Does anyone remember?

Options
Tiramnia - Sanctuary
Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Anyone remember my char? Haha I mostly imagine not but of of curiosity I just had to ask, or maybe the faction I started? The Blue Knights. I wonder how that ended up.....
Post edited by Tiramnia - Sanctuary on

Comments

• gorwulf
    gorwulf Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi! I do remember You, also You sill in my friend list hehe.. but I mostly play in morai server nowadays, glad to have you back anyways b:victory
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    gorwulf wrote: »
    Hi! I do remember You, also You sill in my friend list hehe.. but I mostly play in morai server nowadays, glad to have you back anyways b:victory

Awww why is it that you on Morai now?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    you are no where in my memory in sanct.

are you planning to return to any server anytime soon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    you are no where in my memory in sanct.

are you planning to return to any server anytime soon?

I would like to return soon however current circumstances prevent me from doing so at this point.
    edited February 2015
    Options
    such a shame. The games still pretty good and pretty (if not a lil more interesting) if your not one to be pressured about gear and things. And non of the bugs will cause you heart attacks lol
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    such a shame. The games still pretty good and pretty (if not a lil more interesting) if your not one to be pressured about gear and things. And non of the bugs will cause you heart attacks lol

Well I guess I was planning on coming back regardless of anything, I never played the game in the general way to play an mmorpg haha hence why my char has been around the same lvl for a looong time
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Anyone remember my char? Haha I mostly imagine not but of of curiosity I just had to ask, or maybe the faction I started? The Blue Knights. I wonder how that ended up.....

Don't know the faction or your character, though to be fair I was basically soloing content when anni packs first came out. After that while I'd join in things to help out, anything I needed I basically did myself or joined random groups for fun.
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Don't know the faction or your character, though to be fair I was basically soloing content when anni packs first came out. After that while I'd join in things to help out, anything I needed I basically did myself or joined random groups for fun.

My faction wasnt big to be fair, and yeah I had to much fun with people to be totally solo, though I did go more solo in 2013 which is when the community felt like it was being devoured
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My faction wasnt big to be fair, and yeah I had to much fun with people to be totally solo, though I did go more solo in 2013 which is when the community felt like it was being devoured

For me I just couldn't stand the greed of others, especially in TT. The whole barb gets first pick, cleric 2nd was stupid to me, even though technically it benefited me with 2nd pick.

I used apoth all the time, so I knew it was cheaper to heal when there wasn't AoE, than it was for me to DD. So listening to other clerics and even barbs whine about repair costs disgusted me. It's why I was building a fist bm back in 2008; I knew it could solo from the calculation I had made, and could survive to kill with charms.

Later on when BP came out, it was cheaper. But by then I'd already been farming and earning plenty with my BM. So I could avoid TT altogether (I was cubing since Oct 08 on Sanc, and the arcane armor and glaive molds were cheap as hell back then), so the only reason I had to TT was purely for profit. Everything else was taken care of outside of it.

If the greed hadn't kicked in, wouldn't have been a big deal. I did have fun doing Seppuku TT runs where repair costs were covered with mirage, and the rest was split 6 ways for all. That to me made sense. But when a barb/bm is demanding I change my build to one that is dependent just so I can help them get first dibs on gold mats with no thanks or renumeration back; that's where I just said **** them.

Should note the greedy ones weren't seppuku, it was actually guild mates. Who ended up jumping ship after they got their TT90 axes. What a surprise.
    edited February 2015
    Options
    theres a couple good casualish factions, and if your having pc probs you should poke the resident PCnerd Sylenthunderb:chuckle
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    For me I just couldn't stand the greed of others, especially in TT. The whole barb gets first pick, cleric 2nd was stupid to me, even though technically it benefited me with 2nd pick.

I used apoth all the time, so I knew it was cheaper to heal when there wasn't AoE, than it was for me to DD. So listening to other clerics and even barbs whine about repair costs disgusted me. It's why I was building a fist bm back in 2008; I knew it could solo from the calculation I had made, and could survive to kill with charms.

Later on when BP came out, it was cheaper. But by then I'd already been farming and earning plenty with my BM. So I could avoid TT altogether (I was cubing since Oct 08 on Sanc, and the arcane armor and glaive molds were cheap as hell back then), so the only reason I had to TT was purely for profit. Everything else was taken care of outside of it.

If the greed hadn't kicked in, wouldn't have been a big deal. I did have fun doing Seppuku TT runs where repair costs were covered with mirage, and the rest was split 6 ways for all. That to me made sense. But when a barb/bm is demanding I change my build to one that is dependent just so I can help them get first dibs on gold mats with no thanks or renumeration back; that's where I just said **** them.

Should note the greedy ones weren't seppuku, it was actually guild mates. Who ended up jumping ship after they got their TT90 axes. What a surprise.

I simply never worried about gear, I think that may have been why some people were kind enough to give me stuff for free because I never bothered asking for drops or anything. I just figured that the way I was, well was perfectly fine and I didnt need better gear or anything, sometimes people would make me something or they would ask what I had in my inventory and then surprise me by making something for me that way. They would ask if they can have it and I would just be like SURE! Then I would get something in the mail.

Sometimes I couldn't part with something that had been given to me so I would keep using it even if I had grown out of it.
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    theres a couple good casualish factions, and if your having pc probs you should poke the resident PCnerd Sylenthunderb:chuckle

I need to get myself an OS as my crack broke.....for the second time. So I think I will buy a legit one. Then its just getting internet....supporting two people is tough but I may leave the flat soon haha soooo sick of paying for lazy people
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I simply never worried about gear, I think that may have been why some people were kind enough to give me stuff for free because I never bothered asking for drops or anything. I just figured that the way I was, well was perfectly fine and I didnt need better gear or anything, sometimes people would make me something or they would ask what I had in my inventory and then surprise me by making something for me that way. They would ask if they can have it and I would just be like SURE! Then I would get something in the mail.

Sometimes I couldn't part with something that had been given to me so I would keep using it even if I had grown out of it.

It wasn't due to me needing something, it was due to not needing anything. I started leveling all crafts day 1, and could make nice gear anyways. And with molds, I was set. It was more the desire not to help people, when they show themselves to be so selfish.

There's plenty of people needing help, I wanted to help those who would pass it down the line. And being in a faction was more restricting in that regard back then, then it is nowadays. After I made my solo guild and just stayed in it, I could help whoever whenever, as I pleased. No drama, no worries.

To me that is what solo play is. Doesn't mean I never join people, but I will usually avoid grouping for anything that allows people to abuse others for their own greed. BHs are fun to do in groups, but WS and such I find it better to just solo through with dual boxing. No mistakes, no worry about drops, no worries or problems.

That to me is what soloing is, and why I like it so much. That and everytime someone mentions working together as a group, it always means my character's making less, so the "help coordinator" earns more. (like in NWs) I can't even pretend to join their stupid and act like they aren't full of it. And being in a solo faction prevents the offers from even happening.
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It wasn't due to me needing something, it was due to not needing anything. I started leveling all crafts day 1, and could make nice gear anyways. And with molds, I was set. It was more the desire not to help people, when they show themselves to be so selfish.

There's plenty of people needing help, I wanted to help those who would pass it down the line. And being in a faction was more restricting in that regard back then, then it is nowadays. After I made my solo guild and just stayed in it, I could help whoever whenever, as I pleased. No drama, no worries.

To me that is what solo play is. Doesn't mean I never join people, but I will usually avoid grouping for anything that allows people to abuse others for their own greed. BHs are fun to do in groups, but WS and such I find it better to just solo through with dual boxing. No mistakes, no worry about drops, no worries or problems.

That to me is what soloing is, and why I like it so much. That and everytime someone mentions working together as a group, it always means my character's making less, so the "help coordinator" earns more. (like in NWs) I can't even pretend to join their stupid and act like they aren't full of it. And being in a solo faction prevents the offers from even happening.

There was a time when I was meant to get first dibs on drops....and I was like say what? I declined as I didnt even know what to do with the drops hahaha, I dunno what type of playing I do, if its solo or not, I just like to run around the world and do whatever! Sometimes its helping otehrs with quests and stuff other times its just sitting talking and occasionally its doing my own quests.

I was always told I dance to the beat of my own drum even irl, but I guess it shows very clearly through games. I dont like greed ether but then it never bothered me because well I simply was too busy in my own world to notice, I didnt partake, I didnt do the runs that really instigated greed and I created my own faction because I wanted to try and create even if a small but better community of people who would HELP others.

The Blue Knights, it has a nice ring to it huh, I had actually started trying to collect blue dyes for my faction so that everyone was in blue b:chuckle That way you could recognise us a mile away. But it would have been progressive, so that the most helpful would be all in blue. It probably seems totally silly though!
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I need to get myself an OS as my crack broke.....for the second time. So I think I will buy a legit one. Then its just getting internet....supporting two people is tough but I may leave the flat soon haha soooo sick of paying for lazy people
    OS as in like windows? are you typing with a ipad or something? o,o
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    OS as in like windows? are you typing with a ipad or something? o,o

IPhone and also at work on those pcs haha, yeah I need windows7 cause windows8 makes me wanna cry