Kniraven vs HawkeyeJR (Blademaster vs Archer)

daymond
daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Arigora Colosseum
Kniraven vs HawkeyeJR
(Blademaster vs Archer)

:)
Click HERE

b68vwk.png
alFcxeg.png
www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven

Comments

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    That's pretty epic how you were able to counter a better geared and better skilled archer by walking forward. Great strategy there.​​
  • daymond
    edited July 2015
    asterelle wrote: »
    That's pretty epic how you were able to counter a better geared and better skilled archer by walking forward. Great strategy there.​​

I am curious by what you judge my opponent's gear and skill.
    It is no secret that keeping close range to an archer reduces their damage, and you might be surprised at the difficulty to do that when an archer is skilled.

Would it be favorable if I refrained from posting fights which include archers? This is not the first time you have made an ironic remark on a fight; pushing an agenda about class inferiority.

Many people feel that way about their own class, but that is not what I'd like my topic to be about
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    From your video I can tell he has around 21k HP which is near the limit for archers while I remember you claiming to be mostly +10~+11 vit shard. I see him using apoth like ZTP and making full use of skills while you don't even use revelation pots and forget about master li's technique and never switch to the jones blessing when attacking. You claim that archers hit you with 25k crits but why is it his best metal crit is like 8k here? How would he get that 8k to 25k when you don't have a single mres buff?​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • daymond
    asterelle wrote: »
    You claim that archers hit you with 25k crits but why is it his best metal crit is like 8k here? How would he get that 8k to 25k when you don't have a single mres buff?​​

And you continue to push your agenda about archers being weak/broken/etc. etc. I agree they are not a great 1v1 class, but that does not make them broken. They outshine in TW and mass PvP most classes so greatly its a wonder any bother complain. But, once again please save that conversation for the archer forums or a thread of your own.

Anyhow, 66% m.def charms. Also my gear improves with time. It is now a mix of +11 and +12. Yes the archer does out gear me in way of shards.

alFcxeg.png
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    daymond wrote: »
    It is no secret that keeping close range to an archer reduces their damage, and you might be surprised at the difficulty to do that when an archer is skilled.

You simply press sprint and run next to the archer? WOW! Such a brilliant strategy!

That was one of the better archer gameplays I have seen and the fact you quite literally simply walked to him despite his fairly good attempts to kite. Oh, you pressed sprint/blade hurl couple of times. Archer vs BM matchup is unwinnable to archer w/o serious advantage in skill and/or gear.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • daymond
    saxroll wrote: »

You simply press sprint and run next to the archer? WOW! Such a brilliant strategy!

That was one of the better archer gameplays I have seen and the fact you quite literally simply walked to him despite his fairly good attempts to kite. Oh, you pressed sprint/blade hurl couple of times. Archer vs BM matchup is unwinnable to archer w/o serious advantage in skill and/or gear.

Sprints were used to keep up, yes.
    Strategically I used a shadowbind powder for an additional sprint & antistun. The choice was made in place of an immunity because my opponent can not tell the difference between it and red sprint, and my opponent will also be more bold against an enemy which damage can still be dealt to.

I used faith strategically, not just wasting it first chance i got because i was stunned or frozen.
    Disarms and seals are/were used when my antistuns were in cd, my opponent had gained a distance advantage and/or i was in danger of being killed.

Being lower level than my opponent I could not make use of a stealth pot, all the same I used the time my enemy was stealthed to my advantage gaining chi and aoe'ing nearby targets to unstealth him, knowing that archers mobility in stealth is limited.

When i needed time for cooldowns, I took to the air and took advantage of superior flight speed due to my genie choice.

I switched between axes for attack and swords for defense levels + chi.

So, yes, skill is involved.
    But if you want to continue saying that only an archer's victory is worth merit be my guest.
    You're welcome to check out my channel and tell me all about how my victories against other classes are due to their innate inferiority as well.
    alFcxeg.png
  • methylcytosine
    methylcytosine Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    fk zsw for linking this thread to me and tricking me into watching

EA played like downer, sitting there trying to seal lock wr at point blank range, no STA, relying on debuff when wr is clearly heirobuggable given the potential to hit 11ks (let's just reflect on the fact that in the first fight, about 3 seconds into a 5 second stun, with charm freshly ticked and archer out of skills that take less than 3 seconds to channel and cast, this wr wastes faith--"I USE FAITH STRATEGICALLY" hue uw0tm80), lightnings on mag marrowed wr with no demon bell, ANY WOOD PILL

In any case how in the seven fks are you ever out of chi on 1.5 def camping holy wr anyways.

