Questions about server merge (Consolidated)

bangbang
bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
Please post all quesitions in one thread and I will try my best to keep them updated and hope the PWE staff will help us answer them.

1. There is a note saying Demon/Sage Event Gold Tickets will be removed, what about the rewards from the celestial tigers event? Most players do this event in hopes of winning these event gold tickets.

3. How will auction house items/gold be handled after the merge. The way the data is stored on the servers will possibly cause some issues and possible item/gold loss. Since players list gold to be sold at X and bought at Y what happens if one server is selling gold that can easily sell out the auction house in another. (High suspicion of a corrupted auction house after merge.)

7. Can we vote on our server names? I feel the community at least deserves this, we should be able to propose names and have PWE approve names and then we can all vote for our names.

8. Would it be possible to delete the people who haven't logged in more than year too, so their names are freed up. I wouldn't like to have the suffix LC when the other person with my nickname (if there is one) quit just a few months after initial launch.

Suggestion:
TW Season winners for each new server should be able to choose if the server will be PvE or PvP the following season. Especially because we are sick and tired of these same rewards every season because I have too many ceremonial weapon tickets in my bank.
Post edited by bangbang on

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    bangbang wrote: »
    Please post all quesitions in one thread and I will try my best to keep them updated and hope the PWE staff will help us answer them.

1. There is a note saying Demon/Sage Event Gold Tickets will be removed, what about the rewards from the celestial tigers event? Most players do this event in hopes of winning these event gold tickets.

2. Weren't servers already sharing the same name servers? Would name conflicts really exist with this restriction already introduced?

3. How will auction house items/gold be handled after the merge. The way the data is stored on the servers will possibly cause some issues and possible item/gold loss. Since players list gold to be sold at X and bought at Y what happens if one server is selling gold that can easily sell out the auction house in another. (High suspicion of a corrupted auction house after merge.)

4. Will faction names also get the same prefix as names will?

5. Will there be some sort of economy overhaul so one server doesn't experience the economical fall out that Greece is experiencing?

6. As a Software Engineer I know the pitfalls of transferring/moving/merging large databases around and I am hoping you guys are backing everything up at least in 4 different locations before attempting this. I have seen too many corrupted tables due to duplicate key values and malformed insertion queries. Are there definitely going to be back ups of our data so we don't expect corrupted chars / loss.

7. Can we vote on our server names? I feel the community at least deserves this, we should be able to propose names and have PWE approve names and then we can all vote for our names.
    1. Already answered if you read the "Server Merge" thread.
    surtr wrote: »
    rieihdius wrote: »
    1 think it would be nice if GM clarify this:

''Demon/Sage event gold tickets will be removed and are non-reimbursable, so make sure to cash them out before the big day!''

When they say ''Demon/Sage Event gold tickets'' are they talking about the real tickets, like the ones you get from tigers event and promos... or are they talking about the event gold itself?
    The tickets are going away, not the event gold.

2. They stated in the news post how they will handle name conflicts. Only a few servers shared the same uniquename database.
    To avoid duplicate character and guild names, we will add suffixes to differentiate players with identical nicknames. This will prevent all sorts of technical and social issues, while leaving a trace you can use to kindly recall good ol’ times on your former servers. To accommodate these suffixes, character name limits on all servers are being increased from 12 to 14 letters. Here are the suffixes that will be used:
    Lost City : LC
    Raging Tide: RT
    Harshlands: HL

3. If they do it right, there sill be no issues with it. Prices between servers aren't that drastically different, and smart people won't be selling a lot AT the merge.

4. See the answer to #2

5. It should naturally balance out on it's own. PWE doesn't really interfere with the economy much outside of sales.

6. Yes, they always have backups. You're not likely to get a real answer on this though. This IS PWE we're talking about.

7. Nope, they're already been chosen and announced. Read the new post on it.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9470983-important:-upcoming-server-merges!​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bangbang
    #2 No they did not answer the second question because if they remove the item how about the reward form the tigers event? Will they be removing the event as well or replacing the reward.

#7 I understand the names they chose but they are kind of lame. Wouldn't it be cool if Lost City + Harshlands made Harsh City or Lost Lands? ....
  • hexemiyata
    hexemiyata Posts: 6 Arc User
    How exactly will be able to access characters from both servers? Do we see all 16 from one menu after the merge?
    avatarofchaos77 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2015

#7 I understand the names they chose but they are kind of lame. Wouldn't it be cool if Lost City + Harshlands made Harsh City or Lost Lands? ....
    No. No it would actually be kind of lame since all servers are named after PW locations.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User

No. No it would actually be kind of lame since all servers are named after PW locations.

