Server Merge -- FREE Identity Stone is on the way (Updated)

mintsummer
mintsummer Posts: 125 admin
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
Hello PWI,

We are excited to announce that we will be sending out one free Identity Stone to characters that were renamed as a result of the recent server merge. Characters that were renamed at the time of the merger with a suffix (LC, HL, RT, LC2, HL2, RT2) will be eligible for the free Identity Stone provided they have been successfully logged in to prior to August 20th. The item will be distributed by in-game mail, so please be sure to keep some space open in your in-game mailbox. We plan to have the item sent out by the end of August.

To recap, in order to have the stone granted to you, please follow the below checklist for each affected character:

• Keep space open in your mailbox as the item will be distributed via in-game mail.

We appreciate your patience. Thanks so much for playing PWI!

Update...
Hi everyone!

Clear out your mailboxes! The free identity stones have started to go out. This impacted a lot of players and sending all the items might take the system 2 to 3 days, but they are finally on the way! :)
​​
Post edited by sylenthunder on

Comments

• eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 90 Arc User
    Will leaders of factions who were renamed also get a Faction Rename Stone should they wish to pick something other than the suffixed name they were given on moving?​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    WELL DONE PWE!

Nice Fast delivery easy Fix for a problem!
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Wow, cool. My name isn't affected but nice to see the effort and give away. :D
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    What about faction names?
    NGTUy53.png

• tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    ok, 1 of 3 issues are officially being handled, now what about the july token event and the Dawnglory event times?
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • tupyzins
    tupyzins Posts: 1 Arc User
    TY pwi no more TupYiRT
  • bailasan
    bailasan Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi i try to log the game but there no lostcity server , what going on ???
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    What about factions? What about harshland players wanting their time zone as they should have? This is a start but not enough.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    bailasan wrote: »

Servers were merged recently, people's names were changed, faction names were changed, and a lot of fixing going on now. This isn't the thread to be discussing this sort of stuff, though there are threads with QNA going on now about the Server Merges.

Server Merge FAQ
    FoxyGR.gif
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    bailasan wrote: »

Are you serious or a troll?
  • unbarb
    unbarb Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Hello GMs,

Why don't you enable server transfer so we will transfer our character to the right server? so we get a free identity stone 1 time and not again.
    I'm making this post because i have logged into EU (i live at East Coast) and i had 600 ms that didnt go lower (most US players got this problem now... they can't do the event or play, they wasted 7 years)
    The solution is server transfer, so the 50% player that live in EU and were in Harshland will stay on the EU and those that live in US will go to the East coast server to play with a normal ping.

Here are the eligibility and restrictions about server transfer:
    - You can't transfer your characters if you are in a faction or married.
    - You must not have gold in AH, no items in AH or commission shop.
    - If someone has your name on the server you going to, you get a free name change.
    - etc...

It would be better to do both the same time: you allow server transfer and we get the free identity stone (if we find name conflict on the server we are going to)
    In my case, i'm not living at the West coast anymore, so i would like to transfer my characters to the east coast server to play the game, because the events times are impossible... there is so many players in my situation, why not make them happy?
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    and the Dawnglory event times?

thfunny-21-1.gif​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • opalhs
    opalhs Posts: 34 Arc User
    unbarb wrote: »
    Hello GMs,

Why don't you enable server transfer so we will transfer our character to the right server? so we get a free identity stone 1 time and not again.
    I'm making this post because i have logged into EU (i live at East Coast) and i had 600 ms that didnt go lower (most US players got this problem now... they can't do the event or play, they wasted 7 years)
    The solution is server transfer, so the 50% player that live in EU and were in Harshland will stay on the EU and those that live in US will go to the East coast server to play with a normal ping.

- If someone has your name on the server you going to, you get a free name change.
    - etc...

It would be better to do both the same time: you allow server transfer and we get the free identity stone (if we find name conflict on the server we are going to)
    In my case, i'm not living at the West coast anymore, so i would like to transfer my characters to the east coast server to play the game, because the events times are impossible... there is so many players in my situation, why not make them happy?

