Easy Way to make Money during the Midsummer Event

Options
asterelle
asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
So some people are complaining they don't know how to make coins in the game and that they will miss receiving 9m coins from logging in and doing nothing.
Here's how you can make plenty of coins doing almost nothing.

This week the GMs activated the Smoke over Archosaur Event.
It happens every day at 5pm server time. Here's a link on PWDB. http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/33157
All you do is kill 1 mob. http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/33158
Kill a second mob. http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/33159
Turn the quest in to General Sumner.
Then you head to North / South / West arch gate and attack the boss that spawns at 5:20 ish once.
That boss is around for 1 or 2 minutes and everyone is able to attack it.
Literally there is less than 60seconds of actual work involved with this event but here is the reward you can get.
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/33230

EDIT: Actually you can skip the mobs and just attack the boss if you don't care about the XP reward.

Every single reward you can get is either a bunch of coin or something easily sold for coins. It's worth about 1.6 million coins on average.
Do this for 5 days and you can easily get around 9m.

There is your quick and easy 9m and it doesn't involve dumping a trillion coins on the server with 90% of it going to people who abused the pill giveaway.
Post edited by asterelle on

Comments

• mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    Options
    agreed,this will be abused much much less, we get so much free, we need things that take some minimal effort at least to keep the servers alive

only issue... ./insert timezone qq./ entire Europe area is prettty screwed, and 5pm is a bit silly for PST..just when people getting out of work, but i guess it can't conflict with other events, so thats tough to set
  • shtalenkov
    shtalenkov Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    45 mirages don't cost 1.6 million coins. 600k. Awesome reward!
  • ellany
    ellany Posts: 35 Arc User
    Options
    would be even better if it was ran twice a day (different times obviously) for those who are asleep during the present timing of the event ....
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You don't even need a mob kill. Well you can if you want some free exp and hp/mp food. All you need is to get ready at boss spawn a little before 5:30 and help killing. Nothing else needed.

I don't think staying up for the event is that bad for Europeans. Most should be able to stay up to ~2 am during summer vacation. 8 pm TW/NW (~5 am) is way worse to get up for.
    Post edited by testxvi on
  • maxxxson
    maxxxson Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Its crazy how easy it is to make Coin and people keep complaining about how hard it is.
    Questing received huge Coin reward buffs in the last years, so that ppl can make millions from them now.
    Events everywhere and DAILY during the week with awesome rewards to make money, not counting, Cube and other things.

And yet nothing...i guess they are just lazy and dont want to actually play or farm?
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    shtalenkov wrote: »
    45 mirages don't cost 1.6 million coins. 600k. Awesome reward!

Maybe you missed the word "average".

-mod edit: removed reply to removed post-​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    Options
    Honestly those that are QQing over the removal of the 9m reward are just QQing about the fact they are lazy SOBs that just want hand outs. Those players don't realize the bigger consequences of introducing a game breaking reward. They would cry if they tried to play on the China servers where everything is in the billions. (Due to bots flooding the market with coins.)
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    Options
    If there are people like me, not everyone will be able to attend the event. It's happening around 3 am my time. I know it's my bad that I'm on the wrong server, I know. But it's hard to start completely over...and honestly I'm not in the mood to start from scratch on another server. Plus I have friends here, people that I know..

I'm not complaining or anything. I'm happy for anything that I get. If I get something it's cool, if I don't get it, that's cool too. This isn't a complaint.

I'm just stating that there might be people like me that won't be able to attend this fun event.

