Server Merge -- FREE Identity Stone is on the way (Updated)

Comments

• jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    zeevhaora wrote: »

I've left and came back to the game 5 times for various reasons. Once for more than a year. I wouldn't want my account deleted.

Because you care with your toons. This others, no.

Each time I left the game I did so with no intention of returning. Life has a way of selecting priorities for us. But I come back just to look around and I start playing a little.

I definitely would not want others players to make the decision of deleting my toon because they want my name. I created it with the name I chose. others have to deal with it. An it's really nobody else's place to decide whether or not the person who created the toon doesn't deserve to keep it just because they are no longer active. Who knows what is going on in their lives. I have some friends who joined the military. Others going to med school. They may be back someday and would love to log into their old account.

If people want the name someone else has then that's too bad. They'll just have to choose another.
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    zoldickun, or just ignore the tears of Tzoner in forum? Like you said before, irretocable: time zone is a just argument. Argue about language of ppl in one international mmo is ****, in the better of situations, or xenophobia. D:

Clean database of all inactives can turn more easy to one future make one way to change toons of servers (and release tons of nice names to no need use bizarre variations).

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    zoldickun, or just ignore the tears of Tzoner in forum? Like you said before, irretocable: time zone is a just argument. Argue about language of ppl in one international mmo is ****, in the better of situations, or xenophobia. D:

Clean database of all inactives can turn more easy to one future make one way to change toons of servers (and release tons of nice names to no need use bizarre variations).

I lack to see your guys valid arguments. I am not even crying I am making valid points to which you are just trolling. I am not even ON that server and yet I am hearing constant anger from the players. This is an international mmo, but the rules for which languages are actually allowed have changed over time. Originally people were not allowed to WC spam foreign languages, and if you look at the server merge forum post it clearly gives players the allowance to speak multiple different languages, with multiple langauges also being used in the announcements. Forcing people who have played on an east coast server to use even times from an EU server is screwed up. Also I am pretty sure that HL has been around longer then Morai (correct me if I'm wrong, something you have yet to do) which would mean that the HL players have been used to their east coast times for a long time. A lot of the people CHOSE that server because it matched up with their time zone or worked in their favor so they could do events and such, and PWE has taken away that ability from many players. Again I lack to see any valid argument saying why PWE shouldn't allow them the choice to transfer servers. You and this zoldickun are just being callous and trying to force an opinion with no merit into a conversation.

Of course all of that is moot as I'm sure you will just come back with some reiteration of stupidity that you already have stated and continue to troll. People like you don't help anyone.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • zeevhaora
    edited August 2015
    I think I need to learn to write correctly in English to do so (grammar na.zis believe only they can speech and have voice)

I reiterate something that allows any player to move their characters to any other server is welcome. Not only Americans (I mean the American continent people, not only USA) the old Harshlands to a server that is more friendly to your time zone, but any and all who so wish.

Discussions about the language the person speaks is silly at best, or disguised xenophobia. I hope that you fit in the former, but I have my doubts.

Regarding the treatment of PWE to its players at least Brazilian players (like me) do not have to complain. Better than're only available the client in Portuguese as there are clients in French and German. We even have an exclusive method of payment that is simply wonderful! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/3032873-new-payment-gateway =D =D =D

Again I ask, PWE! Clean the database of inactive accounts! So we not use more silly variations of the names we really want, now attached to an abandoned character!
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Yep. I was about to answer his last post but he's writing he is not on DawnGlory server yet try to give facts about what can be seen or not there. I think it's just a common example of what xenophobia is, with people being afraid of what they don't know.

Besides I think my english is not good enough anyway, so the guy can't read me correctly and didn't even notice we did agree with him regarding timezones.

Note : I never saw any rules stating people were not allowed to speak their own language on WC. It has always been like that on PWI and was already like that on PW-MY "english speaking" servers almost ten years ago.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Really, who cares if someone doesnt talk english in wc? Just ignore him or her if you dont understand. If PW would have banned all players that dont talk english in Wc or beside english they talk other languege that would have been 50% of players banned.
    This discussion happened on Archosaur server ( Etherblade now) were someone was upset on ppl that talk other languege thats not english. The majority agreed that people are free to talk in what languege they want. I dont care in what languege a person talk as long as he or she doesnt pronounce my name.
    giphy.gif

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Really, who cares if someone doesnt talk english in wc? Just ignore him or her if you dont understand. If PW would have banned all players that dont talk english in Wc or beside english they talk other languege that would have been 50% of players banned.
    This discussion happened on Archosaur server ( Etherblade now) were someone was upset on ppl that talk other languege thats not english. The majority agreed that people are free to talk in what languege they want. I dont care in what languege a person talk as long as he or she doesnt pronounce my name.

I think the issue is more that it's most of the time 2 or 3 people talking (For example yesterday on tideswell) in russian.
    Make a chatroom, use PM's.
    They are there for a reason.
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Ok seriously...xenophobia? I have friends from all walks of life, many different countries and languages. This is the same as race baiting. LOL assuming i have a fear or dislike for people from other countries just because people I have spoken to have stated THEIR dislike for having to read different languages constantly is not only irrational but callous. Grow up please. As to you agreeing with me with time zones, it doesn't matter really what YOU agree with or not does it? Clearly you are players that are used to the EU time zone. While you may play on Dawnglory server you clearly lack the understanding from people from the HL side of things. I was just merely pointing out that I do have many friends wishing for this change. To attack that statement just because you disagree with all or any of it is really sad.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    edited August 2015
    dblazen1 wrote: »

I think the issue is more that it's most of the time 2 or 3 people talking (For example yesterday on tideswell) in russian.
    Make a chatroom, use PM's.
    They are there for a reason.

And why shouldnt they talk in russian in wc? Why should they be forced to use pms or chatroom.I sometimes talk in romanian in Etherblade server and I didnt have anyone complaining about it.
    Ok if we are at this how about that anything that has nothing to do with making a squad or selling or buying an item should be done in pms or chatroom.
    Serious why is an issue that people talk not in english in wc? How this affects you in a way or another?
    Sorry but this is an elitist way of thinking. its like:'' Why people dont do things the way I want them to do?
    giphy.gif

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Guys, you're getting hugely off-topic here. Please keep the discussion to the relevance of the thread. If you want to talk about prejudice, xenophobia, and languages, use this thread.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bloodedone87
    Guys, you're getting hugely off-topic here. Please keep the discussion to the relevance of the thread. If you want to talk about prejudice, xenophobia, and languages, use this thread.

Sorry for derailing. you are right.
    giphy.gif

• groovykat
    groovykat Posts: 48 Arc User

Again I ask, PWE! Clean the database of inactive accounts! So we not use more silly variations of the names we really want, now attached to an abandoned character!

Really? I did not play PWI for almost 4 years. When I left in 2010, I played Jade Dynasty for awhile (another PWE game btw), my husband died, I moved up to the mountains and did not have internet access until I moved to the closest city a little over a year ago. I didn't abandon my toons for forever. Life got in the way. You want to take my account away from me for this? Really?

I am speechless.

--
    103/103/102 demon cleric
    103/102/102 demon seeker
    100/100/100 demon veno

• razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    groovykat wrote: »

Really? I did not play PWI for almost 4 years. When I left in 2010, I played Jade Dynasty for awhile (another PWE game btw), my husband died, I moved up to the mountains and did not have internet access until I moved to the closest city a little over a year ago. I didn't abandon my toons for forever. Life got in the way. You want to take my account away from me for this? Really?

I am speechless.

Your real life doesnt matter in that case im sorry to say that.
    But there are people who played like you but dont have intentions to come back.
    Would they be mad if the had the suffix on their name? take a wild guess.

Noone cares what your real life is all about and when your account is inactive for two years you probably wont come back anytime soon and when it happens you got a namechange stone in your mailbox, neat right?
    The player who was playing that time doesnt get the suffix but the inactive one gets it, sounds fair to me.

But w/e some people think its all about themselfs anyway mouse-1.gif
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • groovykat
    razzzza wrote: »

I am speechless.

Noone cares what your real life is all about and when your account is inactive for two years you probably wont come back anytime soon and when it happens you got a namechange stone in your mailbox, neat right?
    The player who was playing that time doesnt get the suffix but the inactive one gets it, sounds fair to me.

Yeah. ok. A lot of good a name change stone would do if my account is gone as has been the suggestion above. Ya'll do realize that someone may have quit PWI but play one of the other PWE games and that the account is the same? Wouldn't someone be surprised to wake up one day and find they can't play Star Trek or Prime World or whatever because some nub wants the name they had on PWI 2, 3, 4,5, 6 years ago and had their account deleted to satisfy said nub?

smh
    --
    103/103/102 demon cleric
    103/102/102 demon seeker
    100/100/100 demon veno

• wizard6lord
    wizard6lord Posts: 4 Arc User
    i got banned and i dont know why hope its maystic T_T
  • sylenthunder
    i got banned and i dont know why hope its maystic T_T
    You can find out by opening a ticket or sending an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com

Also note: Bans are not to be discussed on the forum.

