Riptide Expansion Being Released Aug 19? - CONFIRMED!

asterelle
asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
I haven't noticed any official announcement but I noticed this article on MMOBomb.

It gives a release date of Aug 19th in the title but 17th in the actual story (typo?). Seeing how we still don't have a CM I'm guessing this might be all the announcement we will get.

Is everyone ready? Get your game face on tiger-5.gif

EDIT: This date has been confirmed on the german pwi facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PWIDE
I'm sure it will show up soon here: https://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMO
​​
Post edited by asterelle on

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    What's really curious is where they would get the information on the release date when we don't even have any information posted on it. At least, not on our usual channels for information from PWE. 19th is more realistic, as it would follow the usual maintenance window.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sindarella
    sindarella Posts: 66 Arc User
    thank you for the announcement. fish-23.gif
    game face GO! fish-11.gif
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    While we have sylenthunder in this thread, is there any remote chance of getting manual patches back, if only for new content expansion? Downloading the regular way takes about 3~8 hours 27fmOZ5.png
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    So he links to the PWI news site and gives us a date that was never mentioned on the news site. Where did he get the date? How does he know more then we do? Where does he get his information other then the news page? Until PWE gives us an official date I think this is a bit bogus.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Maybe they told the press something they haven't told us, since companies usually do put out press releases when they have something they want to get out there.....

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    >PWI
    >Game face
    Lol ok, here is is:
    tiger-18.gif
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• zoner112012
    Looking at the news post here http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9496893-riptide-expansion-–-sneak-peek-ii it says "Excited for the new features? We sure are! Keep on following the latest news and follow us on Facebook to learn even more about Riptide in the upcoming weeks" which tells me that they plan on releasing more information to us still and are not ready to release this expansion.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    >PWI
    >Game face
    Lol ok, here is is:
    tiger-18.gif

Your game face is weak.onion-57.gif

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • sylenthunder
    jabq wrote: »
    While we have sylenthunder in this thread, is there any remote chance of getting manual patches back, if only for new content expansion? Downloading the regular way takes about 3~8 hours 27fmOZ5.png
    Sadly, we cannot link what China does not provide.

​​
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Yay! More stuff to keep up on
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    gotta ask @sylenthunder I know it would be possible to make a manual patch. Would this be against the T&C if a player did this and posted to the forums? Or even you or someone else that know a lot about this @asterelle does it its checked and GMs can use it?

Just a Suggestion... Would lower load on server when Big updates happen and this could be done for ONLY big updates!
  • zoner112012
    I never understood the need for a manual patch. I download the regular patches just fine. Never had a problem.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sindarella
    many reasons to have a manual patch.
    most importantly to avoid the need to re-download the client and several GB of patches if a re-install of the game will become unavoidable.
    on the other hand i see no reason to not have a manual patch. fox-42.gif​​
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    sindarella wrote: »
    most importantly to avoid the need to re-download the client and several GB of patches if a re-install of the game will become unavoidable.

and im just sitting here playing the same installment i done back in 08 when i started playing and never had to reinstall the game ever and never used manual patches.​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • zoner112012
    edited August 2015
    razzzza wrote: »
    sindarella wrote: »

and im just sitting here playing the same installment i done back in 08 when i started playing and never had to reinstall the game ever and never used manual patches.

Same here. Never had to reinstall, never had an issue.​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • dblazen1
    1. Manual patches are a gazillion times faster than automatic patches.
    2. If you manage to **** up a manual patch, then you deserve a special hat and sit in a special corner.

They should either give a manual patch or just revamp the way they patch entirely. The automatic patcher is just horrendous when it comes to big updates.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• sindarella
    edited August 2015
    if a lightning hits your pc fox-40.gif you will beg for manual patches. anticipate the worst, make backups.. fox-35.gif​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    2. If you manage to **** up a manual patch, then you deserve a special hat and sit in a special corner.

