Server Merge FAQ

Comments

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    PWE needs to get on the ball. People are on world chats offering to let people have their original names and original factions back for a price. That is exploiting people. Not to mention there are rumors going around that PWE purposely did this to increase cash flow by the influx of people now forced to charge gold to remove the forced addition of letters after their names. This kind of rumor could bring a company to its knees in potential lawsuits. They need to make this right to the players and fast.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    PWE needs to get on the ball. People are on world chats offering to let people have their original names and original factions back for a price. That is exploiting people. Not to mention there are rumors going around that PWE purposely did this to increase cash flow by the influx of people now forced to charge gold to remove the forced addition of letters after their names. This kind of rumor could bring a company to its knees in potential lawsuits. They need to make this right to the players and fast.

I think people have better things to do than to waste time to sue a company for something that happens in a F2P game.

I dont think this merge and all the changes that camed with it was done without the aproval of China( PWCN).
    So who people going to sue PWE who is the publisher or PWCN who take all the decisions?
    Good luck with that.
    giphy.gif

• jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    asterelle wrote: »
    has there been any response about the Acc Stash stone oopsie?

I submitted a ticket and got a reply saying "We appreciate your patience as we worked to resolve this issue" and "The account stash will be doubled in size if you had an account stash opened on both servers" which of course I did, and it was, until I removed some of the items.

For now I guess I am to assume they are working on it and will fix it, as they acknowledge that it is supposed to be a double size Account Stash (they C/P the FAQ point that said that it would be double).

Time will tell...

The double account stash size was never meant to be permanent. Just temporary so you wouldn't lose items during the merge if your stash was full. So once you removed items it reverted back to what it is supposed to be. It's not a glitch and it won't be fixed. Some people keep an item on the 4th line in the stash just to keep it double size. That is an exploit.
    The FAQ doesnt say anything about the stash being glitched or temporary. We were supposed to get a double sized stashed.
    enelimm wrote: »
    Server Merge FAQ

I've unlocked the account stash on both servers; what will happen to it?

Both account stashes will be merged into a single, double-sized account stash.

It's working the exact same way it did when the 2 EU servers merged. Why all the surprise now?

For the vast majority of players this was their first merger. Not only that but this merger had a lot of differences compared to the EU one so there wasn't reason to believe it would go the same. People can only go by what the GMs promised us.
    ​​

Sure but I based my premise off of the fact that nowhere do I see anything from PWI/PWE that a player who never used an account stash stone before could buy 2 and create an account stash double the size after the merger. It wouldn't be right if some people can have double the account stash size because they had 2 account merge while others couldn't create a double account stash size with 2 stones after.

I know you, Sylen, I and many other have been around this game for a long time. It's blatantly obvious that there is a major communication issue between the parent company in china and the PWI administrators here in the states. It's why we get issues like the S-chest promise in the log-in event and the like which have occurred many times in the past as well as some really weird mix ups in the translation. I can only imagine what goes on at the PWI HQ in california sometimes when they deal with their bosses in china. If there is one sorely needed improvement with this game it is the communication between PWI and their parent company in China so we don't have issues like this.

• veganblood
    veganblood Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The "RT" tacked to me char's names now is ridiculous and frankly really PISSES ME OFF!

We were NOT given enough notice to delete duplicate char name toons off Dreamweaver to avoid having this FORCED upon our RT names!! It takes a full 7 days to completely delet a char... I tried as soon as I found out this nonsense was going to happen but there just wasn't enough time ... WTF PWI??? And even if it DID work, we shouldn't have been forced for that to have been our solution, some people worked hard and some even spent real cash on their toons.

You guys better fix this by sending us FREE (bound) Identity Stones or else so many of us will be extremely pissed and may quit! This **** u pulled is absurd and low!
    "BE the change you wish to see in the world." ~ Gandhi ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    MKVP7fB.png
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way it's animals are treated."
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    veganblood wrote: »
    The "RT" tacked to me char's names now is ridiculous and frankly really PISSES ME OFF!

We were NOT given enough notice to delete duplicate char name toons off Dreamweaver to avoid having this FORCED upon our RT names!! It takes a full 7 days to completely delet a char... I tried as soon as I found out this nonsense was going to happen but there just wasn't enough time ... WTF PWI??? And even if it DID work, we shouldn't have been forced for that to have been our solution, some people worked hard and some even spent real cash on their toons.

You guys better fix this by sending us FREE (bound) renaming stones or else so many of us will be extremely pissed and may quit! This **** u pulled is absurd and low!

