 sword is a single sword lol.

Kitty recommends dual blades for a skill-spamming seeker due to their high base damage with highest spike(and high spike damage is what makes seekers dangerous in PVP). Only APS-seeker(or r9rr-seeker) should use single sword or blade and even for APS-seekers Kitty suggests having dual blades as secondary weapon for skillspamming/vovoing.

Be forewarned a seeker in aps gear will have trouble tanking a sin as easily as a full HA seeker unless sharded and refined to cope.

Even APS-seekers should have DPH-gear set(T3 or r9rr) too if intending to PVP. And elem. ornaments to use when not APSing.

Kitty's replies in red.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Kitty's replies in red.

Agreed you have a point. Its been a few years since i levelled my main and i didnt have top of the line gear when i did it. I duoed a lot of my pvs with blood paint but perhaps its easy to solo. I would take kittys word for it.
  • mrcharlytera
    mrcharlytera Posts: 21 Arc User
    At lvl 55 in QM gear I could solo BH39 (without Bloodpaint).