Skill Improvision

yugi2390
yugi2390 Posts: 80 Arc User
Yes i know this will force the wanna be trolls out of the cracks and corners and bridges but still needs to be done. for the assassins who use skills and are DPH i suggest either increasing the duration or removing the duration for the Primal Chill of the Deep skill. 10 minutes is not enough when farming instances like lunar and warsong. Clerics Ultra Violent Dance increases their magic attack and doesnt have a duration so why keep that for an assassin. Another way you could do that is when our boundary level gets increases make another upgrade for chill that makes it a passive instead. Keep all the effects the same just it would be permanent. My two cents as a sage sin who uses skills instead of aps because its boring. Now let the trolling commence.

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Eh. I don't see a point to it. You can rebuff or remove it at will and it only applies to the caster. At least with BP a reason to get it to level 10 instead of leaving it at 1 til sage/demon is that the duration benefits others as well. UVD isn't really a good comparison either as the game treats it as a seperate form (unable to switch equipments, locked out of certain skills, and so on) while Chill doesn't have the limitations of that.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 80 Arc User
    Then add that limitation Kossy, both already have a short cooldown and you can turn them on or off.
  • opkossy
    Nah. Being locked out of some of my skills or unable to switch equipment (this includes blessings, attack charms, and the like) is just not worth it to me for, essentially, the ability to turn it on and forget about it.

I'm not against an increased duration, so to speak. Just that I don't really support it either as it's just convenience and I already make sure to rebuff my chill often enough that it's never directly run out when I needed it up... like I did with my level 1 BP when I was focusing on my other skills and Oracle spamming was the height of powerleveling.

I guess you could sum up my two cents as having no strong feelings one way or the other towards this. The request can be kinda compared to sage bramble which is good for the venos that don't remember to rebuff bramble as the duration is longer... but absolutely pointless to anyone that either does pay enough attention to remember to rebuff before time runs out anyways or when it's compared to demon which is stronger with that caveat of having to pay a bit more attention to it.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I support the idea to make CofD equal to UVD. Simply because then Sins would have to turn CotD off to switch to a purge bow/Def lvl weapon. Actually this would make the PvP-Life of sins way way harder. Wanting to make a buff permanent which can be rebuffed in a second is redicolous. Why not then make all buffs permanent cause damn you need to rebuff all 30/60 mins. Or something like Poison Fang for Barbs could be perma then too.

Best solution and something that would really be needed in this game would being able to dispell positive buffs at will at any given time. Many other MMOs support this mechanic and it is epic! This way you could just dispell it after a fight and rebuff it without the need to cast it twice if you are so afraid that it could turn off during a boss fight.
  • opkossy
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Best solution and something that would really be needed in this game would being able to dispell positive buffs at will at any given time. Many other MMOs support this mechanic and it is epic! This way you could just dispell it after a fight and rebuff it without the need to cast it twice if you are so afraid that it could turn off during a boss fight.

The fact that this is exactly how chill currently functions is a bit telling.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    > @opkossy said:
    > jsxshadow wrote: »
    >
    > Best solution and something that would really be needed in this game would being able to dispell positive buffs at will at any given time. Many other MMOs support this mechanic and it is epic! This way you could just dispell it after a fight and rebuff it without the need to cast it twice if you are so afraid that it could turn off during a boss fight.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The fact that this is exactly how chill currently functions is a bit telling.

ya just not like that. I meant with a single click on the icon as can be seen in Primal Tendancy XIV. That is epic.

You wouldnt have to relog to fight someone selfbuffed or wont have the need to get purged <3
  • opkossy
    B-but in PWI "self" buffed means "I'll log in the 285482952985 buff alts I have for myself and roflstomp my opponent!"
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    opkossy wrote: »
    B-but in PWI "self" buffed means "I'll log in the 285482952985 buff alts I have for myself and roflstomp my opponent!"

Wrong Kossy. Players do not have 285482952985 buff alts . They have 285482952986 buff alts.
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    BS! It must end in a multiple of 5 or they automatically ban themselves IRL!