Midsummer Crazy Collection

enelimm
enelimm Posts: 332 Perfect World Employee
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
Hi everyone,
We’re glad to kick off our Midsummer Crazy Collection Event that will combine Login, Charge and Spend rewards with daily in-game events and will end up with a big raffle! It took us a lot of work to set this up and we’re offering a lot of great prizes, so we really hope you will appreciate it :)
Though I did my best to make the announcement as clear as possible, I know that it’s a pretty complex event and several questions may arise. I went ahead and created a short FAQ to clarify the most important points. Here you go:

Q: What are July Lucky Tokens and how do I get them?
A: July Lucky Tokens allow you to take part to the big Raffle that will close the event. The more you get involved with our Charge, Spend and Login rewards (and if you get the Facebook Bonus), the more tokens you will get. The more tokens you have, the better rewards you can win at our Raffle! You can find all the details and numbers in the announcement.

Q: How and when will I receive my Tokens?
A: For Login and Spend rewards, you will receive them via in-game mail as you qualify for different tiers. For Charge Rewards, you will get them via in-game mail a couple days after the end of the Redeem points period. For the Facebook challenge, we will publish an item code if we reach our share goals.

Q: What should I do with my Tokens to participate to the raffle?
A: Not much actually! Once you received your tokens, just keep them in your inventory until the big day comes. Just do not discard or sell them. They are non-tradeable anyway.

Q: What is the Customized War Avatar S?
A: After the end of the raffle, the Top 3 winners will need to contact Support and tell them which S Card they want. They will get precisely this one during a maintenance.

Q: How do Login Rewards work?
A: Conditions and requirements are the same as for previous login events. Here’s a reminder:
- Your character must be level 50+ to qualify
- The amount of days (between the announced dates) on which you log into the game with this character determines the rewards you will get. It doesn’t have to be consecutive days.
- For a day to count, you must login at least once on that day. If you keep on playing after midnight, you must log in again for the next day to count.
- Rewards will be sent via in-game mail. They are bound and cannot be put in your stash.
- A character that fulfills the highest tier of requirements will receive all the rewards that apply to the tiers below it. Rewards can only be redeemed once. Ex: Someone who completes the tier-3 challenge will receive 1 x T3, 1 x T2, and 1 x T1 rewards.

Q: What do I need to know about Charge Rewards?
A: That you need to actually redeem your Bonus Points on the rewards page to get your Lucky Tokens. Just charging Gold will not qualify your character. Also, your Tokens will be sent out after the promotion ends, and not just after you qualify for a Tier.

Q: What should I do if I don’t receive my tokens/rewards as intended?
A: Don’t panic! We did our best to prepare this event and ensure it goes smooth, but we can never be 100% sure that everything will work as expected. Should a problem arise, please wait a bit to see if it solves by itself (item sends can be slightly delayed for technical reasons) and gather information with your teammates. If the issue persists you can report it on this thread, making sure to include as many details as you can so that we can identify the problem and hopefully find its cause very quickly. My colleagues and I will keep an eye on this thread, so please do NOT spam or drift from the subject here, as it will make it much easier for us to spot the relevant information.

Thank you for reading! I hope it is useful to some of you. Don’t hesitate to provide (constructive) feedback and feel free to ask if you have doubts :) I will update this post as more questions and answers come.

Thanks a lot for your loyalty to PWI. Have a great day everybody!

Update 7/15: We are aware of the Sparkling Treasure Trove purchase limitation issue and doing our best this fix it ASAP. We'll keep you updated in this post!
Update 7/16: We took in account your feedback and changed the Login rewards, and also implemented a fix for the Sparkling Treasure Trove. It should work fine now :)
Update 8/12: - July Lucky Tokens are not in-game anymore, but no worries: There are still in our logs and you have been qualified for your raffle tiers :)
- The winners list is ready! We jsut have to wait for the right moment to send your rewards. This week's maintenance being just a server restart, we aim at sending your prizes out with the next maintenance, on 8/19.
- For unexpected technical reasons, we won't be able to send Dragon Shocker Packs this time. We will change Tier 7 and 8 rewards to a Dragon Orb of equal or greater value so that you can get fair prizes as soon as possible.
Enelimm
Community Manager
----------
[FACEBOOK] [SUPPORT]
Post edited by enelimm on

Comments

• unluckygecko
    unluckygecko Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Ok, a few things.

