Pill Clerics: What To Do Once You Pill?

bazookapc
bazookapc Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Cleric
What's a cleric to do for armor if they've taken that magical level 95 pill (or in my case two to get to level 100 as it had somehow spawned two for me...which I hear was a common thing). I've heard some people say go to Morai and get THAT gear, but the Morai mobs two hit my cleric because he's not really built for withstanding physical attack even if I IH spam x 7 and use plume shell before fighting them.

Some say to go for TT99 because the Master's gear the pill gives you is equivalent-ish to TT90. However, it is very VERY difficult on the Archosaur server to find people, or a guild, who are in your timezone and willing to help a squishy cleric with TT99.

Still others say just pay your way to R9, which I have the IRL cash to do, but I would have no way of knowing what I'd have to buy FOR that with aforementioned gold.

As for my goals in PWI as a cleric, I don't want to PVP that much, however, it would be nice to not get one hit in nation war. As for PVE, my main goal is to get good enough armor to go through 2-3 rebirths, and start helping people more effectively. I picked cleric for a reason and that reason was to heal people. Unfortunately, I need to be helped myself before I can return the favor.

Call me a newb if you wish as I've never gotten farther than level 30 in SW:TOR and had only gotten to level 30 in PWI before pilling, but not all of us can be complete vets to start out with so I need some basic help here as that level pill confused the heck out of me and my character's been sitting around for the 2-3 months since I pilled doing nothing more than helping random people with their dungeon runs and participating in the odd nation war. (( << Holy cow that run-on sentence though! :o ))

Thank you for your time and hopefully your help. Have a pleasant day! :)
Post edited by bazookapc on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A few ideas to cope with Morai mobs:

IHx5 (max stack is 5) then alternate plume shot (or great cyclone) with IH to maintain healing stack.

Great cyclone from max range, run away, great cyclone while running when it's off cooldown (has a good chance of slowing the target.)

Silent seal, alternate plume shot and great cyclone until the freeze wears off, then kite using great cyclone as above.

If none of that is enough to cope, shard with garnets and try again. Common and average should be enough if you fill all your armor slots with them. Also, get a physical defense belt and necklace (even NPC ones will boost your pdef somewhat.)

If you've gotten sage/demon culti done, rebirth and work your way back to 100. The extra stat points will help. Be sure to do the Goshiki quest string before rebirth though, as that quest string can't be done after rebirth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What mayfly said is good advice. I was going to mention using seals as well. I will assume you dont yet have elven boon which is a really nice skill also, but other options are using genie skills like earthflame (in case you arent using) and earthquake (to push the mob back before you seal or in a tight situation). You can also use chromatic seal to sleep the mob if you find yourself getting beat on. It will give you time to re-ih/plumeshell/get your silent seal off cooldownb:thanks
  • cirenax
    cirenax Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey hey! I play Archo server too , so if u want some help from cleric / with quests and such you can try to pm me. My toon name is Kellyer :)

Like others said, IH stack , seals, plume shell ^^ They help some. Dont forget to keep urself buffed.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd stick to Masters gear - Morai95 armor isn't better then the Masters set unless you intend to refine it to +4 or so. The Morai weapon however is superior to the Masters one, so replace that.

As for what to do - just run a few BHs and other quests to get to level 100, then rebirth the pillbabe. By that time you can use the B and A cards you've no doubt already accumulated on it, which will help a lot. If you want to augment leveling with autoculti, use some pure magic mobs - for a cler the Lethal Araneid Sharpfangs around avalanche canyon are very nice (they have a very weak melee and mostly just use poison dot, which is easy to offset with IH).
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • bazookapc
    bazookapc Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So I suppose I've been using the wrong seal then? I've been using Chromatic seal as opposed to Silent. Use both of them? And yes, I've been buffing myself. :P

As for IH stack, someone told me it was 7. Whoopsies, I've been wasting mana.

As for the rebirthing, so all I need to do in Morai is get the Morai weapon, THEN I can rebirth? I've already finished my sage culti. I was told that Master's gear wasn't good enough to rebirth with (by a sin so I'm not sure if this info is accurate). :/
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bazookapc wrote: »
    So I suppose I've been using the wrong seal then? I've been using Chromatic seal as opposed to Silent. Use both of them? And yes, I've been buffing myself. :P

As for the rebirthing, so all I need to do in Morai is get the Morai weapon, THEN I can rebirth? I've already finished my sage culti. I was told that Master's gear wasn't good enough to rebirth with (by a sin so I'm not sure if this info is accurate). :/

Rank 8 Armor has no stat requirement, so it is also awesome for rebirthing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited March 2015

Actually, the lower your gear, the more sense rebirthing makes. Morai gear will allow you to easily solo up to BH59 and survive quite easily up to BH79 - so releveling will not be that hard. You build up some primal passives from spirit and can get some coin from quests... and work on gear while leveling back to 100.

• Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015
    Actually, the lower your gear, the more sense rebirthing makes. Morai gear will allow you to easily solo up to BH59 and survive quite easily up to BH79 - so releveling will not be that hard. You build up some primal passives from spirit and can get some coin from quests... and work on gear while leveling back to 100.

If I were in his situation I'd want to have my NV3 gear ready for when I got the stats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Chromatic sleeps, but next attack wakes a slept opponent. Use Chromatic to gain space and/or debuff (debuffs don't wake slept opponents), silent to hold while you attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015
    Chromatic sleeps, but next attack wakes a slept opponent. Use Chromatic to gain space and/or debuff (debuffs don't wake slept opponents), silent to hold while you attack.

You can also use thunderball before you sleep them.
    Its amusing and won't wake them b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1734621

This was a guide that I wrote for people with the illusionary stone.

You mentioned not wanting to be a one shot in NW. Idk how it is on Archosaur, but on Dreamweaver, some R9 players are still one shots.

The best gear option that I can give you (for someone that isn't really sure about the game or where they're going is to go for Nirvana G16. That does require either a hefty amount of farming or a hefty amount of coin, so that takes time. That said, I can give you a reasonable cheap goal to go for....

EMERGENCY GEAR:

Gearwise: (This gear is by no means endgame, but it will be sufficient enough to help you for now, and you can either upgrade it later, or resell it.

Go for the TT90 complete armor set.
    For your cape, get Cape of Elite Leather.
    Necklace: Get a sky demon's pearl.
    Belt: There is a cheap jungle belt that I would go for. Aside from that, aim for physical protection ornaments. Your belt should be physical too.

Rings: 2 options....
    1st and most common....Aim for 2 decent magic rings. (Best cheap options... Dark flower spirit's ring, perfect attendance 3rd stage ring (Free), and a few ithers,

Second option: Get 1 magic ring and 1 might ring. (Might ring refines for physical defense, which is one of your weaknesses.

Weapon, I'd recommend either a TT99 green as a cheap option, or getting a G15 or G16 weapon.

Now, I'm not going to lie, the build I mentioned does not have the best gear in the game. It's not even something I would call endgame for even a casual player. But it will help you to survive and kill well enough to do a lot of PvE activities comfortably. (Considering that at the moment, basic questing in Morai has become problematic for you.) This is more like a rushed emergency gear to help you survive until you can build up.

Don't forget to refine it (Maybe to +3), and to shard it. (Citrines and Garnets in armor, sapphire in weapon) Most optimal shards to use, considering price and efficiency are flawless shards.

Now, this gets you in the door. You can from here...Farm Morai and earn the morai gear....

Convert to Nirvana G15 or Nirvana G16. (Should you choose to farm it/buy the items, the TT gear will have been the legwork (For the decomposed material required.)

Note that in the gear that I mentioned, certain endgame instances will still give you some issue.

-Full Seat of Torment.
    -Full Abaddon.
    -Full Warsong.

You'll need to warsong anyways, so it is possible. Just remember to let them know that you cannot solo a pavilion just yet, and that you're inexperienced there. (For full Abaddon/Seat of Torment), you'll need it for your cultivation quests. This gear will allow you to survive in it if you take care, but just remember that you are still squishy for certain bosses.

Others have already given you good advice, so I'll stop there as I am long winded. Hope this helps. :)
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If I were in his situation I'd want to have my NV3 gear ready for when I got the stats

This... makes PRIMAL quests so much less painful.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited March 2015

Why? Unless you plan to powerlevel back to 100 in a few days, it doesn't make sense to wait for endgame gear before rebirthing. If you plan on a slow rebirth, Morai weapon and Masters armor, with low refines (+3/+4ish) will be WAY overpowered for the quests you'll be doing. Sure, you'll three shot mobs instead of oneshotting things with a G16 weapon, but I'd rather be doing that then plodding along in Morai95 stuff in BH100s.

As mentioned above, Primal quests will be a major pain in the neck with that kind of gear. The ranged attack of the first primal daily (attack on snow owl) will likely oneshot a low arcane toon. Might be wise to ask if someone will help you with that (in exchange for cleric buffs ;) ).