EtherBlade Server

Comments

• pwizz23
    pwizz23 Posts: 16 Arc User
    pwizz23 wrote: »
    FSP:
    Arch people apparently can't handle axes on random. Takes skill to be able to do axes on random.

For EoO...
    HT sells the EoO to whatever catshop is buying for the highest and splits coins. Every one gets a share in coin equally. Squad starts on free, stays on free the whole run, and lead splits emblems at the end.
    Arch lets it go randomly to one person. Hope your luck is good, otherwise you're doing a whole run for nothing. Lots of nothing.

Wrong. You dont do the run for nothing. You do the run for badges and molds and emblems.
    I dont want to waste my time waiting till someone finds the catshop that buy it for the highest price.
    I give a **** about 500k I may get it. For me its either the EOO or nothing.
    Nice to see your opinion. HT squads also will usually offer to squad to have first choice to buy the EoO. I'm not leaving my profit to chance. You want some one to farm your EoO for you? Ask your friends then.
    For a lot of others though, WS is profit. You want to merch the EoO? Go ahead. But there is no way I'm defending for free, because that's what I see random as.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    FSP:
    Arch people apparently can't handle axes on random. Takes skill to be able to do axes on random.

For EoO...
    HT sells the EoO to whatever catshop is buying for the highest and splits coins. Every one gets a share in coin equally. Squad starts on free, stays on free the whole run, and lead splits emblems at the end.
    Arch lets it go randomly to one person. Hope your luck is good, otherwise you're doing a whole run for nothing. Lots of nothing.

Wrong. You dont do the run for nothing. You do the run for badges and molds and emblems.
    I dont want to waste my time waiting till someone finds the catshop that buy it for the highest price.
    I give a **** about 500k I may get it. For me its either the EOO or nothing.
    Nice to see your opinion. HT squads also will usually offer to squad to have first choice to buy the EoO. I'm not leaving my profit to chance. You want some one to farm your EoO for you? Ask your friends then.
    For a lot of others though, WS is profit. You want to merch the EoO? Go ahead. But there is no way I'm defending for free, because that's what I see random as.

Nobody is farming the EOO for me since is random all got equal chances to get it.
    It seems that you dont know how to make profit from Warsong. I hope it doesnt aply to all HT players.
    People dont make profit spliting the EOO. Those 500k means nothing. And I can get them in 5 minutes just doing Jolly quests on one of my toons.
    The ways people making profit from Warsongs are: do multiple runs, get alot of badges and molds, make G16 weapons and armors and sell them.
    Or get badges , molds and sell crafting service.
    You dont defend for free since you get molds( if yu need them) badges and emblems.
    giphy.gif

• silvasunrise
    silvasunrise Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It seems that you dont know how to make profit from Warsong. I hope it doesnt aply to all HT players.
    Okay, that's ridiculous.

This kind of thinking is just juvenile. Of course nothing you say applies to "all" HT players. Of course nothing we say applies to all Arch players either. That kind of prejudice is no different from any other. I see someone throwing a negative generalisation at an entire group of people, most of whom they don't even know.

Also, you really don't seem to understand why many in HT enjoy ALL kinds of profit from Warsong, in a stable and reliable manner. Yeah, some merchants might make some extra coin from EoO being dropped on their cats regularly as middlemen, but because that was the norm in HT, they had to compete for the best deal because EoOs got sold so frequently to those cats, meaning the profiteering was reduced. Getting zero coins at the end of a warsong versus selling EoO to someone in squad who needs it is a huge difference. It's also worth noting that you can't call 500k nothing then turn around and say a similar amount made by a merchant is a big deal. It's either nothing or it's something, you can't have it both ways.

Ex-HT players do Warsong and FSP differently than ex-Arch players. There is no right and wrong here, but there are obviously social norms that people have built up some kind of ridiculous preconeptions about. You also can't just "compromise" in FSP like someone in thread said we might, and say, "Let's do it on Free till toad's done then Random from there" because most HT people (and probably Arch people who understand the point) don't want whatever melee toon happens to be nearest the boss when Demon Twin Strike drops to get the 200m book by default.

You can't say "switch to random after it drops" either, unless you trust all 10 people in your squad (if you do, I think you might want a reality check, scammers exist and thrive in any server this large with GM support against honourless behaviour so desperately low).