The raffle rewards must be wrong, the one where you get a reward based of your accumulated tokens.
    The tier 8 and tier 7 rewards are the exact same thing, a Dragon Shocker Pack.
    The tier 4 reward is way better then the tier 3 reward, since War Avatar CHEST: A gives 1 A card, while War Avatar PACK: A gives a random C-A card.

Also, and this is the big one, CHANGE THE LOG-IN REWARD FOR 5 DAYS TO SOMETHING ELLS!
    The economy will be very negatively effected by so much coins being sent out. Change it to something that won't inflate the value of coins even more. A Demon/Sage Event Card would be perfect, it's usefull for people regardless of level and it doesn't effect the economy. It really doesn't matter what you change it to, just don't send out pure coin to everyone.​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Q: What is the Customized War Avatar S?
    A: After the end of the raffle, the Top 3 winners will need to contact Support and tell them which S Card they want. They will get precisely this one during a maintenance.

inb4 someone requests a War Avatar S+ card and gets it.
    Oh how glorious would the reaction on forums be tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    @enelimm You guys really, really need to know the difference between Avatar Packs and Avatar Chests. It's what went wrong in the other login event. Does anyone in there play the game?

The image of these events is already bad. Players get prepared to disapointment when every time an announced is made. Would be nice of you to dug into this to fix the bad image you got now.

And for the love of Pangu take out that coin reward.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • doomerzz
    doomerzz Posts: 35 Arc User
    your name fits u. Unlucky of not making more toons.. keep charging $ and let the f2p do their things to buy your sht hardwork in realife money. dino1-4.gif​​
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    The top tier reward for customized avatar is top 3 for each server right? If top 3 overall i wont bother to compete for that...
    The second tier reward is for each server right?
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    zentfamily wrote: »
    @enelimm You guys really, really need to know the difference between Avatar Packs and Avatar Chests. It's what went wrong in the other login event. Does anyone in there play the game?

The image of these events is already bad. Players get prepared to disapointment when every time an announced is made. Would be nice of you to dug into this to fix the bad image you got now.

And for the love of Pangu take out that coin reward.

This x100
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    @enelimm please change the 9m coin reward to something else such as 5 War Avatar Chest: B or a Platinum HP charm or something.

On the new page rewards from the event are claimed to be 'bound to the character' but coins are not bound at all and will seriously damage the game.

There are many many people who have dozens and dozens of high level alts from abusing the free pill giveaway or abusing all the free profundity scrolls you guys tend to give away. If that 5 day reward goes through you're going to be dumping many billions of coins into the game and giving the vast majority to people who abused previous promotions.
    ​​
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »

On the new page rewards from the event are claimed to be 'bound to the character' but coins are not bound at all and will seriously damage the game.

There are many many people who have dozens and dozens of high level alts from abusing the free pill giveaway or abusing all the free profundity scrolls you guys tend to give away. If that 5 day reward goes through you're going to be dumping many billions of coins into the game and giving the vast majority to people who abused previous promotions.

Definitely this. I already know people with50+ characters over 50. Do you know how much money you are going to be dumping into the game? Heck, I myself have at least 24 characters over level 50 and I'm not one of the people that made a zillion accounts to abuse previous promotions. You are going to completely destroy the economy.

If you want to give something that people really want, give demon/sage cards or maybe a bound/unstashable +8-10 dragon orb. Even an S chest would be nice (note the word CHEST). Anything but free coins.

​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    @enelimm please change the 9m coin reward to something else such as 5 War Avatar Chest: B or a Platinum HP charm or something.
    ​​

Please, please, please listen to this in a timely manner. Please.

If this is allowed to go through things will never be the same.
  • cheesespread#3490
    cheesespread#3490 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Heh, this game is more of a business than a game these days...

To be honest I don't think the game will crash or be ruined like you all said, you all are thinking from the merchants' point of view but not at all from the gearless people's point of view. Gold price is already close to maximum and it has been there before and the game survived.

I think this coin gift will help balance the GAMEPLAY. The rich people who are maxed on gear will do nothing with this money, they can't buy cards with ingame coins... yet. This will be just alms for them. On the other hand, people with low gear will craft their TT/lunar sets, they will make cube and warsong ornaments, pay the exorbitant fees to NW-recast their necklaces, weapons, tomes etc, they will buy skills and more. I think this will shorten the gap between the top geared people and the lowest geared people just A BIT. Cuz they still have to refine and get other stuff that comes from the Boutique ofc in order to catch up..

The economy will recover eventually, but this will open a short window for a lot of people to gear up quickly and make this game fun to PLAY again. On Dreamweaver, only a few factions actually TW and there's only 2 big factions with well geared people while the others are much behind and don't make any challenge for the 2 top ones. NWs have been empty for a long time. This coin gift will not be completely bad....
  • eirghan
    edited July 2015

I think this coin gift will help balance the GAMEPLAY. The rich people who are maxed on gear will do nothing with this money, they can't buy cards with ingame coins... yet.
    wrong, you can purchase the fsp coins to make a packs and s packs using in game coins. the only limit on this is the farmers and merchant's pricing.

This will be just alms for them. On the other hand, people with low gear will craft their TT/lunar sets, they will make cube and warsong ornaments, pay the exorbitant fees to NW-recast their necklaces, weapons, tomes etc. I think this will shorten the gap between the top geared people and the lowest geared people just A BIT. Cuz they still have to refine and get other stuff that comes from the Boutique ofc in order to catch up..

wrong. It will now cost new players 10 times as much because all of the merchants will raise their prices. They only way you could benefit is by saving this 9m for purely forge and npc sold items and fees. IE you will still have to farm all of your gear and items to make it, there will be no fast track still to end game. You will farm all of your cogs (your do alls will all cost more due to merchants raising price of tokens) You will have to farm your warsong inscriptions, and your NW tokens for warsouls because if you buy them merchants will have raised the prices there too. you will have to farm 100% of your NW tokens and SOWs because merchants will raise the prices of these items too. You will have to farm your EOOs and do so in a squad of pure alts or friends that are generous because the cost of EOOs will sky rocket and therefore squad price will too. You will have to farm EODs yourself at the 3m NPC price and hope to god your friends don't want a cut of the market value of the items. All gold TT mats and lunar mats will be chip price at minimum, no longer any cheaper mats to be had from farmers as they will be able to raise their prices as well. And lets not forget the forge fee for NW items is not 9m, but 100m... Each. Basically anything that you get from purely a cat shop for purchase (or cash shop since gold will rise as a result) will be more expensive than your 9m can cover.
    The economy will recover eventually, but this will open a short window for a lot of people to gear up quickly and make this game fun to PLAY again. On Dreamweaver, only a few factions actually TW and there's only 2 big factions with well geared people while the others are much behind and don't make any challenge for the 2 top ones. NWs have been empty for a long time. This coin gift will not be completely bad....

Yes, it will recover eventually, if they don't continue to run events like these, but you should expect to hang on to your 9m for months and months, maybe years, before it's value returns to what it is now.
    Post edited by eirghan on
  • cheesespread#3490
    cheesespread#3490 Posts: 22 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »

I think this coin gift will help balance the GAMEPLAY. The rich people who are maxed on gear will do nothing with this money, they can't buy cards with ingame coins... yet.
    wrong, you can craft a packs and s packs from in game coins.

This will be just alms for them. On the other hand, people with low gear will craft their TT/lunar sets, they will make cube and warsong ornaments, pay the exorbitant fees to NW-recast their necklaces, weapons, tomes etc. I think this will shorten the gap between the top geared people and the lowest geared people just A BIT. Cuz they still have to refine and get other stuff that comes from the Boutique ofc in order to catch up..

wrong. It will now cost new players 10 times as much because all of the merchants will raise their prices. They only way you could benefit is by saving this 9m for purely forge and npc sold items and fees. IE you will still have to farm all of your gear and items to make it, there will be no fast track still to end game. You will farm all of your cogs (your do alls will all cost more due to merchants raising price of tokens) You will have to farm your warsong inscriptions, and your NW tokens for warsouls because if you buy them merchants will have raised the prices there too. you will have to farm 100% of your NW tokens and SOWs because merchants will raise the prices of these items too. You will have to farm your EOOs and do so in a squad of pure alts or friends that are generous because the cost of EOOs will sky rocket and therefore squad price will too. You will have to farm EODs yourself at the 3m NPC price and hope to god your friends don't want a cut of the market value of the items. All gold TT mats and lunar mats will be chip price at minimum, no longer any cheaper mats to be had from farmers as they will be able to raise their prices as well. And lets not forget the forge fee for NW items is not 9m, but 100m... Each. Basically anything that you get from purely a cat shop for purchase (or cash shop since gold will rise as a result) will be more expensive than your 9m can cover.

Yes, it will recover eventually, if they don't continue to run events like these, but you should expect to hang on to your 9m for months and months, maybe years, before it's value returns to what it is now.

