How do you like this idea?

Options
wadzio
wadzio Posts: 34 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Suggestion Box
So there is going to be a server merge. Let's be honest its a good move. All servers are lacking activity and merging them will for sure bring more fun and activity to the game. We went thru many changes in this game, but this one actually has a chance to have a positive impact. There are some issues though coming with those server merges - servers becoming PvE (no PvP server), HL server merging into EU server (so changing time and from PvP to PvE). But this is actually showing us that the data can be transfered and it doesnt matter where ur server is located now. I probably can suggest a solution that would make everyone to be able to pick what they wanna do now.

PWI should announce that all current server will be shut down with next server maintenence. You could log to ARC and select to which server your account will be transfered
1. Etherblade (West)
2. Twilight Temple (West)
3. Raging Tides (East)
4. Dawnglory (EU)

PWI should make 1 of the West servers PvP and other PvE. The Raging Tides and Dawnglory servers should remain PvE as all the current servers are that way now. Why it would be good?
1. European players on East or West Coast could go to Dawnglory server.
2. Players that are on LC and HL now that are tired of PvP could change their choice and go to PvE server
3. Players that are on LC and HL now that still wanna PvP could still stay on a server with same PvP settings.
4. Players that are now on PvE servers, but like to PvP could pick a PvP server and enjoy that part of the game.
5. Players could pick a server that the time of events suit more their rl schedule.

So PWI players would you like to see the merge of servers done this way?? How do you like this idea?

Lets show the PWI GMs and CMs that it can be done better and reconsider their current idea of server merge! Please give ur input too!
Post edited by ovenusarmanio on

How do you like this idea? 63 votes

Yes, PWI should really do it!!
82%
bloodedone87schatzi90aldabreshirocky19wadziodaymondnickbits1skorzenytricksiesilvertakchristos1974geirskokulcharysin20solamniedarek1zlliagoshchristallinereaperarm1knighty9hits 52 votes
No, its lame idea
17%
hypereccentriksylenthunderrazzzzashimarrabailey1987zeniuscimonthediggernoshowkingryan2shadyx5theblob3 11 votes

Comments

• shioso
    shioso Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    i know it would be a shitload of work for PWE but see it like that..it would be so great if PWE could really grant this to players as a once-in-a-lifetime-choice
    EU players could finally move to a server in their timezone without having to refarm every single item
    and others could switch to pvp server (if they even make one) and vice versa

i mean i like my server and all but it would be so darn great if i could actually attend Events for once!
  • nickbits1
    nickbits1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Well it's a good idea, but it's not easy to be done. You can't know if servers are gonna be balanced. Imagine if 70% of PWI people choose Twillight Temple server, then all the other servers are gonna be dead and Twillight Temple server gonna be overpopulated and cause issues! GM's didn't just randomly picked 2 servers and said those 2 will be merged.
    They chose the servers according to their activity, only that way all the new servers will be balanced and active.
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    Options
    This thread was moved and most likely be ignored now by PWI.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• unbarb
    unbarb Posts: 68 Arc User
    Options
    You know what ? Your
    wadzio wrote: »
    PWI should announce that all current server will be shut down with next server maintenence. You could log to ARC and select to which server your account will be transfered
    1. Etherblade (West)
    2. Twilight Temple (West)
    3. Raging Tides (East)
    4. Dawnglory (EU)

PWI should make 1 of the West servers PvP and other PvE. The Raging Tides and Dawnglory servers should remain PvE as all the current servers are that way now. Why it would be good?
    1. European players on East or West Coast could go to Dawnglory server.
    2. Players that are on LC and HL now that are tired of PvP could change their choice and go to PvE server
    3. Players that are on LC and HL now that still wanna PvP could still stay on a server with same PvP settings.
    4. Players that are now on PvE servers, but like to PvP could pick a PvP server and enjoy that part of the game.
    5. Players could pick a server that the time of events suit more their rl schedule.

So PWI players would you like to see the merge of servers done this way?? How do you like this idea?

Lets show the PWI GMs and CMs that it can be done better and reconsider their current idea of server merge! Please give ur input too!

Here is the solution... The best solution, with this way no1 get transfered to the server they dont want...