Some people will just laugh at you and take the book, say "Haha it's just a game dude, you lose I win, I have 200m cause you didn't set it to Random, you suck" and they'll go run with whatever faction they're in that keeps their OP toon in fac to protect them in PK/TW. It's only a matter of time until this happens to an Arch squad if people continue to run in Free mode with HT people in squad. Sure, you can PK them. In blue name - super dangerous to their health! They will keep the 200m. PK won't mean jack. All because you were too afraid to let your squad learn how to throw an axe at the blue shield. This totally takes a PhD to do, trust me it does.

I run FSP squads nightly on Etherblade, and for now I'll be WCing mainly for HT-only players because unlike the traditional ex-Arch player FSP runners I do care about who in squad snatches 200m without random chance making it fair. (Who exactly taught you to all do FSP in the same mode anyway, I have to wonder? HT players do occasionally use Free mode but I see less flexibility from Arch players so far.) If Arch players want to bend to that run style, they're welcome - if they can throw the axe.

What seems clear from this thread and the vomit-worthy behaviour we've seen in WC constantly since the merge is that conventions will not die easily and most likely people will just stick to their own run types and only include some or none of those from the server that merged with theirs.

Side note: PWE, you won't read this but I'll say it anyway: fix the faction logos from HT for goodness' sake, or at least have the decency to fix your own damn icon upload web page instead of asking us to send 5000 more tickets you won't read. (SylenThunder already informed us that page is down in another thread.)
    ~Sylvaliana
    Leader of Borealis, Etherblade server.
  • bloodedone87
    Okay, that's ridiculous.

This kind of thinking is just juvenile. Of course nothing you say applies to "all" HT players. Of course nothing we say applies to all Arch players either. That kind of prejudice is no different from any other. I see someone throwing a negative generalisation at an entire group of people, most of whom they don't even know.

Also, you really don't seem to understand why many in HT enjoy ALL kinds of profit from Warsong, in a stable and reliable manner. Yeah, some merchants might make some extra coin from EoO being dropped on their cats regularly as middlemen, but because that was the norm in HT, they had to compete for the best deal because EoOs got sold so frequently to those cats, meaning the profiteering was reduced. Getting zero coins at the end of a warsong versus selling EoO to someone in squad who needs it is a huge difference. It's also worth noting that you can't call 500k nothing then turn around and say a similar amount made by a merchant is a big deal. It's either nothing or it's something, you can't have it both ways.

Ex-HT players do Warsong and FSP differently than ex-Arch players. There is no right and wrong here, but there are obviously social norms that people have built up some kind of ridiculous preconeptions about. You also can't just "compromise" in FSP like someone in thread said we might, and say, "Let's do it on Free till toad's done then Random from there" because most HT people (and probably Arch people who understand the point) don't want whatever melee toon happens to be nearest the boss when Demon Twin Strike drops to get the 200m book by default.

You can't say "switch to random after it drops" either, unless you trust all 10 people in your squad (if you do, I think you might want a reality check, scammers exist and thrive in any server this large with GM support against honourless behaviour so desperately low).

Some people will just laugh at you and take the book, say "Haha it's just a game dude, you lose I win, I have 200m cause you didn't set it to Random, you suck" and they'll go run with whatever faction they're in that keeps their OP toon in fac to protect them in PK/TW. It's only a matter of time until this happens to an Arch squad if people continue to run in Free mode with HT people in squad. Sure, you can PK them. In blue name - super dangerous to their health! They will keep the 200m. PK won't mean jack. All because you were too afraid to let your squad learn how to throw an axe at the blue shield. This totally takes a PhD to do, trust me it does.

I run FSP squads nightly on Etherblade, and for now I'll be WCing mainly for HT-only players because unlike the traditional ex-Arch player FSP runners I do care about who in squad snatches 200m without random chance making it fair. (Who exactly taught you to all do FSP in the same mode anyway, I have to wonder? HT players do occasionally use Free mode but I see less flexibility from Arch players so far.) If Arch players want to bend to that run style, they're welcome - if they can throw the axe.

What seems clear from this thread and the vomit-worthy behaviour we've seen in WC constantly since the merge is that conventions will not die easily and most likely people will just stick to their own run types and only include some or none of those from the server that merged with theirs.

Side note: PWE, you won't read this but I'll say it anyway: fix the faction logos from HT for goodness' sake, or at least have the decency to fix your own damn icon upload web page instead of asking us to send 5000 more tickets you won't read. (SylenThunder already informed us that page is down in another thread.)

