Sage Monsoon

Options
koudelkamorgan
koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
I finally got this for cheap and tried it out. I was surprised that it now does 2 hits, one for little damage and then the big one simultaneously. The little hit seems to go first though and doesn't show in damage log at all like Absorb Soul.

Does this mean its nonelemental at well? Does it do full damage to lv150 mobs? I don't know, but after trying it out quite a bit I had determined that even both hits combined do negligibly more damage than Sage Tidal Force does despite it listing 5400ish more damage on tooltip.

I was expecting it to nuke in one hit, while the other has shorter CD and CC going for it across 3 hits.

They do roughly the same damage so, it is still relegated to barely getting used except for wood mobs when my other metal aoes (with larger range and damage) are on cd or style points.

Should the tooltip for Sage Monsoon be changed to reflect its double hit, and lower than expected damage?
samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
I Aim To Misbehave

Comments

• dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    Options
    The way I see it is that it like a DoT or Damage of Time that instantly hits at the same time of the skill (despite it appearing first before the base hit). Sage version does only 10% of weapon damage and 5400 so it is not significantly much compared to if it was 10% Base Magic damage.

I would not call it a double hit because it would be strange since the extra hit only does maybe 3% of the regular hit. To add on, I can't determine the 2 hits on my opponents since their health bar drops in one go and not two. Yes it does show two damages but at least for me it kind of helps to see each separate damage apart.

As for Tidal Force, it has 180% Weapon Damage and Sage Monsoon has 180% + 10% which means its 190% in total for Weapon Damage. That's the reason it does more than Tidal Force. Of course, Tidal Force has the chance of multiple crits so that can be another factor.