Why is the DuskBlade so underrated

killerleo
killerleo Posts: 14 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Arigora Colosseum
The DuskBlade class have the potential to be one of the best pvp class in the game !
What do you think about the DuskDlade class an will there be more Duskeblade then StormBringer in the future ?​​

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Duskblade underrated? xDD well thats news for me as it is obvious that due to the massive Paralyze lock Dusks have advantages vs nearly any other class. A smartly played full deity dusk has enough dmg to kill anything. ANYTHING. Without much trouble that is.

Imagine a non-Tidal, but still high defensive Sin (cause the dmg is pretty much the same, heck on full deity Dusks should deal alot more dmg cause of the massive base dmg compared to sins).

If you wanna compare them to other classes I will just leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq-0XizuTp4

The Barb and Sin we are fighting are around the same gear as me and the dusk. So how we both are able to tank them even alone at once sometimes :D

To sum things up: If the dusk would only have regular Stuns then yeah, that class would be a joke. That's unfortunatly not true. Paralyze is extremely dangerous. Even if you just couldnt stack paralyze like you cant with stuns it would power down this class alot. They don't even have to really care for their timing all too much + it would nearly always mean that def charms are getting through in between the paralyzes but hell nope. It does overwrite :D That's the only real danger from dusks.

I always been a fan of 1on1 on selfbuffs and ya thats even ok vs dusks...but fighting 1on1 vs a dusk on selfbuffs as a caster is just dumb (with the exception of maybe mysts and wizards due to their high pdef selfbuffs). The new (rediculously broken) def charms make it nearly impossible for caster (that mostly can't lock a target up for several seconds, at least not in a way ppl couldnt break out with faith easily) to kill a dusk for example. Without any stun you would need 4 hits in a row just to get rid of the def charms. During that time the dusk most likely paralyze locked you up again. Considering you fight on endgame and a caster only has like 20-24k pdef unbuffed you are most likely dead after you used AD or Faith the first time vs a dusk. Even my storm was 1-shot several times on selfbuffs by just a normal zerkcrit from the dusk in the video while no def charm was on.

If you consider this then yeah, duskblades are the strongest class for 1on1s overall. The only class they really struggle against are endgame barbs. Why? Cause they can just tank the dusk and wait for a pause in their lock to spam Occult Ice. First they will use faith. If OI hits again right after they used Faith then the Dusk is most likely dead. (PS: Dont tell them!!! If they also use Fortify to avoid Occult Ice then even barbs are in trouble :D ) Potentially...if you are an amazing player you can pretty much easily kill most classes with a dusk and will be able to kill any class overall without much fuzz.

If you now put up dusks vs fully buffed ppl with NWWine and Ink + psy buffs and stuff then ofc...they will have alot of trouble killing said target. Then again...that would make it impossible for most classes to kill such a target. Mere spirit of defense shouldn't bother dusks much, at least not deity ones. Full Josd seeker with SoD would be a pain to kill otherwise :D still doable tho.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Because PWE is full of bandwagon people and then have to come back on their words and eat it, much like Joe above here.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Because PWE is full of bandwagon people and then have to come back on their words and eat it, much like Joe above here.​​

Why? xD I said Storms are overall better than Dusks bfore they've been released and I still mean it. Storms can also defeat all other classes, they only got a bit of trouble fighting dusks BUT! Storms outshine Dusks in mass-PvP and esp TW by far...so much that dusks are nearly neglicable there in most situations (cept for the obvious single target lockdown and healer-hunting). And the most powerful class for 1on1s is, was and will always be the Barb. Period.

If you implied that I was just jumping on a train like all the other people then u are wrong. I simply admitted that there are some positive aspects of Dusks I might not have acknowledged til now.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Duskblade is getting a massive upgrade to a lot of skills in the next update along with their primal skills. With that they'd probably be a contender for the top class.​​
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Duskblade is currently probably the most annoying class for me on my Mystic.
    Well technically, the really most annoying ones are the clerics that just try to keep me asleep but it's kinda different since they don't even try to hit making that just boring :s