Server Merge FAQ

13468915

Comments

  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Question on the double sized (merged) stash area's

    Has there been any problems in the simulations of the merging of the 'Stash zones' with identical items? Do they correctly {stay in separate slots / Merge into 1-slot cleanly / or has there been any issues with the mergers corrupting the items data's?}

    "Should we pull identical items from one of the two stash zones, just to be safe??"



    PS: one more question please >> Is the new merged Etherblade (server) just going to be a namesake of the old Etherblade server (and not the old-1 with its buggy as "all heck" old hardware setup)? there were major reasons why it was taken off the main line players access... "So please tell me that this one is only going to be an entirely new namesake of it only..."



    asterelle wrote: »
    mintsummer wrote: »
    All event gold/gold/coins will be saved. Only demon/sage ticket will be deleted.

    I'd still recommend for people to take their coins out of the AH (200m limit) and account stash (2b limit) since it's not clear how those two will be able to handle overflow when they are combined. The safest place to keep coins will be in your inventory / bank.
    ​​

    Agreed ^^ Best to be safe on safeguarding your coin, rather then risk the loss of ones in-game savings... ;)

    Post edited by seitori on
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    cococya wrote: »

    International means 2 or more nations. Your premise is wrong, your point is invalid, gtfo.
    ​​

    It was false advertising. At least 6 months before server start I saw promotions of Perfect Wolrd International on dozens (national) website in Germany. How do you think did so many people all over the world "find" this game? Severs would have been empty without us since there was already a big player on the US market (there are 317m citizen in the USA and how many play this game..?).

    The promotion on those websites was in German. They called it "International". Even on their homepage was no hint that servers are located in the USA. I heard about it for the first time after playing this game already for a year. At this time it wasn't a big deal because it just affected TW (even snake island race was broken when server started, most other events didn't exist).

  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 227 Arc User
    I think there will be cross-server NW. Look at the size of this map.
    11728880_391250677736044_838126344884586462_o.jpg
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    zentfamily wrote: »
    I think there will be cross-server NW. Look at the size of this map.
    11728880_391250677736044_838126344884586462_o.jpg

    Isn't this the old map that we had also used for some time ?
    And look at that :
  • timasdrub
    timasdrub Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    opalhs wrote: »
    poppyfey wrote: »
    About the Harshlands - Morai merge, For all of you saying things like: "oh we EU players also had to stay awake for tw so stop qquing" please stop with this kind of non sense statements. Here's what:

    By the time you (EU) created your character you did create it in a East Cost server so you knew what to expect. Sure you had no other option at the time but you always had the choice not to play pwi and go play some other game. In the end when you clicked "start" you knew what to expect and by clicking it you did agree with it.

    Now U.S. players being transfered to EU times HAVE NO CHOICE! After spending thousands of dollars in this game, they are being forced to move to a time zone they can't not play! How is this fair? Imo it shows (again) how unnapreciated players are for pwi, they just don't care about the players. If it was some other game, perhaps U.S. players could create a new toon in a server with a schedule that suits them better but, being pwi, and taking under consideration how much money it costs to gear a toon that is also not an option for them.

    There is a huge difference between an EU player CHOSING to create a character in a East Cost server and a U.S. player being FORCED to go to a EU server.

    EU players was forced too,this game name is Perfect World INTERNATIONAL not Perfect Wolrd USA.Not everyone in EU speak russian/german/french.

    Weird how you complaining about that now?When its bad for you,why didnt you suport EU players for last 6 years?EU players was complaining for that for last 6 years and you ppl was just thinking about yourself,and teling EU ppl to GTFO from your server eaven if thay allready invested alot of time and money?And now when you are in that situation you wana cahnge event time after you told to EU ppl to GTFO from your server,you dont have right to do that.

    Instead of thinking just about your problem,you should look at it GLOBALY and support idea about SERVER TRANSFER STONE or something like that so everyone can chose server thay want from now to eternity and everyone would be happy.

