Do you want to merge with Morai server?

reaperarm1
reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Dawnglory (EU)
What say you my harshlands brethren? Do you want bad pings, EU event times, etc? People from other servers feel free to vote if you think we should be forced to merge with Morai and leave your input.
Post edited by ovenusarmanio on

Do you want to merge with Morai server? 126 votes

Yes, I want to merge with Morai.
45%
enelimmomegatothmihai10jearxbearsjampiesylenthunderjsxshadowheerohex#3018kittyempressasin20razzzzasneakingzoeyef2009bigblockeredijs14dirklespwn00nedsarakejnikyssjoepsel 57 votes
No, I don't want to merge with Morai.
40%
phoenix0117keihan007#7641rocky19geirskokulshade13charydblazen1tek1niggravetouchlinucis1jamminjimmyrednicklauslivingbasstictic99999swordmaster757laikiraskilaxevenspiritsrad440abhay 51 votes
I don't care either way.
14%
zoldickundaymondtestxvispackigerhaufenzevrexnavi650ucntcachmeryattelshivydrasicclyknightlatyssindarellamaho88ensuena2011mertana1988celestina14columrthellsmage123 18 votes

Comments

• tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    Yes, it's unfair.

Once, in 2008, PWE did promote PWI on many national websites in Europe. There was no hint that servers are in the USA. There was no hint that events are only for specific zones. Actually, there were no different time zones, there was only one for all servers. And they called their game pw INTERNATIONAL. There was even no hint that some servers are located on east coast and others on west coast.

Years later they created Lothranis and Momaganon servers which were in Europe. And more and more events got created for specific time zones. You remember what our US American friends told us to do?

Is it fair that a German and a French server (with German and French clients, item names, forums) got fused to an international server? (they get forced to communicate in english now, all item/boss/mob names are in english now).

Just remember what you told the Europeans all the time over the years. I doubt the US folk on Harshland will get treated with much compassion by Europeans now. Karma is a b*.
  • reaperarm1
    edited July 2015
    tet wrote: »
    Yes, it's unfair.

Once, in 2008, PWE did promote PWI on many national websites in Europe. There was no hint that servers are in the USA. There was no hint that events are only for specific zones. Actually, there were no different time zones, there was only one for all servers. And they called their game pw INTERNATIONAL. There was even no hint that some servers are located on east coast and others on west coast.

Years later they created Lothranis and Momaganon servers which were in Europe. And more and more events got created for specific time zones. You remember what our US American friends told us to do?

Is it fair that a German and a French server (with German and French clients, item names, forums) got fused to an international server? (they get forced to communicate in english now, all item/boss/mob names are in english now).

Just remember what you told the Europeans all the time over the years. I doubt the US folk on Harshland will get treated with much compassion by Europeans now. Karma is a b*.

When you chose a server it asked you west coast or east coast, i'm sure at that point you realized they were'nt in Europe. You knowingly joined U.S. based servers. On the other hand we have the harshlands players who joined it under the impression it was and will remain to be a U.S. server...See the difference?

I'm not sure why EU players have some kind of revenge mind set about this. It's seriously flawed logic though. You want the gaming experience of harshlands players to be ruined because of something pwe did? I'm not blaming EU players for this merge that is about to happen and I would expect EU players not to blame us for something pwe did to them.

If you EU players think you're gaining much out of this anyways take this into perspective. Many HL players are going to quit or switch to a server staying in the U.S. Those that do stick out until after the merge will find out playing with a high ping and missing most the major events cause they happen when they are working or asleep will quit a short time after the merge. A small amount will stick around but not many imo. Not to mention Hl is probably the most dead server of them all anways.
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    reaperarm1 wrote: »

When you chose a server it asked you west coast or east coast, i'm sure at that point you realized they were'nt in Europe. You knowingly joined U.S. based servers. On the other hand we have the harshlands players who joined it under the impression it was and will remain to be a U.S. server...See the difference?

Not true. In 2008/2009 the feature/screen/menu to select west/east/european servers didn't exist. They did introduce this screen at same time when european servers started. Before that even their (tiny) homepage didn't mention anywhere that east/west servers are located in the USA.
  • unbarb
    unbarb Posts: 68 Arc User
    I find that unfair to send US player to EU... Really Arc? They chosen this server because its the only PVP server on east coast and now they are send to EU ? I'm sure most of them will quit the game.