They should either give a manual patch or just revamp the way they patch entirely. The automatic patcher is just horrendous when it comes to big updates.​​

I have an old lame laptop which was already repaired one time and still using Windows xp on it( yes I know I should change it, maybe until the end of this year) and I had no problem with automatic patcher. I dont get it how people with better PC with new version of Windows have problems with automatic patcher.
    giphy.gif

• dblazen1

They should either give a manual patch or just revamp the way they patch entirely. The automatic patcher is just horrendous when it comes to big updates.

I have an old lame laptop which was already repaired one time and still using Windows xp on it( yes I know I should change it, maybe until the end of this year) and I had no problem with automatic patcher. I dont get it how people with better PC with new version of Windows have problems with automatic patcher.
    No one said there is a problem with it, it is just way slower than a manual patch file, that is what the issue is. Big patches with the automatich update are slooooow. Way. To. Slow.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I had multiple problems with auto patching bigger expansions. It's not my PC that's bad, not at all, but my internet. I tried a few times by now that my internet went down in middle of my auto patching, making it corrupt everything. It's very frustrating when you are close to end at your update after waiting maybe an hour or more, and then poof too bad your game now corrupt, and verify won't help anything. This is why I prefered manual paths. I downloaded it, and when I finally managed to do so, I could update my game properly without having to worry about internet going down in middle.
    Oh well, at least I have a better internet now for the next expansion, but it would still be nice with a manual patch.​​
  • sylenthunder
    Currently, the full download is about 6GB, and patching from it to be current is about 150MB. That's not really that bad, and if your client version is old enough, re-downloading the client and updating would be faster than auto-patching.

The problem is after a large expansion (like the last one) where the difference in patches is almost 1GB. I agree that we totally need manual patches for anything over about 50MB, but some of you guys take it way too far with the complaining about it.

TBH, if your internet connection is unable to quickly auto-patch something under 500MB, you should really consider an upgrade. If you're not able to get a good internet connection (good would be considered about 12Mbps DSL) because of financial reasons or your location, then you really should re-consider playing MMO's. (Also if your PC barely meets the min specs for a game created 7 years ago.)
    Just for reference, with a older CPU like a Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz, and a 12Mpbs connection, auto-updating a client with a patch about 1GB in size should only take 30-40 minutes under normal circumstances. If the servers are under a heavy load, maybe as long as an hour.

China has decided not to send manual patches anymore. PWE isn't the issue there. They've asked for them. We can't manually create them unless we have the specific files changed by the update. I mean, I could do a before/after comparison, then pull the changed files, and create a manual patch .cup file. I have the tools for that. I just can't guarantee that it's not going to **** up your game, that it would actually work, or that I will have the time to do it.

Hopefully the patch for this won't be too big.​​

​​
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Our CM's need to not only have better communication with us the community but they also need to be better at communicating with the folks over at China PW. We shouldnt be having to rely on third party website to get information thats why they have a news section.
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • sylenthunder
    jaytrain91 wrote: »
    Our CM's need to not only have better communication with us the community but they also need to be better at communicating with the folks over at China PW. We shouldnt be having to rely on third party website to get information thats why they have a news section.
    First, we would need to actually have CM's.​​

​​
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    we don't get manual patches anymore because pwe et al got tired of people hacking them
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    jaytrain91 wrote: »
    First, we would need to actually have CM's.​​

I miss Franky and Spoons

TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    jadasia wrote: »
    we don't get manual patches anymore because pwe et al got tired of people hacking them

wtf bruh mouse-21.gif​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    No official news about the patch going out on 19th. I doubt they'd release it in 2 days without any info on the patch yet.
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • zoner112012
    rocky19 wrote: »
    No official news about the patch going out on 19th. I doubt they'd release it in 2 days without any info on the patch yet.

Exactly. That "news" was full of it. Or just stupid.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    rocky19 wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised, it wouldn't be the first time, actually. onion-7.gif
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yeah maybe the date was in a draft version of the first announcement but that date got cut when they published it. If they had to push it back might be an extra 2 weeks or so. We should know for sure soon.​​