    Do you even know how to read? Yes, it's Perfect World International but, when EU players, like myself, signed in, the only option was to select american based servers, there were no EU based ones, and so i did. If you did not want to sign, you didn't have too: no one was pointing a gun saying "play this game, or else". I never attacked EU players that wanted a change to EU server, but support EU players? Why would i support a claim to something that was an option on the person's part, and not something that was forced upon them? I have to pay so that someone that WILLINGLY accepted the terms as they were be catered to? Sorry, i'm not WILLING to pay for other people's bad CHOICES!

    I'm from EU and i prefer the EST timezone I SIGNED UP FOR, without anyone forcing me to do so. If you're from EU too and it didn't suit you, once it came to the part to select server, it was plain to see all servers were EST and PST. Guess what? Think about your commitments and decide if you want to play, since you are subject to those hours.

    Now you really want to compare with people that signed for EST time, accepted what came with that choice, made investments accordingly to their free and conscientious choice, and now they are FORCED, not willingly moved to a CET timezone?. What if it was the other way around? What if you had signed for a CET server and the change to EST was forced upon you? What if Morai/HL merge would move timezone to EST?

    EU servers came much later, so you had a few years to realize EST time wasn't for you, before investing time and money in this game. If you claim you played so long in EST time, than it shouldn't be a real problem for you to continue playing in EST server. If it was a real problem, then you would have quit or refrain from investing anything worthwhile in game you were unable to play, and any reasonable person would arrive at that conclusion even before EU servers existed.

    Let me guess, i choose a game that only exists in China, willingly sign up for that game, then complain that it doesn't suit me, so THEY are the ones that have to change? Awesome thinking for someone who's so worried about the global picture.

    Tell you what. I'll sign a contract with you to sell you a TV. After all is taken cared of, i'll switch the TV for a toaster? We have a deal?

    Oh, nevermind, seems you prefer to sign a contract for a TV, use it for a few years even though you hate it, get TIVO for it, a big **** surround system and blueray, then complain that a new incompatible model came out that better suits your needs, blame everyone else for your poor choice, then consider everyone else liable for it.
    Post edited by timasdrub on
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    timasdrub wrote: »
    I'm from EU and i prefer the EST timezone I SIGNED UP FOR, without anyone forcing me to do so. If you're from EU too and it didn't suit you, once it came to the part to select server, it was plain to see all servers were EST and PST. Guess what? Think about your commitments and decide if you want to play, since you are subject to those hours.

    Now you really want to compare with people that signed for EST time, accepted what came with that choice, made investments accordingly to their free and conscientious choice, and now they are FORCED, not willingly moved to a CET timezone?. What if it was the other way around? What if you had signed for a CET server and the change to EST was forced upon you? What if Morai/HL merge would move timezone to EST?

    EU servers came much later, so you had a few years to realize EST time wasn't for you, before investing time and money in this game. If you claim you played so long in EST time, than it shouldn't be a real problem for you to continue playing in EST server. If it was a real problem, then you would have quit or refrain from investing anything worthwhile in game you were unable to play, and any reasonable person would arrive at that conclusion even before EU servers existed.

    Let me guess, i choose a game that only exists in China, willingly sign up for that game, then complain that it doesn't suit me, so THEY are the ones that have to change? Awesome thinking for someone who's so worried about the global picture.

    While i agree with you somehow.. i also disagree in the same sentence.
    I started back in late 08, early 09 and choose Harshlands because A it was pvp which was fun BACK THEN and B it was the lowest ping from my end.
    I informed myself what kind of events i would miss and only TW was the event i would not paticipate much and i was ok with it.
    So after they added more and more and more events to the game players litteraly begged for timeslots that suits other poeple then the east ones well.
    Its not too hard to imagine right? yea but we never got it and got slapped with the same old sentences that we should switch servers when we want our timezones.
    Its right yes but its wrong in terms of INTERNATIONAL PWI regardless of the server itself is located in the east.

