Password length in arc and on forums

Options
Aasaf - Sanctuary
Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
When did pwi restrict password length to 14 characters? My password is 14+ characters. Now that i want to change it, it tells me i can not. Reason being? My password that is longer than 14 characters is not being recognized as a valid password.

I tried it on arc, to change the email address, no go there. Came to the forums, same issue.

Was this an intentional change? Previously there was no restriction on password length. If the powers to be can fix the password length issue, would be quite grateful.
Post edited by Aasaf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    hahahaha
    i almost died laughing when they force-reset passwords for SECURITY reasons and then, in the same breath, they cut the password length. hahaha, when i think about it, i have to laugh again. b:laugh

inb4 apologists take over
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The 14-character limit to the passwords has been on the sites since 2008....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I counted the password length, 14 characters. Still it wouldn't let me change it. I entered the password, one character at a time. I get this message

"The password you have entered does not match your current one. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!"

In arc i get

"Please enter a value between 6 and 14 characters long"

When i log my 2nd account that has 10 character long password, it allows me to change the password.

Could it be a 14 character password issue?
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    inb4 apologists take over
    very next post
    The 14-character limit to the passwords has been on the sites since 2008....
    hillarious

my joindate is 2011, my password used to be 17 characters long, but for 'security' reasons it has been reset. unfortunately this happened after they shoved arc down our throats. one of the bs reasons for arc was increased "safety". and one mesurement to increase the"safety" was to cut down the password length to 14 chars.
    but i guess now you will tell us that login names always used to be email-adresses, too.

Aasaf, sadly it seems your only hope is to send a ticket (mail to support if u cannot log in at all anymore). they should be able to reset your password. then you will be able to set a new shorter password.
This discussion has been closed.