Returning some Questions

tolots
tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
Hello Pwi

I took a long break (feb 2012) from the game and a lot of things changed, so i would like to ask a few questions in hope someone is kind enough taking some time to answer them.

First question
Are DQ items are useful or worth anything anymore. The npc price is like 1 coin and i dont know if i should still pick them up or ignore them.

Second Question
I have 2 accounts and used to have them both online (Shop) wich was legal when i played. Is that still the case and is it possible to run 2 clients at the same time on the same pc in arc ? If yes, how ?

Last question
How are you everyone ? :D

It feels nice to be back and i look forward to rediscover pwi, only sad part HL got merged with a pve server but can't have everything.

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    First...
    DQ are pretty much worthless now thanks to the extremely heavy botting in China. You could to the DQ quests, but back when the items were worth something, that was usually worth much less than the effort.

Second...
    The multi-client rule is still the same. You need to lauch the client without using Arc. I have instructions for you to follow here.

Third....
    Still waking up. normal-21.gif​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    tolots wrote: »
    Hello Pwi

I took a long break (feb 2012) from the game and a lot of things changed, so i would like to ask a few questions in hope someone is kind enough taking some time to answer them.

First question
    Are DQ items are useful or worth anything anymore. The npc price is like 1 coin and i dont know if i should still pick them up or ignore them.

Second Question
    I have 2 accounts and used to have them both online (Shop) wich was legal when i played. Is that still the case and is it possible to run 2 clients at the same time on the same pc in arc ? If yes, how ?

Last question
    How are you everyone ? :D

It feels nice to be back and i look forward to rediscover pwi, only sad part HL got merged with a pve server but can't have everything.

Youve been gone for way to long. Unless you are going to spend about $5K in real money to improve your gears, you might not want to come back. Even then you will be behind with the primal skills, and avatar cards.

1.DQ items are useless. They were nerfed to 1 coin each. Mostly every drop has been nerfed. They got rid of the DQ rewards. We were told they were going to replace it, they never did. Drops outside of instances are not worth picking up.

-snip-

3. How is everyone? Well there were server mergers recently. All servers are now PVE. Harshlands was screwed by putting them into a EU server, killing all events for people that were affected by the 6 hours time difference. Server pings are higher now as well for a lot of people. For me, its 4x higher.

Dont "rediscover" this game. Leave now. Run as fast as you can. Nothing good can come from it. Find another game that isnt made by or has relationships with PWE.
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
    NGTUy53.png

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015

1. Ignore them
    2. Multi-client rule is still the same, you can have up to two clients running at once. You can still have one shop open while you are playing.
    3. dino2-22.gif. <---that's me atm.

If you are more on the casual end and are good at merchanting, then you will find this game still has a lot to offer. The servers did all become PVE but at least there are new faces to play with. If you are affected by the name change, see about getting a free name-change stone. If you are more into hardcore gaming/pvp then how much fun you have is going to be based around how good you are getting coin. Still though, depending on your toon and timezone, you can still enjoy a bit of nation wars once a week. It's once a week PVP event that lets you earn a bit of coin.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    No, don't ignore what he said, it is absolutely true. Unless you are from Europe, you're going to find the times abysmal.
    We got screwed royally. I essentially cannot do anything at all besides dailies anymore.
    CM, you can dispute me all you want but the only reason you or anyone else can do so from your high horse is because you were not affected.
    Put the shoe on the other foot and see how you'd feel. (please do not bother with the pathetic and incorrect example of EU players who played on US servers as that is completely not a valid comparison for numerous reasons)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2015
    geirskokul wrote: »
    No, don't ignore what he said, it is absolutely true. Unless you are from Europe, you're going to find the times abysmal.
    We got screwed royally. I essentially cannot do anything at all besides dailies anymore.
    CM, you can dispute me all you want but the only reason you or anyone else can do so from your high horse is because you were not affected.
    Put the shoe on the other foot and see how you'd feel. (please do not bother with the pathetic and incorrect example of EU players who played on US servers as that is completely not a valid comparison for numerous reasons)

If you look at number one on his list, he asked if he could ignore or pickup DQ items still. My vote on that is to ignore them. I wasn't making a comment about HL. BTW, I am not the CM. That's the community manager. We do not have one of those, and haven't for a while now. We have GMs that still come in and out, but not a singular, dedicated by job role person as the voice of the community at PWE's office. A mod is a player volunteer. As for the HL player in question here, if not a deal breaker to this particular player then I'm not going to go on about it. Because I don't want to derail the thread.