    So we kinda had to suck it up because you know.. i dont have too much interest in leaving my character to rot where alot of time and money went into.
    The same way you see it.

    So yea now its something different and all the nay sayers crawl out of their nasty holes and cry them a river of how unfair the situation is and noone can do events because of rl and stuff.
    WELL NO **** MAN hope you enjoy.

    hope PWI dont **** out on this one because i really like the idea of having nice event times for once and i dont mind some of those crybabys to leave the game.

    :'(:*:'( ​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    zentfamily wrote: »
    I think there will be cross-server NW. Look at the size of this map.
    11728880_391250677736044_838126344884586462_o.jpg

    No Zent. China always had a bigger NW map than we have. There are more people playing the game there than here.
    But I think they will increase our map too due to server merge and the increase of number of players.
    The post clearly says Cross-server pvp events and NW. It would have said Cross-server NW if we were to get that.
    That or enelimm did a mistake there .
    https://www.google.ro/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAAahUKEwj1v_CywYPHAhVPKNsKHcapAEY&url=http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9470983-important%3A-upcoming-server-merges!&ei=c3C6VbW6Fc_Q7AbG04KwBA&usg=AFQjCNESqkvazg-wmqMnIud5MlYN9EgOQg&sig2=LA2vx6GVUi0odJozsAW9aw&bvm=bv.99028883,d.ZGU
    giphy.gif



  • timasdrub
    timasdrub Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    razzzza wrote: »
    timasdrub wrote: »
    I'm from EU and i prefer the EST timezone I SIGNED UP FOR, without anyone forcing me to do so. If you're from EU too and it didn't suit you, once it came to the part to select server, it was plain to see all servers were EST and PST. Guess what? Think about your commitments and decide if you want to play, since you are subject to those hours.

    Now you really want to compare with people that signed for EST time, accepted what came with that choice, made investments accordingly to their free and conscientious choice, and now they are FORCED, not willingly moved to a CET timezone?. What if it was the other way around? What if you had signed for a CET server and the change to EST was forced upon you? What if Morai/HL merge would move timezone to EST?

    EU servers came much later, so you had a few years to realize EST time wasn't for you, before investing time and money in this game. If you claim you played so long in EST time, than it shouldn't be a real problem for you to continue playing in EST server. If it was a real problem, then you would have quit or refrain from investing anything worthwhile in game you were unable to play, and any reasonable person would arrive at that conclusion even before EU servers existed.

    Let me guess, i choose a game that only exists in China, willingly sign up for that game, then complain that it doesn't suit me, so THEY are the ones that have to change? Awesome thinking for someone who's so worried about the global picture.

    While i agree with you somehow.. i also disagree in the same sentence.
    I started back in late 08, early 09 and choose Harshlands because A it was pvp which was fun BACK THEN and B it was the lowest ping from my end.
    I informed myself what kind of events i would miss and only TW was the event i would not paticipate much and i was ok with it.
    So after they added more and more and more events to the game players litteraly begged for timeslots that suits other poeple then the east ones well.
    Its not too hard to imagine right? yea but we never got it and got slapped with the same old sentences that we should switch servers when we want our timezones.
    Its right yes but its wrong in terms of INTERNATIONAL PWI regardless of the server itself is located in the east.

    So we kinda had to suck it up because you know.. i dont have too much interest in leaving my character to rot where alot of time and money went into.
    The same way you see it.

    So yea now its something different and all the nay sayers crawl out of their nasty holes and cry them a river of how unfair the situation is and noone can do events because of rl and stuff.
    WELL NO **** MAN hope you enjoy.

    hope PWI dont **** out on this one because i really like the idea of having nice event times for once and i dont mind some of those crybabys to leave the game.