Gm's just announced in System chat that they are.

"Free Identity Stones are coming to characters renamed due to the server merge. Details will be on our blog later today!"​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2015

"Free Identity Stones are coming to characters renamed due to the server merge. Details will be on our blog later today!"​​

Amazing what mass consumer outrage can do to a company.
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • veganblood

We shouldn't have had to be outraged to begin with...they should have done that on their own. They're just really pissing ppl off this way and ruining the morale of the players.
    MKVP7fB.png
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • veganblood

You guys better fix this by sending us FREE (bound) renaming stones or else so many of us will be extremely pissed and may quit! This **** u pulled is absurd and low!

Thank you for the notice :)
    MKVP7fB.png
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • jamesburr36

We shouldn't have had to be outraged to begin with...they should have done that on their own. They're just really pissing ppl off this way and ruining the morale of the players.

They gave prelude to this last week in another thread when a PWI employee stated that a free identity stone for those affected was doable. No need for all the outrage.
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    They gave prelude to this last week in another thread when a PWI employee stated that a free identity stone for those affected was doable. No need for all the outrage.

Of course there will be outrage when the first thing they do is put name change stones on sale. That indicates that without outrage nothing will be done, as they obviously think that is a good enough option.

Even though I am on Etherblade and was thus not affected by the name changes, I still really think they should have changed the names based on seniority and not on server. And stating ahead of time which servers would be changed plus what they would be changed to was just asking for trouble. People should not be selling names in world chat just because they were able to purposely duplicate them before the merge to specifically cause a problem, and someone who has had a name for years should not have to change it because of a recently made level 1 alt.

​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    I must say that im really I surprised and a bit proud about the PWE team this time. I loged in and all my toons and items
    apparently are still there, I feel a bit of sorry for the other server people that lost all their faction icons.

But aside from that and the :D:D60 GOLD GST :D:D everything else seems to be ok... for now :D
  • zoner112012
    eeepsilon wrote: »
    I must say that im really I surprised and a bit proud about the PWE team this time. I loged in and all my toons and items
    apparently are still there, I feel a bit of sorry for the other server people that lost all their faction icons.

But aside from that and the :D:D60 GOLD GST :D:D everything else seems to be ok... for now :D

Don't be proud of a company that obviously milked profits off their **** up. Don't be proud of a business that is being forced to take action to appease a raging community. That would be foolish. This is simply a tactic to keep a company running, not actual care for us. We are just numbers to them.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • jamesburr36
    chchchchia wrote: »

Of course there will be outrage when the first thing they do is put name change stones on sale. That indicates that without outrage nothing will be done, as they obviously think that is a good enough option.

Even though I am on Etherblade and was thus not affected by the name changes, I still really think they should have changed the names based on seniority and not on server. And stating ahead of time which servers would be changed plus what they would be changed to was just asking for trouble. People should not be selling names in world chat just because they were able to purposely duplicate them before the merge to specifically cause a problem, and someone who has had a name for years should not have to change it because of a recently made level 1 alt.

​​

Except the PWI employee stated it was doable before said outrage therefore something has been or was being done before the outrage.
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Except the PWI employee stated it was doable before said outrage therefore something has been or was being done before the outrage.

Regarding a company who regularly breaks actual promises, putting any faith in a "could be possible" statement from PWI is quite foolish. If there wasn't a large public outcry I'm rather certain that free stones wouldn't have been offered. The sale on Identity Stones upon server restart is hardly a coincidence I'm sure.

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User

Don't be proud of a company that obviously milked profits off their **** up. Don't be proud of a business that is being forced to take action to appease a raging community. That would be foolish. This is simply a tactic to keep a company running, not actual care for us. We are just numbers to them.

And you still play the game...
    giphy.gif

• zoner112012

And you still play the game...

And? What does me playing the game have to do with that person's comment or being proud of what they do? Lol
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • jamesburr36
    perrion wrote: »

Regarding a company who regularly breaks actual promises, putting any faith in a "could be possible" statement from PWI is quite foolish. If there wasn't a large public outcry I'm rather certain that free stones wouldn't have been offered. The sale on Identity Stones upon server restart is hardly a coincidence I'm sure.

