Defence charms

wolf359
wolf359 Posts: 26 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Arigora Colosseum
OK as a caster why are not all casters not complaining about the defence charms that last for two hits?

Is it just me that thinks this is stupid... its hard enough at this moment in time to be a caster since the balance between melee and casting is so unbalanced and i mean by the fact that zerk was intended to give melee builds more damage since casters USED to do almost x2 the damage per hit than them but at a slow rate vs there zerk and high dps but now they have skills that hit several times so in theory they shouldnt have zerk anymor but besides all that theses defence charms are ruining pvp.

HOW ...well lets say we casters use the reduce phy damge one also lasts for 2 hits and a melee toon uses the reduce magic damage for 2 hits .....they hit us very fast lets say a sin uses life hunter thats our two hits gone in 1 second then they use elimination for full dmg (to op skill btw need nerfing) now we cast one skill one defence gone 2 seconds later another skill yay 4 seconds(all depending on casting speed i know but most casters it will be around that time)BUT then they can use another one almost giving them a 67%reduce mag damage all the time so not only do melee toons hit harder than ever before thanks to pwi not understanding the word BALANCE but they now have an almost constant 67% reduction in damage against all casters yeah thats balanced.

I could not find many threads about this issue so either nobody else cares/nobody else can be bothered to complain or only melee class players go on forums.
I dont actually play this game much anymore just on sunday mainly due to the imbalance in this game pwi add more and more rubbish to make people do more damage/added more skills that are stupidly overpowered almost as the person making them have no idea what game its for and then they add theses defence charms which give such a good advantage to melee and do next to nothing for casters.

PWI needs to be remastered the game and take into account all the new skills/cards/passive for one zerk weapons was never intended to make a class one shot people and the developers never at the time thought people would have 100% crit or have the amount of damage people now have and obviously the person who put those defence things in didnt have a clue how the game works and nobody checked the dudes work.​​
Post edited by ovenusarmanio on

Comments

  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    If we would have a contest (lan, everyone maxed, all pots/charms/weapons available, everyone is only allowed to choose one class) with professional gamers, I'd say the pro-gamers would take BM, Stormbringer, Wizzard or Assassin.

    And pro-gamers would beat our endgame-CSers easily again, because they are not used to fight against comparable characters. ;)

    With primal skills everyone has a high defence now. I'd say most people feel weak because the get instant-killed by a way better character and maybe by a player with a way better ping.

    Even if you got a 3x103 r999 full +10, vit stone sharded and buffed melee class, a maxed caster with way more spirit (maxed S cards, 3x105, Mirage Sky X) can hit you for 100+k.

    If you complain about casters beeing sluggish, you didn't play a barb yet ;) (to take advance of all self-buffs you have to waste way too much time). Some classes are pve-build imo and imbalance is a known feature of non-competitve F2P MMOs, it's a way to increase the income of a company.

    I suppose that's why no one really cares about this "issue". Because it's nothing new. This game is about PvE and wc-PvP, a PvP-only play of style in PWI is too expensive. Many people got trapped and wasted thousands of dollars years ago (many people did spend way more than they can afford). But MMOs/virtual worlds are nothing new anymore and lost their attraction; at least in western world. Asia + others will follow.
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    tet wrote: »
    If we would have a contest (lan, everyone maxed, all pots/charms/weapons available, everyone is only allowed to choose one class) with professional gamers, I'd say the pro-gamers would take BM, Stormbringer, Wizzard or Assassin.

    And pro-gamers would beat our endgame-CSers easily again, because they are not used to fight against comparable characters. ;)

    With primal skills everyone has a high defence now. I'd say most people feel weak because the get instant-killed by a way better character and maybe by a player with a way better ping.

    Even if you got a 3x103 r999 full +10, vit stone sharded and buffed melee class, a maxed caster with way more spirit (maxed S cards, 3x105, Mirage Sky X) can hit you for 100+k.

    bull ****, I'm lucky if I can hit a bm with slightly less spirit than me in those gears for 15 k with a 3 spark crit, even if they had 0 spirit that would mean I would hit 30 k max.

    If you complain about casters beeing sluggish, you didn't play a barb yet ;)

    really? Barb is one of 2 classes that are able to one shot my 3r9+11/12 SB w/ 1k spirit regularly...and from range ( I hate ancestral rage)
    (to take advance of all self-buffs you have to waste way too much time). Some classes are pve-build imo and imbalance is a known feature of non-competitve F2P MMOs, it's a way to increase the income of a company.

    I suppose that's why no one really cares about this "issue". Because it's nothing new. This game is about PvE and wc-PvP, a PvP-only play of style in PWI is too expensive. Many people got trapped and wasted thousands of dollars years ago (many people did spend way more than they can afford). But MMOs/virtual worlds are nothing new anymore and lost their attraction; at least in western world. Asia + others will follow.
    Some responses in bold italics, as for the last paragraph, I'll give ya that, it's either a tremendous amount of money or amount of time ( if you include afk cat shop time as well) and most ppl are more intrested in WC pvp and normal pvp =/
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    wolf359 wrote: »
    OK as a caster why are not all casters not complaining about the defence charms that last for two hits?

