Welcome Andy (Strumslinger) our new CM

Options
Joe - Morai
Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to you.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay and have fun with our amazing community <3
My Barb:
mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
Post edited by Joe - Morai on

Comments

• cornflakes2014
    cornflakes2014 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi and welcome to you.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay and have fun with our amazing community <3

He just introduced himself as the new CM for Neverwinter as replacement for Akromatic. What makes you think he's our CM? If he's also the new CM for PWI, I would've expected him to introduce himself here as replacement for Sparkie.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?894221-Introducing-Community-Manager-StrumSlinger
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    His post said he was CM of Arc, not PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    He just introduced himself as the new CM for Neverwinter as replacement for Akromatic. What makes you think he's our CM?

I assume this post http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=22418541#post22418541 Although he wrote from a position suggesting he is the CM of Arc, like Mayfly said.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ... he wrote from a position suggesting he is the CM of Arc, like Mayfly said.
    I used to be the QA Lead for Neverwinter until I became the Community Manager for Arc a couple months back. Now, here I am, back in the land of Neverwinter and am super excited to meet you guys and carry on Akro's legacy.

Edit: as you see from above it is false thread.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Edit: as you see from above it is false thread.

What is a false thread?
    giphy.gif

• NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The CM is talking in circles. Maybe they are both the CM of Arc and Neverwinter.
    Arc Community Manager Andy (StrumSlinger) will be your host and will be joined by dedicated members of the PWI community who have helped in planning the stream.
    I became the Community Manager for Arc a couple months back. Now, here I am, back in the land of Neverwinter and am super excited to meet you guys and carry on Akro's legacy.

Or maybe they got promoted?/demoted? the day after they wrote the thing on the PWI forums.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What is a false thread?

This one.

There is no prove of mentioned information.
  • bloodedone87
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This one.

There is no prove of mentioned information.

Here is the prove:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/9133653-pwi-live-stream-4%2F16-at-2pm-pdt%21

http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/9106583-q%26arc%3A-community-manager-andy-%28strumslinger%29
    His post said he was CM of Arc, not PWI.

And that includes all the game available on Arc.
    giphy.gif

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited April 2015
    Options
    And that includes all the game available on Arc.

Then any from pwi staff can be named as community manager of pwi ?

No way.

DefenderofDreams has more posts and do more for pwi community.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2015
    Options
    He also says some Arc games have dedicated CMs in the second linked post, like PWI used to. He also didn't list PWI in the list of games that don't fall under dedicated CMs.

Sparkie introduced himself as CM of Arc and PWI when he started, so your attempt to make them equivalent fails. Until Strummy introduces himself as PWI CM, he isn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No, I highly doubt it, you were to quick to jump the guns, he is an ARC CM and now NWO's CM as well.
    NWO has an extremely active player base and much more importance is given to it compared to other games under PWE, Akro has always been responsible with solely being the CM for NWO during his stay, so Strum is already stretched a lot more than he can handle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Anyway I hope this is not our (PWI) new CM because if he hasn't had enough time yet to come on the forum, this wouldn't be considered as a good start.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This thread is dumb & pointless.

/close
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've been wondering, what happened to Sparkie?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2015
    Options
    He disappeared without a farewell message, the assumption is that he quit or got fired.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • petrave
    petrave Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    gues sparky got fired he was to close to us players and agreed on some things pwi cant have that a cm who admits pwi make,s mistake,s but nevertheless welcome andy
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've been wondering, what happened to Sparkie?
    PWE had a massive layoff at the same time he disappeared. Likely he got caught in it. We're now await the coming of PWI CM #6.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Anyway I hope this is not our (PWI) new CM because if he hasn't had enough time yet to come on the forum, this wouldn't be considered as a good start.

Have you seen the live stream a few hours ago?
    He has no idea how this game works, he wasn't prepared in any way (if you watch the other recorded live streams, this seems to be normal. Why don't they ask people at job interviews if they play and know the game which they have to manage?)