    :'(:*:'( ​​

    Yes, and once myself or any reasonable other person signs up for the first time, they know every last one event, PRESENT OR FUTURE will be according with the timezone you signed up for. Plan and act accordingly to it.
    Besides the same people you claim are "crying a river" just expect what they sign up for, i.e. the binding contract you sign for once you click on the accept button, no matter how much people would like to think it's not a real one. What is to be expected in a civilized society: No more, no less. That's more than can be said for the "cry babies" that want to rediscuss terms years after they freely accepted them, and worst off, impose them on the others.
  • shtalenkov
    shtalenkov Posts: 31 Arc User
    zoldickun wrote: »
    zentfamily wrote: »
    I think there will be cross-server NW. Look at the size of this map.
    11728880_391250677736044_838126344884586462_o.jpg

    Isn't this the old map that we had also used for some time ?
    Yes. They reduced our NW map because we don't have cross-server NW like you see on the picture.

  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    timasdrub wrote: »
    Yes, and once myself or any reasonable other person signs up for the first time, they know every last one event, PRESENT OR FUTURE will be according with the timezone you signed up for. Plan and act accordingly to it.
    Besides the same people you claim are "crying a river" just expect what they sign up for, i.e. the binding contract you sign for once you click on the accept button, no matter how much people would like to think it's not a real one. What is to be expected in a civilized society: No more, no less. That's more than can be said for the "cry babies" that want to rediscuss terms years after they freely accepted them, and worst off, impose them on the others.

    Well it was advertised as international (thats how i found PWI) and i hoped that they have timeslots for everyone and not ONLY for the east ones.
    Not one single event was timed at a reasonable timeslot for other then east people (yes you can argue about that there where little quiz events or some sort of things that where meant to be held at 2pm or something and we could paticipate but thats not the point) and it got worse by the update.
    different days but the timeslots where terrible for people outside east. yes you could still stomp on the argument that i signed up for an east coast server and should expect something around those lines to happen but i expected more then that from a game who wrote international big and bright like PWI did.
    So and now people from east argue about all that and other people argue about different opinions about this situation.
    Would they offer me a servertransfer to a eu server i would probably accept in a heartbeat and would never look back at harshlands but with the servermerge i dont need those... other people would need them now but if they get it... well its a different story.

    When not.. well it doesnt matter how long you played and how much money went into your character right? you can always start fresh and new like we should have done it back when eu server started up mouse-1.gif

    needless to say you signed up for an international server, we signed up for an international server... it stays internetional just your ping and time changes whats the deal you still can play no?
    There are still east server up after merge, you can switch there if rl time is an issue ​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • lovecrypts
    lovecrypts Posts: 1 Arc User
    Haven't seen anything about Commission Shop.
    Will this be affect in negative way, like reset?
    Or all shops will be listed and just add together?
  • timasdrub
    timasdrub Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    razzzza wrote: »
    timasdrub wrote: »
    Yes, and once myself or any reasonable other person signs up for the first time, they know every last one event, PRESENT OR FUTURE will be according with the timezone you signed up for. Plan and act accordingly to it.
    Besides the same people you claim are "crying a river" just expect what they sign up for, i.e. the binding contract you sign for once you click on the accept button, no matter how much people would like to think it's not a real one. What is to be expected in a civilized society: No more, no less. That's more than can be said for the "cry babies" that want to rediscuss terms years after they freely accepted them, and worst off, impose them on the others.

    Well it was advertised as international (thats how i found PWI) and i hoped that they have timeslots for everyone and not ONLY for the east ones.
    Not one single event was timed at a reasonable timeslot for other then east people (yes you can argue about that there where little quiz events or some sort of things that where meant to be held at 2pm or something and we could paticipate but thats not the point) and it got worse by the update.
    different days but the timeslots where terrible for people outside east. yes you could still stomp on the argument that i signed up for an east coast server and should expect something around those lines to happen but i expected more then that from a game who wrote international big and bright like PWI did.
    So and now people from east argue about all that and other people argue about different opinions about this situation.
    Would they offer me a servertransfer to a eu server i would probably accept in a heartbeat and would never look back at harshlands but with the servermerge i dont need those... other people would need them now but if they get it... well its a different story.

    When not.. well it doesnt matter how long you played and how much money went into your character right? you can always start fresh and new like we should have done it back when eu server started up mouse-1.gif

    needless to say you signed up for an international server, we signed up for an international server... it stays internetional just your ping and time changes whats the deal you still can play no?
    There are still east server up after merge, you can switch there if rl time is an issue ​​

    Well, first of all, you "hoping" that it had favorable timeslots should have stopped the moment you faced EST or PST choice. Also, you "hoping" of winning the lottery should stop each time your numbers don't match those on TV.

    And yes, i signed for a game with the designation International... that was based in the US. When i fly Emirates or British Airways doesn't mean i'll fly only in Great Britain or in UAE. I do expect them to keep the schedules i signed them up for, though. I figured it was an easy point to figure out, but oh, well...
    Oh, fair warning: The World Series? It's not really world-wide... And Miss Universe? Nope, doesn't mean it's all the universe, sorry for the shocker.

    Also, it's good to know this is such an issue for you, and that you are hard working in creating event timezones for Australians, Indian, Indonesians, well, just about everyone next. Oh, i think Egyptians and others are restricted... Start working on that too, please. Good show!

    On that note, not going to comment on most of your post, since it seems you have a problem reading what was already posted, and can't understand the concept of accepting the terms as they were given to you. Most of what you say is just revenge for people that told you to go play to an EU server, so go ahead, be the same guy you accused others of being. The shoe doesn't fit me since i have never done that, but to each his own.

    As for the money i charged, it was lost the moment i bought pixels, so no big deal.
    Present charging? Came to an halt the moment the merge was announced.
    Future money? Well, i can find better uses for it, if PWI doesn't back down.
    Further investment of that order in game i already played, to get the exact same thing i have now, like you did? Nope, consider it another sign of reasoning.
    Quite simple, really.

    In fact, this post ends any further comment on my part in this thread. The writing i will continue to do will be through a single ticket. Just one. And yes, it will refer to my rather PWI-friendly charging history, as i'm sure many did and will do the same. If that doesn't work, there are many games out there. Many with EST timezones that are willing to accept my patronage.

    Hope you have fun in Morai and that it's everything you ever hoped it will be. Toodles.
    Post edited by timasdrub on
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    tet wrote: »
    cococya wrote: »

    International means 2 or more nations. Your premise is wrong, your point is invalid, gtfo.
    ​​

    It was false advertising. At least 6 months before server start I saw promotions of Perfect Wolrd International on dozens (national) website in Germany. How do you think did so many people all over the world "find" this game? Severs would have been empty without us since there was already a big player on the US market (there are 317m citizen in the USA and how many play this game..?).

    The promotion on those websites was in German. They called it "International". Even on their homepage was no hint that servers are located in the USA. I heard about it for the first time after playing this game already for a year. At this time it wasn't a big deal because it just affected TW (even snake island race was broken when server started, most other events didn't exist).

    Lawl. USA is not the only country in eastern time zone. Again you EU people created an account on a server which holds events at certain times. It was status quo when you created your account as it was with everyone else. It was your choice to maintain that char on the server for all the time you participated.

    How incredibly selfish of people who live in Europe to choose to create an account on a server in the US which holds events at times favorable to the time zone the server is in then complain about how those times do fit their lifestyles. That is irrational.

