Comments

• cajabra
    cajabra Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    +100000000.....Poppy!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    Haha the people who attempt to defend lowbies and people without gear/with bad gear always amuse me for some reason. Being killed as a lowbie is a like a right of passage on pvp servers, it gives you the drive to gear up and play more so that one day you can get your revenge on that person. There was a time where if you hit level 30 during your 20-30 Culti and you had to go through west gate to hand it in... you were not making it through the gate alive lol.

I know there were many times with my veno where i would farm and grind months on end just to get strong enough to kill someone who got the best of me, only to discover that person was even stronger aswell and I had to work extra hard to beat them.

So i am unsure why killing lowbies and people without amazing gear is so offensive to people. It can encourage people to get better at the game (providing they arent camped over and over and over).

Maybe some ppl have other things, more important things to do than to play 10-12 hours per day to gear up enough to not be 1 shot. You know its something called real life.
    giphy.gif

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Mhm...you guys really seem weird. The drive I needed to gear up was being the best. I dont find enjoyment in killing lowbies. I've seen alot of ppl during my dailies that I could have just killed easily..but why? Why should I? I never attack someone that is no challange because thats just a waste of time. You dont get the best by killing lowies. You get the best by fighting the best. That's why I have high hopes for the merge. Anything else...all those events...even tw..I couldnt care less. I never cared about them, never will.

As long as I stay dominant in 1on1s I dont give a **** about anything else (: But if you want to be as hostile as you seem to be then ok, I take my job as a barb serious and take the aggro. I will blast you all away like its nothing once you're here (: Well if that doesnt motivate you, nothing will <3
  • unbacano14324
    unbacano14324 Posts: 20 New User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @bloodedone87 i didnt play 10 - 12 hours a day its called CASHSHOP + real life get a job
    @jsxshadow bro i can tell nobody pvp's in your server thats why you want this to happen like i said theres more to it then someone killing a lowbie it creates confrontation and situations not found on pve servers situations i expect to happen of course you want this to happen because your pve server sucks and you like to pvp
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    @bloodedone87 i didnt play 10 - 12 hours a day its called CASHSHOP + real life get a job

So you just login a few hours a day and harrass some ppl then log off again to rl? Oh gladly. Good to know, then you are most likely useless for the pvp I expect and I dont have to be sad if you quit. Go ahead then :)
  • unbacano14324
    Options
    nice assumption but you are wrong i play everyday plus i hold a job and school i'm sorry that I can't match up to your no lifeness but why do you think there is a option to cashshop ? and at the end of the day who think matters some chump like you scavenging off the game or some one like me that actually give a pwi employee a pay check hmmmmmm i think that answers itself
  • opalhs
    opalhs Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    poppyfey wrote: »
    About the Harshlands - Morai merge, For all of you saying things like: "oh we EU players also had to stay awake for tw so stop qquing" please stop with this kind of non sense statements. Here's what:

By the time you (EU) created your character you did create it in a East Cost server so you knew what to expect. Sure you had no other option at the time but you always had the choice not to play pwi and go play some other game. In the end when you clicked "start" you knew what to expect and by clicking it you did agree with it.

Now U.S. players being transfered to EU times HAVE NO CHOICE! After spending thousands of dollars in this game, they are being forced to move to a time zone they can't not play! How is this fair? Imo it shows (again) how unnapreciated players are for pwi, they just don't care about the players. If it was some other game, perhaps U.S. players could create a new toon in a server with a schedule that suits them better but, being pwi, and taking under consideration how much money it costs to gear a toon that is also not an option for them.

There is a huge difference between an EU player CHOSING to create a character in a East Cost server and a U.S. player being FORCED to go to a EU server.

EU players was forced too,this game name is Perfect World INTERNATIONAL not Perfect Wolrd USA.Not everyone in EU speak russian/german/french.

Weird how you complaining about that now?When its bad for you,why didnt you suport EU players for last 6 years?EU players was complaining for that for last 6 years and you ppl was just thinking about yourself,and teling EU ppl to GTFO from your server eaven if thay allready invested alot of time and money?And now when you are in that situation you wana cahnge event time after you told to EU ppl to GTFO from your server,you dont have right to do that.

Instead of thinking just about your problem,you should look at it GLOBALY and support idea about SERVER TRANSFER STONE or something like that so everyone can chose server thay want from now to eternity and everyone would be happy.