​​
  • zeevhaora

Ya'll do realize that someone may have quit PWI but play one of the other PWE games and that the account is the same? Wouldn't someone be surprised to wake up one day and find they can't play Star Trek or Prime World or whatever because some nub wants the name they had on PWI 2, 3, 4,5, 6 years ago and had their account deleted to satisfy said nub?

smh

Considering game's dinamics, everybody play pwi years ago and dont back is nub, comparing with actual players. Dailies improve toons, and all class get new skills, and a lot of other stuffs old players dont know if dont return.

And if someone play other game, this person have you account active, no?

Also, why drama? Read ToS. PWI tell about it since years ago. I m only sugesting to yes, use it. Maybe one cleared database help until with less lag. :)
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    razzzza wrote: »

I am speechless.

You nor any other player has any standing to decide what someone else's intentions are regarding their account just because you or some some other nab wants that someone else's character name. Such mindset is incredibly selfish.

If someone else has a name you or another wants then too bad.

Lag is caused by the number of active players online and not inactive players offline.
  • zeevhaora
    Selfish is keep one toon non active you no play only because one name.

Lag is for more only this reason. One server need find and organize less toons in database work better of one a lot of ancient names w/o use.
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I don't think it's nice for someone to lose their name, and even worse their account. Who decides who is more pro, more active, more nab or whatever it is called here. Some of my characters have the suffix on them, I didn't like it but I don't wish for others to be on the same situation. Why would I wish for others to be put in the same position as me? I'd like my problem to be solved not be thrown on other people.

I admit having suddenly a suffix when I didn't chose it, it doesn't feel nice. But I don't understand the logic of putting someone on the same spot as I am. Even if said person is inactive, he/she might be active tomorrow, the day after tomorrow or whenever they choose. They have the same right as me to own the same name. I even feel like congratulating them on the great taste in names. :)

The only time that I'd ask for the name to be removed is if I was 100% sure that they created the toon with the purpose of me getting the suffix, and of course assuming that I had evidence for that. Unless this is the case (which I highly doubt it is concerning my toons), I don't see how putting others on the same spot would be helpful. Then it would be their time to complain and ask for my names to be removed, and then we would go back to the start. >.<
  • razzzza
    You nor any other player has any standing to decide what someone else's intentions are regarding their account just because you or some some other nab wants that someone else's character name. Such mindset is incredibly selfish.

If someone else has a name you or another wants then too bad.

Lag is caused by the number of active players online and not inactive players offline.

wtf are you talking about man.
    I never said a word about deleting the account im just saying that PWI should have thought about giving characters that did not login for a set amount of time (let it be 1 year or 1 1/2) the suffix and not the active playing one that is getting the suffix.

Are you people not understanding basic thoughts about stuff that would make sense? mouse-35.gif
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • groovykat
    I am just glad that players are not the deciders-in-chief of who gets to keep their toons and/or accounts or not because someone else wants that name. If my lovely little cleric and/or her account got deleted because someone else wanted to be a groovypoppet, then I would have been heartbroken. It doesn't matter how long I was gone from the game. The point is I came back and I play regularly again.
    --
    103/103/102 demon cleric
    103/102/102 demon seeker
    100/100/100 demon veno

• razzzza
    I am just glad that players are not the deciders-in-chief of who gets to keep their toons and/or accounts or not because someone else wants that name. If my lovely little cleric and/or her account got deleted because someone else wanted to be a groovypoppet, then I would have been heartbroken. It doesn't matter how long I was gone from the game. The point is I came back and I play regularly again.

please quote me the sentence where anyone talked about deleting a character or account.
    Or do you think getting a suffix means your account gets deleted? mouse-21.gif
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • groovykat
    Dude. Are you high? I already did in my first post on this thread. Scroll up. You even quoted it. wtf.
    --
    103/103/102 demon cleric
    103/102/102 demon seeker
    100/100/100 demon veno

• zeevhaora
    One point important maybe is than i dont talk to delete high lvls toons because innactive.

This same experience was made in brazilians server and there all accounts with toons under lvl 50 and innactive for more than 1 year was deleted.