    Is it just me that thinks this is stupid... its hard enough at this moment in time to be a caster since the balance between melee and casting is so unbalanced and i mean by the fact that zerk was intended to give melee builds more damage since casters USED to do almost x2 the damage per hit than them but at a slow rate vs there zerk and high dps but now they have skills that hit several times so in theory they shouldnt have zerk anymor but besides all that theses defence charms are ruining pvp.

    HOW ...well lets say we casters use the reduce phy damge one also lasts for 2 hits and a melee toon uses the reduce magic damage for 2 hits .....they hit us very fast lets say a sin uses life hunter thats our two hits gone in 1 second then they use elimination for full dmg (to op skill btw need nerfing) now we cast one skill one defence gone 2 seconds later another skill yay 4 seconds(all depending on casting speed i know but most casters it will be around that time).


    you forgot to point out that after the two hits of life hunter were up caster gets a puri proc and is now safely accross the map. Melee doesnt catch up until the cool down is complete. Even playing field.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    wolf359 wrote: »
    OK as a caster why are not all casters not complaining about the defence charms that last for two hits?

    Is it just me that thinks this is stupid... its hard enough at this moment in time to be a caster since the balance between melee and casting is so unbalanced and i mean by the fact that zerk was intended to give melee builds more damage since casters USED to do almost x2 the damage per hit than them but at a slow rate vs there zerk and high dps but now they have skills that hit several times so in theory they shouldnt have zerk anymor but besides all that theses defence charms are ruining pvp.

    HOW ...well lets say we casters use the reduce phy damge one also lasts for 2 hits and a melee toon uses the reduce magic damage for 2 hits .....they hit us very fast lets say a sin uses life hunter thats our two hits gone in 1 second then they use elimination for full dmg (to op skill btw need nerfing) now we cast one skill one defence gone 2 seconds later another skill yay 4 seconds(all depending on casting speed i know but most casters it will be around that time).


    ... Unless you hit them once before they lifehuntered you. In which case now you have the advantage.

  • wolf359
    wolf359 Posts: 26 Arc User
    Ah i see .....so while doing something else a stelath sin double sparks starts attacking you notice within that 0.1 second and run away ...you have very good reaction times, i for one while in the middle of typing cant do that it would take me afew seconds get out of the text chat then move away ....OH and this is assuming they life hunter and STOP attacking because im sure they will either curse jail or paralize you right after OH and i thought (i could be wrong) puri doesnt proc 100% of the time so YOUR assuming that your sat there WAITING to get attacked and you have your fingure on the move key AND that the sin doesnt attack you after the lifehunter AND that purify procs..

    Well done for your expert knowledge of the proc system and how sins pk ....can i join your server??If thats how things work there
  • jellyfighter
    jellyfighter Posts: 6 Arc User
    I agree with the OP, caster classes got the shortest stick with these defense charms yet again. I don't see why classes that need nerf get favored even more by the game developers. I already made a thread about assassins (Assassin as a class - in the same subforum), which points out how unbeatable assassins have become since those defense charms have been released.
    eirghan wrote: »
    you forgot to point out that after the two hits of life hunter were up caster gets a puri proc and is now safely accross the map. Melee doesnt catch up until the cool down is complete. Even playing field.

    I always end up taking all hits by that skill even if I'm across the map, that doesn't seem to stop it from casting. Even if by some miracle it stops, you can still 1 hit us with zerk knife throw... Happens too often. Balanced? I think not.


  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    tet wrote: »
    If we would have a contest (lan, everyone maxed, all pots/charms/weapons available, everyone is only allowed to choose one class) with professional gamers, I'd say the pro-gamers would take BM, Stormbringer, Wizzard or Assassin.

    And pro-gamers would beat our endgame-CSers easily again, because they are not used to fight against comparable characters. ;)

    With primal skills everyone has a high defence now. I'd say most people feel weak because the get instant-killed by a way better character and maybe by a player with a way better ping.

    Even if you got a 3x103 r999 full +10, vit stone sharded and buffed melee class, a maxed caster with way more spirit (maxed S cards, 3x105, Mirage Sky X) can hit you for 100+k.

    If you complain about casters beeing sluggish, you didn't play a barb yet ;) (to take advance of all self-buffs you have to waste way too much time). Some classes are pve-build imo and imbalance is a known feature of non-competitve F2P MMOs, it's a way to increase the income of a company.

    I suppose that's why no one really cares about this "issue". Because it's nothing new. This game is about PvE and wc-PvP, a PvP-only play of style in PWI is too expensive. Many people got trapped and wasted thousands of dollars years ago (many people did spend way more than they can afford). But MMOs/virtual worlds are nothing new anymore and lost their attraction; at least in western world. Asia + others will follow.