Is that what HT players do? Thats why you decided to go random FSP from start? You are afraid that someone will take the book and run away? I guess so much thiefs you had on your server.
    True there were people in Arch server that stole a book from free FSP and run with it but that was very rare. We like to trust the others . Seems that HT players dont. Maybe you had more thiefs than we did.
    Free FSP squad means that only the leader picks the book and the page drops and at the end of the run he kicks everyone , set squad on random and invite them back. Than drops the book. wait untill it stops glowing and someone pick it and it goes in the luckiest one inventory.
    If HT players want to play this way so be it but soon they will have to run with only people from former HT server.

FSP on free and to have only a person to do axes is better in my humble opinion.
    This way that person will only concentrate on axes and the rest can concentrate in DD . tank in tanking, cleric in healing and purifing.
    Plus on random you can get people that are dual client in FSP so usually the have one toon just standing there folowing so good luck when that toon will get axes. I have been once with a person that was with a cleric and a BM and at Toad he set the cleric on macro to heal the tank. He wasnt purifing , only DD with the BM. I didnt thought to save sparks and I've been 1 shot by the Dot Toads puts random on players so I had to run back. Now I can imagine spending alot of time there if the squad was on random and that cleric guy would have get the axes.

giphy.gif

• celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    PWI is magic! who else could combine 2 servers and get 6 times the lag and DC's? Not to mention 4 times the world chat idiots. And hold on tight - the worst of HT wc spammers haven't even shown up yet. Maybe they're looking for new material, gosh knows they need some. More likely they're just pouting. Sincere apologies in advance.

The rest is so easy, just state the type of distribution for your squad when you addy and take 20 seconds before you start to discuss anything else. Who cares if you call it Snake or Metal, c'mon - you know what they mean. Use your 'inside voice' and miracles will occur. Unless of course you're experiencing a 16,612 ping like I did yesterday. Currently I can't even log in.

I had the pleasure of squading with a couple of Arch players, and they were absolutely great. Pro's don't spend energy arguing over nothing, they put that energy into focusing on a successful run. There are some great players in this game, you just usually don't see them in wc unless they're forming a squad or some other practical matter.

If you want to blow off steam, please do so by telling PWI that the extreme lag, DC's, etc. are an epic fail. We kind of all need to stick together on this.

• mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    If you want to blow off steam, please do so by telling PWI that the extreme lag, DC's, etc. are an epic fail. We kind of all need to stick together on this.
    ive had no lag or dc problems since the merge

wc i agree has gone insane though
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Haven't had much of an issue with the new HT people.
    Only in one fsp, where only 2 people were former HT and the squad was set on free, one of them simply took half the pages and started an argument how the squad needs to be random for fsp (of course she kept the pages for herself in that spirit of giving). onion-14.gif
    But yeah, this was the only weird thing, former HT people argue that random fsp for pages is fair but random EoO is unfair, it seams really funny to me. onion-51.gif
    Other then that, of course world chat is a big issue, people are still arguing over petty stuff and we have an increased number of trolls screaming and spamming nonsense.
    Oh, and the god-awful lag that is making me crash if I set foot anywhere near west or south arch. onion-4.gif
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    cococya wrote: »

But yeah, this was the only weird thing, former HT people argue that random fsp for pages is fair but random EoO is unfair, it seams really funny to me. onion-51.gif

Simple really. Pages are a common drop that aren't worth much and that many people they're used to don't care about. Thus random for it is fine like how very few people cared about gear drops/potions/DQs before running stuff in BHs so those were on random.

EoO, on the other hand, actually has some decent value both as a sold item and for personal benefit with rerolling/making G16 and R9 third cast stuff. So having THAT get split by the squad (or have a member in squad take it and drop coin value) is sensible.

Same way old randoms would treat TT gold mats back when the instance was still relevant and frequently run by everyone.
    ​​
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • cococya
    opkossy wrote: »

Simple really. Pages are a common drop that aren't worth much and that many people they're used to don't care about. Thus random for it is fine like how very few people cared about gear drops/potions/DQs before running stuff in BHs so those were on random.

EoO, on the other hand, actually has some decent value both as a sold item and for personal benefit with rerolling/making G16 and R9 third cast stuff. So having THAT get split by the squad (or have a member in squad take it and drop coin value) is sensible.

Same way old randoms would treat TT gold mats back when the instance was still relevant and frequently run by everyone.