  • icycoffeebreaks
    icycoffeebreaks Posts: 37 Arc User
    There isn't going to be a cross server NW. In order for that to happen, it means that all four newly formed servers (1 server representing each nation) have to partake the event at the same time. There will be 2 west coast servers, 1 east coast, and 1 EU coast, and each has their own NW time slot. If it did happen, without a doubt people will complain it will not be fair for their time zone no matter what time slot they choose to do it at.
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    zoldickun wrote: »
    zentfamily wrote: »
    I think there will be cross-server NW. Look at the size of this map.
    11728880_391250677736044_838126344884586462_o.jpg

    Isn't this the old map that we had also used for some time ?
    And look at that :

    Did PWCN steal WoW's battle map? LMAO
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • latys
    latys Posts: 3 Arc User
    It's not about selfishness. They just got the same treatment as you get now. For many this is justice since they get told off serveral times to just switch server, even though they put a lot of effort, time an money in their characters there. And all they wanted was just a little bit of love too. :(

    Just deal with it and ignore it, arguing wont help at all. They know it sucks for you, and they know how it feels.

    The only thing we can really hope for is that pwe finally gets their **** moving and get us some character to another server transfers, personally I have been waiting for this feature like forever.

    Good luck to the Harshlanders though, maybe the tides will turn in your favor.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    tet wrote: »
    Btw, is it still a normal habbit/issue on Sanctuary server that seekers trap barbs in areas (in NW) where they can't move anymore? I didn't see this shamful habbit on Lost City server yet.

    Only one player was actively doing that in NW and I think they are currently inactive. So it shouldn't be a problem. Both sides were doing it in TW with that same player as the main instigator, with him gone I think the practice will stop.
  • noctusvenator
    noctusvenator Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I have a question about the merge (unlike the last page of comments I read through).

    Will the unopened mail Items transfer with us during the merge or will we need to resend things like blessings and lose mail that we have not taken the items from?
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Guys i love you but pretty sure this is a faq thread and not a debate about cash shoppers, server merge choices or whatever :|
  • gohantthealmight
    gohantthealmight Posts: 61 Arc User
    Why not merge the only 2 PVP servers in this game together and keep it PVP? Then have the other PVE merge together. Would keep the fun of people being force to play as pvp and people wanting to choose between PKing and PVE. It will not be affecting Time Zone much but will leave people to enjoying PVP and worked hard to stay on a PKing server.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    latys wrote: »
    It's not about selfishness. They just got the same treatment as you get now. For many this is justice since they get told off serveral times to just switch server, even though they put a lot of effort, time an money in their characters there. And all they wanted was just a little bit of love too. :(

    I said earlier but this "logic" is idiotic. I am from EU, I started before there was EU servers but I fully well knew I signed up for NA timezone server. Its way different from having timezone you chose, which catered for your needs, changed to one which doesnt work for you. You could not decide if you wanted to invest on a server, which might not work for you. All the Euro players on NA servers made that decision though and comparison shows only how clueless the person making it is. The HL people have to make the same decision now but they have in fact invested way more than any of us before they could make this decision.
    Why not merge the only 2 PVP servers in this game together and keep it PVP? Then have the other PVE merge together. Would keep the fun of people being force to play as pvp and people wanting to choose between PKing and PVE. It will not be affecting Time Zone much but will leave people to enjoying PVP and worked hard to stay on a PKing server.

    My guess is because of server vs server events. PvE servers are way more populated, putting 2 of the smallest servers together would result the newly formed server getting rekt event after event. Chances are they would of still chosen this over being turned to PvE servers and on HLs case major change on timezone. ​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    zentfamily wrote: »
    I think there will be cross-server NW. Look at the size of this map.
    11728880_391250677736044_838126344884586462_o.jpg

    No Zent. China always had a bigger NW map than we have. There are more people playing the game there than here.
    But I think they will increase our map too due to server merge and the increase of number of players.
    The post clearly says Cross-server pvp events and NW. It would have said Cross-server NW if we were to get that.
    That or enelimm did a mistake there .
    https://www.google.ro/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAAahUKEwj1v_CywYPHAhVPKNsKHcapAEY&url=http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9470983-important%3A-upcoming-server-merges!&ei=c3C6VbW6Fc_Q7AbG04KwBA&usg=AFQjCNESqkvazg-wmqMnIud5MlYN9EgOQg&sig2=LA2vx6GVUi0odJozsAW9aw&bvm=bv.99028883,d.ZGU

