bellaviv Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    What about factions having same names?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    bellaviv wrote: »

It is currently assumed that their names will be appended the same as the players. I imagine identical faction names is less common though.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bellaviv
    bellaviv Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    bellaviv wrote: »

It is currently assumed that their names will be appended the same as the players. I imagine identical faction names is less common though.​​

I am super glad Morai players names are not changing, too bad if faction and players have same names on HL. I guess old players with simple names might get a problem there. Too bad.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Options
    Harshlands must be a PVP server. PVPers must PVP it is a culture. make sure the "Dawn Glory" server is also set for PVP.egg-44.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

• gohantthealmight
    gohantthealmight Posts: 61 Arc User
    Options
    PWI Merge both PVP servers together, there are only 2 PVP servers i dont see the reason why those should not be merge. We want the PVP to still happen, that is the reason the server was created and many decided to spend most of their game time in. Do not change this to PVE is not the same no matter how many events you add or whatever else is being added.
    -Harshlands was created on Eastern Time server there for you will end up messing up EVERYONE'S gaming time and events, as for the EU people in Harshlands that was their choice to move in to the server knowing the server schedule and all. You are basically forcing all of us to either quit PWI or miss all the events in general, you guys realize we have jobs, school, and lives to live thats why the time and events already fit in as it is. Merge will ruin all that even if it is just for this one server having to lose the time zone, and both PVP servers losing the PVP..
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Options
    This move is just another slip down the rope that PWE has been hanging onto for dear life.
    They are doing this to cut over head costs. With the recent employee layoffs, and this server merger, they dont have much left to do other then a complete merger, after that it is bye bye all servers.

They arent going to change it back. They screwed over HL server so bad that there is only Dailies left to do, and a late TW (for 90% of the server anyway).
    You can still PvP, just wont be able to gank the lower leveled people / lesser geared players as much. The world chat **** talk will increase though, because if anyone is blue named, they will be trashed talked about it.

When map resets, who the hell is waking up for the early wars? The EU server players will likely dominate the map, until TW times are set back to mostly late wars. Being 3 month TW seasons, this is an advantage for the EU players. We all know how well TW resets are times. According to PWE 6 months is more like 8-9 months before it is actually reset. Maybe something implemented in bidding on land is a time slot they can pick? Ya, wont happen I know.
    NGTUy53.png

• matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    Options
    why all devil who want PVP must use PK mode idk what want next no all have master card for me VOTE ALL PVE SERVER !
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    Options
    While i am upset over the loss of my pvp server(goodbye fun RW, I will miss you QQ) I am more upset about the time. For people like me, we cant tw at the early ones because our family and other obligations just dont allow it. I do foresee that the EU players will dominate the TW map and the events, if only because the majority of HL players cant be on at those times. At this point though, who knows. Maybe we'll get a 3rd TW timeslot for 2am. I doubt it, but i can dream cant i?
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lool 3rd TW time why omg :D me TW play 2am and NW same and no here :'(
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    matthew4 wrote: »
    lool 3rd TW time why omg :D me TW play 2am and NW same and no here :'(

And look at what that has done to your ability to communicate, perhaps those of us in HL want to be able to be understood still.

Bottom line, placing those of us from Harshlands into an EU server is asinine and places us at a distinct disadvantage to the players that will have the events at a time based upon being an EU server.

The best counter argument EU players can come up with is the weak one that they had the endure US times when they signed onto US servers and countless times I've seen our retorts back that easily dismiss that stupid apples to oranges comparison.

Bottom line, a smarter merge for HL is into on of the new US servers and leave the EU as they sit currently as the boast has been for quite some time that they have a higher population anyway.

If wishes could be granted, I'd say place HL and LC together as a PVP server which would resolve the two largest complaints in one fell swoop.
  • vonheltr
    vonheltr Posts: 15 Arc User
    Options
    PVP question? If you are forced from a PVP server to a PVE, just go white name and you can do PVP with other white names. This is still technically a PVP server is it not? You just don't have the ability to attack blue name people who do not want to be bothered for whatever their reasons.
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    vonheltr wrote: »
    PVP question? If you are forced from a PVP server to a PVE, just go white name and you can do PVP with other white names. This is still technically a PVP server is it not? You just don't have the ability to attack blue name people who do not want to be bothered for whatever their reasons.

This is not the same, trust me.
    I've played several years on a PVP server (PW-MY version). And I've played on Morai for almost 4 years. On Morai I've been white name 99% of the time during more than 3 years (since my level 70 or so). And this just not the same.
    That being said, this is not that bad (but I've never been interested in RPK in the first place)
  • bosenbangetgue
    bosenbangetgue Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options

No brah, it's different.

You can one-shot those 30ish players and camping them all day and be just like LOOOOLZZZZ.

Is it about bullying? Sure hell it is!

Those 30ish will find (or already have) r9rr +12 JOSD friends to revenge back and THAT'S WHEN THE FUN BEGINS!