Here is the only SOLUTION: In HL, there is both, player that live in US and EU, just give us the right to transfer our characters between servers (EU to East, West to East, etc) so everyone is happy!
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    You dumb kidz Cross server Nws between 4 servers which 3 and a half are US based will need to be US TZ friendly and nws are basically the only event which matters atm ( tws 2 but thats intra server)
  • mihai10
    mihai10 Posts: 1 Arc User
    shut up and quit if you don't like. the merge is awesome.
  • laikiraski
    laikiraski Posts: 82 Arc User
    we dont need you here D:
  • reaperarm1
    edited July 2015
    limonazza wrote: »
    You dumb kidz Cross server Nws between 4 servers which 3 and a half are US based will need to be US TZ friendly and nws are basically the only event which matters atm ( tws 2 but thats intra server)

Oh boy..This...If this is your typical EU player then...lol. To those saying quit or switch servers, I actually am switching to heavens tear. I'm just curious about how many HL players actually want this to go through. I'm not exactly happy about it since i've invested 5+ years into my main and alts on HL but I doubt pwe would change their minds.
  • reliea
    reliea Posts: 40 Arc User
    Yes, it's unfair.

English is a base language that most other countries learn, so it makes sense that even in EU servers that items/mobs/etc names would be in English, it's just the most likely common language between all countries. It's really not even about the language issue specifically, just designed to put events at a more EU friendly time.

The difference between the EU situation and the HL/Morai merge is that HL doesn't have a choice here. No EU person was ever forced to just pick up and restart on the Morai server, and if an EU person did move to Morai, it was for their convenience; events being on their timezone schedule etc, but there is literally nothing convenient for the HL people, they're getting nothing out of this merge.
  • kingzisekev
    kingzisekev Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    lol to those that say its all french and german, most EU speak English on server. There is some in WC or guild chat ofc, but theres BR or other languages in WC or guild chat on other servers, no difference, so can't use that excuse sorry lol. I would hope they come up with plans to do events at a reasonable time or maybe switch morai events forward 2 hours to make it 2 hours later for us and 2 hours less different for HL. I would hope they wouldnt just merge HL with morai and forget the 2 different time zones , that seems absurd. If they do they know they would lose a significent player base. I'm all for the merge if they at least make it fair for both servers :smile:
  • joepsel
    joepsel Posts: 8 Arc User
    When I started playing PWI, there were no European servers. Living in Holland, I preferred the east coast servers and just picked one, clueless about pvp and pve servers so I just picked the first one in the list and that happened to be HL. I built my characters, have a R9r cleric that I would not like to lose but it is a fact that TW and, more importantly, NW are at the moment impossible for me. They start at 2 am my time, NW 2.20 and then you have 2 hours of gameplay to go. I physically cannot do more than even one night like that per week. A lot of the events, especially last month, are at times when I am sleeping. So yeah, I am happy with the merger and I don't care about German or French as I speak those languages too. Having said that, I did make a toon on the Morai server and found that the going language is English.

I understand the anger and disappointment for the US HL players about this merger but to say that nobody on HL is happy with it is not true.

I think PWI would have done wiser though to give people a choice. They could even have made money on a 'server transfer stone' or something like that. I know I would have paid for one to be able to go to Morai with my accounts.

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    reliea wrote: »
    English is a base language that most other countries learn, so it makes sense that even in EU servers that items/mobs/etc names would be in English,

In the past I used a French, German and English client. Only the German and English client showed the 'English' names. I just wanted to test it back then just because some people in my 'random squads' asked to kill a boss but didn't know the names that where used in the English client.

I believe the migration of both Harshlands and Morai won't give much problems with normal players and is good for anyone who plays on Harshlands (including me) to see more people outside the 'save zones'. Language won't be a problem simply because we can ignore it if we want to. The events like NW, RW, TW could be a problem for many but shouldn't we just wait until the merge? If it's tested did PWE think about changing event times a bit? We simply cannot answer this question which reminds me of the rest of the news:
    "All new servers will be PvE, though we don’t exclude the possibility to have a dedicated PvP server in the future. Obviously PvP enthusiasts will not be outdone in this merge: Not only can they switch to PvP mode anytime they need their daily dose of player blood-shedding, but they will also be able to participate to new, epic cross-server PvP challenges!""

Would it be possible to transfer our toon(s) to the PvP server in the future? Can we decide if we want only one or all our toons to that server? Questions that can't be answered by us. Personally I'll just wait until migration is done, looking forward to see some old EU friends again.

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    sjampie wrote: »

Would it be possible to transfer our toon(s) to the PvP server in the future? Can we decide if we want only one or all our toons to that server? Questions that can't be answered by us. Personally I'll just wait until migration is done, looking forward to see some old EU friends again.

Yes you can transfer them, they will have a server transfer stone in the boutique at a reasonable price of $250.

Obviously, I am kidding, but this is what they will do. Nothing is for free in PWE.