Whose problem is that? People own their own beliefs and feelings. They need to deal with it.
  • lostfreedom
    lostfreedom Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    what I do not understand is why those that were on pvp servers have to be logged in 10 hrs PER AVI to change to change to pve status. it shoud be imo per account for the 10 hours. or allow us to choose as we first log that avi in vs making all avis on an account be logged in individually for 10 hrs before we can change status.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User

someone does not know what sarcasm means :D
  • vikapov
    vikapov Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Server Merge FAQ

Update 8/4: In the end Demon/Sage cards won't be wiped during the maintenance. The merge will take place tonight, so make sure you're ready!

My demon/sage tickets in mailbox wont turn into demon/sage cards, they go pooof :(

• zoner112012

someone does not know what sarcasm means :D

If it was that then we'll played. [Claps in Shia]
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • only1wish
    only1wish Posts: 37 Arc User
    Hi everyone,
    In the end Demon/Sage cards won't be wiped during the maintenance :) I edited the first post and the news to reflect this. We have quite a lot on our plate now but we're also looking into possible arrangements regarding the points you raised. I'll keep you updated once I know more.

Why thank you for proving us with WRONG information. That way i had enough time to see the post and say to myself i dont have to redeem the d/s tickets because i'm tired and i can just do it tomorrow or whenever after the merge.. when in fact today, after the merge they're all gone!!!
    Another thing also i'ld very much like to know - why are players getting free rename stones but the factions that have a changed name dont get those for free? Why are people forced to spend money for something that didnt depend on them? How is it any different, it's the same problem just forced upon more people.
  • tangleweedy
    tangleweedy Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hey guys, does anybody have any idea what's wrong with charging ? I tried to buy some ZEN but I don't see PWI on the available games list.
  • midnightstarrz
    midnightstarrz Posts: 81 Arc User
    hell at this point i either want my extended account stash or my gold back thanks to the mis-information made BY a GM. that is the point that upsets ppl. if they say it's supposed to be that, with no mention of it being temporary. that makes the loss of the player the fault of PWI/PWE, NOT the fault of the player.
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    has there been any response about the Acc Stash stone oopsie?

I submitted a ticket and got a reply saying "We appreciate your patience as we worked to resolve this issue" and "The account stash will be doubled in size if you had an account stash opened on both servers" which of course I did, and it was, until I removed some of the items.

For now I guess I am to assume they are working on it and will fix it, as they acknowledge that it is supposed to be a double size Account Stash (they C/P the FAQ point that said that it would be double).

Time will tell...

The double account stash size was never meant to be permanent. Just temporary so you wouldn't lose items during the merge if your stash was full. So once you removed items it reverted back to what it is supposed to be. It's not a glitch and it won't be fixed. Some people keep an item on the 4th line in the stash just to keep it double size. That is an exploit.
    The FAQ doesnt say anything about the stash being glitched or temporary. We were supposed to get a double sized stashed.
    Server Merge FAQ

It's working the exact same way it did when the 2 EU servers merged. Why all the surprise now?

For the vast majority of players this was their first merger. Not only that but this merger had a lot of differences compared to the EU one so there wasn't reason to believe it would go the same. People can only go by what the GMs promised us.
    ​​

Sure but I based my premise off of the fact that nowhere do I see anything from PWI/PWE that a player who never used an account stash stone before could buy 2 and create an account stash double the size after the merger. It wouldn't be right if some people can have double the account stash size because they had 2 account merge while others couldn't create a double account stash size with 2 stones after.

I know you, Sylen, I and many other have been around this game for a long time. It's blatantly obvious that there is a major communication issue between the parent company in china and the PWI administrators here in the states. It's why we get issues like the S-chest promise in the log-in event and the like which have occurred many times in the past as well as some really weird mix ups in the translation. I can only imagine what goes on at the PWI HQ in california sometimes when they deal with their bosses in china. If there is one sorely needed improvement with this game it is the communication between PWI and their parent company in China so we don't have issues like this.

You are wrong, if you go on the web page, there is a link for the FAQ in the forum and they do say this:

So where is the 2x size + you can see that some ppl have glich it and are already using it. This will probably be fix in the near future.
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User

Saying something is doable in no way means something is being done. There are a lot of things I personally could say were doable but that doesn't mean I'm going to bother doing them if I don't have to.

If they had been planning this from the outset, they would not have put name change stones on sale (far too much of a coincidence) and waited until after the outrage to agree to hand out free stones. If they had been serious about it, they would have said "we will send out free stones to those affected after the merge" instead of "it is doable" since they saw people upset about it before it happened. No promises were given, and not a single thing was said after the merge - this combined with the stones on sale gives people a right to be angry.