What problem in PWI make some similar?
  • eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 90 Arc User
    darky26 wrote: »
    I don't think it's nice for someone to lose their name, and even worse their account. Who decides who is more pro, more active, more nab or whatever it is called here. Some of my characters have the suffix on them, I didn't like it but I don't wish for others to be on the same situation. Why would I wish for others to be put in the same position as me? I'd like my problem to be solved not be thrown on other people.

I admit having suddenly a suffix when I didn't chose it, it doesn't feel nice. But I don't understand the logic of putting someone on the same spot as I am. Even if said person is inactive, he/she might be active tomorrow, the day after tomorrow or whenever they choose. They have the same right as me to own the same name. I even feel like congratulating them on the great taste in names. :)

The only time that I'd ask for the name to be removed is if I was 100% sure that they created the toon with the purpose of me getting the suffix, and of course assuming that I had evidence for that. Unless this is the case (which I highly doubt it is concerning my toons), I don't see how putting others on the same spot would be helpful. Then it would be their time to complain and ask for my names to be removed, and then we would go back to the start. >.<

Quoted simply because it is one of the most adult responses to the situation I have seen in this entire thread.

​​
  • officialbadass1
    officialbadass1 Posts: 25 Arc User
    I think I need to learn to write correctly in English to do so (grammar na.zis believe only they can speech and have voice)

Wow. Troll much? No, spoiled little girl, you DO NOT get to determine that someone else no longer deserves to keep a name that they had first just because you want it. You do not get to take my vehicle away either, just because you think you'd be a better driver, or that you've done things I haven't done in order to deserve that. Life's not fair, the rules are the rules, get over yourself. You keep kicking this argument, to the point that a woman who had real life issues, WHO'S HUSBAND DIED, for **** sake! Shouldn't get to keep a name you find attractive because she takes time off in order to get her life straight? What are you, 9 years old? Mommy and Daddy never said "No" to you?

Your mentality is pretty consistent. I'll bet you lose a duel and call the winner a "noob" even though you are the fail that lost. Typical mentality.

And, judging by the quote above, you really shouldn't be complaining about another's grammar or typing when you can't get yours correct.

Back to the point: This topic isn't about language. It isn't about names (so much). It IS about people being displaced due to a marketing/economics decision on PWE's part.

I want my lag issues addressed (stated in a previous post on this thread), either by moving the people who had chosen to be on the Harshland server because it enabled them to do the quests, events and dailies in a time that they had CHOSEN. I myself made that choice back in 2009 - long before the Morai server existed - and I feel totally left out of a game that I have financially and culturally contributed to on a nearly daily basis ever since then. I haven't left to play another game. I didn't make characters in other servers or private servers because I found the PvP unpalatable or unplayable. I've been here since the beginning and I truly think that myself and those like me should have their needs taken into as much consideration as the people who thought HL had died.

I've managed it. Can the rest of you remain on-topic please?
  • sylenthunder
    Back to the point: This topic isn't about language. It isn't about names (so much). It IS about people being displaced due to a marketing/economics decision on PWE's part.

I want my lag issues addressed (stated in a previous post on this thread), either by moving the people who had chosen to be on the Harshland server because it enabled them to do the quests, events and dailies in a time that they had CHOSEN. I myself made that choice back in 2009 - long before the Morai server existed - and I feel totally left out of a game that I have financially and culturally contributed to on a nearly daily basis ever since then. I haven't left to play another game. I didn't make characters in other servers or private servers because I found the PvP unpalatable or unplayable. I've been here since the beginning and I truly think that myself and those like me should have their needs taken into as much consideration as the people who thought HL had died.

I've managed it. Can the rest of you remain on-topic please?
    Technically speaking, your issue with lag and event times is nowhere near the topic of "FREE Identity Stone is on the way".

Now, to actually get on topic....
    IMHO, they should not remove names for characters that are not in use. Sure, I have a SylenThunder on almost every server, and I only really ever played two of them. Just because you want it and I'm not on that server, and I haven't logged into that character in two years... Nope, you shouldn't get it. It's mine.
    If I decide to go play on Ryukotsusei on the (now) Tideswell server, that character better be there with the name I chose.

Sadly, I currently do not have a SylenThunder on Etherblade because of the way they moved the servers that used to share the same name database. Thanks to the way names were reserved before the merge, and how they got split, I can't make one there either.​​

​​
  • mortiscorvus
    mortiscorvus Posts: 39 Arc User
    Any real word on when they sending out the identity stones? I know it says log in before the 20th but thats really about it.
  • sylenthunder
    Most likely at the maintenance after the 20th, or via mail sometime before the end of the month.​​

​​