PWI Maintenance Discussion 7/15/15 COMPLETE

surtr
surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
Hi all,

We will be having an additional maintenance period tonight in order to increase the number of purchases in the Sparkling Treasure Trove. Tonight's maintenance will be from 11pm to 2am PDT, as usual. Patch notes can be found here.
==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

Post edited by surtr on

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I take it this means that the login rewards will remain the same?
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Glad to see you jumped on this so fast surtr. Thank you a lot for being on top of it. Will you be giving out a new code for a new treasure trove?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin
    eirghan wrote: »
    Yes, it will be the same except we are considering Reward for Tier 2 as everyone proposed. There will be update soon.

Glad to see you jumped on this so fast surtr. Thank you a lot for being on top of it. Will you be giving out a new code for a new treasure trove?
    Code will be same. No need to get a new treasure trove.

• zoner112012
    mintsummer wrote: »
    Yes, it will be the same except we are considering Reward for Tier 2 as everyone proposed. There will be update soon.

Code will be same. No need to get a new treasure trove.

Did you not read the patch notes? Surtr already said you have to have a new one.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • eirghan
    edited July 2015

THANK YOU!
    Post edited by eirghan on
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    It looks like they were actually able to solve the issue in a way that does not require a new trove.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• zoner112012
    surtr wrote: »
    It looks like they were actually able to solve the issue in a way that does not require a new trove.

Well that works too lol
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Thank you surtr and mint for responding. It means a lot to the PWI community that you pay attention to what we request (within reason).

Even though there will always be those that whine and complain about everything no matter what it is, some of us, are thankful for what you do and what you give us for being faithful players to a game we enjoy (except the constant complainers)
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    Can't this wait until next weeks maintenance? Thanks for fixing it but I'm sure people could wait a week and it'd be more efficient for everyone.
  • eirghan
    Can't this wait until next weeks maintenance? Thanks for fixing it but I'm sure people could wait a week and it'd be more efficient for everyone.

The event ends in two weeks. Do you really think the better option is to lose half of an event?
  • mynamewasstolen
    mynamewasstolen Posts: 56 Arc User
    i call bull ****. **** the treasure trove event. bring the servers back up >.<
    By the light of the moon, our true forms are revealed.
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    @surtr I suppose you guys were too busy to give us a 1h in-game counter for this non-scheduled maintenace? Just started BH100 Warsong, wasn't very nice to get kicked without a decent warning.

But thx for additional 5 more S card packs. This time you changed it in our favor.

Btw. I got just an error message while using ArcLauncher:
    "We're over capacity, please wait a moment and try again [502]
    Why am I seeing this?
    We're experiencing unexpected load and are unable to service this request right now. Please check back in a few minutes, or visit our Service Status for more information."
  • buda27
    buda27 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Please don't take the 9m away I was really counting on it as I don't have real money to put on game anything r way expensive in game for us ppl that can't just whip out a credit card...PWI help all ur players not just the credit card players!!
  • shtalenkov
    shtalenkov Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Nah. Don't do it! Put what you planned. Not what people talking to you!

For others: they replaced it for War Avatar Chest : B x 3. For ****.n TRASH!
  • nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User
    buda27 wrote: »
    Please don't take the 9m away I was really counting on it as I don't have real money to put on game anything r way expensive in game for us ppl that can't just whip out a credit card...PWI help all ur players not just the credit card players!!

I'd like you to take a moment to realize that if everyone gets 9m, then your 9m would be fairly worthless. It would've also caused mass inflation and we already have enough inflation issues as it stands. Also, 9m is not a whole lot, even for a free player. If you don't know how to make 9m in 1-3 days, you're doing the free-to-play part wrong. I know because I don't spend money on the game nowadays.​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • eald
    eald Posts: 24 Arc User
    Sexy vid...
  • angelks2103
    angelks2103 Posts: 4 Arc User
    maybe the 9 mil card wasnt a good idea for econemy....but giving the same thing as rewards all the time makes it boring...maybe think of some new things that would make it entertaining again. Seems like half the new quests put in game never work :(
  • mavrodica
    mavrodica Posts: 40 Arc User
    Ty alot PWI for changeing the tier 2, u rly suck.....
  • mavrodica
    And i dont think everyone proposed that u change those 9 mil to fking B chest, atleast change it to 50 event gold, but as allways PWI have to **** things up.
  • angelking92
    angelking92 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Even more USELESS war avatars? Gg this log-in event gonna be boring again. Be creative and don't re-use old event rewards ffs!
    Hello, whats up?!
  • mavrodica
    its like they want us to quit the game :(
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    mavrodica wrote: »

thats a very clever comment, thank you for your contribution.
  • doomerzz
    doomerzz Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    dino4-4.gifthere is always much fun in realife than pwi... relax dino1-15.gif​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    >War avatar chest: B as second tier reward now

Oh goodie, more useless fodder cards, can't you give something like... a piece of untradable fashion or something tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• mavrodica
    aphrodita wrote: »
    mavrodica wrote: »

thats a very clever comment, thank you for your contribution.

And i dont have a good point?
  • angelks2103
    angelks2103 Posts: 4 Arc User
    There are areas of the game not used anymore... nirvanna for instance u brought nation wars out and nirvanna pointless anymore...maybe change the dungeon for different drops or a high lvl exp reward for high toons after quest completed in sqd for sqd leader to turn in and has to have 6 that went to turn in...make ppl play together again...to much solo this and that. FB 19 caves could also be low lvl same thing for low players.... req be that you were in team and only reward be team leader turn in like moari missive quest... give also back hyper use somewhere in the game(ppl solo phoenix valley cause no req. to be in sqd.)ppl had to learn how to play a toon being in sqd or u just werent invited...and drops in game so worthless now a days where do ppl earn anything realalistically. As far as Nation Wars goes im getting so sick of ending up in failing nation cause alts can get in and sit around(maybe something can be put in to kick a inactive(non moving toon after like 5min.)
  • skyeaglestank
    skyeaglestank Posts: 19 Arc User
    9 mil isn't going to cause inflation, it's going to help those that have no coin as long as it isn't done often! As it stands many are leaving because they can't make enough coin for their repairs!
  • doomerzz
    doomerzz Posts: 35 Arc User
    dino4-4.gif these emoticons are so cute. and my damn pic is epiconion-16.gif​​
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    thaks god they changed the T2 reward. How can someone think giving every person like 500m to 1b coins for free is something good?