If they had indeed been planning this before the merge, all they had to do was communicate. A simple message on here or a maintenance thread after the merge was completed telling us that stones would be sent out is all people wanted. ​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • jamesburr36
    edited August 2015
    chchchchia wrote: »

Saying something is doable in no way means something is being done. There are a lot of things I personally could say were doable but that doesn't mean I'm going to bother doing them if I don't have to.

If they had been planning this from the outset, they would not have put name change stones on sale (far too much of a coincidence) and waited until after the outrage to agree to hand out free stones. If they had been serious about it, they would have said "we will send out free stones to those affected after the merge" instead of "it is doable" since they saw people upset about it before it happened. No promises were given, and not a single thing was said after the merge - this combined with the stones on sale gives people a right to be angry.

If they had indeed been planning this before the merge, all they had to do was communicate. A simple message on here or a maintenance thread after the merge was completed telling us that stones would be sent out is all people wanted. ​​

They did it so yes it was doable.

And the may have created the sale to make it easier for the rest who were not affected by the name change to have an opportunity to do so. Free for some while the rest get a discount. But do go ahead and be a victim if it gives your life some meaning. good god
  • invul1
    invul1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    hockey57 wrote: »
    The only reason real fights start anymore on lost city is because people go after someone they find in open map then it escalates. Now those people will just hide in blue name mode and you wont find the pk like it is now. RW is also bunked now because of blue names.​​
    etc etc...
    First of all, merging PvP with PvE servers was a really bad idea. I have been on both types and know both pretty well, enough to prefere PvE server. For those who doesn't know what is a PvP server, explaining. At lvl 30 you become a white name and hunting season starting - and you are the prey. I remember being pked doing a culti under Heaven's Tear..a warm welcome.
    Did I mentioned the dropping gear? Yes, being pked even if you are a white name may cause you to drop gear/flyer etc. wich often is the reason you have been pked.
    What is rpk? Let's say you farming herbs, questing, anything. Then someone usually 30 to 50 levels higher than you comes and pking you. Why? Because you were there, that's all. Your choice? Escape to safe zone and stay there, not farming, or becoming a very high level with end-game gear.......

So, we been 'hiding' behind our blue names? Is that all you have to say. We have been blue names all life. It is our free choice to pk or not at PvE servers, wich actually made them so populated. People from LC harrasing us in chat now for being weak and poor. Maybe we are, but I repeat - one of the free rights and privileges of PWI was choosing our fate. You PvP players asking why you spent so many years and money upgrading your gear and now some ignorant blue names don't want you to kill them. Enough? Well, we have our passion and it is not killing players, it's a free choice to do it or not.
    At all servers even the non-paying players are of importance, everyone is of importance. Some people don't have money for gear and/or skills/whatever and they farm herbs, mats etc. If you force the servers to be in PvP, most of these people will just leave. Most of PvP players complaining why they spent so much, but don't forget how low populated your servers were tough guys. For now we feel like - well, we had built a base and now the orcs came.....

Whoever had the bright idea to mix together PvP and non-PvP players gotta be shot. For this was the ultimate nonsence PWI ever created. Yes, I am weak and yes, I am poor - and yes, I do NOT PvP. And I am not the only one. If you suit all PvPers and trasform the servers into pk servers or alter the rules, you are losing us PWI guys - the PvE players. And we are much more. Think about that. Because we too, are making your game.

My suggestions are:

- PWI to separate PvP and PvE players by creating a PvP server
    - All players to receive a free choice to migrate to another server ONLY ONCE per account.

Post edited by invul1 on
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    invul1 wrote: »
    People from LC harrasing us in chat now for being weak and poor
    Common, you are taking this serious? That drake-thingy is just flamebating. That's like taking "yo momma" jokes serious. After the announcement of the server merges my alts got pk'ed 6x. That's more than you got attacked within a year normally. At last few days of the server some kids were very busy to create a lc history which never existed.
    Main pk was always versus KOS factions. And that's totally ok with me.

I'd even support to let this happen on PvE servers (feature to let factions leaders declare war against each other so they can fight each other even in blue-name mode).

Btw, beeing poor is part of the game. If you aren't, you wasted way too many $ =P
    You remember the original costs of a warsong weapon? Or getting +12 on an item? Don't fall for it.
    Post edited by tet on
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    tet wrote: »
    I'd even support to let this happen on PvE servers (feature to let factions leaders declare war against each other so they can fight each other even in blue-name mode).

I don't think they would be able to technically do it, but I fînd this idea very interesting.
This discussion has been closed.