I don't know, kossy, getting some money for the EoO leaves me cold, I either get it so I can use it or I don't. When a gold mat drops in bh tt, it also goes random nowadays.
    I guess it's personal choice, but the small coin amount you'd get by splitting the EoO and the time invested into the run doesn't cut it. You can get that money faster doing something else, if that's why you're running Warsong for.
    It's such a great joy to get the EoO on random, though, you really get a good extra that makes you feel good rather than 'oh, here's 400k'.
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • opkossy

I don't know, kossy, getting some money for the EoO leaves me cold, I either get it so I can use it or I don't. When a gold mat drops in bh tt, it also goes random nowadays.
    I guess it's personal choice, but the small coin amount you'd get by splitting the EoO and the time invested into the run doesn't cut it. You can get that money faster doing something else, if that's why you're running Warsong for.
    It's such a great joy to get the EoO on random, though, you really get a good extra that makes you feel good rather than 'oh, here's 400k'.
    The fact TT is usually solo'd now and the markets are typically very saturated are why I mentioned the time frame of when TT was actually relevant. Back then, while greens could be split amongst members based on whatever, golds were generally sold and the cash was split evenly between the squad unless someone in squad bought the gold right there or it was something like a faction run.

As for the all-or-nothing thing... well that's a difference in server and player mentality. If you're only doing one or two runs, then yeah it'll make your day to get the EoO and you can use/sell it as you see fit. If, on the other hand, someone's spamming warsong... they're guaranteed to get enough coin from the split method to buy the EoO from their squad. Which eliminates the luck factor and makes getting what you need much more reliable. On top of that, those running Warsong for a profit will tend to prefer having the coin be split so they haven't wasted their time and have a guarantee compared to someone doing it for the sake of farming, who would rather get the EoO directly so they can use it since they're already getting badges/molds/genie stuff from the run itself.

If EoO value had dropped like page value has, HT would likely have the same mentality about them. When pages were a valuable item from CoA, for example, they would get split amongst squad members in the same manner as EoO currently are. Now that pages aren't worth anything, they're on random and nobody really cares much.

tl;dr: It's about relative value and what the group running the instance is looking for that made them choose what items go on random vs free.
    ​​
  • cococya
    I will stand by what I said; moreover, the same thing can be applied to other instances in the game that can provide income.
    As I said before and you've reiterated as well, I agree that the server mentality is very different and because of it we'll never reach an agreement on this.
    I will say this, I ran mobless warsong for 5-6 hours straight for weeks and no one ever complained about the EoO being random or would even suggest it be sold and split; Ifeel, likewise, HT squads ran their spawn warsong and wouldn't dream of not splitting the EoO value among them. What's left is for the squads from now on to come to a sort of agreement before hand, everyone needs to adapt.
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The only reason I agree with splitting on the EoO in WS is because 90% of the time when I run WS, it is because I need an EoO and those squads will let me buy it. If I go based on luck alone I'd probably have to run 10+ runs to get one EoO (based on my past luck with drops). So otherwise I am left buying them from one of those merchants, and if nobody sold to the shops I'd just never have the EoO at all. The merchants keep the prices semi-reasonable since they are competing, as compared to the catshops in Arch which are often priced outrageously.

If there were more ways of getting an EoO I wouldn't care. But that does tend to be what I need out of a run.

That said, I still don't see this as an issue. Just advertise what your squad will be doing so people know ahead of time.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • yoproski
    yoproski Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    How's the server going?

Amazing. Look at this thread. Angst = people care.

Better to care, and talk about the game again, than not.

Sure as hell beats the mundane apathy we were used to.

As for PVE, lol. The PVP is infinitely better. It's reminiscent of earlier days.
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »
    To be honest, I've already blacklisted half of HT and I'm well on my way to blacklisting half of Arch too.........I already have a separate list of people that repeatedly and with no provocation drop squad to kill people, or want chi and then jump in the lava while holding you for lols because they can tick your charm or whatever. When they show up, even if I'm at Toad I just leave. Let the squad have them, I have zero **** to give.

No offense but I'm glad my server didn't merge with you guys. Sounds like a scary place :s

True. One would think that merging a PvP server with a PvE server would create a culture war but other than the trolling idiots on WC we're doing quite well on TT server. Most of the culture clash we deal with is the acronyms we use. TT, HH, Cleric, EP, Delta, GV, BH WS vs BH Metal, the the like. So far nothing major.
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 81 Arc User
    @opkossy ty man couldnt have said it better myself.