Not saying EA isn't ******** extraordinare on retail server but damn, that rustled me enough to log onto PWI forum

- Walpurga​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • keihan007#7641
    edited July 2015
    fk zsw for linking this thread to me and tricking me into watching

EA played like downer, sitting there trying to seal lock wr at point blank range, no STA, relying on debuff when wr is clearly heirobuggable given the potential to hit 11ks (let's just reflect on the fact that in the first fight, about 3 seconds into a 5 second stun, with charm freshly ticked and archer out of skills that take less than 3 seconds to channel and cast, this wr wastes faith--"I USE FAITH STRATEGICALLY" hue uw0tm80), lightnings on mag marrowed wr with no demon bell, ANY WOOD PILL

In any case how in the seven fks are you ever out of chi on 1.5 def camping holy wr anyways.

Not saying EA isn't ******** extraordinare on retail server but damn, that rustled me enough to log onto PWI forum

- Walpurga

Actually, that archer kited better than I personally have ever seen you kite. Several perfect leaps from under roar, might be a ping thing but calling that downer gameplay is just silly. Its not perfect but way better than average gameplay on servers your group likes to hang on. I couldnt find the seal with quick skimming, I would ask how our god Walpurga had used it? 20m range is terrible and BM cant truly be kited. Using it on blank range for few extra seconds of DD could in theory work decently.

Still, its unwinnable matchup. You cant outlast BM as they regen chi better. You cant jump their defenses either cause they tanky with plethora of ways to disrupt your attacks. ​​

• xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    Why are we talking about how bad the archer is when the blademaster is clearly a hundred thousand times worse, like holy jesus, you're a sage BM that spent 90% of the fight with less than a spark(star smite lol?), you didn't even attempt to use leaps to close the gap between the archer when he was kiting, leaving you to run after him for half a minute like a complete moron, also, whirlwind anyone? You have it, use it.

Your camera angles also made me autistic.
  • methylcytosine
    edited July 2015
    oh yea forgot to even mention the lack of leaping stuns on a 0 chan server

@ the random there's a difference between holding down one of the WASD keys

also 0:31; watch this god ea seal on top of seal rip gf 420 blaze 2 MLG5u

average where I play is the same as average here because here is where average comes from; trash is trash wherever you throw it out

who are you anyways
  • keihan007#7641
    oh yea forgot to even mention the lack of leaping stuns on a 0 chan server

@ the random there's a difference between holding down one of the WASD keys

also 0:31; watch this god ea seal on top of seal rip gf 420 blaze 2 MLG5u

average where I play is the same as average here because here is where average comes from; trash is trash wherever you throw it out

who are you anyways

Because I didnt mention near perfect leaps where roar went into CD while he avoided the stun? Cause thats just pressing wasd key? Get your head out of your ****. When you pay enough attention to notice him mistiming seal with aim low seal, you really should be noticing that too. Then again I have long ago accepted your little group is completely anal bout the littlest things and completely blow them out of proportion. You also ignore the good parts of the gameplay so you can flash out those mistakes even further.

Ps. I am just someone who finds your little group of circlejerkers entertaining. If you wanted you could find out who but I dont see what value that would add to anything.

As for focusing on archer, not BM? I honestly dont play BM much. I have very little basic understanding of how BMs do things like build chi, I am far more familiar what they can/do to you. All I have to say, BMs with chi burn genie are so much "fun" to fight on archer. ​​

• xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    As for focusing on archer, not BM? I honestly dont play BM much. I have very little basic understanding of how BMs do things like build chi, I am far more familiar what they can/do to you. All I have to say, BMs with chi burn genie are so much "fun" to fight on archer. ​​
    The only class that has better chi gain than a blademaster is an assassin. Blademasters have "star smite" a sword skill that allows 50 chi every 8 seconds. If you fit this in while locking, you can continuously lock someone while maintaining three sparks. The entire span of the video he used it .....four times, which is laughable, really, considering blademaster is a very chi reliant class.

• methylcytosine
    what toraah said. Everyone and their mother knows how to leap lionroar you ever leaped -30% channel +3.00 range axe drake bash? Doubt it. You say I blow the littlest things out of proportion but you're doing the same, except in the other direction. Leaps are 1st grade level. Also, this wr can't even lock with **** stun meanwhile 1.3 wrs been no-gap glitch locking on pre-morai expansion servers for past 4 years

Name a server, give me geared char, get fkin schooled. Any challenge?
  • keihan007#7641
    Name a server, give me geared char, get fkin schooled. Any challenge?