NGTUy53.png

• kefal
    kefal Posts: 31 Arc User
    I am an English player who started playing on Sanctuary many years ago but in the end ( because of time zone problems) gave up my chars and started over in the German then after the merger Morai servers. It is is disappointing that this merger has been annouced without prior discussion with the players but then what do we matter? I am not concerned about Harshlands merging with us but unless I lived in europe I would be very upset about being presented with a 'fait accomli' by PWI.
  • vulpeca
    vulpeca Posts: 30 Arc User
    Harshlands was my old server, and I moved to Morai years ago because of server time, so Im MORE than happy to see my old friends from HL is they're still playing. Thumbs up for this merge!! ​​
  • gokceerer1
    gokceerer1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Well it's kinda better cause there are people who started to playing before the EU server and didnt want to leave their leveled and gear chars. And i dont think that we are in a minority. Giving example from myself i never could be able to join any NW or other events just because of the time difference. But i understand the ones who doesnt want the merge and they are right they should've given a chance to change their chars in to the east server without losing their level,gear or money. But in my opinion merge is a pretty good option.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Just because the timezone will be in EU doesn't necessarily mean the server will physically be in EU. I'm thinking they may move all the servers to one datacenter to make the cross-server events easier.

The server merge makes more sense when seen as a cost reduction by removing datacenters.
    ​​
  • gomiamiheat
    gomiamiheat Posts: 51 Arc User
    Bias poll is bias half the people voting aren't even from HL. Yes you have your european ppl on HL happy, pretty much anyone american that works is not happy. We are also the server that will get SUFFIXED, so I would say they will probably keep event times + TW at EU server times making it impossible for most to enjoy that. Along with the addition of a feature that makes it possible to go blue name and trash talk and troll with no consequences out of safe zone.

Another major blow is that HL has higher prices than Morai so a lot of people are about to lose a lot of coin [if they invested] in basically all categories of stuff. [For example pstones are about 1.3k-2k on HL, found catshops on morai with pstones as low as 900].

The only positives there are to look at is better pvp if the morai people actually participate, events will be more fun if you can actually go and yeah...thats about it. Only real positive is competition factor basically everything else from event times, tw times, market prices, suffix on HL only, TW map, suffixed faction names. All those negatives far out weight the positives PWI should really consider fixing some of those problems or people like me that actually contribute to them will be leaving that way
    >

• zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I don't care either way.
    Another major blow is that HL has higher prices than Morai so a lot of people are about to lose a lot of coin [if they invested] in basically all categories of stuff. [For example pstones are about 1.3k-2k on HL, found catshops on morai with pstones as low as 900].

Really ? Maybe you got lucky. I haven't bought pstones recently and don't look at shop as often but prices for PS were more like 2k-2,5k and I thought prices were higher on Morai.
    What's the prices for cPacks or DoD for example ?
    I myself thought about stop buying some items I'm usually merchanting (on Morai) because I'm "afraid" of prices going down.
  • gomiamiheat
    edited July 2015
    zoldickun wrote: »

Really ? Maybe you got lucky. I haven't bought pstones recently and don't look at shop as often but prices for PS were more like 2k-2,5k and I thought prices were higher on Morai.
    What's the prices for cPacks or DoD for example ?
    I myself thought about stop buying some items I'm usually merchanting (on Morai) because I'm "afraid" of prices going down.

I dont merch so none of these things are negatives for me, I'm saying all the people on HL who do merch which is a good amount of people scoped out the prices on morai and came back pretty upset I didn't hear of one thing that HL has cheaper.

I think a great idea for the times is maybe alternating between USA and eu times weekly or something. They do maint like every week so it wouldn't be hard to pull off and SOMETIMES I could do EU times but not all times. I'd be much less butthurt if I could at least 100% make tw/nw on 2 weeks out of the month. Morai should want this as well anybody that is excited in morai said they will like the competition but whats the use if 85% of HL people cant show for events/tw/nw/rw? lol
  • khaallkein
    khaallkein Posts: 1 New User
    i do like an idea of merge, but, with dream. in fact, theres alot of eu living ppl on dif usa servs, because started to play be4 morai was created. My main mains are on dream, i know lot of ppl that prefer dream to merge, not harsh. but im sure same lot of ppl are on others servers to. i see the one good decision for pwi: dear GMs, if u r reading this, think about this idea: make an item or service allowing to remove char on ANY server. U made item for new name, new gender, now allow us to have new home. Perfectly, the best thing would be a chance no Any char change rerver once in its life for free. but i understand u wont do it, too many problems ._.
  • gomiamiheat
    reaperarm1 wrote: »

Not true. In 2008/2009 the feature/screen/menu to select west/east/european servers didn't exist. They did introduce this screen at same time when european servers started. Before that even their (tiny) homepage didn't mention anywhere that east/west servers are located in the USA.

Still not a good comparison. After you joined game and were still a super nab you could quit at anytime after you found out about the server times and it wouldn't matter as much as people with years in. It's not the same thing so stop bringing it up.
  • shtalenkov
    shtalenkov Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    All cross-servers events will be on US Time Zone anyway...

