Build help

koharu14
koharu14 Posts: 6 Arc User
I have been gone for a long time and back when I played all everyone did was just build for arcane armor venomancer but before I stopped playing I saw a lot of venomancers building for LA and HA. Can someone help me with how to build a venomancer properly? I also hope I am asking in the right place haha.

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What are you plans for your Venomancer? The build you choose has to serve your needs.

Arcane pure magic is often the build of choice for general PvE activities or endgame PvP (assuming endgame gear like R9rr). Players with lower gear/refines/shards or those still going through the leveling process will also often add Vit going for a Hybrid Vit/Mag build for better HP/defences until they can improve their gear. It's also an endgame PvP build (usually going full Vit, minimal Mag), usually for those that want to play pure support willing to give up on their offensive/damage power for more defence.

Heavy Armor is typically a PvP build, mainly for those that can't afford R9rr and just stick to G16 Nirvana. It's also the build of choice for people that simply want to be different, find it fun or enjoy playing Fox Form Venomancer more often. Alternatively, the build of choice for people who share gear among multiple toons so they only keep one set of gear. It's generally a pain to keep it up unless to reach level 90+, so not recommended for leveling and such.

Light Armor isn't popular anymore. The majority of players that have LA Venomancers are players that just share gear from other characters. Light Armor is generally bad at endgame because it lacks in both magic and physical defences. It's still okay for leveling though.
  • koharu14
    Well I have the herc pet on my veno and all and I never was much into PVP being able to do damage if I get into a fighting situation like a faction war or such would be nice but the way I used to play was sit back and let my pet be the tank while I healed and I often was screwed if I happened to pull aggro due to me being squishy and not the best of gear. Its just been such a long time I am just gonna have to relearn basically everything D: any help is appreciated. <3 I am also willing to try new things on my veno to make my char more helpful.
  • koharu14
    What are you plans for your Venomancer? The build you choose has to serve your needs.

Arcane pure magic is often the build of choice for general PvE activities or endgame PvP (assuming endgame gear like R9rr). Players with lower gear/refines/shards or those still going through the leveling process will also often add Vit going for a Hybrid Vit/Mag build for better HP/defences until they can improve their gear. It's also an endgame PvP build (usually going full Vit, minimal Mag), usually for those that want to play pure support willing to give up on their offensive/damage power for more defence.

Heavy Armor is typically a PvP build, mainly for those that can't afford R9rr and just stick to G16 Nirvana. It's also the build of choice for people that simply want to be different, find it fun or enjoy playing Fox Form Venomancer more often. Alternatively, the build of choice for people who share gear among multiple toons so they only keep one set of gear. It's generally a pain to keep it up unless to reach level 90+, so not recommended for leveling and such.

Light Armor isn't popular anymore. The majority of players that have LA Venomancers are players that just share gear from other characters. Light Armor is generally bad at endgame because it lacks in both magic and physical defences. It's still okay for leveling though.

Well my friend just told me 1str and 4mag until 55str then pump all into magic o,o
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Take Desdi's word over that of your friend. Desdi is a fluffy veno goddess of knowledge about venos and fluff... and cream pigments BUT MOSTLY venos and fluff.

No really, she's an expert on the class and tends to always provide detailed and insightful information about things when she's helping people out.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • catgirldesu
    koharu14 wrote: »
    Well I have the herc pet on my veno and all and I never was much into PVP being able to do damage if I get into a fighting situation like a faction war or such would be nice but the way I used to play was sit back and let my pet be the tank while I healed and I often was screwed if I happened to pull aggro due to me being squishy and not the best of gear. Its just been such a long time I am just gonna have to relearn basically everything D: any help is appreciated. <3 I am also willing to try new things on my veno to make my char more helpful.

Sounds like what you need right now is a Vit build:

Every two levels:
    + 1 Vit
    + 1 Str
    + 6 Mag
    + 2 in Vit or Mag

It's an Arcane build that should give you a bit of defence and HP. You can re-stat to pure magic in the future once you get better gear. People with low budget will also often use a Vit build to avoid having to refine their armor and, instead, they just refine their weapon a lot to compensate for the magic damage they lack. A Vit build Venomancer with high weapon refines and low armor refines can often have similar magic attack and HP as a Pure Mag Venomancer with low weapon refines that also has to refine their armor higher. Refining one piece of gear (weapon) is often cheaper than having to refine multiple pieces. Of course that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to at least get +5 on your gear even as a Vit build (that is once you get Nirvana gear and such).