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    Maybe some ppl have other things, more important things to do than to play 10-12 hours per day to gear up enough to not be 1 shot. You know its something called real life.
    It's impossible to persuade us. I used to play on pve server till high lvls, know what it means, how it works, its pros and cons and find pvp mode incomparably better.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • unbacano14324
    edited July 2015
    Options
    DSL ? its called fiber optic and my ms goes to 100 in morai i notice the difference i play on max setting even in tw because its under 100 now I would love to see a merge I am for it not against it what i am against is the fact that you are forcing a US server to go EU no i respect the farmers in 2x i farm myself but dots my wings of acsension and sot didnt come from farmers you are misunderstanding my debate here
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    It's impossible to persuade us. I used to play on pve server till high lvls, know what it means, how it works, its pros and cons and find pvp mode incomparably better.

​​

Do you really think you would have that much less pvp? I mean why, explain to me why u are so sure that nothing can fullfill your pvp needs anymore after the merge? I wanna hear your reasoning on that if you dont mind.
  • unbacano14324
    Options
    +1000000000000000000000000 shade13
  • unbacano14324
    Options
    @jsxshadow its not about that bro you are missing the point here
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @jsxshadow its not about that bro you are missing the point here

It's about not being able to PK anyone they want. They lose control and other people gain it. It's niether good nor bad, it's about a choice and they are losing that choice while gaining the choice to protect themselves. It is a trade off they do not want.

It's like placing an anarchist society in the middle of a large city with a police force, laws, and democratic views.
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    I know it sucks being forced to anything. I would much rather having Dawnglory as a PvP server as well. But:

1. You have to opportunity to find new ppl/friends/worthy opponnents you can do stuff with.
    2. NWs will be amazing for you guys if you can participate. 200 ppl each nation will be a feast <3
    3. Due to alot more ppl pvping in so many different gear levels there will be even more pvp. Some ppl from the PvE servers might wanna join in the fun now as many are scared for pvp cause only high geared ppl usually pvp on pve server.
    4. More ppl will ultimately lead to a better economy for all, at least it should (:
    5. the more, the better

I dont wanna fight with you guys over this. Change always sucks, I know that. I would most likely complain myself if I were you. All I'm asking for is to give it a chance and see if you really cant find enjoyment in the upsides of this.
  • shade13
    edited July 2015
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Do you really think you would have that much less pvp? I mean why, explain to me why u are so sure that nothing can fullfill your pvp needs anymore after the merge? I wanna hear your reasoning on that if you dont mind.
    I want choice. And they are taking it away from us. It's what eirghan said. But she sounded a bit like we are eager to set anarchy in ordered community to fullfil our bloodlust normal-47.gif But in fact we take risks too. Anyone can be ganked, camped, ambushed any moment. And it's a part of fun. I come out of city - I'm a target. I can't escape and I like it, it's interesting and it's a challenge. And I don't want that guy to be able to escape too. I want us all to be on equal terms. PWI provided such opportunity before, they had pure pvp server, now they are removing this opportunity. So sad.

I don't know how else to explain. There are thousands valid arguments from different ppl in this thread. No, I don't think I won't be able to pvp ever if we become pve server, but as other ppl said, it's not the point.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    Mhm...you guys really seem weird. The drive I needed to gear up was being the best. I dont find enjoyment in killing lowbies. I've seen alot of ppl during my dailies that I could have just killed easily..but why? Why should I? I never attack someone that is no challange because thats just a waste of time. You dont get the best by killing lowies. You get the best by fighting the best. That's why I have high hopes for the merge. Anything else...all those events...even tw..I couldnt care less. I never cared about them, never will.

We rarely agree on things but this, more or less, is my idea why I dont touch the lowbies. It proves nothing, lowbies rarely have anybody to protect them either to provide excuse for PK conflict. Its one thing to farm rival guilds players to provoke PK war, quite the another to farm random lvl 100- players. I cant match credit cards of some people so I rather have option of avoiding them all together if I need to. This is my reasoning for joining PvE server, I do agree PvP server has some perks but farming lowbies is imo more of a con. ​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • shade13
    edited July 2015
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »
    We rarely agree on things but this, more or less, is my idea why I dont touch the lowbies. It proves nothing, lowbies rarely have anybody to protect them either to provide excuse for PK conflic
    Again: it's not about lowbies AT ALL. I haven't ever killed a single lowbie just for the heck of it. I didn't refine my gear +12 for that. hh90 would be more than enough.But here any lvl can go safe mode, lowbie or not. I would gladly agree if they increased blue name mode to lvl 100. After all, you don't have much chance to stand against an average PKer being 100-. But after that - permanent pk mode.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options

RPK is almost non-existent on PvP servers anyway, it was always like this, since server start. Most factions on PVP servers prohibit RPK. In big TW factions it's allowed nowadays (it wasn't for many years) but no one is doing it because it's only pathetic and kills your reputation.

There are only a few RPKer left over. If your gear is better they won't attack you. If you are comparable geard they might call some friends to gank you while you are solo-tanking a world boss (but only if you are not a member of a big faction).

RPKers never killed bots, they never cared about them, because they want to dominate someone, they want to force their will. They are only doing it when they are 100% sure they are not in danger. They want to humiliate, it's not about having a challenge or something like that. It's a cultural thing, humans are not born like this (there are rare exceptions of deseases when it's in you genes).

Most people like to cooperate, most of us like smooth dungon runs when no communcation is necessary and everyone knows their roll. Of course PvP can be also nice. When it's a challenge, a game, friendly. Many people say "thanks for the fun" in world chat after TW.

Most people like NW. It's like a farming instance just with less predictable "mobs". And everyone knows that people are there for farming and PvP.

I can tell you a secret: Most people on Lost City server play this game already for years and for most of us PWI was the first MMO. Most of us didn't chose a PvP server by intention. Many people just stayed because rpk is very rare anyway. And because humans are creatures of habit. (I did choose LC server in 2008 because of the name and because I thought TW exists only on PvP servers..).

The only reason why I don't like PvE servers: you can't kill bots there. I always killed them. Because I'm a F2Per and farmer.

Btw, I also played on PvE servers for a while. And recognized there is more open world PvP on PvE servers than on LC server.
  • abhay
    abhay Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    tet wrote: »

RPK is almost non-existent on PvP servers anyway, it was always like this, since server start. Most factions on PVP servers prohibit RPK. In big TW factions it's allowed nowadays (it wasn't for many years) but no one is doing it because it's only pathetic and kills your reputation.

There are only a few RPKer left over. If your gear is better they won't attack you. If you are comparable geard they might call some friends to gank you while you are solo-tanking a world boss (but only if you are not a member of a big faction).

RPKers never killed bots, they never cared about them, because they want to dominate someone, they want to force their will. They are only doing it when they are 100% sure they are not in danger. They want to humiliate, it's not about having a challenge or something like that. It's a cultural thing, humans are not born like this (there are rare exceptions of deseases when it's in you genes).

Most people like to cooperate, most of us like smooth dungon runs when no communcation is necessary and everyone knows their roll. Of course PvP can be also nice. When it's a challenge, a game, friendly. Many people say "thanks for the fun" in world chat after TW.

Most people like NW. It's like a farming instance just with less predictable "mobs". And everyone knows that people are there for farming and PvP.

I can tell you a secret: Most people on Lost City server play this game already for years and for most of us PWI was the first MMO. Most of us didn't chose a PvP server by intention. Many people just stayed because rpk is very rare anyway. And because humans are creatures of habit. (I did choose LC server in 2008 because of the name and because I thought TW exists only on PvP servers..).

The only reason why I don't like PvE servers: you can't kill bots there. I always killed them. Because I'm a F2Per and farmer.

Btw, I also played on PvE servers for a while. And recognized there is more open world PvP on PvE servers than on LC server.

Last time I checked, no one bots anymore.... those who bot are very low level 45-65 levels (farming for low-level mats).
    I was roaming around world to just see whom I can kill if it was pvp server and guess what, I found none. Not a single person was doing anything outside any city.

All TP from one city to another nowadays. IF you leave lowbies then you can't find anyone r9rr or similar geared roaming around world doing anything!!

The only thing left: RW (yes it would be pain cuz you wont be able to kill other blue-named). Other than that, Even in PVP server anyone can run back to City.

I really don't get your point at all. People who are passive you won't get to pk them and those with short fuse, you can always drag out for PvP, use your Typing skills in WC ;p
  • shade13
    Options
    abhay wrote: »
    you can always drag out for PvP, use your Typing skills in WC ;p
    Are you suggesting to add more trashtalking to the current state of affairs? normal-43.gif It's definitely not the competition I would like to win pig-43.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • tet
    Options
    Last time I checked, no one bots anymore.... those who bot are very low level 45-65 levels (farming for low-level mats).
    I was roaming around world to just see whom I can kill if it was pvp server and guess what, I found none. Not a single person was doing anything outside any city.