Some suggested for it to run twice on different times? That would be cool. But again, it's not that PWI has to do it, more like a pipe dream of mine? I'm happy and grateful for the events and rewards, thank you!
  • lamb91
    lamb91 Posts: 18 Arc User
    Options
    iv just tried doing it, and my screen freezed due to the amount of players in it, i couldnt even touch the boss and didnt get the quest. GG asterelle.
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    Options
    lamb91 wrote: »
    iv just tried doing it, and my screen freezed due to the amount of players in it, i couldnt even touch the boss and didnt get the quest. GG asterelle.

thats an issue and for some reason sometimes you dont get the reward even if u hit the boss
  • darky26
    Options
    The previous time that I participated in the event, what I used to do, was click on the icon on the top left of the screen, that lowers the settings a lot and makes my client run better (or so I think) during busy events like these. It helped me a lot, during this event!
    The said button is this one: http://i.imgur.com/UMcJrFH.png?1
    I think, please correct me if I'm wrong. I can easily click on it again after the event, and the settings will revert back.
    alexanade wrote: »
    thats an issue and for some reason sometimes you dont get the reward even if u hit the boss
    The previous time, there were somedays when the event run twice during the day. Once that I had participated on the morning and got the reward, later in the night I didn't get a reward, even though I completed the event and hit the boss. I read somewhere at that time, that one will get the reward only once a day, even if he/she participates twice during the day. So maybe this affects it too?

• lamb91
    lamb91 Posts: 18 Arc User
    Options
    it was my first time..
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Options
    I did it last night and I had ADD and sparked instead of picking up drops after the boss died but nonetheless I received 1000 perfect stones from taking the quest from General Summer beforehand. Perfect stones on my server ( Heavens Tear ) goes for 950 coins so that could've been an easy 950k.
  • bankbobb
    bankbobb Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    > @testxvi said:
    > You don't even need a mob kill. Well you can if you want some free exp and hp/mp food. All you need is to get ready at boss spawn a little before 5:30 and help killing. Nothing else needed.
    >
    > I don't think staying up for the event is that bad for Europeans. Most should be able to stay up to ~2 am during summer vacation. 8 pm TW/NW (~5 am) is way worse to get up for.

that might be true for pupils/students but definitely not for those who work (and tbh i think theres maybe 20% of europeans who got holidays)

edit: sry bout the crappy quotations, forums messing it up again on this end​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • thefoxxie
    thefoxxie Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options

This event are only good for those player's that can participate the event time.. but, what about the other player(s) that can't participate coz of time difference (ex: player's that still at work )?

PWI should atleast turn on the event twice ( once @ daytime and another @ night time).
  • techdawg
    techdawg Posts: 22 Arc User
    Options
    Great suggestion, thank you Asterelle. Unfortunately, some of us just can't ever be there at that time.. making it not even worth grabbing a treasure trove this time.​​
    Signature_2.png
  • vampjinx1
    vampjinx1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    I dont even know where or which NPC to get the quest at to even get the rewards or what not. Can someone please explain to me how i get the quest?
  • Sirkura
    Sirkura Posts: 21 Arc User
    Options
    alexanade wrote: »

aside from hitting "best performance" you can also change a setting in the options as well. Look for graphics (below distances i believe on the second/third tab over) and lower that all the way, takes away graphical effects like skills greatly speeding up your frame rate. sounds like you probably have a weaker CPU, that will help a lot.
    kkmmsig.jpg
  • maydusk1
    maydusk1 Posts: 16 Arc User
    Options
    The bosses all spawn at the same time =) but there is other easy ways it just requires time..like the jolly old jones quest for between lvl20-79 money you get for each lvl range changes =)
  • darky26
    edited July 2015
    Options
    edit

I apologize for the trouble and thank you!

Post edited by darky26 on
  • kalkaria
    kalkaria Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hmm, I've done the event twice the past 2 days, I haven't gotten any reward. I'm hearing other people around me had the same problem. Is this just a bug? I did all the required steps.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kalkaria wrote: »
    Hmm, I've done the event twice the past 2 days, I haven't gotten any reward. I'm hearing other people around me had the same problem. Is this just a bug? I did all the required steps.

I sometimes had this too, but recently have had no problem and I think it was because I might have been debuffing? Not sure it's just a theory. Make sure you hit the boss a few times and make sure you aren't just debuffing the boss, do some damage.
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    Options
    Thanks for when its at! also did not know it was everyday was a shocker :smile:
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • chucknorristhemighty
    chucknorristhemighty Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    Could someone tell at what time it take place in dreamweaver?
    Im sure isn't at 5pm server time... No always.