East Coast Maintenance?

zoner112012
zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
Just saw this popup on Arc and checked the site http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/9423393

I was just curious if we can get any kind of information about this. What does this entail? Seems to be a lot of things to do with East Coast Servers. Are we getting new updates to the servers? What is this really about/for? Would love to know more.
ln5aR6B.jpg

Comments

• zoner112012
    Doesn't mean I won't ask....considering that the game is supposed to be down we deserve an explanation of what they are doing...at least a generalization.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • eyebegrindin
    eyebegrindin Posts: 87 Arc User
    they're going to optimise all the servers to run on mobile platforms in an effort to move the game over to phones and tablets.
  • eastwind
    eastwind Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Don't mind going down for 6 hours BUT, being booted with no in-game warning, GG PWE.

[edit] I know there was one on ARC, but i tend to click "Play" without looking at anything on there, i like to pretend it doesn''t exist. >.> xD
    Dreamweaver - Seeker - Noroimasu - MaruXan
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    O well, this time no dc in PV :p
  • cloudcross
    cloudcross Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    servers are up but the dc is insaine cant do anything keep getting dc
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    Kinda sad how most of us didn't see this new
    Just saw this popup on Arc and checked the site http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/9423393

That explains why most of us didn't know about it. Most players only use arc when they need a blessing.

Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    I guess that's their revenge for us not using arc xD
  • virusofyourlife2
    virusofyourlife2 Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1. God these forums are UGLY! like... Ughly... Ugh...ly >.<
    2. <---ok... That was cool.
    3. Why the heck (stupid censor) would they do maint that bring down game servers at a time that a lot of people actually play? (well, more people than at like... 2am when they do regular maint... ._.
  • anita
    anita Posts: 32 Arc User
    So what is the estimated down time?
  • virusofyourlife2
    another like... 3 hours ._.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Why the heck (stupid censor) would they do maint that bring down game servers at a time that a lot of people actually play? (well, more people than at like... 2am when they do regular maint... ._.

I'm guessing that they would have to do some whatever work meanwhile the servers are down, and dont really want to be at work at 2am and later.
  • tink32
    tink32 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Are servers back up yet??
  • virusofyourlife2
    were supposed to be done a while ago, but I'm still getting DCed every 5 minutes or so...
  • tink32
    ya me too and now the server seems down again. Are the servers down for you again as well?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    It's been extended to 2pm PST.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tink32
    Ugh, come on PWI get it together!
  • virusofyourlife2
    It's been extended to 2pm PST.
    ... Well... (╯°□°)╯⌒┷—┷

• grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    This is some stupid mess, grrr
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • inbank
    inbank Posts: 6 Arc User
    this is ridiculous
    IncogBanner.jpg
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    I've actually been able to do the paperclip world quest, fbqs and half of primal through this mess lol.
    Do I get a free S card if I can't grab the Wraith Hunter quest in the 15 minute window?
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    Got it and of course it's Linus. Now to attempt to do this with more offline than online time. Challenge accepted, you evil game.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User

I was just curious if we can get any kind of information about this. What does this entail? Seems to be a lot of things to do with East Coast Servers. Are we getting new updates to the servers? What is this really about/for? Would love to know more.

They never inform the players of anything. They didnt do it on old forums, they wont do it here.
    IF/when they do, its a copy and paste thing that no one proof read and would be full of the wrong information anyway.
    NGTUy53.png

• inbank
    Ok did they break something? the time keeps getting extended.
    IncogBanner.jpg
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    inbank wrote: »
    Ok did they break something? the time keeps getting extended.

Could be. Or they are waiting for the paint to dry

2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• inbank
    Could be. Or they are waiting for the paint to dry

lol
    IncogBanner.jpg
  • zoner112012
    they're going to optimise all the servers to run on mobile platforms in an effort to move the game over to phones and tablets.

So like only one person had any kind of answer and no one here can verify this? I mean I haven't exactly looked around at the news posts for Arc since I got up but I would love to know that my post was actually responded to by someone that knows for sure what they are talking about not saying that eyebegrindin here doesn't just saying that out of all the responses this forum post has received, only one person actually
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • zoner112012

So like only one person had any kind of answer and no one here can verify this? I mean I haven't exactly looked around at the news posts for Arc since I got up but I would love to know that my post was actually responded to by someone that knows for sure what they are talking about not saying that eyebegrindin here doesn't just saying that out of all the responses this forum post has received, only one person actually tried to answer my questions. What was the maintenance for? What was their aim?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator

So like only one person had any kind of answer and no one here can verify this? I mean I haven't exactly looked around at the news posts for Arc since I got up but I would love to know that my post was actually responded to by someone that knows for sure what they are talking about not saying that eyebegrindin here doesn't just saying that out of all the responses this forum post has received, only one person actually
    I would take that statement with a grain of salt. I really doubt that's what they are doing.
    Porting the games over to mobile would be a MUCH larger investment and it would not require a maintenance such as is going on currently.

I haven't seen anywhere that PWE stated what the maintenance is for. They probably have to perform some emergency maintenance on some server hardware. How long that takes relies on many different factors. I've seen this type of thing go from a 3-hour job to a 3-day job quite easily.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!