Our server just see tihngs differently. and to most of us the money form the EoO is our profiut because some of us myself included use our badges and molds to help our guild gear up. Like in my earlier post idc but saying its a waste of 500k shows your ignorance. Not everyone makes toons to do jolly jones, its the way we made funds after dqs went to no price basically. SO if you are going to insult us be expected to be insulted back and grow the spine to take it. We are not unfamiliar with dishing it out from old HT. RIP my favorite server.
  • pwizz23
    pwizz23 Posts: 16 Arc User
    This. Thank you.
    Plus on random you can get people that are dual client in FSP so usually the have one toon just standing there folowing so good luck when that toon will get axes. I have been once with a person that was with a cleric and a BM and at Toad he set the cleric on macro to heal the tank. He wasnt purifing , only DD with the BM. I didnt thought to save sparks and I've been 1 shot by the Dot Toads puts random on players so I had to run back. Now I can imagine spending alot of time there if the squad was on random and that cleric guy would have get the axes.

I dual client cleric and DD in fsp. Have absolutely no issues with axes happening on either toon. Frequently in a squad where 2 or 3 of us are dual clienting. Still have no issues with squad. With axes on random. DD and heal or DD and tank. I refuse to tank and heal at the same time.

Just because a lot of arch weren't taught to throw axes doesn't mean you can't learn. Not sure why a lot of you guys didn't learn the timing, just going to assume that some people didn't want to take the time to teach half the server. ;)
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    Also, the Advanced Grinding Machine is getting humped like its a shrine to Dibella 24/7 now. You have 1 guy digging 57 times in a row because they have a T1 line and its their full time job to farm that juice, and 17 other people running back and forth over it trying to make it unclickable.

It doesn't work, its just annoying.

As for the Pro-Free Fsp argument that it is multi client friendly, I agree. I probably disagree with that being a good thing.

Last night I went, and the barb had a sin alt that literally did nothing. It stood back as far as possible and died repeatedly so we had to wait. In this same squad there was another sin that the first alt sin literally had to carry and they both just stood there doing nothing and dying repeatedly because they had no gear on.

I would have left, if not for it being the THIRD such squad I had been in that night on just that toon. The barb was even bragging that they also had 3 shops running too, and another Arch person said they were running 8 and complained of lag.

I blacklisted all of them. Is that why Arch loves free FSP? So 4 people can bring 6 alts, and complain about lag on their 14 shops while they take turns going afk?

Seems like it. I run fsp twice a day, pretty much ever since I could. Usually no problems, sometimes we'd have to go to free in HT because some people refused to listen to the other 9 people as they tried to teach them.

Since the merge, its been a nightmare. Even if I do get in a random squad, I've twice now gotten kicked at toad to be put on free. I don't care, I just want to finish the run. Unfortunately both times trolls took the opportunity to wipe the squad and leave because thats what jerks do when you give them an instance where its that easy to troll people.

The times I went into a free squad from the start, the leader got all the drops and "dc" right after Mushi. This happened in 3 different squads. Needless to say I'm getting tired of logging in to this server.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • bloodedone87
    Also, the Advanced Grinding Machine is getting humped like its a shrine to Dibella 24/7 now. You have 1 guy digging 57 times in a row because they have a T1 line and its their full time job to farm that juice, and 17 other people running back and forth over it trying to make it unclickable.

As for the Pro-Free Fsp argument that it is multi client friendly, I agree. I probably disagree with that being a good thing.

Last night I went, and the barb had a sin alt that literally did nothing. It stood back as far as possible and died repeatedly so we had to wait. In this same squad there was another sin that the first alt sin literally had to carry and they both just stood there doing nothing and dying repeatedly because they had no gear on.

I would have left, if not for it being the THIRD such squad I had been in that night on just that toon. The barb was even bragging that they also had 3 shops running too, and another Arch person said they were running 8 and complained of lag.

I blacklisted all of them. Is that why Arch loves free FSP? So 4 people can bring 6 alts, and complain about lag on their 14 shops while they take turns going afk?

Seems like it. I run fsp twice a day, pretty much ever since I could. Usually no problems, sometimes we'd have to go to free in HT because some people refused to listen to the other 9 people as they tried to teach them.