I dont have a geared char on any server, lol. Nor is 1vs1 really my flavor of PvP. I would wonder what that would prove anyways as I nowhere claimed to be some godlike archer personally? All I said, you arent as good as you think you are or least you werent when I last saw you, god knows how long ago. ​​

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Mhm, I feel like I should join this bash of egos :D

So many cocky people here GEEEEZ. Some of you are really overcomplicating things. A 1on1 is decided by how well-prepared someone is. Is it hard to outplay an Archer, heck Faith genie users in general? No. Archers have it even a bit worse. It doesnt matter how good the Archer/enemy is. If you use a STR-Built Genie and Occult Ice in a 1on1 as a BM or lets say Barb (due to their compareable playstyle in 1on1s) then the Archer is pretty much chancesless. Once Faith depletes the genie -> Throw Shadowbinder -> Close the gap -> Lock archer to death. If OI does miss wait for genie CD and try again.

Essentially, Occult Ice or rather the whole genie is whats most important in 1on1s no matter what class you play on. Through the years...I could never really understand why so many people (cept sins cause it serves as a fail save here) are relying on Faith. Using Faith leaves you WIDE-open for a long time. A long enough time to lock and kill most classes with the use of OI. If we are talking about equal endgame PvP there is no such thing as killing someone within the duration of Faith. 5 Seconds are mostly not enough time to kill someone or even to get away most of the time. If you have a great genie..lets say you need to wait ~25 seconds before using any decent skill on your genie. That's why most Archer die so easy. Really...thats mostly the only reason. Many players other classes die due to that as well.

So in an equal fight between archer and BM/Barb the Archer is totally chanceless if the BM/Barb is using a STR-Genie and the Archer uses a Faith-Build. Like I've said in the Archer forums already...don't blame the class. Archer is fine. You guys are just not observing the game in the correct manner. You overlook things. How can a decent player not have at least 3 dif genies? How will you fight in mass PvP, 1on1s and PvE with the highest possible efficiency if you dont have well-prepared genies? Miserable. As an Archer..I would also use a STR-Built genie to fight BMs/Barbs. Whirlwind, OI, Expel, AD. Those are the most important skills in that scenario.

But ya, keep bashing classes cause you simply dont understand this game. That's cool, too. I mean anyone needs to do something to pass time, like I had to while writing this. Without conflict and bashing...+sigh+..wouldn't life be just boring?

BTT: YOu did good in this fight mate and the archer surely wasn't the worst there is as well :D It doesnt really matter if you've done 100% of what was possible during these fights. The important thing is that you enjoyed it, both of you. People always come here and make room for their frustration. THEIR FRUSTRATION. I wish they had the time to look in the mirror and realize that most of their problems are really their problems and got nothing to do with a game. Always acting so tough, you people. Geeez. Please dont be mad at them tho for derailing your thread and excuse my addition to it but ya humans are humans. We are all the same. So we share all faults as well. All the good and the bad.
  • keihan007#7641
    jsxshadow wrote: »

So in an equal fight between archer and BM/Barb the Archer is totally chanceless if the BM/Barb is using a STR-Genie and the Archer uses a Faith-Build. Like I've said in the Archer forums already...don't blame the class. Archer is fine. You guys are just not observing the game in the correct manner. You overlook things. How can a decent player not have at least 3 dif genies? How will you fight in mass PvP, 1on1s and PvE with the highest possible efficiency if you dont have well-prepared genies? Miserable. As an Archer..I would also use a STR-Built genie to fight BMs/Barbs. Whirlwind, OI, Expel, AD. Those are the most important skills in that scenario.

But ya, keep bashing classes cause you simply dont understand this game. That's cool, too. I mean anyone needs to do something to pass time, like I had to while writing this. Without conflict and bashing...+sigh+..wouldn't life be just boring?

So how does archer exactly kill BM/Barb/Seeker/Sin/DB if the class is fine? Heck, some casters are similarly difficult fights. I have asked this from everybody who start with this same bs how archers as a class are fine and players just suck. Nobody has yet given satisfactory answer on how archer is supposed to do things they claim possible. They usually exaggerate things such archers damage/mobility completely out of proportion making you wonder if what you read was parody.

