On the Extended, Extended Login Event

Options
orangeladey
orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
So, I noticed on PWI facebook that the login event was extended even further to May 29th???

Thought I'd mention it since my forum blindness seems to have kicked in again (unless no one really has posted about it here yet...)

Just- that gives a grand total of what, an extra 10 days, which is fine, I guess. Only, could those of us who have logged in every single EXTENDED day for this event get an extra prezzie? Heck even if its just a permanent Title (with stats) I'd be happy. The Avatar cards have been real nice and incredibly generous already, so I'm trying not to ask for much, but an extra 10 days of logins should merit something.

Of course I know the answer is 'no'.

Thought I'd ask, and bring the extension to anyone else's notice who missed it. Cheerio!
♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
--The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
Post edited by orangeladey on

Comments

• Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    They only extended the log-in rewards because they were having issues with players getting their rewards. Hell they are still having issues. I'm happy enough with the cards, in my opinion it would a bit selfish to ask for anything extra just because they extended they days for these issues......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Very top of General Discussion has a stickied thread that covers it. We've been aware of it a good while now. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Very top of General Discussion has a stickied thread that covers it. We've been aware of it a good while now. b:chuckle

Well, I did say Forum Blindness. So ultimately that is my

But as a not-very-good-defence, I did read that thread when it first came out back on the 11th, talking about the original extension. But I saw no reason to keep paying attention to it after the first couple days. Since it was the usual mix of thanks, complaints and confusion.

Everyday I'm on PW, I read the list of stickies to see if a new sticky is present, and hoping their might be a new code in that thread. (And it hasn't been the top, top post the last few logins, eh timing.)

Maybe it's my negligence, maybe it's my Arc, maybe it something else - but when a post is EDITED, it does not indicate a New Post in the thread for me.

So when the sticky post about the event was edited with the information in the first post - and the thread title not changed - I had no clue. I simply thought that any new posts to the therad were again the mix of thanks and didn't works.

Why should I have thought otherwise?

I had no problem with the event. And with the issues causing the original extension, I got all the alts I wanted to the full two weeks. Just thought that with the extra days, those who have gone above and beyond for logining in, should get some acknowledgement - even if its something small like a 5-rep Wraith Officer Badge, token of luck, or Friendship Crystals. (Or maybe not, I never figured out if that quest was fixed and I've a dozen of those things.) And now I'm really rambling off. So lunch, yes, I need lunch, bye
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Generally, titles won't change to avoid causing confusion but major updates tend to get edited into the first post when they happen. It's typically a good idea to recheck stickies on occasion for that information just to be safe.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Bloodkiara - Dreamweaver
    Bloodkiara - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Wow PWI can just never do enough for some peopleb:chuckle

Up to 1200 event gold, 8 platty charms and 8 gold charms, at least 6 A cards per character and you still want more?

I am over the moon with their generosity this month b:pleased
  • Joshuason - Raging Tide
    Joshuason - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just thought I'd mention, I did have ALL log ins done HOURS before the extended time ended, 10 PM PDT and only got 14 day reward on one character out of 7 or 8 that should have got it. Some shop/storage/farmer toons would have only gotten 7 day reward, but some of them didn't get that either! So here is my semi annual QQ post b:chuckle Anyhow, it seems that when they extended the time, it may have thrown off the timing of receiving the 7 day reward on some main(higher) characters because some didn't get rewards til almost day 9. I asked the question on another thread about May log in event, so I'll kind of ask again here. Does the giving out of rewards end when event ends or is it just delayed a bit(maybe issues like others have mentioned)? And do I really have to send in a ticket or will PWI continue counting the days on ALL characters in PWI? b:chuckle I can understand if it takes the system awhile to do that. I can't complain, did get an S card on my main, but got a random A n S on a shop toon(maybe use another character for shop and build him up, LOL). My 34 BM got an A card and yes, i do wanna build him up eventually. So back to the question, will people still be getting rewards that qualified before event ended? Thank you for any response. b:thanks I'll check the stickied thread for any update. b:victory
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    tjoshua/Seeker(2nd in command, Demon): lvl 87, RB1
    Wolf_Vaughn/Barb(Vit build): lvl 80, done w/Jolly, Woof b:pleased
    \\Joshiki// /Assasin: lvl 80, soon to be relieved of Jolly as well xD
    Jeshu/Mystic: lvl 70(has most of his 85+ gear already! \o/
    Lil_Jo_Barb/Barb(Str build): lvl 70(he already has his WoE b:victory
    This is part of my small army. Happy grinding b:victory