What is your level and what are your Attribute points right now? If you're already high level or level 100, you might just keep your current build and then follow a Vit/Hybrid build after you Reawaken.

opkossy wrote: »
    Take Desdi's word over that of your friend. Desdi is a fluffy veno goddess of knowledge about venos and fluff... and cream pigments BUT MOSTLY venos and fluff.

No really, she's an expert on the class and tends to always provide detailed and insightful information about things when she's helping people out.

You're exaggerating but thank you. fox-44.gif
  • koharu14

Sounds like what you need right now is a Vit build:

Every two levels:
    + 1 Vit
    + 1 Str
    + 6 Mag
    + 2 in Vit or Mag

It's an Arcane build that should give you a bit of defence and HP. You can re-stat to pure magic in the future once you get better gear. People with low budget will also often use a Vit build to avoid having to refine their armor and, instead, they just refine their weapon a lot to compensate for the magic damage they lack. A Vit build Venomancer with high weapon refines and low armor refines can often have similar magic attack and HP as a Pure Mag Venomancer with low weapon refines that also has to refine their armor higher. Refining one piece of gear (weapon) is often cheaper than having to refine multiple pieces. Of course that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to at least get +5 on your gear even as a Vit build (that is once you get Nirvana gear and such).

What is your level and what are your Attribute points right now? If you're already high level or level 100, you might just keep your current build and then follow a Vit/Hybrid build after you Reawaken.

opkossy wrote: »

You're exaggerating but thank you. fox-44.gif

I am Lv 88 with Vit:5 Mag:339 Str:83 and Dex:18 with 5 pts unused atm.
  • catgirldesu
    edited June 2015

The most Strength you'll ever need is 56 if you get G16 Nirvana Pataka or 60 if you ever go for R9 in the future. Capping at 55 is what most people do since then you can wear just about any magic weapon, except the G16 Nirvana Pataka I guess which needs 56, according to the database. Dexterity should sit at 5.

I think you can stop adding Magic for now, and put everything else to Vitality until you reach level 100. That will be an extra 780 on top of whatever HP you have from your gear. Then you can Reawaken and get a few extra points on top of it all.
    Then at level 100 Reawakening (also called Rebirth) 1 your stats should be like Vit:100, Mag:375, Dex:5, Str:55 (without the gear add-ons). At level 100 Reawakening 2 your stats should be like Vit:100, Mag:395, Dex:5, Str:55 (without gear add-ons).

However, if you feel like 100 Vit is too much and gimps your attack power too much to your liking, you could also try capping Vit at 70.

I repeat I'm suggesting this set-up because you said you'd usually sit back and heal your pet, because you're squishy. The extra Vitality should help you at least take an extra hit or two, which sometimes can be all you really need to survive. At level 100, you usually need 5,000 HP unbuffed for anything, but you'll still have to be careful and stay back for certain bosses. That should help you put things into perspective however as to what your starting goal should be. Once you have the 5k, your HP will only go higher thanks to getting better gear, refines, shards, War Avatar cards, Nuemas, Meridian, titles... boy, there's a lot to do isn't there? And soon we'll get a content update where we can get passive skills that increase HP!

For a casual, free-to-play player, the end goal is usually G16 Nirvana. You'll probably not want to re-stat to Pure Magic until you have your full set, refined up to +5 at least. With various in-game rewards, refining your weapon to +5 should be easy. Actually you can even get a +6. If I'm not mistaken, the rewards for leveling up give you some Orbs, and you can later get a +6 Orb for getting Arcane Sky levels. Remember when I said refining weapon is easier than refining the whole armor set? monkey-47.gif

Even with G16 Nirvana, several Venomancers decide to stick to the Vit. Build, in the end that's up to you. There are also those that go further and add 200 Vitality instead, but those usually do it for PvP purposes and usually have +10 Nirvana gear (which is usually inherited from their main character who has R9rr, so the gear is given to their alt).

I personally had a 70 Vitality build myself when I was playing the game for the first time, then I started taking points of Vitality as I started getting better gear. I don't recommend doing it that way though, it's better if you do it all in one go, if you decide to go Pure Magic in the future.

On another note, you can actually use gear add-ons and War Avatar add-ons to stat less Strength. For example, you have 45 Strength, then you get +5 from a ring for a total of 50. Then you have a War Avatar Card that gives you +10 Strength for a total of 60. However, for someone who's still in the progress of getting gear and hasn't settled on their endgame gear (rings, belt, necklace etc. included) it's best to just distribute your stats in such a way that you can wear your armor and weapon even without add-ons from tomes, rings, necklaces etc.

This form of stating is often done by those who have settled on their endgame gear. For example, my Venomancer has 5 Strength, and gets the remaining 55 from gear/tome. That allows me to put even more points to magic, but like I said this is usually done by those that have settled on their gear and they won't be changing it so they don't run the risk of changing gear and then not having points. This doesn't necessarily affect you, but I thought it would be a good thing to know.

Last but no least, remember! A dead damage dealer deals no damage. Don't worry if your damage isn't "high" because it's not Pure Magic. It's better to follow a build that makes you comfortable and doesn't give you the risk of dying from one hit. Until you can get the gear to keep you alive even as a Pure Magic, it's better to have some Vitality.

• koharu14

The most Strength you'll ever need is 56 if you get G16 Nirvana Pataka or 60 if you ever go for R9 in the future. Capping at 55 is what most people do since then you can wear just about any magic weapon, except the G16 Nirvana Pataka I guess which needs 56, according to the database. Dexterity should sit at 5.

I think you can stop adding Magic for now, and put everything else to Vitality until you reach level 100. That will be an extra 780 on top of whatever HP you have from your gear. Then you can Reawaken and get a few extra points on top of it all.
    Then at level 100 Reawakening (also called Rebirth) 1 your stats should be like Vit:100, Mag:375, Dex:5, Str:55 (without the gear add-ons). At level 100 Reawakening 2 your stats should be like Vit:100, Mag:395, Dex:5, Str:55 (without gear add-ons).

However, if you feel like 100 Vit is too much and gimps your attack power too much to your liking, you could also try capping Vit at 70.

I repeat I'm suggesting this set-up because you said you'd usually sit back and heal your pet, because you're squishy. The extra Vitality should help you at least take an extra hit or two, which sometimes can be all you really need to survive. At level 100, you usually need 5,000 HP unbuffed for anything, but you'll still have to be careful and stay back for certain bosses. That should help you put things into perspective however as to what your starting goal should be. Once you have the 5k, your HP will only go higher thanks to getting better gear, refines, shards, War Avatar cards, Nuemas, Meridian, titles... boy, there's a lot to do isn't there? And soon we'll get a content update where we can get passive skills that increase HP!

For a casual, free-to-play player, the end goal is usually G16 Nirvana. You'll probably not want to re-stat to Pure Magic until you have your full set, refined up to +5 at least. With various in-game rewards, refining your weapon to +5 should be easy. Actually you can even get a +6. If I'm not mistaken, the rewards for leveling up give you some Orbs, and you can later get a +6 Orb for getting Arcane Sky levels. Remember when I said refining weapon is easier than refining the whole armor set? monkey-47.gif

Even with G16 Nirvana, several Venomancers decide to stick to the Vit. Build, in the end that's up to you. There are also those that go further and add 200 Vitality instead, but those usually do it for PvP purposes and usually have +10 Nirvana gear (which is usually inherited from their main character who has R9rr, so the gear is given to their alt).

I personally had a 70 Vitality build myself when I was playing the game for the first time, then I started taking points of Vitality as I started getting better gear. I don't recommend doing it that way though, it's better if you do it all in one go, if you decide to go Pure Magic in the future.

On another note, you can actually use gear add-ons and War Avatar add-ons to stat less Strength. For example, you have 45 Strength, then you get +5 from a ring for a total of 50. Then you have a War Avatar Card that gives you +10 Strength for a total of 60. However, for someone who's still in the progress of getting gear and hasn't settled on their endgame gear (rings, belt, necklace etc. included) it's best to just distribute your stats in such a way that you can wear your armor and weapon even without add-ons from tomes, rings, necklaces etc.

This form of stating is often done by those who have settled on their endgame gear. For example, my Venomancer has 5 Strength, and gets the remaining 55 from gear/tome. That allows me to put even more points to magic, but like I said this is usually done by those that have settled on their gear and they won't be changing it so they don't run the risk of changing gear and then not having points. This doesn't necessarily affect you, but I thought it would be a good thing to know.

Last but no least, remember! A dead damage dealer deals no damage. Don't worry if your damage isn't "high" because it's not Pure Magic. It's better to follow a build that makes you comfortable and doesn't give you the risk of dying from one hit. Until you can get the gear to keep you alive even as a Pure Magic, it's better to have some Vitality.

Wow thankies there is still so much for me to do :3 I the only gear I ever got to know really well was TT gear xD never even got into the higher up gear so I still have a ton to learn and a ton to do. I still want to restat at some point to fix my misplaces points but if just going pure vit for now will balance me out I will so that.

You are right though not much I can do if I am dead xD so more HP would help.