As for genies. I never been a fan of Faith and I dont have it on my genies. I have 81+ LP genie, if I ever get 91+ the 8th skill will likely be fortify even if WoG has fairly short CD. But my general PvP genie has Will Surge, Extreme Poison, Holypath, AD, Badge of Courage, CE, SoF. CE is more or less for NW when map ends/is bout to end to fill some chi for upcoming battle and have genie charge when you moving maps. SoF allows me to beat most wizzies on server even if they are few cause 1. Most suck and 2. it removes their 1 click win button. As I earlier stated I am not too interested in 1vs1s and as they are so class specific I have not bothered making genies for them.

Ps. What you call as 1vs1 PvP is what I would call duels. The preparation you get to do for them takes some out of it, I personally prefer random fights you dont see coming. Those, imo, tell players ability with their class far better than friendly 1vs1s. ​​

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »

So how does archer exactly kill BM/Barb/Seeker/Sin/DB if the class is fine? Heck, some casters are similarly difficult fights. I have asked this from everybody who start with this same bs how archers as a class are fine and players just suck. Nobody has yet given satisfactory answer on how archer is supposed to do things they claim possible. They usually exaggerate things such archers damage/mobility completely out of proportion making you wonder if what you read was parody.

As for genies. I never been a fan of Faith and I dont have it on my genies. I have 81+ LP genie, if I ever get 91+ the 8th skill will likely be fortify even if WoG has fairly short CD. But my general PvP genie has Will Surge, Extreme Poison, Holypath, AD, Badge of Courage, CE, SoF. CE is more or less for NW when map ends/is bout to end to fill some chi for upcoming battle and have genie charge when you moving maps. SoF allows me to beat most wizzies on server even if they are few cause 1. Most suck and 2. it removes their 1 click win button. As I earlier stated I am not too interested in 1vs1s and as they are so class specific I have not bothered making genies for them.

Ps. What you call as 1vs1 PvP is what I would call duels. The preparation you get to do for them takes some out of it, I personally prefer random fights you dont see coming. Those, imo, tell players ability with their class far better than friendly 1vs1s. ​​

The problem is that if your enemy knows the archer class well then it is quite easy to counter it. The Archer is not a class that can easily take on most other classes out of the blue. That's sad but true. Class that could do that are the sin or the barb.

You pretty much need to know your enemy to win as an Archer in most cases and thus need to prepare everything you need for a decent counterstrategy. Like I said before...it isnt impossible to win as an Archer..it is just harder in comparision with other classes. No one gives you advice above this cause it depends too much on the enemy. You cant generalize this. Still. Try a STR-Built genie and see how amazing it is with Occult Ice in 1on1s vs most classes =P Don't forget whirlwind.
  • daymond
    edited July 2015
    Well, since my victories against archers do not count as worth watching, and all archers are by definition gimps regardless of inferiority int he ways of gear, please feel free to watch some of my videos against other classes.

Kniraven vs Pantene (Assassin)
    Kniraven vs NikiBG (Assassin)
    Kniraven vs TendosAngel (Psychic)
    Kniraven vs DreamChazer (Blademaster)
    Kniraven vs Jungleboy (Blademaster)

Since it is what my thread has become,
    Archers are not the best 1v1 classm and I have never said they were.
    Venomancers have poor damage compared to other arcane classes.
    Assassins are less of a big deal in mass pvp environments.
    Mystic's damage dealing summons are all 1 shots that don't hurt at all end game.
    Blademasters have the poorest damage of all physical classes (heavens flame makes up for it though)
    Wizards amps don't do diddily squat anymore.
    Seekers are so easily controlled that w/o genie they're basically just praying and relying on gear to not die.

Are all of these classes broken? No not really.
    Some classes are bad at some things and better at others.

Archers aren't the best at 1v1. So what. They completely dominate in large scale PvP and TW.

Archer has the highest base physical damage of every class in the game due to their bow weapon.
    You don't hit super high on the score board because you don't have the strong amps and zerk.

Archer has the best range in the entire game.

Archer has the greatest ranged DPS in the game.

Archer has the only mobile Zhen skill in the game.

Archer is one of 2 physical classes with powerful magic attacks.

Archer has the strongest magic damage buff of the physical classes.

Archer has more anti-stuns than any other class.

Archer has the longest lasting amp skill of any class.

Archers have only 4 spark recovery skill in game.