ARC PLEASE, CAN YOU HEAR OUR DEMANDS? YOU HAVE STARTED YOUR UPCOMING SERVER MERGE THREAD BY "You asked for it!" ... We are asking for this now. THE HL players that live in US will not be able to play anymore if you dont take the idea... Any GMs in this game?
  • unbarb
    unbarb Posts: 68 Arc User
    Options
    best way to hide this thread was to send it to the Suggestion Box because no1 goes there... This post should be on top page in general discussion, here no1 can see/find it to vote! The players would massively vote yes, thats why they hide it.
  • bosenbangetgue
    bosenbangetgue Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ****! I LIKE MY PVP SERVER!

I LIKE RPKING, GANKING, CAMPING PEOPLE, LOWBIES OR NO, NEWBIES OR I DON'T GIVE A *****!

JUST KEEP THE LOST CITY MERGE AS A PVP SERVER.

NOTE THAT GM! READ MY COMMENT AND THREAD ABOVE!

- Lost City RPKers, Gankers, KOSers and such -

​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    @wadzio

Either way the system would not be able to handle this. So Its not going to happen. Its taken days / weeks / months / years to pull this server merge off anyway will help from lots and lots of people about how when and why. ARC simply is not designed for this kind of operation. I like the idea my self as im sure many would.

On a positive note at least they will be taking into account event times!

Really going to ask that the suggestions are left until we know what happens with the merge. Since to the point they are doing it the way that has been planned and at the moment its going to be hard to change anything at short notice.

At a point of asking maybe they should have asked the players first... Someone would be unhappy no matter what happens!

@ovenusarmanio - Please would you close this if you need to.

Thanks.
  • nibblescookiess
    nibblescookiess Posts: 33 Arc User
    Options
    yeah i want to go Dawnglory with my toon on Raging Tides .... viva the mergalution o/
  • opalhs
    opalhs Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    +1 unbarb
    unbarb wrote: »
    best way to hide this thread was to send it to the Suggestion Box because no1 goes there... This post should be on top page in general discussion, here no1 can see/find it to vote! The players would massively vote yes, thats why they hide it.

Exactly,like thay are trying to hide it...

My poll had 102 votes in 7 hours.This poll exist allmost 3 days and have only 42 votes

We should make new poll so ppl can vote to bring this threed in general discusion and to change name of threed :)

• aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Options
    Your poll is based on a premise, that players will be able to move their toon from one server to another. Afaik, that is not possible. Players generally stick with the toon they've been developing for ages...
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • juntonio
    juntonio Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    I voted yes for this reason:

When I started, 7 years ago according to my ancient tome, there was no option to choose a EU server.
    So i was forced into an american server with TW times ranging between frigging hell it's late and I'm late to go to work, which is 6-7 am...

Since I play a veno, over the years I've acquired a hercules and a phoenix, fairly expensive stuff.
    So either way I'm sticking with this char, without ever having the option of choosing what time zone I wanted to be in.
    Now the only event I can do is the ludacrest one which runs between 6am and 7 am for me.
    Loads and loads of fun.
    In my guild, there are always around 5-10 people online due to the time-difference.

So a big fat YES DO IT NOW! for me.
  • juntonio
    juntonio Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Btw, I don't like that you GM's close off all the topics with more relevant titles about this subject and leave thisone like it is.
    If you want to comment on this subject this is one of the last topics you'd open, because of the vague title.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    No, its lame idea
    Honestly I come from pve server so this doesn't really bother me, but a good idea would be to put Secret Passage and Cave of Sadistic Glee into blue name pk mode like PW has accidentally done before. Also when we get the gold name for RW that could be an forced hour in pk mode as well but like blue name no risk of dropping items.
  • tat2edlady
    tat2edlady Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    So, we are at a problem as most PvP players starting to protest they been moved to an PvE server and mocking PvE players. Maybe they have some right to do that. Problem is the morale and some rules are different at both types of servers. Merging PvE with PvP people was actually a very bad idea. If you make the new servers to have mixed PvP rules, be sure you will lose most PvE players - I mean, like 12 hours everyone be white name, next 12 hours blue name and vice versa. At Twilight Temple the PvP players keep staying white names and they pretend someone p r o m i s e d them the new server to become PvP. That is becoming a conflict, and honestly gentlemen - if you make my new server become PvP, I am just leaving the game but I will be not the only one.
    My suggestion is same - PWI to create a one-time, one-way ticket for people who want to migrate thru servers to go to desired type of play OR their timezone. For example, I am from Sanctuary but live in Europe, most HL players are from Americas etc. Being a PvE or a PvP player is a free choice and ever been. To keep the game alive you should never break that rule.