    Myabe its just me, but Cross server pvp events and nw can be read as Cross server pvp events and Cross server nw. after all, why say nw at all if it wasnt cross server. We already have nw so it wouldnt have been a change. It could also be both.
    In regards to the time, they'll probably make it at 2-3am for the EU server.8pm-10pm for the East. and 5-7pm for the West. noone has to be up early on saturdays(most people dont anyway)
    Sunday NWs would be at normal time and server vs self.
  • meel37175978
    meel37175978 Posts: 22 Arc User
    enelimm wrote: »
    Will I keep the name of my character?

    Apart from Archosaur and Heaven’s Tear that share the same name database, players who have an homonym on the other server will have a suffix added to their name in order to differentiate them. You can find the suffix list on the announcement.

    "To avoid duplicate character and guild names, we will add suffixes to differentiate players with identical nicknames. This will prevent all sorts of technical and social issues, while leaving a trace you can use to kindly recall good ol’ times on your former servers. To accommodate these suffixes, character name limits on all servers are being increased from 12 to 14 letters. Here are the suffixes that will be used:
    Lost City : LC
    Raging Tide: RT
    Harshlands: HL"

    Ok here I have something to say. First, If two characters in diferent servers like LC and Sanc have similar names why only the suffix has to go for the LC player?. Second and most important thing: A lot of people from LC server is creating characters in Sanc server with similar names from people in LC server, so they are basically **** their names; also there are SO many characters in both servers that there are no available names for example, some people that used to play years ago made multiple characters occupying names and now they don't even play; for example I was trying to check how could be my new character name and there was nothing available, all names or varietis of that names are taken, and I don't think all of that characters are beeing used now. If our names are going to be force to change, we should get a FREE identity stone because lets be honest.. Is not fair that we have to spend our coins to buy this item when someone just create other character with our same name to **** us.
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    honestly doesn't senority mean anything? HL has been around ALOT longer than the morai server, and also longer than the servers that use to make up morai, honestly they should be comming over to our time zone. Why is the only server truly getting royally screwed over is the HL. We are an american server with an EST time zone with english speaking people. We should be merged with the rest of the East Coast servers (which btw will still be 4 servers). Also regaurdless of which rumors are true, if the morai server is extremely populated like people say, they don't need a merge. If its the other way and they are underpopulated and you guys are insistant on merging 2 servers that make no sense to merge, they should come to EST cause less people overall would be screwed. However in reality the entire idea of merging a EU and EST server is just plain stupid. The EU server is practically its own seperate community and seperate game. Hell it even has its own individual forums, GMs, staff, etc not to mention their primarily french and german, not english.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    The EU server is practically its own seperate community and seperate game. Hell it even has its own individual forums, GMs, staff, etc not to mention their primarily french and german, not english.

    I understand that people from HL are pissed about the time zone change and this should be a major enough argument to say that merging Morai and HL is complete nonsense.
    But arguments above are totally wrong...
    The community is the same. French/german forum are almost empty and Morai guys have always been present on "US" forums.
    Staff is the same since Enelimm posted here and since the version is the same with same maintenance timeslots and everything.
    English language is the official one. I guess maybe 70% of the server don't understand french neither german at all. Even when there were a german server and a french server the main language in WC or major factions was english, because there are a lot of languages in Europe and the language used to speak with people from other countries is often english. And this is not as if on US server nobody was talking spanish or portuguese in WC or normal chat sometimes.
  • workbish
    workbish Posts: 61 Arc User
    not sure if anyone has asked about it already - but what with the AH? I mean every item has an own ID there - and it's not related to the database. How will you merge AH? And what about the gold in AH? if for example - HT has buy price at 3,6m and sell price at 3,9 while archa has buy price at 3,2m and sell price at 3,5m after merge ppl from old HT who set the price at 3,6m wil get the gold automaticly from the old archa serwer where the sell gold price was set at 3,5m?
  • elihanah
    elihanah Posts: 2 Arc User
    Trolls Stealing Names To Force LC, TR, & HL Suffixes