All TP from one city to another nowadays. IF you leave lowbies then you can't find anyone r9rr or similar geared roaming around world doing anything!!

The only thing left: RW (yes it would be pain cuz you wont be able to kill other blue-named). Other than that, Even in PVP server anyone can run back to City.

Idc about RW atm because it doesn't fit with my time zone.

We have a herb botter issue on LC server (for many years). Most pots cost just 10-15k each, no farmer can compete with a 24h/day bot.
  • unbacano14324
    Options
    SERVER Transfer option = Everyone happy please pwi please
  • shtalenkov
    shtalenkov Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    2. NWs will be amazing for you guys if you can participate. 200 ppl each nation will be a feast <3
    Joe, they will remove internal NW! Cross-server NW is coming. People from both merged servers goes to one NW nation. It means ~800 people for each nation and big NW Map
  • abhay
    abhay Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    tet wrote: »
    Idc about RW atm because it doesn't fit with my time zone.

We have a herb botter issue on LC server (for many years). Most pots cost just 10-15k each, no farmer can compete with a 24h/day bot.

Pots costing that low, isn't it good as a PK'er? No one needs lots of pots for PVE, its us who PVP who needs constant supply of cheap pots.

• lynxes
    lynxes Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    alli want to know is will we lose out current Merit for GBQs im so close to my helm i better not lose it
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Options
    shtalenkov wrote: »
    Joe, they will remove internal NW! Cross-server NW is coming. People from both merged servers goes to one NW nation. It means ~800 people for each nation and big NW Map

Are you sure this will come as a replacement ?

As for new cross server event, I have lot of expectations regarding that but will wait to know when it's supposed to be. There is a huge chance that it will just be an unbalanced and then uninteresting event due to time zones
  • jsxshadow
    Options

Really? Didnt really notice that til now..but even so I dont think they will completely remove the normal NW. Guess the cross-Server one would be on another time slot. Dunno yet. But hell that would be amazing as **** <3
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options

Cross-server pvp and NW are 2 different things. it doesnt say Cross-server NW , it says: Cross-server pvp events and NW https://www.google.ro/url?sa=t&amp;rct=j&amp;q=&amp;esrc=s&amp;source=web&amp;cd=1&amp;cad=rja&amp;uact=8&amp;ved=0CB8QFjAAahUKEwiB2pb6qYPHAhUMFiwKHSbyAeY&amp;url=http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9470983-important%3A-upcoming-server-merges!&amp;ei=3le6VYHzGYyssAGm5IewDg&amp;usg=AFQjCNESqkvazg-wmqMnIud5MlYN9EgOQg&amp;sig2=MdVY698LbUnswSYNYDF3Jg&amp;bvm=bv.99028883,d.bGg

So we will still have the normal friday -sunday NW. It will just be more people.
    giphy.gif

• cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    opalhs wrote: »

EU players was forced too,this game name is Perfect World INTERNATIONAL not Perfect Wolrd USA.Not everyone in EU speak russian/german/french.

Weird how you complaining about that now?When its bad for you,why didnt you suport EU players for last 6 years?EU players was complaining for that for last 6 years and you ppl was just thinking about yourself,and teling EU ppl to GTFO from your server eaven if thay allready invested alot of time and money?And now when you are in that situation you wana cahnge event time after you told to EU ppl to GTFO from your server,you dont have right to do that.

Instead of thinking just about your problem,you should look at it GLOBALY and support idea about SERVER TRANSFER STONE or something like that so everyone can chose server thay want from now to eternity and everyone would be happy.

International means 2 or more nations. Your premise is wrong, your point is invalid, gtfo.
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • tet
    Options
    abhay wrote: »
    Pots costing that low, isn't it good as a PK'er? No one needs lots of pots for PVE, its us who PVP who needs constant supply of cheap pots.

For buyers low prices are nice, for (legal) farmers not lol.

Btw, is it still a normal habbit/issue on Sanctuary server that seekers trap barbs in areas (in NW) where they can't move anymore? I didn't see this shamful habbit on Lost City server yet.
This discussion has been closed.