New DQ System Suggestion Thread

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Exclude them from drop of bots. I mean DQ items, of course.

I suppose that could work for in-game bots, but PWI doesn't do a very good job of controlling third party bots.
    We'd also have to convince CN to do this, since PWE doesn't actually control or mod diddily squat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I suppose that could work for in-game bots, but PWI doesn't do a very good job of controlling third party bots.
    We'd also have to convince CN to do this, since PWE doesn't actually control or mod diddily squat

exactly the in game bot was made due to the fact that 3rd party bots are so prevelant, this idealistic solution in practicality would cause reinflation for normal/average players while making those using 3rd party bots richer and richer...so unless youre a super exploiter enjoy being even more behind the competition
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    exactly the in game bot was made due to the fact that 3rd party bots are so prevelant, this idealistic solution in practicality would cause reinflation for normal/average players while making those using 3rd party bots richer and richer...so unless youre a super exploiter enjoy being even more behind the competition

Depends on what the DQ rewards are to be honest.
    If they just make it untradeable fashion and mounts then it can't really be exploited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jontard
    jontard Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    can you come back with the Dragon quest for the dragon items for 21+ so i can get the order for armor and more please relly need the quest back
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015

About what competition you talk above ?

Do you think I used bots ?

If I play in game, I play myself.

I remember event Assault on Archosaur.

I remember huge jump of prices of gold (inflation) because of introduced by pwi bots.

Remove those damned bots and return back DQ rewards system !
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    About what competition you talk above ?

Do you think I used bots ?

If I play in game, I play myself.

I remember event Assault on Archosaur.

I remember huge jump of prices of gold (inflation) because of introduced by pwi bots.

Remove those damned bots and return back DQ rewards system !

75%+ of the first wave of r9s got it with illegal botting

you think the people with enough event gold for years and ones that can still sell random dyes likes its nothing got that with the pwi bot? nope that was before it
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    75%+ of the first wave of r9s got it with illegal botting

you think the people with enough event gold for years and ones that can still sell random dyes likes its nothing got that with the pwi bot? nope that was before it

Most of the people that have endless amounts of event gold got it off of a spend promo on Heroic Chests. If you bought ton of rep and it overly filled your mailbox it would glitch and practically give you double than what you got. You just waited until the rep sale was over and dumped the rep off to gain your money back and got tons of mirages and chest of coins that you could sell for dq pts.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • _Warfox - Archosaur
    _Warfox - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think since they removed coin price for all DQ and they removed armor price there should be a way to redeem DQ points for either esctasy cards or excitement cards. (Note not easy but also not insanely hard to aquire either as this would help with the coin compensation which was taken out of the game.)
  • kiserrherron
    kiserrherron Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So that means all the botters are going to be back? b:angry oh my dear
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    inb4 necro
  • mizukhy
    mizukhy Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For years, not we gain random pigmentb:sad, but Makeover scroll can buy with gold event and believe it has no need to change both appearance, unless you are running from the policeb:chuckle. Teleport Stone would be great and gemsb:dirty
  • johnmagin
    johnmagin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i think it would be nice to see some new items in game, like new necks, rings, belts, and helms. something that is nice but can upgraded to something everyone would like to get their hands on. and if things are changing around can we please have the cards tradeable. beyound that this is billed as a free to play game yet with the DQ items only sellable for 1 coin i can not cover my repairs, can you find it in your hearts to make something worth enough to do that so when i can not put a few extra dollars on my account i can continue to play.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People still replaying to this thread?
    Oh *** i just did reply to this thread.
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    People still replaying to this thread?
    Oh *** i just did reply to this thread.

Quick! Ask a mod to delete it before somebody can quote it!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • dbs4sin
    dbs4sin Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mods are a myth! b:avoid
  • ggalacticparadox
    ggalacticparadox Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Almost 1 1/2 years and this new/upcoming system is still in the works.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I host a mirror of PWI forums here: pwi-forum.gdevtalk.net
    I host a WIP PW-Wiki here: wiki.gdevtalk.net
    Beta player
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bump

Oh wait... ths is stickied, damn...
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rieihdius wrote: »
    Originally Posted by DefenderofDreams 10-23-2013, 07:05 PM
    Greetings PWI community,

We here on the PWI team have indeed been reading the forum posts/threads on this subject, and have been collecting as much information as we can for what's to come. We hear your voice, and know we are taking heed. However, I cannot give an exact date as to when the new system will be launched, as details are still changing due to the new system still being worked on.

We have not released a blog post (as of yet) on what's to come due to this reason. We rather not post something that is constantly changing every week, thus confusing everyone until the release of the new system.

As such, I can only at this point give out the following information:

-There is a new system being worked on to replace the DQ system

The reason we have decided to phase out the current DQ system, is that it frankly wasn't living up to our standards in terms of reliability and consistency. Many problems with the DQ point update system and reward redemption flow would all too often have issues, giving both you and us many headaches. Thus it has been decided to create a brand new system that can be much more stable for the future.