Our red-named will be server KOS, faction KOS whatever.. and every place isn't save except SZ.

Like, we do dailies in Primal then suddenly there someone wants to RPK you but you're a r9rr +12 JOSDs so it becomes r9rr +12 JOSDs PK against the same level, then from one RPK, they summon their friends then suddenly it became massive PK just like TW but it happened in world map and it happened accidentally.

IT'S SUUUUUPER FUUUNN!!

Guess what? It's just happened because we camping a lowbie that has OP friend, isn't that interesting?

No one will trash talk on world chat except those -snip- that never go out SZ like all time.

So PWI..

DON'T -snip -WITH THE FUN THAT WE ALREADY HAVE!

- Lost City's PvPers, RPKers, KOSers, Gankers and such -

​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    For the sake of argument:

Some people chose pvp because they like pvp, be it random or not

Some people chose pve because they dislike pvp or dislike being forced to pvp

On a pve server, you can set yourself to pk, if everyone from pvp servers do this, not a lot changes, you just can't MUH GANKS AND RPK BLUE NAMES

So here's the thing, what's stopping everyone that was on a pvp server, to go to pk mode and never look at that pk button ever again?
    Everyone that was once in PK will now be in PK
    Everyone that was pve can simply stay pve.

But my guess here is that you pvp crybabies are afraid people from pvp servers won't use that shiny pk button, or use it to go blue name. Because they can.
    At least you then know who the real cowards are on your old server tiger-18.gif

And as a final note:
    >implying pk was anywhere near active on any server anyway
    ​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    For the record to show where I stand in terms of pvp, I can count maybe 10 times perhaps I've been red named and likely half were by mistake. That said I play on a pvp server for the danger factor, that I have to keep my eyes open and watch for people that may jump me. I say now that I'll remain white named to keep that going but the ability to go blue named might be a temptation. Right now, I don't have that crutch to fall back on and if I talk **** to anyone, I have to be prepared for the consequences. Not all that wish to remain as pvp are there to be bullies, some of us like the attempts of bullies especially when it doesn't work out well for them. As a side note before anyone goes there too, I've never called anyone for help, I'm a social loner if that makes any sense.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Options

No brah, it's different.

You can one-shot those 30ish players and camping them all day and be just like LOOOOLZZZZ.

Those 30ish will find (or already have) r9rr +12 JOSD friends to revenge back and THAT'S WHEN THE FUN BEGINS!

Our red-named will be server KOS, faction KOS whatever.. and every place isn't save except SZ.

Like, we do dailies in Primal then suddenly there someone wants to RPK you but you're a r9rr +12 JOSDs so it becomes r9rr +12 JOSDs PK against the same level, then from one RPK, they summon their friends then suddenly it became massive PK just like TW but it happened in world map and it happened accidentally.

IT'S SUUUUUPER FUUUNN!!

Guess what? It's just happened because we camping a lowbie that has OP friend, isn't that interesting?

No one will trash talk on world chat except those -snip- that never go out SZ like all time.

So PWI..

DON'T -snip- WITH THE FUN THAT WE ALREADY HAVE!

This will still happen if all of you people who want to participate in that kind of thing are in PK mode.

For those of us that don't, we aren't affected by your arrogance, and don't have to worry about getting ganked by someone who can't take a real challenge.

All of your friends who like PvP, will still be sitting out there vulnerable in PK mode. Those of us who don't want to participate, won't have to.
    PvP is a choice, and I left Lost City a long time ago because I got tired of the people who feel good about killing little people that can't possibly defend themselves.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    The only way I'd be okay with a pve server is if they forced pvp mode during events. Tigers, RW, Primal world boss, etc.

So that being said if that's not possible, I'd really prefer LC and HL just get merged together instead.​​
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    Options
    chary wrote: »
    The only way I'd be okay with a pve server is if they forced pvp mode during events. Tigers, RW, Primal world boss, etc.

So that being said if that's not possible, I'd really prefer LC and HL just get merged together instead.​​

RW I can understand forcing people into pvp mode for but I don't think it should be forced for pve activities such as tigers, primal world boss etc.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    Brah, both of those events are pvp/pve and no one can tell me otherwise.​​
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sylenthunder, you often talk about that we won't be able to PK lowbies and free to kill others. But it's not just lowbies who turn on blue name, it can be 105x105x105+12josd+np2rb. Is it challenging enough or it's just poor lowbie-don't-touch-him-he-is-only-doing-his-dailies? pig-2.gif Don't tell me they will not hide in safe mode or "you all can go for white names". Yes I will, but how can we encourage all the rest to come out? And also don't ask me why I want to attack that particular r9+12+105blablabla. Just because. I signed to play white permanently and risk. I also prefer all the ppl around to be in same boat. It's fun, it bonds. You won't understand, if you escaped server because you was camped. I was also PKed, started 6 years ago, I didn't die (irl), didn't even QQ, it's a part of game.