    So, a concern I have, and forgive me for not wanting to sift through 50+ pages to see if anyone else has made this point, is the trolls. People from my server are going into the other and making characters of people they don't like to force the horrible suffix into their name to force a name change. I believe a way to eradicate this is to delete all new characters made within the last week or so to prevent this. Or at least those that share a name with anyone in servers receiving the suffixes (Lost City, Raging Tide, Harshlands) that were made in the last week or so. It's one thing if someone made a character six months ago and they share a name, but an entirely different creature when someone has realized the consequences and acted out of spite. I know it sounds silly, but these names mean a lot to us and we are often referred to by these handles. Thanks.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Sh*tposting at the speed of light.Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    elihanah wrote: »
    Trolls Stealing Names To Force LC, TR, & HL Suffixes

    So, a concern I have, and forgive me for not wanting to sift through 50+ pages to see if anyone else has made this point, is the trolls. People from my server are going into the other and making characters of people they don't like to force the horrible suffix into their name to force a name change. I believe a way to eradicate this is to delete all new characters made within the last week or so to prevent this. Or at least those that share a name with anyone in servers receiving the suffixes (Lost City, Raging Tide, Harshlands) that were made in the last week or so. It's one thing if someone made a character six months ago and they share a name, but an entirely different creature when someone has realized the consequences and acted out of spite. I know it sounds silly, but these names mean a lot to us and we are often referred to by these handles. Thanks.

    Your suggestion to handle this is a horrible one, yes, most likely they are trolls being active, but what if some aren't and get their character removed after a few days? Doesn't seem to motivating, does it?

    Better solution is to check if the character was created in the last week (or before that) but was created AFTER the character on the other server, if that's the case, then give the newly created character the prefix.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

  • laikiraski
    laikiraski Posts: 82 Arc User
    workbish wrote: »
    not sure if anyone has asked about it already - but what with the AH? I mean every item has an own ID there - and it's not related to the database. How will you merge AH? And what about the gold in AH? if for example - HT has buy price at 3,6m and sell price at 3,9 while archa has buy price at 3,2m and sell price at 3,5m after merge ppl from old HT who set the price at 3,6m wil get the gold automaticly from the old archa serwer where the sell gold price was set at 3,5m?

    Back when Lothranis and Moma merged ,its all was reseted .
  • elihanah
    elihanah Posts: 2 Arc User
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    elihanah wrote: »
    Trolls Stealing Names To Force LC, TR, & HL Suffixes

    So, a concern I have, and forgive me for not wanting to sift through 50+ pages to see if anyone else has made this point, is the trolls. People from my server are going into the other and making characters of people they don't like to force the horrible suffix into their name to force a name change. I believe a way to eradicate this is to delete all new characters made within the last week or so to prevent this. Or at least those that share a name with anyone in servers receiving the suffixes (Lost City, Raging Tide, Harshlands) that were made in the last week or so. It's one thing if someone made a character six months ago and they share a name, but an entirely different creature when someone has realized the consequences and acted out of spite. I know it sounds silly, but these names mean a lot to us and we are often referred to by these handles. Thanks.

    Your suggestion to handle this is a horrible one, yes, most likely they are trolls being active, but what if some aren't and get their character removed after a few days? Doesn't seem to motivating, does it?

    Better solution is to check if the character was created in the last week (or before that) but was created AFTER the character on the other server, if that's the case, then give the newly created character the prefix.​​

    Right, and that sounds good. Or maybe even instead offer a free name change to the one that was made after the original. My goal isn't to discourage new players or take away those that were made some time ago, but there has to be a way to avoid these trolls. The way to handle it was just a suggestion and I was hoping to make them aware in this venue of what was happening.
This discussion has been closed.