Yes, I was talking about people who actually farm stuff LOL you are probably too used to buying things you didn't even consider you can farm all NW stuff by yourself and there are many gear items sold by NPCs. Yes that's what I was talking about. Not about catshoppers. It is still a chance for people to catch up a little.

And since when you can craft A and S packs from ingame coins? Does any NPC SELL card packs? What I know is that you can make S packs with flowsilver coins + catalysts, and catalysts come from the Boutique. If you're talking about something new, please let me know cuz I just came back to playing PWI.
  • doc1212returns
    doc1212returns Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is the time frame for reset going to be PDT or UCT like it has been for the events for midnight-midnight to know when we have the day covered. Thanks
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    @enelimm Like the poster above I would also like to know what time zone this login event is going by. Considering we only have 1 day to play with (event runs from 07/15 to 07/30, 15 days) and every single login event had some issues with receiving rewards on-time (or at all) it would be nice to know this info before it's too late.
  • forumwatcher
    forumwatcher Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hi, Do current lvl 100 toons qualify also right?.

enelimm wrote: »
    - Your character must be level 50+ to qualify

• eirghan
    edited July 2015

wrong, you can craft a packs and s packs from in game coins.

Yes, I was talking about people who actually farm stuff LOL you are probably too used to buying things you didn't even consider you can farm all NW stuff by yourself and there are many gear items sold by NPCs.

Ahh, yes you're right, sorry. I buy all my stuff in the cash shop, thats how i know where to farm things as mentioned above.

I love to answer questions and help people who get salty and assume that because I am saying --people will have to put the exact same amount of work in to get end game as people would without the 9m because prices will rise to a point of no advantage to the new and lesser geared players-- I don't know anything about the game except the cash shop...

PS if you're excited to NW your ornaments i sure hope you're not buying gear from NPC's as stated above.
    Post edited by eirghan on
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Giving out free money is an awful idea, the whole concept of opening chance packs to improve ur gear is an even worse idea, so free money or war avatars, its a loss loss situation v_v just cancel the whole thing and give us a set of fashion that is completely random colors and u cant dye or trade, hell make it so that everyone gets the fashion for the wrong gender, cant be sold to a merchant and cant be account stashed, anything is better than money or war avatars (Y)
  • winterswolf
    winterswolf Posts: 4 Arc User
    For the login event, is it just like last time and we just have to go out to the character list for it to count as a log in or do we have to fully log out and back in for each 50+ toon on our list? Also is a full log out required for each new day? Say you are playing when new day happens can you just go out to the list to reset or do you have to fully log?
    Isi3.jpg
  • eirghan
    Thank you for changing tier two of log in rewards we really appreciate it!
  • xwildheartx
    xwildheartx Posts: 2 Arc User
    Wow way go to with not holding to what you've promised once again. Now we get Useless bound B packs some of don't need anymore. I don't know why you bother to post or even let us know whats going on, cause in the end its nothing but empty words.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Wow way go to with not holding to what you've promised once again. Now we get Useless bound B packs some of don't need anymore. I don't know why you bother to post or even let us know whats going on, cause in the end its nothing but empty words.

Even people who were going to make billions off of abusing that prize knew it was a bad idea. Kudos to PWI for actually listening to the players.
    ​​
  • ironknight
    ironknight Posts: 61 Arc User
    Thanks for not giving out the 9mil bignotes. If you have been reading all the posts about this majority of players agreed it's a bad bad idea, myself included.

• cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    No offense but couldn't you do something better than B cards? most of it is B cards anyways, not to compain but that is a aweful replacement frm 9mil notes to MORE B cards, most i would imagine get enough to choke a horse!
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • spytfyre
    spytfyre Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Ok, a few things.

The raffle rewards must be wrong, the one where you get a reward based of your accumulated tokens.
    The tier 8 and tier 7 rewards are the exact same thing, a Dragon Shocker Pack.
    The tier 4 reward is way better then the tier 3 reward, since War Avatar CHEST: A gives 1 A card, while War Avatar PACK: A gives a random C-A card.

Also, and this is the big one, CHANGE THE LOG-IN REWARD FOR 5 DAYS TO SOMETHING ELLS!
    The economy will be very negatively effected by so much coins being sent out. Change it to something that won't inflate the value of coins even more. A Demon/Sage Event Card would be perfect, it's usefull for people regardless of level and it doesn't effect the economy. It really doesn't matter what you change it to, just don't send out pure coin to everyone.​​
    Ok, a few things.

I disagree the economy is already screwed by cashshoppers for a " FREE to play game " nothing is free thanks to you morons yall are complaining cause the poor folk would actually be able to make a turn somewhere you greedy SOB's need to clap your traps for once and let the poor folks have the ten minutes in the sun seriously max is 8 chars per account that's almost 80 mil per acct. so one char MIGHT be able to finish their gear or purchase a warsong belt dreamweaver server needs help GM's start making TT mats worthless

really a low lvl demon/sage skill book going for 100Million coins

SO PEOPLE STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE REWARDS BEFORE THEY STOP THEM ALTOGETHER

ALSO put the coins back in even if its for day 14 or something and start narfing the rich ( if they have over 200Mil in coins take them all for back taxes or something )
  • smallfigure
    smallfigure Posts: 16 Arc User
    i want 9 mil. cant afford to buy gear, so cannot grind dungeon/ cannot make money. cant buy arrows :'(
  • cira1818
    i want 9 mil. cant afford to buy gear, so cannot grind dungeon/ cannot make money. cant buy arrows :'(

you can thank the fourm post made once it was posted for that, i have to agree i wish they did event gold, but B cards is a slap in the face to the poor an most players i would think at this point, or just don't care on doing the event.
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
  • smallfigure
    smallfigure Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    i started playing for 2 weeks. nothing seems to reward me with coin. cant even afford to buy better arrows, so i use the cheapest one. and i ran out my gifted potion. and cant afford to buy potion now. btw and skills too cant afford to leveling them. and cant afford to buy stones for daily crazystone. cant teleport. but its okay, since its a free log in event after all. better than nothing
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I only stood to make 54mil, which would have been great if not for the whole "adding trillions of coins to the server, enjoy your monopoly money" aspect.

More B cards will only be good if I get 2 more I don't have. I doubt very much unless they continue handing out A chests I'll ever get beyond the 100 avatar title.

My sb has S in Dur, Lon, and SP. My Mystic has Althea 80/80 and no other S cards. I almost have enough for a 7* orb for my N3 scythe, but had the coins reward gone through I'd be lucky to afford 10 1*s lol
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • spytfyre
    spytfyre Posts: 8 Arc User
    ironknight wrote: »
    Thanks for not giving out the 9mil bignotes. If you have been reading all the posts about this majority of players agreed it's a bad bad idea, myself included.
    @ ironknight its only a bad idea if your a cashshopper cause people who cant charge a credit card I.E. 12 yr old timmy who comes from a poor and broken home one dead parent the other working 3 min. wage jobs just to keep a roof over their heads and he likes to play this game in his down time on a Rent-A-Wreck pc from some homeschooling program
    instead of knocking over piggly wigglys and getting high like the rest of the worlds youth and those coins could've made his game play a little better therefore giving him a bit of a drive to do something better like create his own video game and you people don't see bigger pictures all you care about is your own pockets and you should be ashamed
    Thank you for changing tier two of log in rewards we really appreciate it!
    @ Eirghan they didn't have to change anything just because yall cannot except change if pwi had 1/2 coin denominations most of us FTP peeps would have them cause we cannot afford to whip out a credit card and buy R9 or G16 gear took me close to 4 yrs to farm G15 thanks to the rich baffoons who act like their gods gift like ur aspiring to be... now quit complaining about free stuff and enjoy the game as the devolopers put it in the first place
    @ so true but don't hold it to pwi put the blame to where it belongs

cira1818 wrote: »
    @ smallfigure the coins would have been a good turn around so you can thank people like ironknight and unluckygecko for messing with things that SHOULD'NT BE MESSED WITH

you can thank the fourm post made once it was posted for that, i have to agree i wish they did event gold, but B cards is a slap in the face to the poor an most players i would think at this point, or just don't care on doing the event.
    @ cira1818 event gold would've been nice but they said 9 mil in coin so as far as I am concerned be it PWI or unluckygecko or ironknight or any of the other cash shopping idiots who complained and made them change it
    they as a whole OWE me and at least 500 other people 9 Mil per toon as was originally stated

SEE THIS PWI PUT THE COINS BACK IN B-CARDS ARE A WASTE A-CARDS ARE A JOKE AND UNLESS YOU PAY REAL CASH S-CARDS ARE 1:10000000000000000 CHANCES
  • cira1818
    i comment was towards the taking away of 9mil, i would still prefer because it would make more sense for also a good amount of people returning, nit this is just more junk, dont get me wrong i love events and have for the past 6 years, but this, this was just a sour note to me and i would think a good chunk of players