New Tw Map/Lag Improvements

xxxthekidxxx
xxxthekidxxx Posts: 38 Arc User
Firstly I am not sure if there are other discussion related to this topic, so forgive me if there is.

Just want to say to PWI please make a new fun TW map which can handle 160 players properly.

The current TW map is far too old and omg the lag is unreal when we have a big TW with 160 ish people in it. Cant tell who is hitting you or cant even move sometimes.

It would be really cool if you can redesign the map and have a new fun concept rather than just kill the crystal (just an idea).

Also maybe make TWs a bit longer like 45min-1h ish. Currently we wait whole week for TW and its over in 10/20min which is no fun.

Anyways thanks for listening hope you can do something about it.

Comments

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    TW is 3 hours long. If it takes you 10/20 minutes, it means your faction outmatches your opponents. Join a weaker faction, they have more fun tw.

Lag is an issue, some people run 20~40 fsp with the same hardware i have, but i get 1~3 fps in 80 vs 80 tw. Watch the videos people upload, and ask them what they do to reduce their lag. Read the tech support forum, sylen has awesome guides and links.
  • xxxthekidxxx
    jabq wrote: »
    TW is 3 hours long. If it takes you 10/20 minutes, it means your faction outmatches your opponents. Join a weaker faction, they have more fun tw.

Lag is an issue, some people run 20~40 fsp with the same hardware i have, but i get 1~3 fps in 80 vs 80 tw. Watch the videos people upload, and ask them what they do to reduce their lag. Read the tech support forum, sylen has awesome guides and links.

Thanks for the info and PWI could prevent a fac from taking other facs base within 20/30min easily. Also its about time they updated the map, its far too old. If they give us somehting new it will be more fun and more interesting.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Your "lag" has absolutely nothing to do with the map. Usually you get a low FPS because your CPU can't handle all the effects going off in a large battle. Low FPS is not lag.

Lag has to do with your connection to the server. The servers themselves can more than handle the 160 player limit. The server won't start slugging until it reaches about 400 players on that one map within the immediate visible area. (that would be pretty damn crowded btw)

So your entire post is basically...
    1. You need a better system or connection to the server (or both).
    2. You need a faction that will last longer than 10-20 minutes, or you guys need a better strategy if you are equally matched.
    I've been in plenty of 3-hour battles. Just last night it was a 40-minute battle and we held out pretty well against a faction much stronger than us.
    3. Nothing you mentioned at all is an issue on the side of the server, or PWE. "PWI" cannot prevent it from happening easily. The issue is with gear completely outranking the game.
    That's mostly PWE's fault, however they aren't going to be taking it away any time soon. Wanmei won't change the map to balance it with our gear, and since our servers were set up in an unusual fashion, we are unable to take advantage of the Server vs. server battles.

@jabq If other people with the same hardware get better FPS, then the issue is almost definitely your PC and it's software or settings. PM me a link to a Speccy output and I'll see what I can do to help you there.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • xxxthekidxxx
    edited July 2015
    Your "lag" has absolutely nothing to do with the map. Usually you get a low FPS because your CPU can't handle all the effects going off in a large battle. Low FPS is not lag.

Lag has to do with your connection to the server. The servers themselves can more than handle the 160 player limit. The server won't start slugging until it reaches about 400 players on that one map within the immediate visible area. (that would be pretty damn crowded btw)

So your entire post is basically...
    1. You need a better system or connection to the server (or both).
    2. You need a faction that will last longer than 10-20 minutes, or you guys need a better strategy if you are equally matched.
    I've been in plenty of 3-hour battles. Just last night it was a 40-minute battle and we held out pretty well against a faction much stronger than us.
    3. Nothing you mentioned at all is an issue on the side of the server, or PWE. "PWI" cannot prevent it from happening easily. The issue is with gear completely outranking the game.
    That's mostly PWE's fault, however they aren't going to be taking it away any time soon. Wanmei won't change the map to balance it with our gear, and since our servers were set up in an unusual fashion, we are unable to take advantage of the Server vs. server battles.

@jabq If other people with the same hardware get better FPS, then the issue is almost definitely your PC and it's software or settings. PM me a link to a Speccy output and I'll see what I can do to help you there.​​

Yes its low fps thats what I meant, its understandable that ill get low fps with all the effects going on from different people. Not fully sure if its true or not, I looked at some posts in technical section apprently PWI only uses only 1 core and not GPU based so having a powerful system wont do much. I mean my system is powerful enough to run (witcher 3) or even other games at 60 fps and I have fibre optic broadband. When I am in TW my fps sometimes drops below 10 thats kinda ridiculous so Its to do with PWI coding (not all about computer) they need to sort that out if they can that is.

As for new map, if they had a different concept which required a fac to do differrent things at the same time we will be spread out a bit more and not bunched up in a huge group which will help with fps.

Also it wont be hard for them to have a time limit before a fac can enter another facs base like I said before. Yes the duration of TW depends on how strong the facs are but still if they had a time limit that wont matter (I hope you get my point).

Anyways thanks for the info, I am not an expert in this matter, I am sure there are other well qualified people out there who can probably help us understand and guide us better.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    @sylenthunder hi, thanks, these days i just set up shop, i hardly play pwi. When i get back into tw, i will bother you on how to reduce the drop in fps. My isp also tells me to play something else by dropping my connection 2~10 times a day (which is aggravating when you are a squad leader in delta).