Since the merge, its been a nightmare. Even if I do get in a random squad, I've twice now gotten kicked at toad to be put on free. I don't care, I just want to finish the run. Unfortunately both times trolls took the opportunity to wipe the squad and leave because thats what jerks do when you give them an instance where its that easy to troll people.

The times I went into a free squad from the start, the leader got all the drops and "dc" right after Mushi. This happened in 3 different squads. Needless to say I'm getting tired of logging in to this server.

Is better for you to run with people that you know from HT. Sadly people that are dual client are alot in FSP, EU AEU. But there is no other way around since making a squad is already a pain in the ****. So thats why people invite others even if they dual client. Althought 4 people with 6 alts is a bit exagerated.
    I could say names but the forums doesnt alow me name and shame. But you would want to avoid being in squad with a guy whose name ends in: 'icator He dual clients always with his cleric and BM and in FSP his cleric is on macro so good luck at Toad if you forget to save sparks and need purifi.
    To me it doesnt matter if a person has opened another clients as long as he is playing on the Toon that he has on FSP in the moment the toon is on FSP.
    giphy.gif

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

I dunno who the hell you have been running with but things werent remotely that bad on archo. Yes, people dual client but generally the people doing it are quite geared on one toon least and the run is fairly quick & smooth. If its some S3 geared leeches, just kick them, those are not the ppl whose "right" to multiclient FSP I defend.

I do FSP twice a day on most days, have for months, usually least 1 run in random squad. I dont remember a single run this year where squad former faked DC to steal pages. I dont remember a single run ever where book has been stolen. Generally these sort of things simply dont happen. Yes, there is thiefs shamed on WC every now and then but this happened very rarely on archo as they simply never got their runs done afterwards.

​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • opkossy
    edited August 2015
    saxroll wrote: »
    I dunno who the hell you have been running with but things werent remotely that bad on archo. Yes, people dual client but generally the people doing it are quite geared on one toon least and the run is fairly quick & smooth. If its some S3 geared leeches, just kick them, those are not the ppl whose "right" to multiclient FSP I defend.

I do FSP twice a day on most days, have for months, usually least 1 run in random squad. I dont remember a single run this year where squad former faked DC to steal pages. I dont remember a single run ever where book has been stolen. Generally these sort of things simply dont happen. Yes, there is thiefs shamed on WC every now and then but this happened very rarely on archo as they simply never got their runs done afterwards.

Issue is simply that HT doesn't know who to avoid from Archo and vice versa. So the people that cause issues on both servers are getting chances to make the server they came from look worse and until Archo/HT know who to avoid for the other servers, some people will think that a majority act like that. Sure people will -eventually- acclimate, but that's still time spent by scammers and such making an entire server look bad. And not everyone learns as fast as others. After all, there are people who take bearish threads seriously here when even bearish does it just to give us all laughs.
    ​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Merge seems okay for the most part on Dawnglory after a few days? Majority of the Morai people I've conversed with seem chill as hell (and on the flipside, HL stays having no chill) and I'm honestly liking the 6pm server reset time. FWS seems to be defaulting to Morai standards which I guess is w/e so long as someone else not me is doing the banking. I'm not really sure about this coin lotto thing that's come up with EoOs and fsp books though since it seems like it'd just be easier to remake squad on random and random that way than to trust people to be truthful about getting one coin.

The main thing I just really dislike is the lag component. I'm sorta getting back into the swing of things since it's just a little bit more than the lag I got on those servers that must not be named, but damn if it's still not annoying.

I would really like it if they moved the events a little later also. 8am TW is gonna be a bit ridiculous and the 2pm Friday NW seems like it might as well have been all Morai outside of a few squads floating around.​​
  • xxxthekidxxx
    xxxthekidxxx Posts: 38 Arc User
    Mobless = Boobless.. ok? got it? good lol :smiley:

No for real I am enjoying it all, I dont mind the differences. In time we will sync

Welcome to all the HT/New players.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    belnor wrote: »
    So far it's been okay. It is nice to see more people out and about. West Archo is more like when I started playing the game, really packed.

Had to turn off world chat cause of the excessive consumption of tele's (just too hard to follow it all).

Had a bit of lag later in the evening. FSP and TT were a bit of a problem to complete because of it. Have seen issues with that before the merger.

Looking forward to seeing how NW and TW goes this weekend. Really want to see the cross server stuff happen.

It's gonna take time to adjust but in the long run I think this all will be a good thing.

This sounds all kinds of crazy....personally having a dedicated axe thrower makes sense to me, and if its on free a banker can split drops. Tideswells main problem is abbreviations which is minor to these
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    saxroll wrote: »

Issue is simply that HT doesn't know who to avoid from Archo and vice versa. So the people that cause issues on both servers are getting chances to make the server they came from look worse and until Archo/HT know who to avoid for the other servers, some people will think that a majority act like that. Sure people will -eventually- acclimate, but that's still time spent by scammers and such making an entire server look bad. And not everyone learns as fast as others. After all, there are people who take bearish threads seriously here when even bearish does it just to give us all laughs.
    ​​

From when I've logged in the past few days. There's been wc debates from individuals from both sides acting like ignorant children. There was going to be differences in how both servers run things, how we abbreviate things etc. Its just going to take time to get used to the people, and it will take some time for the server as a whole to accept and use one way or a few ways of abbreviating things. My biggest complaints thus far is the lag. I am not sure what it is, but ever since I've been on hiatus from PWI playing another MMO. It just seems like its gotten worse. Also the economy is weird, when I left ( I am just using this as an example) Sage Twin Strike on HT prior to the merge was under 100m. Now, its back to just about 150m. Likewise for sage puncture wound. I figured prices would be all over the place until the economy on the server figures itself out and what not, but that's kinda ridiculous.
    Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    just to add to this dw called bh snakefist guardian bh snake ...while illusion nemen is literally a snake(or part snake)

and there is so much different g16 gear that assuming its 3rd recast nirvana gear is a bit illogical
  • bloodedone87
    edited August 2015
    Is sad now that people dont even say when they ask for people for FSP squad if its random or free.
    Yes I know I can pm them and ask and I did and I got answers like: Does it matter? Instead of saying yes or no.
    And I also know that I can pm him saying '' invite'' and when he sends invitation I can look if its random or free and refuse if its random but I feel like the other person will think: '' look at this , he said invite and now he refuses me what an assho...

Is it that hard to say : random or free when you are making the squads?

giphy.gif

• hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    In FSP I random everything, some gets a book good for them. Someone still over a year can't throw an Axe? Cmon man this game isn't that hard...
  • bloodedone87
    In FSP I random everything, some gets a book good for them. Someone still over a year can't throw an Axe? Cmon man this game isn't that hard...

I know how it works . I just dont feel comfortable doing it.
    For exemple:After this merge I have been in a random squad made by someone from HT. I thought: how hard can it be? just wait for blue shield and click on the axe. It should work. How wrong I was.
    So we got at toad. I got axes, the letters: '' throw axes as soon as posible'' apeared but no sign of blue shield. Dont know if it was lag or something else but it seemed that blue shield wasnt going to be. And the leader told twice in squad chat: '' throw axes'' so I throw them and 1-2 second later the shield apeared .But I throw axes too soon and a new pair of axes droped but it seemed that they couldnt pick them and the boss regenerated his hp. So I was kicked from squad even though it wasnt 100% my fault. And I dont want to repeat it again.
    giphy.gif

• dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    To be honest Free Squad is much more efficient than Random, the reasons are obvious. The first random drop FSP I did had the whole squad stuck on toad for 10 minutes, funny enough the Archo players did axes correctly but the HT players did not. Free mode make it runs extremely faster even despite having to random at the end. I can tank toad on my Stormbringer by having trust in 1 player but having trust in 9 players.. lol why risk that in the first place.

Despite that example, it not a matter of Archo people being noobs and not knowing how to axe, it is about efficiency and not having a single axe missed and taking forever to unglitch axes and/or reset boss, etc. Either way I believe Etherblade will lean towards free drops anyways, and old HT players will have to do it this way and get used to it. I am about 98% sure squads will be on free for FSP, and about 90% sure in FW in the near future. FW is a lot easier to random molds and drops but random axes on toad is definitely a waste of time and effort for every person in the squad.

As for drama, there really isn't any. People just think it is but it really is them making a big deal about it. In about 1 month, most squad will probably do free drops and you'll see that it won't be such a big deal as you originally made of it. It is not because Archo is better than HT of HT is better than Archo or anything, but it is because the method is simply just more effective and efficient. Those who think random is more efficient than free are just plain stubborn and they'll look back later to why they ever thought random was more efficient. Sorry to be so direct.
    Post edited by dat1guyy on