Server Merge with RT and DW

darkspyro07
darkspyro07 Posts: 3 Arc User
Hello DW community. I was wondering about your thoughts on the merge with RT. I'll just throw this out there, but I'm guessing there's going to be a bit of a server rivalry for a little while, but hopefully things will balance out (at some point). I'm mostly interested how TW is going to play out with Tempest, QQme, and Vicious (sorry if I'm forgetting any other OP faction on DW). What are your thoughts?

Comments

• whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    I can't wait to merge with you guys :)
    Peace N Love
    The only GOP
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    tiger-18.gif my thoughts are that TW will now entirely be just for entitled MUH OP FACTION factions, where smaller factions will have no chance whatsoever at all anymore after a few weeks of TW

Regardless of what happens, it pretty much boils down to, same old ****, just more of it.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• de4thproof
    de4thproof Posts: 9 Arc User
    I think the server merge is a great thing for PWI, should make for some better TWs and NWs soon, and also grow the server population nicely. I hope there's not gonna be too much of that server rivalry thing going on, because in the end we are all going to be One server, instead of having that RT vs DW mentality.

Overall im looking forward to meeting some new people, and having some better PK/PvE in the game :)
    DeathProof
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • vitocorleone
    vitocorleone Posts: 15 Arc User
    Cannot wait for the server merge and it will be fun having more players running around and doing dailies.
    Hopefully factions like EQ, Evolve, Kindrid, BootyCamp and Skunkyard gets more members so that players have more of a choice of where to go rather than choose from the strongest or the second strongest faction.
    And also the new factions coming over, will be a good change.
    Only time will tell, how all this will turn out.
    BigCojones
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Glad they finally worked it out, a merge is what the servers sorely needed.

TW-wise should shake things up and make it more interesting again, new rivals are always good. Agreed with BigCojones hopefully the smaller TW factions don't lose out and are able to recruit well both from DW folk and RT folk.

I think we can't avoid the RT-DW server rivalry initially, and it could be fun for a while, though I hope we will all integrate and become one community down the road.

I'm looking forward to new challenges in TWs vs QQme and Vicious, making new friends, and NW's will be really fun going up against unknowns.

Hopefully the merge goes smoothly and see you guys on the other side.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • ward1987
    ward1987 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Of all the flavors we could choose to be during this merge... we choose to be salty? Nothing ever changes for DW.

We have discussed in length how this game needs a bigger affluence of active accounts. The merge is a great opportunity for everyone to become a powerhouse. I would not write off any smaller faction than the big 4 (QQme, Vicious, Dynasty, Tempest). The healthy move of players will make or break factions in the rest of the year.

I'm proud to see Tempest officers and RT members in this thread welcoming change and challenge but mostly opening the floor. Sure we could have a DW/RT rivalry. It's in the script... It may very well just be a let's all gank QQme, Vicious, Tempest, Dynasty mentality. It may also be the death of one of those factions and the migration of those players to either of those 3 or to another faction and the birth of a new powerhouse. We've seen it before right? For now the fun will be in NW where we will see who's really up there and who's not player and squad wise.
    Post edited by ward1987 on
    -Andres
    Tempest
  • columrt
    columrt Posts: 15 Arc User
    Can't wait to meet new DW friends!!! ​​
    103/103/101 Demon Strength Barbarian and the army of alts I'm too lazy to list now.
  • sakulv
    sakulv Posts: 28 Arc User
    Cant wait for new ppl and new friends :wink:
    Cant wait for new events :blush: and at last with hope more active NW

I hope that smaller TW factions will be able to have fun in 3 month TW season too
    Cant wait to do TW with QQme and Vicious , should be so much fun ;)

dynavenosbychibizzz2_zps02ce33d3.png

• truebinx
    truebinx Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can't wait, looking forward to active NW again. Chomping at the bit though to try out cross server pvp. That's gonna be epic. ~ CreamDrinker
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    f5u5ldX.jpgWhere are you guys leaving your toons in it's final time on DW?​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • swordmaster757
    swordmaster757 Posts: 11 Arc User
    f5u5ldX.jpgWhere are you guys leaving your toons in it's final time on DW?​​

Ironically enough, I left mines in Dreamweaver Port too...where I normally leave her. (I'd post a picture, but I can't figure out how on this forum yet.)
    ~SerenityCNB~

May you all live long and prosper.

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    f5u5ldX.jpgWhere are you guys leaving your toons in it's final time on DW?

Ironically enough, I left mines in Dreamweaver Port too...where I normally leave her. (I'd post a picture, but I can't figure out how on this forum yet.)

I left mine there deliberately for that picture, lol. I wanted to leave her in Dreamweaver, facing the water where the tide would come in. I am a giant bucket of cheese, and I make no apologies for that. LOL. I dunno, I mostly play on HT now (RIP as well) but DW will always be the first MMO server I've ever truly played on for any considerable length of time. :)​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • swordmaster757
    swordmaster757 Posts: 11 Arc User
    f5u5ldX.jpgWhere are you guys leaving your toons in it's final time on DW?

I left mine there deliberately for that picture, lol. I wanted to leave her in Dreamweaver, facing the water where the tide would come in. I am a giant bucket of cheese, and I make no apologies for that. LOL. I dunno, I mostly play on HT now (RIP as well) but DW will always be the first MMO server I've ever truly played on for any considerable length of time. :)​​

LOL. I see what you did there.

Dreamweaver getting flooded by the tide swell. Good job with the picture usage. Well played. Lol.

And yeah, I just left her there because it was not many people go around Dreamweaver Port and it's close to things. I was originally going to put her deep in Lothloris, but changed my mind. LOL.
    ~SerenityCNB~

May you all live long and prosper.

• bozilla423
    bozilla423 Posts: 1 Arc User
    love it, i have toons on both anyway so see u after it merges!
  • dafne2010
    dafne2010 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am from Vicious RT and really happy with this merge and with DW ppl, I met some of you that are super friendly and great pvp players I am looking fordward to have more fun and making many new friends . <3
  • sindarella
    sindarella Posts: 66 Arc User
    the merge was great for PK!
    can't wait to see the top factions compete in tw after the merge normal-26.gif
  • rayniegannon
    rayniegannon Posts: 4 Arc User
    Since I'm retired for the most part, I've heard about the merge through the grapevine, so to speak. They could've thought of a better name, for real. I mean...I used to call Dreamweaver Dramaweaver. How the hell can I twist that into Tideswell?

Dreamweaver was my home for years. It's where I met many of my closest friends, and where I met my husband. Dreamweaver, essentially, was directly responsible for the conception of my daughter. I'm gonna miss it.
    (Maybe) Immortalized as Destini-Dreamweaver, aka Ivy_
  • turika
    turika Posts: 38 Arc User
    Wait.
    So DW and RT are merging?....
    I'm gonna say i will miss DW, as it was/ is the server i played on the most and i love the most <3

The TW's are going to be interesting. I always watch the TW outcomes, and i think the big factions in DW will now have more competition.
    Well, lets see.
    Name: Tazzie
    Class/ Server:
    Main:
    DW: Solo Seeker - lvl 50/ 97 - Tazziex ?|SB - Heita lvl 41(?)
    Other:
    Arch: Mage - lvl 95 - Lilav|SB - lvl ? - Narvida |RT: ? (forgot)

Guid(s): Heita: Oblivion ( might be kicked)
    Servers - Main: DW - Other: Arch, RT

On my own, livin' in a world unknowen, but yet, its just my imagenation
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    turika wrote: »
    Wait.
    So DW and RT are merging?....
    I'm gonna say i will miss DW, as it was/ is the server i played on the most and i love the most <3

The TW's are going to be interesting. I always watch the TW outcomes, and i think the big factions in DW will now have more competition.
    Well, lets see.

Where have you been the last few weeks? Merge already happened and it's the same old stuff but with slightly more people.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.