Stone glitch 2?

Options
andoryn
andoryn Posts: 3 Arc User
It might be related to "Possible Stone Glitch", [http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1198567/possible-stone-glitch#latest] but I also have trouble with extension stones.

Please let me recap my conversation with the GM's:

1st post after an unsuccessful chat with a representative:

Fact 1: My inventory is at 64 slot capacity.
Fact 2: Before of after buying 2 Inventory Extension Stones from the boutique, no banker gives me the quest to use them to extend my inventory to 80 slots.
Fact 3: I have free space in my quest list.
Fact 4: My in-game husband, who also has 64 slots in his inventory, DOES have the quest at the bankers, even though he has no stones to use.

Conclusion: There is some strange anomaly with my account data.
Question: Please fix it? If need be, just glue the 2 extra rows on my inventory and take my two Inventory Extension Stones.

Last remarks: Have a nice day!

Reply on 1st post, by Zakarie (abbreviated):

Please try the following steps to verify your game files:

First, shut down your PC, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on.

Start the game, click on the Verify button on the game launcher menu, click on Yes, and press confirm to let the game verify that your game client's files match the server-side versions of the files. It will also redownload any files that don't match. Kindly wait for it to complete as it will take some time.

After this process is done, try to get into the game again and see if the same issue occurs.

Also, please make sure that you have enough inventory space (at least 8 -10) and your quest log is not full (please make sure that you have at least 3-5 quests available).

2nd post:

I have done all that you requested. Verifying did eventually download some files, but it did not fix the problem.

What else can you or I do to fix this "bug"? I have plenty of quest space, and I don't need space in my inventory for this particular quest, just the item... But the quest isn't even an option for me, while my in-game husband gets it, even while he doesn't have the stones required... So I'm really puzzled here.

Regards,

Alerele Ahewenel

P.S.: You're probably busy with preps for the merger, so don't take on this bug report if you're in the way of that being processed...
P.S.2: Have a nice day, preferably stress free.

Reply on 2nd post, by Zakarie (abbreviated):

Unfortunately, as Customer Service Representatives/GMs, we do not have any influence over game decisions; however, we do forward feedback and suggestions quite often to the developers.

We also recommend posting this in our Quality Corner, as this would be a good topic to discuss with the Moderators and Quality Assurance team. Our Development Team and Community Teams check the forums often as well.

Bottom line

I have 64 slots currently, yet I'm unable to extend this to 80, even while I have the necessary Inventory Extension Stone items.

My account is freaking 7 years old... I don't know what I used to increase my inventory at the time. Might have been a super stone, might have been just extension stones... If I am made to use a super stone to upgrade, I'll be pissed, since I already bought the extensions I thought I'd needed. And I still don't see what difference it would make, since the single stones are more expensive than the super stones in the long run.

So my discussion point is this: Make anyone with 64 inventory slots able to extend it, regardless of what stone types they have used to get to 64 in the old days?

Heaven, and all my friends, know I need the flippin' space!

Regards,

Alerele Ahewenel, proud PWI player for 7 years and counting.

P.S.: Take regards of P.S. and P.S.2 from my 2nd post.

Comments

• baneof1000ad
    baneof1000ad Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    think need super invent stone increase it to 80 since properly already used 1 before to get 64 which kills quest at banker previous max amount
    you find quest for super invent stone at Inventory Master​​
  • techdawg
    techdawg Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I've found another component to this same issue, I have characters, level 100 and up, that cannot get the quest to expand inventory beyond 64 slots, where characters on the same account that are, for example, level 80, CAN get the quest from ANY banker to expand the inventory size beyond 64 slots.

I have checked on other accounts having characters both above and below the level 100 mark and the same issue seems to be true, that being if the character is 100 or up, the quest doesn't show, whereas if the character is below level 100, the quest DOES show, and their inventory can be expanded beyond the 64 slot mark, first 2 72 with 2 stones then to 80 with 3 more stones.

The one thing I have yet to try, although I intend to eventually, is to rebirth characters and see whether the quest then shows up to allow them to expand their inventory. Luckily for me, if this IS true, I will still be able to expand all the inventories I hope to, as those characters in question have at least one rebirth remaining. However it would also cement the fact that it is a level based error/glitch which seems completely random (in terms of meaning) to me.​​
    Signature_2.png