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User

1. Ignore them
    2. Multi-client rule is still the same, you can have up to two clients running at once. You can still have one shop open while you are playing.

If you are more on the casual end and are good at merchanting, then you will find this game still has a lot to offer. The servers did all become PVE but at least there are new faces to play with. If you are affected by the name change, see about getting a free name-change stone. If you are more into hardcore gaming/pvp then how much fun you have is going to be based around how good you are getting coin. Still though, depending on your toon and timezone, you can still enjoy a bit of nation wars once a week. It's once a week PVP event that lets you earn a bit of coin.

Really? Ignore what we said about the DQ? What is your reasoning behind that? DQ as they sit, are useless, unless you want the 1 coin. We were told that we would get a replacement, and we havent. Drops outside of instances are useless to pick up. Gear drops = nerfed. Potions = Not even worth a coin anymore. DQ = nerfed.

If I stated something wrong please inform me as to what. Or at least as a community representative, don't lie or hide the changes in the game.

@ tolots Don't listen to ovenusarmanio about the DQ issue and drops issue. Drop outside of instances are useless (even in some instances.)
    NGTUy53.png

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    foley3k wrote: »

1. Ignore them

Really? Ignore what we said about the DQ? What is your reasoning behind that? DQ as they sit, are useless, unless you want the 1 coin. We were told that we would get a replacement, and we havent. Drops outside of instances are useless to pick up. Gear drops = nerfed. Potions = Not even worth a coin anymore. DQ = nerfed.

If I stated something wrong please inform me as to what. Or at least as a community representative, don't lie or hide the changes in the game.

@ tolots Don't listen to ovenusarmanio about the DQ issue and drops issue. Drop outside of instances are useless (even in some instances.)

People are still given a **** about DQ?
    They are already dead, buried and commemoreted so give it up
    giphy.gif

• ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2015
    foley3k wrote: »

1. Ignore them

Please don't put words in my mouth, I didn't say to ignore a single person here. If that's what I meant, I would've come out and said it.

As I already explained, I was responding directly to the OP's numbered list. First question was should I still pickup DQ or should I ignore them? And I said, ignore them. I even put it in numbered format, just as his questions were numbered.

What purpose could I have to lie about a DQ price? It's obviously just 1 coin. What would I gain from him picking up DQ items? Even if I did know something and was trying to hide some secret get rich scheme from picking up DQ (lol, like that wouldn't be found out within 2 seconds of the game updating), why would I then come out and say it here?

And I'm a player, first and foremost. I don't know secret changes to game. I don't work for PWE.

• tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for all the advice and for the warning.

At first i must say im from the EU and the new Event times benefit me. In fact they are the only reason i was reinstalling the game. I played on Harshlands since 2009 and i know exactly how it feels to have ungodly bad event times. The whole reason i (rage) quitted pwi once was the introdution on Nation war and the horrible horrible time for Eu players to participate. Whos gonna give up 4 yrs of time and money put in a server to switch to Eu ? Pwi never moved an inch to find a solution or allow server transfer so i can feel and empatize with all us player who must deal with this situation now.

After a few weeks the long missed feeling is back and i have a blast playing pwi. Its so true im behind on gear, skills, cards, meditation, new cultivation and everything with no hope to catch up in a fast way. Someone cleaved me away in one hit on my 11k hp cleric while cleaning a mob group :d I guess pvp is death for me aswell wich is sad but i started once casual and went pvp waaaay later. I think i will do the same again.

I havn't found any daily quest that give coins it feels like 99% of all coins come from tokens these days. I hope im wrong, however my shop is very busy but i have no idea how to survive without a catshop now.

Edit : Any way to get automated avatar pictures like in the old forums again with current level/class or do i have to manually upload an custom avatar `?