    I'm currently doing dailies and PvPing after them...xDD Thanks to the merge. If we are talking about the strongest classes you should've said Barb and Duskblade bth on deity-builts. Both just eredicate Caster and are strong enough to beat all the other classes in the game. Ya true, I can hit people for over 100k that fullfill the requirements you just listed...but it's friggin hard with those def charms at hand. Sure Stormbringer can lock people up quite good so def charms won't matter much that's why they arn't that affected by it (cept while fighting Psys...damn thats nearly impossible with the new def charms).

    BTT: I was against those def charms the moment they made the announcement for it. If Def charms then only the normal 50% ones are decent and fair. Why? Cause look at some classes that cannot lock people up for some time like Barbs, BMs, Storms and especially duskblades. Sins also profit from this the most since they have several multi-hit skills which just bypass those defcharms pretty much esp. the duskblade class. Def-Charms can only be used while not being stunned, slept, paralyzed. That means that any class that can lock can bypass those charms one way or another.

    Now look at Wizards, Seeker, Archer and so on. They all have limited locking abilities which makes it nearly impossible for them to kill others which are using the new def charms unless they are using Occult Ice on their genie which is why I recommend anyone a STR-Genie. 2 Attacks will be reduced to a nearly neglicable level and if you managed to lock an enemy and got it ticked meanwhile or at the start of the battle you can ignore the next 4!!! Attacks if you dont lock the enemy up. This is by all means absolutely rediculous and game breaking. Those charms are obviously not needed as I am able to beat even the strongest ppl without the use of them on my Barb and Storm. Sure I can make them useless for most my enemies cause I play classes that can lock. Even so...one can survive by other means. Just imagine being a non-locking class...you get locked all the time..your charms are pretty much useless..you can finally break free from a lock and try to go for a kill but OH SNAP! You cant get through the def charms. Well too bad, isnt it?

    Using those charms is just breaking the game. I NEVER died while using these charms and judging from a Barb PoV...thats not gonna happen. I actually only used them on 2 people in the entire time of having them as they've been using them too and I would've been in a too extreme disadvantage not using them.

    BTW: The same thing applies to the attack charms. They are also broken...but they are not too bad...as you could have devent attack charms since Morai so its ok-ish.

    I hope they just remove them...but knowing PWE...that's not gonna happen. Single tick 67% def charms like the lunar ones would have been ok. But this. blah.
    I agree with the OP, caster classes got the shortest stick with these defense charms yet again. I don't see why classes that need nerf get favored even more by the game developers. I already made a thread about assassins (Assassin as a class - in the same subforum), which points out how unbeatable assassins have become since those defense charms have been released.

    I always end up taking all hits by that skill even if I'm across the map, that doesn't seem to stop it from casting. Even if by some miracle it stops, you can still 1 hit us with zerk knife throw... Happens too often. Balanced? I think not.

    Sins are not that OP. They are if you consider the mass-PvP aspect due to Tidal Protection alone. Like Seriously..without tidal you just lock them and kill them like any other non-Purify Spell-weaponed class. DMG-wise are Barbs superior by far. Same goes for survivability. You can lock barbs up and just destroy them with 3+ people. You can do that with sins after tidal runs out as well. Sins are only strong while having Tidal on. Without it, they are nothing. ofc it appears to be an OP class if you are not that well geared. At endgame...no caster dies by a 2-sparked elemination from stealth unless they're being afk. Heck no one gets killed by that at endgame.
  • jellyfighter
    jellyfighter Posts: 6 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    You can lock barbs up and just destroy them with 3+ people. You can do that with sins after tidal runs out as well.

    And how exactly is this balanced? As for DBs & barbs, yes, I agree. Especially DBs, they're already OP without primal skills. It's time developers did something with arcane classes because nowadays everyone BUT casters (who are supposed to be nukes) deal more damage while being tankier than the latter.




  • jellyfighter
    jellyfighter Posts: 6 Arc User
    Either chinese version of PW is so much different or they're just blind/have no knowledge about game mechanics whatsoever.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Sins are not that OP. They are if you consider the mass-PvP aspect due to Tidal Protection alone. Like Seriously..without tidal you just lock them and kill them like any other non-Purify Spell-weaponed class. DMG-wise are Barbs superior by far. Same goes for survivability. You can lock barbs up and just destroy them with 3+ people. You can do that with sins after tidal runs out as well. Sins are only strong while having Tidal on. Without it, they are nothing. ofc it appears to be an OP class if you are not that well geared. At endgame...no caster dies by a 2-sparked elemination from stealth unless they're being afk. Heck no one gets killed by that at endgame.
    Even near-endgame it's not that big of a deal. I was taking out sins more often than they took me when I was still in R8 +4. I'm better geared now, but it takes a good sin much higher geared than myself to kill me quickly, and it's hardly one-shot.