Btw when I played on PvE server I encountered situations like this: someone blue named quests near you, then suddenly turns white and attacks. You can't react because he scanned your gear and made sure he is stronger. Next time you see him and want to revenge, he is blue named... permanently, questing near and winking. Trust me it's way more frustrating than getting PKed once in ages.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • reaperarm1
    edited July 2015
    Options
    chary wrote: »
    Brah, both of those events are pvp/pve and no one can tell me otherwise.​​

I'd have to disagree. The big boy factions turn them into pvp events so they can have it all to themselves. Actually your faction is one of the main culprits when it comes to hogging pve events by killing anyone else that tries to participate *cough* drake *cough*. No reason for pvp mode to be forced when you're at an event where you're supposed to be killing mobs and bosses not other players. Looks like more people will have a fair chance at drake now atleast.
  • shade13
    edited July 2015
    Options
    reaperarm1 wrote: »
    No reason for pvp mode to be forced when you're at an event where you're supposed to be killing mobs and bosses not other players. Looks like more people will have a fair chance at drake now atleast.
    Suddenly... you are supposed to kill players on RW and prevent them from killing your carts and bases (:

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • reaperarm1
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    No reason for pvp mode to be forced when you're at an event where you're supposed to be killing mobs and bosses not other players. Looks like more people will have a fair chance at drake now atleast.
    Suddenly... you are supposed to kill players on RW and prevent them from killing your carts and bases (:

​​

If you read my other post I said I agree RW should force pvp mode. The rest are pve events and should'nt.
  • shade13
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If you read my other post I said I agree RW should force pvp mode. The rest are pve events and should'nt.
    Overlooked indeed. But I would exclude primal boss from pure pve activities as well. There are enough pve events in game and they are deadly boring as a rule. Even NW is relatively pve in a way: even if you are hardly dressed and pure fail at pvp, you can come and win something.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    When i played on Harshlands the larger factions were rarely RPK. Did this change?
    m5arXCN.png
  • bosenbangetgue
    bosenbangetgue Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options

No brah, it's different.

IT'S SUUUUUPER FUUUNN!!

So PWI..

DON'T -snip- WITH THE FUN THAT WE ALREADY HAVE!

This will still happen if all of you people who want to participate in that kind of thing are in PK mode.

For those of us that don't, we aren't affected by your arrogance, and don't have to worry about getting ganked by someone who can't take a real challenge.

All of your friends who like PvP, will still be sitting out there vulnerable in PK mode. Those of us who don't want to participate, won't have to.
    PvP is a choice, and I left Lost City a long time ago because I got tired of the people who feel good about killing little people that can't possibly defend themselves.

-snip-

The sensation of suddenly being jumped in and watch my screen got red blinking, tried to punch back but then die in a couple of shot while doing dailies was suuuuperr exciting as ****!!!

- Lost City's RPKers, PvPers, Gankers, KOSers and such -​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options

No brah, it's different.

IT'S SUUUUUPER FUUUNN!!

No one will trash talk on world chat except those lowlife p*ssies that never go out SZ like all time.

So PWI..

DON'T F*CK WITH THE FUN THAT WE ALREADY HAVE!

PvP is a choice, and I left Lost City a long time ago because I got tired of the people who feel good about killing little people that can't possibly defend themselves.

-snip-

The sensation of suddenly being jumped in and watch my screen got red blinking, tried to punch back but then die in a couple of shot while doing dailies was suuuuperr exciting as ****

- Lost City's RPKers, PvPers, Gankers, KOSers and such -

The fact that is super exciting for you doesnt mean it has to be for the rest of us.​​
    giphy.gif

• kingzisekev
    kingzisekev Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    -snip-

Concerning EU. Maybe i speak for myself but quite alot agreed , what about turning back the time on the EU server by 2 hours? that way for harshlands the time difference would only be 3 hours instead of 5? Thats the best idea i can think of , would mean 10pm TW's for EU but its 'doable' and as far as i can see it would be the fairest option. I hope they will at least make it so that events both HL and EU can participate.

Anyways Harshlands Greetings from Morai. I feel your pain and i wish that things work out ok. Otherwise there isn't much point to the merge if half the server quits ._. ​​
  • amo0olh
    amo0olh Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    I hope change merger

Dw/ whit /morei

plz

or do somthing for Send money or armor to other server

and dont forget Fix FC

Because I do not get a good squ to do PV

Always fail and waste time in my token

so pllz
    cssrfF5.gif
  • voluminous
    voluminous Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    PvE = Poor Communist thinking that they are rich. They botted for years before Dragon quest items were 1 coin each. And they compared their mass coins server to Lost City, you bot you get pked server.

PWI, the PWRD merged won't even save your business.

PvP = Cashshoppers that spends to be powerful and able to show that everyday.

PvP server should merge with PvP Server.

Terrible decision.