Agreed but, Twilight Temple isnt even a city :c its an instance. Theres no Nirvana or Frost Covered server. And why cant we be like, uh, Tellus? The one city that to my knowledge has never had a server named after it?
  • bangbang
    edited July 2015
    Also, the whole PvE server is going to turn away a lot of end game players. Especially those who log on daily just to pk and assist in pk. Most end game players have hit the point where they don't need to do dailies because they are done with gears and leveling. I am curious why they decided to do PvE instead of just merging the PvP servers and PvE servers.

Pretty sure a lot of players left PvE servers just to join PvP servers and by making the new servers PvE just makes them feel like they wasted all their time. PvP game style is far different than PvE and most players picked PvP purposely especially when they were given the choice to choose after they first created their accounts.

I vote for a revamp and if there must be a merge, please merge the servers based on the types and not on the regions. We couldn't care less if the servers are located in Africa because we have players from all over in every server. Hell look at Lost City we have tons of EU players and AUS players and it is considered a west coast server.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Also, the whole PvE server is going to turn away a lot of end game players. Especially those who log on daily just to pk and assist in pk. Most end game players have hit the point where they don't need to do dailies because they are done with gears and leveling. I am curious why they decided to do PvE instead of just merging the PvP servers and PvE servers.
    Nothing is stopping you from PKing on a PVE server. You just can't gank people RPK as easily.
    ​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • bangbang
    Also, has anyone noticed they are merging the top 2 spending servers together. Meaning the players who are non-csers will not have a chance to survive at all in that server. The economy would be overrun by cash shoppers and those who work hard and farm will fall too far behind to catch up and just quit.
  • cheesespread#3490
    cheesespread#3490 Posts: 22 Arc User
    "Suggestion:
    TW Season winners for each new server should be able to choose if the server will be PvE or PvP the following season. Especially because we are sick and tired of these same rewards every season because I have too many ceremonial weapon tickets in my bank."

I second that
  • beniyoung
    beniyoung Posts: 15 Arc User
    Thanks i had the same question XD
  • exaltederick
    exaltederick Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Would it be possible to delete the people who haven't logged in more than year too, so their names are freed up. I wouldn't like to have the suffix LC when the other person with my nickname (if there is one) quit just a few months after initial launch.
  • ellavo
    ellavo Posts: 76 Arc User
    I have a question about Nation Wars.
    With server merge there will be over 200+ players per Nation, with only with only 81,812 Supply Tokens to be divided, meaning you will get less Tokens per Nation.
    Shouldn't the amount be increased more than 81,812 Tokens. If not, the losing Nation want hardly get any Tokens and my not be worth doing for the cost of charms and anything else used to do NW.
    Just my thought's, what do ya'll think about that
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    ellavo wrote: »
    I have a question about Nation Wars.
    With server merge there will be over 200+ players per Nation, with only with only 81,812 Supply Tokens to be divided, meaning you will get less Tokens per Nation.
    Shouldn't the amount be increased more than 81,812 Tokens. If not, the losing Nation want hardly get any Tokens and my not be worth doing for the cost of charms and anything else used to do NW.
    Just my thought's, what do ya'll think about that

No. There were 200+ people participating in NW when that event was launched. Less tokens per person = higher prices for mats from tokens.
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'd like to know what will happen to people who have full account stashes on both servers (one account) when the merge happens. Because a lot of people won't think to clear them out... but if there are 32 items and 16 spaces, that is going to mess up.
    eirghan wrote: »
    And why cant we be like, uh, Tellus? The one city that to my knowledge has never had a server named after it?

We actually have enough unused main cities to keep it city themed... Plume, Etherblade, Tellus and Dawnglory. I don't know who decided Twilight Temple would be a good idea, honestly. But I have to say, Tideswell kind of cracks me up. Sounds like a butler.
    ​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    chchchchia wrote: »
    I'd like to know what will happen to people who have full account stashes on both servers (one account) when the merge happens. Because a lot of people won't think to clear them out... but if there are 32 items and 16 spaces, that is going to mess up.
    eirghan wrote: »
    And why cant we be like, uh, Tellus? The one city that to my knowledge has never had a server named after it?

We actually have enough unused main cities to keep it city themed... Plume, Etherblade, Tellus and Dawnglory. I don't know who decided Twilight Temple would be a good idea, honestly. But I have to say, Tideswell kind of cracks me up. Sounds like a butler.
    ​​

LOL Tideswell fetch my jacket.

Sorry it's the butler server now xD
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    If you have a specific question about Server Merges, please see this thread here. http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1197811/server-merge-faq/p1

If you want to discuss Server Merges in general, please use this this thread here.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1197683/server-merges/p1

There is no need for so many threads. Thanks!
    ​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
This discussion has been closed.