"Vanilla" censors

Options
teethewicked
teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Laughable. I could even deal with *** and damn being censored, but I see no reason for the word **** to be censored, especially in a forum for a game that is PG-13. At least it's not as bad as years ago when player and even mob/boss names were censored.
Don't be jealous of my boogie.
Trainer%20Card.jpg
Post edited by ovenusarmanio on

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Options
    Just use the word Moma instead. Honestly, I think the swear filter is the least of the problems with Vanilla atm.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • teethewicked
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just use the word Moma instead. Honestly, I think the swear filter is the least of the problems with Vanilla atm.

Oh, I'm not saying it's nearly as bad as other issues going on with PWI atm. But it's still annoying and unnecessarily PC. Mainly my issue is with the word ****. It's not even a swear word, and is in the game itself. Is Hellfire Abomination going to get it's name censored next?

It just makes me wonder what kind of overly-PC SJW's are in charge of deciding on the filters.
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio
    Options
    I'm not sure how it's decided, but let's not start with the SJW talk here. This is a no politics zone. At any rate, it might have something to do with Vanilla itself. Because PWE clearly doesn't have a problem with it, and as you say it's in the name of a mob.

• teethewicked
    Options
    I'm not sure how it's decided, but let's not start with the SJW talk here. This is a no politics zone. At any rate, it might have something to do with Vanilla itself. Because PWE clearly doesn't have a problem with it, and as you say it's in the name of a mob.
    I just see it as yet another problem with vanilla that wasn't taken care of before the migration. And after how bad it was with the censor filter fiasco that happened years ago ingame, it just grinds my gears.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    I find that censoring words is quite silly. People always find ways around it and let's be honest, even mods don't care too much about this. This is the internet where you can search for something very innocent and come up with dozens of gross images. Why censor at all? If someone gets out of hand we have mods for that..and it isn't like there is a huge community of children posting on these forums. PWI needs to get with the times.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I would rather just stick to only editing out swear filter circumvention, tbh. Most people just move around the word anyway and leave the stars as they stand.

At any rate, since I've had to excessively edit this thread, I'm just going to close this.

This discussion has been closed.