Archer is one of two classes with non-time limited stealth

Archer has the only free leap skills in the game
    -double the leaps a wizard has
    -both leaps greater distance than BM has

Archer has the highest % purge weapon in the game
    (+ it is ranged)

Every single class has advantages and disadvantages, things they are good at and things they are not.
    Everybody needs to learn how to use your class's advantages and the things unique to it instead of whining about the things you can't do. We all have things we can and can't do.

I am not a perfect player, but neither are any of you. Now please, be entertained by the video and enjoy yourself, or go to another thread and spend your free time whining there instead of my post.
    alFcxeg.png
  • laikiraski
    laikiraski Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Well, since my victories against archers do not count as worth watching, and all archers are by definition gimps regardless of inferiority int he ways of gear, please feel free to watch some of my videos against other classes.

Mystic's damage dealing summons are all 1 shots that don't hurt at all end game.
    Blademasters have the poorest damage of all physical classes (heavens flame makes up for it though)
    Seekers are so easily controlled that w/o genie they're basically just praying and relying on gear to not die.

Archers aren't the best at 1v1. So what. They completely dominate in large scale PvP and TW.

Archer has the highest base physical damage of every class in the game due to their bow weapon.
    You don't hit super high on the score board because you don't have the strong amps and zerk.

(+ it is ranged)

Every single class has advantages and disadvantages, things they are good at and things they are not.
    Everybody needs to learn how to use your class's advantages and the things unique to it instead of whining about the things you can't do. We all have things we can and can't do.

I am not a perfect player, but neither are any of you. Now please, be entertained by the video and enjoy yourself, or go to another thread and spend your free time whining there instead of my post.

Finally some common sence and no qq spoted...BRAVO!
  • paulchenpanter
    paulchenpanter Posts: 8 Arc User
    nice one Kni as so often... one of the BMs that kept me playing BM before Rebirth update
    I can imagine sage BMs have a hard time against eas... as demon im doing quite well against them even if they outskill me... bell/marrow spam ftw XD
    wondering why the EA is not putting the fight to the air... could be that im too dump but catching them in the air is a pain...
    Eddy from HL > ya that nab BM
  • methylcytosine
    edited July 2015
    air 1v1 were in fashion from 1.3 to early 1.4 but went out of fashion when sins came out and aps became The Thing so people don't actually 1v1 in air anymore per change of social convention.

Just popped by to check since I made ego claims here
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    This thread is hilarious. Pretty sure the only way an archer can kill a BM 1v1 is if the BM is just straight out terrible or the archer significantly outgears.

And how the **** are people still not at least 105/103/103 by now. That's like a basic requirement if you do any sort of pvp at all.​​
  • patrickhuong
    patrickhuong Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    OMG just make a freaking archer and tell me how to PVP
    i am waiting for someone to show me how to PVP on archer
    archer is fine, archer is good......i am sick of hearing it
    if it's fine.....then how come so many people complain and none gives a good strategies how to effectively PVP as archer......because you know what there is none
    archer is a dead class period.....
    laikiraski wrote: »

(+ it is ranged)

Finally some common sence and no qq spoted...BRAVO!

do you have archer toon by any chance?
    have you played archer by any chance?
    have you PVP on archer by any chance?
    have you killed someone that's more OP than you with archer by any chance?
    I bet you said no on all of those​​
  • daymond
    Yes.
    Again, Yes.
    Indeed, Yes I have. I admit though it is usually 1v1 to 3v3 and not massive scale though.
    The archer class needs to be able to beat people who are superior to them for it to be fair/good? That's sort of a paradox don't you think? In any case, Yes. I find that AA's are extremely easy to kill while they are focused on a different target and aren't hitting you.
    I bet you said no on all of those
    How much were we betting?
    alFcxeg.png
  • patrickhuong
    patrickhuong Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yes.
    Again, Yes.
    Indeed, Yes I have. I admit though it is usually 1v1 to 3v3 and not massive scale though.
    The archer class needs to be able to beat people who are superior to them for it to be fair/good? That's sort of a paradox don't you think? In any case, Yes. I find that AA's are extremely easy to kill while they are focused on a different target and aren't hitting you.
    I bet you said no on all of those
    How much were we betting?

why don't you make a video about archer PKing so i can learn how to play my archer....Mr. almighty Kniverin
    PS: any archer toon under RRR9 gears doesn't count forgot to add that into the post sorry (any PK PVP doesn't invole RRR9 gears is....i am sorry nonsense/useless/waste of time).
    PS: I made a mistake....it should be equal gears not more OP gears...my bad
    PS: an undergear sin can kill an archer easily....wanna see?