We want guild/guild baze server transfers too xD,What if whole guild is from same time zone and want to transfer but dont wana go without thier guils base :)

• tesone
    tesone Posts: 45 Arc User
    Wow, to be honest I wasn't expecting them to give out anything at all. If I can get my main's old name back then that's enough for me, I can live with rest of my toons being on hiatus for a bit. fox-16.gif
    Thanks a lot for this! That's 1/3 problems I don't have to worry about now.fox-4.gif​​
    siggy_zpscq8zz0q8.png

| Retired PWI veteran 2010-2015 |
  • unbarb
    unbarb Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    opalhs wrote: »
    unbarb wrote: »
    Hello GMs,

- etc...

We want guild/guild baze server transfers too xD,What if whole guild is from same time zone and want to transfer but dont wana go without thier guils base :)

Yes, this would not be interesting, this is why the player that transfer his character must not be leader or member of a faction, if he is leader, he gives lead to someone that stay on the server so he is factionless and eligible for the server transfer. :)
    i dont think a whole faction from same time zone would want to transfer :confused: Its rare/impossible
  • eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 90 Arc User
    tesone wrote: »
    Wow, to be honest I wasn't expecting them to give out anything at all. If I can get my main's old name back then that's enough for me, I can live with rest of my toons being on hiatus for a bit. fox-16.gif
    Thanks a lot for this! That's 1/3 problems I don't have to worry about now.fox-4.gif

you won't necessarily get your old name back - as the reason it was suffixed is it already exists on new server - you will be able to pick a new name or a variant of your name from your original server (as long as that new name isnt already taken etc)
    ​​
  • tesone
    tesone Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    eiledon wrote: »

you won't necessarily get your old name back - as the reason it was suffixed is it already exists on new server - you will be able to pick a new name or a variant of your name from your original server (as long as that new name isnt already taken etc)

I've got a name I can use that's close enough. As long as it's not too different from my original. The real issue I had was with them not offering at least one free name change with the merge, which was what irked me off the most. I know we were warned a week in advance (which was not enough time in my opinion), and at the time I didn't think it would bother me that much, because I thought it was going to be something like GW2 and have those brackets around the old server initials, not right next to our names. I should have known better.fox-30.gif

​​
    siggy_zpscq8zz0q8.png

| Retired PWI veteran 2010-2015 |
  • luckysevenblue
    luckysevenblue Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanks for the identity stone. Even though I'll miss my character's name, I really don't want the suffix, so I'll just think of another name. Thank you; really appreciate it :)
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Hi mintsummer,

I got a high-level (alt) character on Lost City and a low level character with same name on Sanctuary (same account).
    Unfortunately I couldn't delete the character on Sanctuary server in time.

Since I already bought an Identity Stone for my main (to get rid of the LC-suffix), I could use the free one on my low-level alt.

That's why I hope those free Idenity Stones are tradable by account-stash!

tyvm
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    tesone wrote: »
    I've got a name I can use that's close enough. As long as it's not too different from my original.
    ​​

You could for example use the name of your old server as a suffix.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Glad this issue was handled so quickly. Good job on this one.​​
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • tangleweedy
    tangleweedy Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hey guys, does anybody have any idea what's wrong with charging ? I tried to buy some ZEN but I don't see PWI on the available games list.
  • kilmister
    kilmister Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hey guys, does anybody have any idea what's wrong with charging ? I tried to buy some ZEN but I don't see PWI on the available games list.

Its still there PWI it lists as !

• tangleweedy
    tangleweedy Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @kilmister said:
    > Its still there PWI it lists as !

Oh then it's probably because I created a new account and I'm not allowed to use all the menu options for now or something like that ?
  • foxykisses22
    foxykisses22 Posts: 5 Arc User
    im hearing a rumor that will be a free leveling stone as well a free name changer :smile: I hope its not a rumor I would love to hit 95 again
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    That makes me happy, that I will not have to spend 15$ on an ID stone on special, Right after the merge, like this was plan. I hope you will refund ppl who have bought one.

But beside that I think it would be better if I get my name back and the PLayer who stole my name, and is now using it to do Plissing should be force to change there name instead, Or face deletion.

Also the font of the game shoul be change so that ppl can make a difference between An L, Small l and upper I etc.

I had my name since 2009 and now I have to change it, in a way I don't think it's fair.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I wasn't affected but nice to see PW working hard to handle issues fast and efficiently. If you follow through with a quick mail out of name change stones after the log-in period I'll be doubly impressed. Keep up the good work.
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    This is going to be my 2nd name change :/
    The only GOP
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    TYVM . You did great & fair job.
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam