Chips/MoGs leaving boutique?

Comments

• zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    They already did that kind of announcement in the past.
    It will be removed until they decide to put them.back, which will arrive pretty fast, so that they can get money.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    The MoGs will be back, they are simply trying to get ppl to spend on them now.
    I agree, they said they'll remove the vendors too. And they did NOT. I hope they just scare us to buy a lot of MOGs now.

That would be something I am sure would get them in legal trouble, manipulating people into spending money for their profit is basically a scam.

They are doing nothing illegal in that. They leave boutique for X amount of time and return, simple as that. Removing them from boutique is just that, removing, nothing prevents putting them back there. They have done the exact same thing in past.

Arguing like there is anything shady in that is idiocy on your part.

You are not reading everything i said and not understand WHAT I am saying COULD be considered illegal or scamming. So yea....maybe read everything and not just what you want?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    zoldickun wrote: »
    They already did that kind of announcement in the past.
    It will be removed until they decide to put them.back, which will arrive pretty fast, so that they can get money.

That's comforting to hear then, if they're doing the same thing. I've only been back since Jan '14, and hardly play much, so I'm not familiar with how things were run then.
  • vertgod
    vertgod Posts: 24 Arc User
    I doubt they will be permanently removed. Take all the pack sales this summer, they clearly started that some of them were going to be permanently removed from the boutique at the end of the sale. While others would be removed at the end of the sale but not permanently. This seems the likely case but clarification on it would be appreciated, for as we all know, their track record for accurate news posts is disturbingly low.

Clarification Please!!!
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • jjaisjjiaj
    jjaisjjiaj Posts: 1 New User
    I've playing for like what now? 2 years. I farmed a lot of money, didn't even go s3/g16, but went for a r8rr aps bm,not even went for good refines, just the essential to survive and farm fsp, with fsp and a nw every week( now it even got nerfed for me, since the nations reach almost 200, which means very low profit), after months farming, i was expecting on the next chips sales to finally reach my r9 ring after much time, so now pwe is telling that after so many freaking months farming for my ring will be worthless?, what i'll gonna do with my r9 ring if i can't buy the mogs and gsts to make at least my gear?, without mogs on boutique, the prices of mogs already on the market flow will skyrocket, and new mogs from tw will be given to faction mates, that surprise surprise, is already full of r9rr, and mogs from packs will be like 200m? 300m?, can't even tell how ppl will make news gsts, chips from bh reward? seriously, if this happen a lot of ppl like me will ragequit for sure, because i'm sure as hell i will.
  • zoner112012
    I would like to point out most of the people aren't saying or believe it will be gone for good. The problem is that they are removing something that is essentially to obtaining end game gear for players from the boutique, just to put it in when THEY want to. This hurts many players that can't just spend $$$$$ on whim but had planned on getting the stuff eventually. That is the real problem, yet again they are doing something to **** over the mainstream of players, and it is something major. They really need to reconsider this, it is clearly something many do not agree with.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    If they remove MoGs and chip packs from the boutique permanently, that would not bode well with a lot of the player-base. If they are just removing them for a limited time and bring them back occasionally on sale, then that is fine, as most players buy them when they are 50% off anyway.

If MoGs become a pack item, then that would be a very bad decision, but being this IS PWI, only time will tell.

2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• edbiomedic
    edbiomedic Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm felling a new trick with R9 in Boutique, if MoG will erased from Boutique, maybe in the future, GST can't be more forged ... so R9 will be fucckkiing harder to get ... but this is only a possiblity in my mind

So why put GST in Boutique?

Misteryous Chip Pack have 10 misteryous chip each ... buying the option for 100 Misteryous Chip Packs is 50 silver (0.5 gold) in boutique (with normal price) ... so is 1,000 Misteryous Chip ... each GST is 9,999 Misteryous Chip so for easy calcs is 10,000 Misteryous Chip, right, if for take 1,000 Misteryous Chip expend 0.5 gold ... for take 10,000 Misteryous Chip will be 5 gold, so forging GST buying Misteryous Chip Pack in Boutique will 5 gold and buy GST in Boutique will be 60 gold, so somebody pls explain the logic in this ...

I would buy at christmas, Misterious Chip Packs to forge GST and take R9 ring and weapon, after this I'll don't more ... ty PWI ...
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • shido45
    shido45 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    this is a crock if sh*t. what about the people that are almost their getting their r9 when the change happens. 60 gold for gst. mog from tw and packs. this is a scam for pwi to make more money from pack sells and the OVER priced gst.

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/perfect-world-entertainment-in-redwood-city-ca-375623

start complaining!
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    I doubt chips and MoGs are really hot sellers when they aren't on sale. Makes sense to remove them to make room for other c***.
  • shido45
    shido45 Posts: 11 Arc User
    jadasia wrote: »
    I doubt chips and MoGs are really hot sellers when they aren't on sale. Makes sense to remove them to make room for other c***.
    excuse me. nothing about this makes sense. make room for what, more packs?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    shido45 wrote: »
    Maybe they'll finally add new fashion to the Boutique? heh
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zoner112012
    Maybe they'll finally add new fashion to the Boutique? heh

They add new fash all the time...for women. So much sexism there. #FreeTheMoobs
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    thesquee1 wrote: »
    A faction mate brought up a good point, they could be being removed in the same way packs are in that they're not for sale at all until a sale happens meaning you can buy them on sale but not off sale.

pretty sure this hits the nail on the head they will be back don't initiate "Panic Mode" just yet they've removed mogs and chips from shops various times over my 5 yr pwi career and they've always come back it's just a little break im sure. Calm the heck down :D

Feels like the servers getting like Area 51level conspiracy paranoia these days ijs
  • sylenthunder
    Just FYI for you guys.
    I did manage to poke someone and they'll be taking a look into it. Stay tuned for updates. normal-35.gif

​​
  • cece9
    cece9 Posts: 5 Arc User
    It's not like you guys buy them when they're not on sale anyway. calm your monkeys. they're not gonna be available not on sale, gonna be back on sale whenever they choose. not like anythings gonna change...sales are the only time they sell anyway.
  • zoner112012
    cece9 wrote: »
    It's not like you guys buy them when they're not on sale anyway. calm your monkeys. they're not gonna be available not on sale, gonna be back on sale whenever they choose. not like anythings gonna change...sales are the only time they sell anyway.

People keep saying that but lack to see 2 things.

1) PWI has stated they are removing it from boutique NOT if they are going to bring it back on sales times.

2) This hurts people that can't just buy it on the whim when PWI decides to throw it at us without warning as they usually do or less then a weeks notice. Sure people could save up but lets be logical, that isn't easy for most people and when they have the money they will spend it then.

Regardless this is clearly upsetting people and is clearly going to cause issues and mess with that market. On top of all the new stuff coming out soon they are clearly doing this to clear up space for other things the question is what? No transparency here, we never know till about a week before when something is gonna happen anymore and that usually isn't enough of a warning for much of anything..and that is IF they give us a heads up at all.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    I agree, they said they'll remove the vendors too. And they did NOT. I hope they just scare us to buy a lot of MOGs now.

That would be something I am sure would get them in legal trouble, manipulating people into spending money for their profit is basically a scam.

They are doing nothing illegal in that. They leave boutique for X amount of time and return, simple as that. Removing them from boutique is just that, removing, nothing prevents putting them back there. They have done the exact same thing in past.

You are not reading everything i said and not understand WHAT I am saying COULD be considered illegal or scamming. So yea....maybe read everything and not just what you want?

The only way to consider what they are doing to be scamming/illegal requires illogical leaps in chain of thinking. In order to see something shady in it you have to want to see something shady in it. If you go behind if/could/etc. There could be wild polar bears in Africa, are you not going to consider such statement stupid/pointless waste of time? Thats what I thought.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • zoner112012

The only way to consider what they are doing to be scamming/illegal requires illogical leaps in chain of thinking. In order to see something shady in it you have to want to see something shady in it. If you go behind if/could/etc. There could be wild polar bears in Africa, are you not going to consider such statement stupid/pointless waste of time? Thats what I thought.

You really don't make much sense and as I said clearly lack the understanding. I only said IF they were doing this for that reason it could be considered that way. Again read everything and not just what you want it REALLY helps you look less like a moron.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User

No, not really any "illogical leaps in chain of thinking" required. I think Zoner is referring to Bait and Switch which can be illegal. Of course, PWI has done this sort of thing already on multiple occasion and nobody has yet to pursue legal action, and it's highly unlikely anyone will.
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • forgets2flush
    forgets2flush Posts: 10 Arc User
    Everyone is in an uproar over nothing. The posts states and I quote, "This week in PWI, grab your last chance to obtain Rank IX gear material! Medals of Glory and Mysterious Chip Packs will leave the Boutique on August 19th."