I will be updating this thread as I gain concrete information that I can pass on to you, the community.

Until that point, we'd love for you to give us your thoughts on what you personally would like to see in the new DQ system, because as has been mentioned, it has not been finalized yet.

We still have time to make changes before its release.

Please, discuss and I am open to PMs. (not only Genotypist!)

Updates:

-Current points will not carry over to the new system.
    -That being said, we WILL give ample warning for when the current DQ system will be taken down. You will have plenty of time to use the points you have acquired up to that point.

Last edited by DefenderofDreams; 10-25-2013 at 05:58 PM

today is : 01-12-2015

lel at this b:bye

And Today is 04-30-12

EDIT: No its 04-30-2015 (so epic fail at trolling...)

ty Rafael for point that out b:laugh

BTW... They finally found a way to kill this thread and is by killing the forum b:laugh
    You guys have to admit that this thread is freaking OP since it managed to survive until the end of this site b:laugh

• tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Greetings PWI community,

We here on the PWI team have indeed been reading the forum posts/threads on this subject, and have been collecting as much information as we can for what's to come. We hear your voice, and know we are taking heed. However, I cannot give an exact date as to when the new system will be launched, as details are still changing due to the new system still being worked on.

We have not released a blog post (as of yet) on what's to come due to this reason. We rather not post something that is constantly changing every week, thus confusing everyone until the release of the new system.

As such, I can only at this point give out the following information:

-There is a new system being worked on to replace the DQ system

The reason we have decided to phase out the current DQ system, is that it frankly wasn't living up to our standards in terms of reliability and consistency. Many problems with the DQ point update system and reward redemption flow would all too often have issues, giving both you and us many headaches. Thus it has been decided to create a brand new system that can be much more stable for the future.

I will be updating this thread as I gain concrete information that I can pass on to you, the community.

Until that point, we'd love for you to give us your thoughts on what you personally would like to see in the new DQ system, because as has been mentioned, it has not been finalized yet.

We still have time to make changes before its release.

Please, discuss and I am open to PMs. (not only Genotypist!)

Updates:

-Current points will not carry over to the new system.
    -That being said, we WILL give ample warning for when the current DQ system will be taken down. You will have plenty of time to use the points you have acquired up to that point.

You failed in defending our dreams b:cry
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Rafael - Harshlands
    Rafael - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rieihdius wrote: »
    And Today is 04-30-12

BTW... They finally found a way to kill this thread and is by killing the forum b:laugh
    You guys have to admit that this thread is freaking OP since it managed to survive until the end of this site b:laugh

you're a few years behind bro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rieihdius
    edited April 2015
    you're a few years behind bro

time machine b:faint

• Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide
    Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just wondering if the DQ System will come with an ARC update, a new CM or a GM that cares about this game ? b:shutup

b:thanks b:chuckle
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just wondering if the DQ System will come with an ARC update, a new CM or a GM that cares about this game ? b:shutup

b:thanks b:chuckle

Maybe when Hell gets into an Ice Age. b:avoid
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • mzlogo
    mzlogo Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Of course not, WhosNutz, it's only been a year and a half since they promised. They don't care.

They just whine about illegal bots that evidently they're not smart enough to stop, and that's their reasoning for taking away DQ coin value.

Yes, it's very hard on ordinary players (not heavy cash shoppers).

b:sad

Oh, and be sure to refer all your friends to the game, because it'll be even harder for new players just starting out.
  • Ludacritz - Raging Tide
    Ludacritz - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That awkward moment when you click this thread expecting to see patch notes thread not paying attention, just seeing a new post and clicking last page, then realize "Holy ****! 51 pages in like, 5 minutes??? ... Wait a minute...."

I'll see myself out now b:surrender
  • rieihdius
    edited June 2015
    It's oficial, this thread is inmortal, it survived forum migration. Most OP thread in the forum history. :o

on side note: why do I have only 6 post now? lololol :D
    edit: Guess after posting it updated. :o

• htmlcoder
    htmlcoder Posts: 5 Arc User
    Posting in an epic thread.
    photo-221867.gif
  • viviane19
    viviane19 Posts: 109 Arc User
    I want Scroll of Tome, Matchless Wings , and 10m big notes and also +10 orbs in the new item system :) so those stuff is finally able to get! And I want the selling price for DQ items back... Frost Cover is dead, TT prices went down to the ground of an Ocean ... In this game is nothing anymore worth to farm... everything got sucked like a lollipop ... and it is empty now.. Soon we have no more coins on the server .. and that is what I see incoming for the PWI future !

Open your mind, let it **** you in kind :-)
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I'm not sure why this thread is even still here. It should have been sent to the Lower Depths like a year ago.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Because this thread is the cornerstone of PWI's foundation. Clearly.
    (Insert fancy image here)