Yes it's a rant.

reaperarm1
reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Dawnglory (EU)
As I logged in today after getting home from work excited to see increased activity and more people to play with I face the harsh reality of the Harshlands+Morai merge. There really is'nt anyone on besides HL people. The reason being that most of the morai players are in bed at the moment... So I get the joys of increased lag in west due to the huge amount of cat shops, increased ping due to server distance from my home, missing events due to time zone differences but no increase in players to play with...Harshlands was royally screwed in this, the other servers get to enjoy increased activity and more people to squad with while HL players get squat. I was excited for a merge because I was thinking "Hey finally there will be more than a handful of squads every day for fsp,ws,bh and other squad instances". Nope, whole lotta nope there. Just a whole lot of cons and no pros to make them worth it.

In summary I see no advantages in the morai+HL merge for either server really. I think it's time after 6 years of pwi I pack my bags and say farewell. It's been fun with a lot of ups and downs. I'm sure nobody cares that i'm quitting but that matters not to me I just wanted to voice my opinion on the merge on my way out.​​
Post edited by ovenusarmanio on

Comments

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Now I'm all for getting HL players off that server...and someone can tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't that server still being hosted by PWE in the US or is the server actually based in Europe.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • reaperarm1
    Now I'm all for getting HL players off that server...and someone can tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't that server still being hosted by PWE in the US or is the server actually based in Europe.

It's based in Europe.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Nah! I just fought foreverSins a few minutes ago xDD we had soooo much friggin PvP all day long, it was absolutely awesome. Now..whenever I log in I always have some ppl to fight with <3 FFS thats the best. thing. ever. For me that is. Ya, some HL players are also on during the day (in european time from like 1pm to 10pm) so its kinda hard being on then and being on now. xDD But we'll figure. most Euro people get on like around that time now, so dw :D
  • reaperarm1
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Nah! I just fought foreverSins a few minutes ago xDD we had soooo much friggin PvP all day long, it was absolutely awesome. Now..whenever I log in I always have some ppl to fight with <3 FFS thats the best. thing. ever. For me that is. Ya, some HL players are also on during the day (in european time from like 1pm to 10pm) so its kinda hard being on then and being on now. xDD But we'll figure. most Euro people get on like around that time now, so dw :D

I'm glad it worked out great for some people but there's alot of us that it did'nt.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    reaperarm1 wrote: »
    jsxshadow wrote: »

I'm glad it worked out great for some people but there's alot of us that it did'nt.

That really sucks mate...I know...but at least you didnt lose on the people to play with xD hope the ping is ok-ish at least? Hope ya wont leave us..but if so then I wish you the best of luck for w/e may come :D
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    I'm in the same situation. Unless events are replicated / repeated or something done. Then 80% of the events we used to have fun with instantly don't exist which really isn't fair egg-3.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Not entirely sure why alot of people are complaining about the ping. Yeah, its hella laggy in West(OMG LOSE SOME CATS. MOVE THEM TO SOUTH AND EAST), but thats about it. I suggest move some cats to south and East archo(setting my catshop up in a week or two in east).
    About the pvp, I was on from 10pm EST to 10:30pm EST and there was a hell of alot of pvp. Apparently I missed the big pvp earlier then that(damn) but I was still able to find alot of pvp.
    Couple problems for me though:
    Due to one of my chars(my more enjoyable char) being g16, I was kinda interested in fighting people my gear or around my gear.(g16(t3 nirvy) or rrr9+5max) I didnt see alot of these types of people. Honestly, I wasnt really expecting to, seeing as I play on the EB server as well and not many g16s around, but there seemed to be noone from the Morai server in that gear. Are these people just staying out due to the mass rrr9+12 pvps atm or do the g16(t3 nirvy) people from morai just not pvp?
    My only other problem is times, but its problem just a matter of time(lol) that i get used to it.

<333
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    lag is beyound playable 1800-20k ping took over an hour just do check ins.Hit metal mage mode 45 sec between time i hit button and it finally swapped noway can pvp.after 6 years 3 am and 9am tw times makes it close impossible most people in my guild.
    I dont want quit nor start all over but unsure unless lag issues get better if can cont.
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Not entirely sure why alot of people are complaining about the ping. Yeah, its hella laggy in West(OMG LOSE SOME CATS. MOVE THEM TO SOUTH AND EAST), but thats about it. I suggest move some cats to south and East archo(setting my catshop up in a week or two in east).
    About the pvp, I was on from 10pm EST to 10:30pm EST and there was a hell of alot of pvp. Apparently I missed the big pvp earlier then that(damn) but I was still able to find alot of pvp.
    Couple problems for me though:
    Due to one of my chars(my more enjoyable char) being g16, I was kinda interested in fighting people my gear or around my gear.(g16(t3 nirvy) or rrr9+5max) I didnt see alot of these types of people. Honestly, I wasnt really expecting to, seeing as I play on the EB server as well and not many g16s around, but there seemed to be noone from the Morai server in that gear. Are these people just staying out due to the mass rrr9+12 pvps atm or do the g16(t3 nirvy) people from morai just not pvp?
    My only other problem is times, but its problem just a matter of time(lol) that i get used to it.

<333

My ping is 4x what it was before server merge. No matter where I am on map, and no matter what instance I am in. I would say on average the ping is 4-5 times higher then it was.

And fighting people in your gear range. Well welcome to a PVE server. Most only the highly geared people are PvPing. Most the lower geared people dont want to get slaughtered so they stay blue named.

Yay for PVE server.

NGTUy53.png

• geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    Overall, I'm disliking this whole move. The times don't work worth a damn for me and I'm having trouble keeping interest in playing. I had a nice routine set up for doing all my normal dailies and can't seem to get back in my groove yet. I'd bail from this server in a second if I could transfer.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'd bring my Faction back to the USA if the opportunity presented itself.
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    tek1nig wrote: »
    I'd bring my Faction back to the USA if the opportunity presented itself.

Forget that man, European chicks have hairy arm pits. That is sexy as hell.

Post edited by sylenthunder on
    NGTUy53.png

• autumnr4in85
    autumnr4in85 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    foley3k wrote: »

Forget that man, European chicks have hairy arm pits. That is sexy as hell.

If that's what you're expecting, you'll be disappointed.

Not that I mind hairy arm pits or arm pits in general. Each to their own.