He even had no clue how to get a stable connection to a European server. How exactly does the description for a job like this look like?

Imo they have to be entertainers, have to have knowledge about the game AND STILL have to take issues and the player base serious.
  • bloodedone87
    edited April 2015
    Options
    war34child wrote: »
    He has no idea how this game works, he wasn't prepared in any way (if you watch the other recorded live streams, this seems to be normal. Why don't they ask people at job interviews if they play and know the game which they have to manage?)

He even had no clue how to get a stable connection to a European server. How exactly does the description for a job like this look like?

Imo they have to be entertainers, have to have knowledge about the game AND STILL have to take issues and the player base serious.

I watched 10 minutes till now and I must agree with you for now.
    I apreciate his effort for doing this.
    BUT I wanted to yall at my screen:
    ATTACK WHILE MOVING. You can do that with this class you playing.
    Oh and he didnt know what Earth Vector was. He was in shock when he seen that skills.
    Yes, he didnt play PW till now or he played long time ago and he doesnt remember or idk.

EDIT:I speed up a bit now cause I got bored of that QSM.
    Now he doing TT Aria of Dawn with 3k HP. What the hell he doing in 3-2 with 0 buffs and just 3k hp? Well almost 4 but doesnt matter. And all the time he just runs around.
    What he doing so close to the boss? Did he really played PWI till now?
    Well it seems that without their OP gear GM is really weak.
    giphy.gif

• XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I watched 10 minutes till now and I must agree with you for now.
    I apreciate his effort for doing this.
    BUT I wanted to yall at my screen:
    ATTACK WHILE MOVING. You can do that with this class you playing.
    Oh and he didnt know what Earth Vector was. He was in shock when he seen that skills.
    Yes, he didnt play PW till now or he played long time ago and he doesnt remember or idk.

EDIT:I speed up a bit now cause I got bored of that QSM.
    Now he doing TT Aria of Dawn with 3k HP. What the hell he doing in 3-2 with 0 buffs and just 3k hp? Well almost 4 but doesnt matter. And all the time he just runs around.
    What he doing so close to the boss? Did he really played PWI till now?
    Well it seems that without their OP gear GM is really weak.

He had a few days training, hes new to the PWI (game) and kudos to him for trying. He wanted to run around without the CM/GM gear just to get a feel for the game. He was asked after last weeks twitch feed to come have a try to highlight the game. Fair play to him he couldve just said no and done another NeverWinter or Blacklight twitch but he came and had a try
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    war34child wrote: »

Hey, You! (v4l) also had never played this game before. It's not necessary to being a good cm. As long as they are fast learners who are also willing to learn, have a passion for helping the community, and is willing to listen and get information from people who do such as players/other gms who have played.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    sontzu wrote: »

LOLWUT?!?

Come now Venus, you know as well as I do that this only results in early dismissal by upper management

V4liance not only was changing our minds about this company, he was changing the company's mind about customer support. It helped he was unflappably enthusiastic about wanting to make things better. At least in all my dealings with him. Of course, the game was at a better place in it's life cycle too. So, you know in all fairness, accomplishing that was easier.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Honestly, all I can think about was...

'This is way you don't power level. Learn your class.'

"I leveled to 20, then, by GM powers, 105 RB1." He basically was given a shiny new toy with some assembly required but didn't bother to assemble must less the directions how to.

When he does return to PWI to stream, because it sounds like he will, I sincerely hope he spend some time to learn the class he will stream on. Oh, one more thing for S&G, make it a PvP.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    They haven't hired a CM for us yet.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

• ggalacticparadox
    ggalacticparadox Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »
    They haven't hired a CM for us yet.

Which is hilarious, because no announcement of sparkie's departure ever came to fruition. Furthermore, Sparkie never hinted on leaving or anything (doubt he would have anyway). This is PWE basically being the ignorant company as they always are. Quite disappointing to see this game put off on the back burner with other titles PWE finds "less profitable".

Examples of this are Ether Saga, BOI, WOI, and a few others.

So as of right now, we have 0 CM support, non-existent ticket support, very little game support in general, and no communication between the customers and the employer/company. How unfortunate. Sparkie wasn't all that good in the first place, really.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I host a mirror of PWI forums here: pwi-forum.gdevtalk.net
    I host a WIP PW-Wiki here: wiki.gdevtalk.net
    Beta player
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    They gave spoons the same treatment when he suddenly vanished and we had to find out on our own what happened.

And as for lack of a CM... remember when v4l had left? We had no CM for a while, then a temp CM in synchroze who we didn't really see much of... and we got lucky with DoD being a secondary temp CM (though he was swamped with everything else he had to do) and DoD was a pretty active guy overall who did his best to help us out.

So yeah, nothing new here for PWE where having as few employees doing as much work seems to be the method of business. Here's hoping this time we don't go 6 months without an official CM. Preferably that we get one sooner rather than later.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    WOW I have a few days out and look...

Yer I cant understand where PWE comes from TBH either with this. Customer Service and Focus on the player base should be 80% - 20% not 20% - 80%. I work in Retail and its really all about the Customers and a few other things. In the short they are providing a service no one in their right mind would continue to use a service where (Continues Ranting) well your get the point. How close you want to match that up well your call. Whats with all the departures anyway?

PWI needs two things to make a big impact.

CM - Who will talk to the players. (Yes we know the control is limited and Communication is low. But just a hard line. Say the right words and do what you can.)
    GMS - and I mean a few to do things ingame with players on servers.

Example Forum Suggestion (Im bad with Ideas). write a short passage on why you would like to run an instance with a GM? What instance would it be and why? Winner will win the chance to run with a Squad and a GM!

INgame Run a Quiz Night in WC. Hell ive done this myself and its been Brilliant!
    Need any more ideas well your have to ask.

Ive been working on a suggestion for PWI for something I wanted to call PCE Player Controlled Events. To my delight Ive used the idea myself. Cant say any more on that.

Classic understanding is the key here... something I really don't think anyone will ever understand.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Given the way the community tends to treat CMs and customer support in general, I'm not surprised those folk don't last long managing PWI. If the corporate monster doesn't get them, the community's (heavens) flame will... Probably mainly because they can't tell selfentitled brats to stick their issues where their LAN Link lights don't shine. And that you call out a new community rep on not knowing the game well when he's a few days at it, that's just rude. When you first started playing, did you know what aggro was? How to seal/stun/freeze? That you shouldn't go toe to toe with a boss in arcane gear? No. You died a few dozen times and learned by respawning. Live and learn. Die and learn more.

Makes me wonder if we shouldn't come up with a community rep of our own. Joe, Asterelle, heero200... those names come to mind. Condense the requests of the playerbase (not the individuals) and see where we can push them...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Given the way the community tends to treat CMs and customer support in general, I'm not surprised those folk don't last long managing PWI. If the corporate monster doesn't get them, the community's (heavens) flame will... Probably mainly because they can't tell selfentitled brats to stick their issues where their LAN Link lights don't shine. And that you call out a new community rep on not knowing the game well when he's a few days at it, that's just rude. When you first started playing, did you know what aggro was? How to seal/stun/freeze? That you shouldn't go toe to toe with a boss in arcane gear? No. You died a few dozen times and learned by respawning. Live and learn. Die and learn more.

Makes me wonder if we shouldn't come up with a community rep of our own. Joe, Asterelle, heero200... those names come to mind. Condense the requests of the playerbase (not the individuals) and see where we can push them...

If someone logs as a GM to promote the game for his company, I expect that he is prepared. If not, it's like going to a date with dirty fingernails and clothes and halitosis: it's disrespectful to your date.

If you become employed as a carpenter, it's also expected that you know what is wood (I won't complain if you don't know in which drawer the hammer is when you just started).