I think it will be fair for EAST and West people to allow them transfer their characters to EU server. Who wants... All others goes to planned merged servers.. Harshlands goes to East timezone
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    The merge is cool, more people. Hell let's compromise on the PVE thingy. But the events timing (atleast Territory resource war) needs to be made accessible to East coast players too.

If this is something which we need to wake up early morning 1 and attend, more than half of us would - but all the weekdays events timing are at 3pm for us. Most of us are at work / school by then. So get a centralized time or make inkdragon blood accessible at faction base and it's fair then.
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    I don't care either way.
    I think a great idea for the times is maybe alternating between USA and eu times weekly or something.

It will officially be EU server (and there will be one EC and one WC)so it would be non-sense. I know it's also non-sense in the first place to merge a US server with the EU server, but anyways...
    And I know I'm biased but I think it's better for american guys to play during EU time rather than the contrary. For friday's NW you're screwed if you work, but on saturdays you will have TW at 8-11 and 14-17. 8h is early but better than waking up in the middle of the night. For Sundays NW it will be from2h20PM until 4h20PM which might not bother lot of american guys in my opinion.

The funniest part will be saving times though.
  • kalkaria
    kalkaria Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'm on RT, so I'm not affected by this- But I think it's incredibly unfair. Majority of the players who chose Harshlands had a couple things in mind. One huge point being: It's in or near my timezone. Many of these players have invested incredibly large amounts of money and/or time into their characters, and now they willl be unable to attend game events with these characters.
    Yes, it's unfair.Once, in 2008, PWE did promote PWI on many national websites in Europe. There was no hint that servers are in the USA. There was no hint that events are only for specific zones. Actually, there were no different time zones, there was only one for all servers. And they called their game pw INTERNATIONAL. There was even no hint that some servers are located on east coast and others on west coast.

As I recall, when you selected your server back in 2008, you DID see an "east" and a "west". You could have shut off the game right then, realizing it wasn't based in Europe. Even if it didn't/you couldn't tell where it was, you'd be bound to notice something's weird within a week of playing. There's a difference between joining and CONTINUING to play on a server not in your timezone, and joining a server in your timezone and being FORCED OUT.
  • eland20
    eland20 Posts: 42 Arc User
    i think that everyone who talks about fair or unfair is ignoring the reality on all the servers.
    i also think those people are pretty narrow minded on themself.

the reality is that all servers have people from everywhere of the world.
    you can see russian, agypt, american, european, iran, and so on in worldchat and when you talk to people.
    harshlands has a guide with the name hungary, it that obvious enough for you people?

i am sure that pwi made some calculations and statistics to find out which server should go where to.
    they might found out that many people on harshlands server have characters on morai.

since they did not explain the base on which they made the decision, we wont know.

but please stop crying about fair or unfair and stop your narrow mind and open your view for
    other people and their situations. its not likely that more than 80% on each server chose it well
    more like 30% chose it well the rest got randomly in.

life is not fair, i want the 9 mil you want the american army.
  • kalkaria
    kalkaria Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    basepawn wrote: »
    Just a note:

In 2008/2009/... there were no timezone based events with high impact on the game (such as NW), so there was no reason why a european player should not join an US server, but now things have changed and important events are timezone based

I guess that's true. (Other than TW.) But still, why would someone go to a server 3000+ miles away/5000 + kilometers away what reason would to expect everything to be specialized for them ("Perfect world INTERNATIONAL" isn't really a valid response.) Either way, I'm getting off topic, so was my other post.

The issue at hand is: Should the players of Harshlands be forced out of their area in merge with morai. I believe no, it's unfair to the U.S players who chose an East Coast server for a reason.
    eland20 wrote: »
    i am sure that pwi made some calculations and statistics to find out which server should go where to.
    they might found out that many people on harshlands server have characters on morai.

As soon as you show me these studies, I will completely agree, I'm a narrow-minded American QQing baby from Raging Trolls.
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    kalkaria wrote: »

I guess that's true. (Other than TW.) But still, why would someone go to a server 3000+ miles away/5000 + kilometers away what reason would to expect everything to be specialized for them ("Perfect world INTERNATIONAL" isn't really a valid response.) Either way, I'm getting off topic, so was my other post.

because alot of people started the game at 2008/2009 and the EU server opened on july 2011.
    Also alot of people wanted a servertransfer but it was "not possible" they said so we sticked to our characters on harshlands.
    I didnt wanted to give my character up on harshlands because alot of time, money and sweat where going into my character and friends also where a huge nogo for starting from scratch.
    Back then, as he said, it wasnt a big deal when we joined because TW was the only really time based thing back then and i did not give a rats **** about it (and still dont really) but alot changed and now its different.
    Now people who are on the east are the ones with bad eventtimes (when they just leave the times as they are) but you know... they can just start from scratch on a server that fits them well with the times ¯\_(ツ)_/¯​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg