Primal Skills for Stormbringers

aburiidah
aburiidah Posts: 23 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Stormbringer
Does anyone know if the primal skills for Stormbringers have been translated yet from PWCN?
Post edited by aburiidah on

Comments

• Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone knows if they released them in China? I'm already 93 level and I'm waiting for primal skills to choose sage or demon...

(is there any video of our morai skills in youtube, i tried to search but I came empty)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There aren't any yet and I honestly wouldn't expect CN to make them anytime soon considering they probably got everything right the first time and don't really need skill updates like the older classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not certain. After playing my new class for a while I can think of a few amendments to the skill tree that would make those extra 4 to 5 skills which I am not using a bit more effective.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No matter what class there will always be at least a couple skills you don't use as much, there's only so many skills you can use to fill cooldowns and only so many different situations one can find oneself in that demand radically different playstyles. Once we get sage and demon skills I think a lot of the skills that are less useful will gain value again.

Personally, with the exception of Thundersnow, Call Lightning, and Moonblade I use all of my skills either frequently in PVE or would use them frequently in PVP. Sage Moonblade will be a very useful skill because of the damage proc on it.

Honestly I can't really comment on the usefulness of Thundersnow/Call Lightning, I'm just kind of wary of DoTs. Someone else might be better able to comment on whether they're worth using.

Having said all of that though, stormbringers are already set up to be melee killers. As it stands they really don't need a skill boost (beyond actually getting our *!@#ing sage/demon skills). Primal skills are voluntary upgrades you actually need to do work to get, so unless they improved on the stormbringer's already OP skill set no one will get them. If they implement primal skills, they'll either make the already-op skillset stormbringers have beyond OP or do nothing useful and be neglected.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm wondering why Searing Moonlight has the interval of damage in green. If it's static, that's usually stuck in white text; even if one of the celestial paths amends it. They usually only put green text when the value is going to shift in a way that affects both celestial paths.

I tried -chan and -int to see if that would change the value at all, since leveling skills didn't seem to affect a few of them (I believe Devouring darkness and maybe some others have the same issue). But none of those things had any kind of effect.

So that's why I'm thinking there is either going to be primal skills, or some kind of upgrade system for those skills with green text that never changed while leveling them to max. Similar to barb and veno forms possibly.

Should be worth some attention when they finally bring the demon/sage/culti skills over to our version, if they stay in green text or not. Though if Primals come at the same time, that particular question is going to be answered at the same time.
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I'm not mistaken, the same happens for SoR, though I can't really check cause the game is down right now.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • aburiidah
    aburiidah Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can someone kindly provide full description of SB primal skills which is out in PWCN now I believe.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had them mostly figured out but they might got overlooked in the update thread. Gonna post them here later.

Edit: there it is:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22419661&postcount=90
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had them mostly figured out but they might got overlooked in the update thread. Gonna post them here later.

Edit: there it is:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22419661&postcount=90

If it only removes the penalty, doesn't that just mean Lunar Sacrifice will give nothing to the caster? It didn't give the buff to them in the first place, so removing the debuff should change that. Otherwise, that'd be freaking sweet.

The Searing Moonlight one, maybe that's soulforce level. So if it reaches max effect, it then starts dealing damage based on the SB's soulforce. I'm guessing that, because they need to give SBs some soulforce ability to incentivize +12 refining. So 3% of soulforce added on to the regular damage applied.

Thundersnow I'm guessing 60% base magic +100% weapon damage + 3377 metal damage + 100% base magic over 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times and is of mixed water and metal damage.

So they weakened the base cast base magic from 80% to 60%, 10% weapon and 200 or so more bonus damage, and then ramped up the actual DoT from 20% to 100% to make it more useful for something besides triggering with Call Lightning. So we can have up to 500% base magic as a constant DoT running on a target; that's a hell of a boost.

EDIT: Damn, gonna be a bunch of edits on that thundersnow one. Think the 100% I put was wrong, still seems 20% and just missed that at the bottom. But it looks like the bonus damage for the DoT was converted into Department of Injury for 100%, with better triggering off of "frost mine". And the 20% comes after the triggering. So maybe it will stack and Call Lightning bursts the initial 100%, which then starts into the DoT damage? So possibly you can stack the DoI effect up to 5 times, like a clerics Aurora status thing, and trigger it for a major bonus spike all at once. And then after, it deals 20% per stack?
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    Is there any newer news on these skills? They broke the link when they broke the forums obviously. I have 50 bloods and wonder if there has been any updated info. Last I heard, Moonblade changes to always proc its lv11 effect in reaper form which if true is the obviously first choice to learn.

I'm also curious about the replacement skill for Snow/Nimbus. The cooldown mostly because if I can't use it as frequently as the separate skills it had better be more powerful. Last I heard there was confusion over the primal searing moonlight and thundersnow which was never resolved.

Other than more uptime for lunar shadow and making lunar sacrifice not gimp you (which I have never used except to dance) I think those are all the skill changes?
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Just be sure to have 220 primordial bloods and you can get them all first day. (DB needs 250 bloods).
  • airisjen
    airisjen Posts: 4 Arc User
    Would it be possible for someone to relink the link to primal skills so that it doesnt reload to arc catagories window or is there a way i can see it without it reloading ?