There is nothing stating that MoGs and Chip packs will be permanently removed from the boutique. PWI has done this same ploy a few years back and got the EXACT SAME RESPONSE AS NOW. All they are saying is that after the 19th the sale will end; and, if history is any indicator the next sale will be in late November.

If the old news links are still available, I'll see if I can find that post. It almost looks like the sale group did a cut a paste. If that does not sound familiar then you have not been playing PWI long enough. Also, get use to it.
  • zoner112012

No, not really any "illogical leaps in chain of thinking" required. I think Zoner is referring to Bait and Switch which can be illegal. Of course, PWI has done this sort of thing already on multiple occasion and nobody has yet to pursue legal action, and it's highly unlikely anyone will.

My point is that there are players that WOULD take action if that is what they are doing. I never claimed they were. However given how they have changed many news things lately spur of the moment and changed rewards and so forth..if they DO plan on switching this they need to do it FAST because there are a LOT of really ticked off people about this atm.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    Everyone is in an uproar over nothing. The posts states and I quote, "This week in PWI, grab your last chance to obtain Rank IX gear material! Medals of Glory and Mysterious Chip Packs will leave the Boutique on August 19th."

There is nothing stating that MoGs and Chip packs will be permanently removed from the boutique. PWI has done this same ploy a few years back and got the EXACT SAME RESPONSE AS NOW. All they are saying is that after the 19th the sale will end; and, if history is any indicator the next sale will be in late November.

If the old news links are still available, I'll see if I can find that post. It almost looks like the sale group did a cut a paste. If that does not sound familiar then you have not been playing PWI long enough. Also, get use to it.
    Yeah, PWE is well known for mis-information in the announcements, and for copy-pasting old data.

However...
    "will leave the Boutique" is a lot different from "will no longer be on sale"
    "Leaving the boutique" implies that the items will be removed, and will no longer be available for purchase. Which is why this thread got started in the first place.

I did inform the Product Manager for PWI that we would like clarification on this, and also on the GST price in the boutique. We just need to wait for a response now.

​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

The thing is, they are switching nothing in its essence if and when PWE acts the way it generally does. Yes, they are indeed trying to get people to spend by removing R9 mats from boutique but nowhere do they state they will be gone forever. By nowhere stating how long R9 mats will be gone they could technically remove them for couple of hours to fulfill their promise. Considering they said on last MoG sale its gonna be last MoG sale of year 2015 chances are there will be big sales on January. This long period of time would make things anything but shady.

Its not really illogical leaps, simply stupidity I suppose. They have promised you no timeline, outside of MoGs earlier, on when they will be on sale again. If they put them back to boutique in week or two, yea, its shady but why would you assume them to be that stupid? It makes no sense for them to do so, its a business not a club to **** with ppls heads.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User

we have a ********* expansion coming for god's sake. We have the astrolabe system coming. What the hell do you mean make room for what? There could be plenty of things to make room for. OMFG. Who knows what's in store for us. They gave us a week's notice for a server merge.

Make room for what.....lol
  • indiaecho
    indiaecho Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    pwi never cease to amaze me. First they put in GST for 60 gold each and everyone says must be an error but its turning out not to be and now they are removing mogs and chips. Oh and by the way, it does say ON SALE until the 19th....which normally means the items are actually discounted. Seems they forgot to do that... cause flyers are supposed to half price as well..last time i looked SB icelight flyer was 18 gold, i bought one last week....14g4silver isnt half price PWI, you guys really need to back to school and learn basic math.
  • tezzaryn
    tezzaryn Posts: 4 Arc User
    if this does happen, pwi will lose so much business , there profits will be in the red, permanently - ijs
  • forgets2flush
    forgets2flush Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So here is an example even more ominous. All you Chicken Littles better prepare yourself.

By frankieraye Tue 13 Mar 2012

Yes, I'm afraid the 5-pack MoGs will unavailable in PWI Boutique indefinitely! Better stock up.
  • zoner112012
    So here is an example even more ominous. All you Chicken Littles better prepare yourself.

By frankieraye Tue 13 Mar 2012

Yes, I'm afraid the 5-pack MoGs will unavailable in PWI Boutique indefinitely! Better stock up.

Uhhh.....clearly you don't understand the definition of indefinitely: for an unlimited or unspecified period of time. Which means it could be forever or could be for a day. This post never said they were taking them away FOREVER, but rather for an unspecified amount of time. So I lack to see how this post has ANYTHING to do with them just saying they are taking it out and nothing about a time frame. Maybe read a dictionary?
    ln5aR6B.jpg