How do blademaster beat barbarian in pvp

Spardex - Archosaur
Spardex - Archosaur Posts: 18 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Blademaster
I have a level 100 blademaster with full tt90 and i vs my friend who is also full tt90 level 100 and we used exactly the same weapon and i keep losing to him i do weak damage and he hits me way hard and easily kills me. I used tiger roar, fissure and highland cleave still i lost. So how do i beat barb there def too strong
Post edited by Spardex - Archosaur on

Comments

• WorldWideWeb - Lost City
    WorldWideWeb - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Depends, if he is charmed use drake breath bash + spark, if you are only axe spark + heavens flame make sure you have a genie with spark eruption but do this after his charm thick and used invoke (turtle skill) try to debuff him if he have fulll buffs with a 99 spear or any debuff wep. Stunlock drake bash, roar, smack, aoelian blade if you are not reborn yet if he get close to kill you.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Stun Locking them is a good idea. barbs have good pdef so its going to be a little harder. You CAN use drakes breath bash and aps him. Honestly there are a ton of things you can do. Best idea though, would be to drakes bash him(if it lands, continue this path) HF(if it lands continue) Drake sweep FoF Roar more skills. The HF knocks up your damage and the drake sweep and fof are quick damage skills.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have a level 100 blademaster with full tt90 and i vs my friend who is also full tt90 level 100 and we used exactly the same weapon and i keep losing to him i do weak damage and he hits me way hard and easily kills me. I used tiger roar, fissure and highland cleave still i lost. So how do i beat barb there def too strong

Troll or just really stupid?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Barbarian strength: Can take a lot of damage, especially physical.
    Barbarian weakness: Does very little to no elemental damage and/or ranged damage.

You can try the strategies listed above. I also advise spamming Marrow Physical to beef your own physical defense (also helps bolster your own defenses if you get stunned by your opponent), and if you need to go defensive, Oceans Edge and Leap Back can buy you some time (you can do some damage from range with Drake Ray, Spiritchaser and Farstrike while your opponent closes). Blademasters are also more regenerative then barbarians - Diamond Sutra is less costly then the barbarian regenerative abilities.

Playing defensive like that can prolong a duel a loooong time.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    The people giving you advise are pretty much awful at this point OP (henceforth referred too as idiot) Just gonna assume duel settign here, pvp changes slightly and mass pvp changes muchly but its the basics.

So heres how to play the bm idiot, you click fast skills, anything longer than 1.3 seconds that does not pack a significant secondary effect aint worth it (RE: stuns, HF, chi).

you time these fast skills or a series of very fast punches so that every 5.9 seconds your already channeling DB and every 7.3 seconds your already channeling roar if demon or if level 10 every 5.8 seconds roar and then bridge with AE blade+fan into DB again.

you use the appropriate marrow in any sort of 1v1. you can acc magic marrow and phys marrow when the barb is locked for free chi but have phys up out of stun always.

If he antistuns kite like a litte girl.

Dont ****ing bhodi untill the last possible moment a stun is channeling.

Stop letting him 3 spark on your face.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My equal geared BM buddy could kick my *** pretty well in duels by keeping me stunlocked most of the time.

If i´d survive that and get a chance to be not stunned for a while, hed have to run away though cuz indeed the barb hits hard (if hes demon str)

Charmed PK, you try not to fight other HAs, useless unending charm ****.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bah i rather avoid the charm ****. There one on myserver we keep having a draw the few that i have beat took a great deal of locking then setting up a Roar+HF+Rising Combo, there was one time O GS+Mire ended a fight quick b:laugh.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Spardex - Archosaur
    Spardex - Archosaur Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yh we both had charms duel lasted aroubd 20-30second and all my bm skills are maxed every single one of them except demon skill books and when I hit him I do 735 damage and he hits like 2k with armeggdon and stuns me too so should I do this roar stunlock HF then drake bash to finish him off
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    Armageddon costs half his life and 2 sparks, the damage depends on his current HPs. That limits him in when he can use it. (not when he is low on HP, not when his charm has just ticked unless he is pretty sure to kill you, not when he has spent his sparks on something else)

With some practice you may be able to learn when it is likely to come. you may be able to jump away, stun or interupt him, or if you are stunned yourself, use AD.

If he does use it while his charm is on cooldown and thus halves his own HP, and you aint dead, use that window of opportunity to kill him at that time. Even if his charm was not on cooldown, arma at least ticked his charm and thus it is now on cooldown and you might be able to kill him with a good combo.

All easier said than done, and beyond my own PvP skills, but i guess that is how good PvP is supposed to work.
    Barbarian strength: Can take a lot of damage, especially physical.
    Barbarian weakness: Does very little to no elemental damage and/or ranged damage.

A lot depends on if he is str or vit and sage or demon. Sage barbs espescially with a vit build depend very much on armageddon for the kill. They spend most of their time trying to create the right opportunity for casting it.
    In that case, it is very important you learn not to get hit by it. Try to dodge, interupt it and try to disturb his efforts to create the opportunity for casting it. If you can avoid a sage vit barbs arma from hitting you, you should be pretty safe for the win even though it might take ages for you to get the lucky crits needed to kill him.
    A demon barb will not so much depend on armagedon, most dont even use it all that much. They depend on bestial onslaughts crit bonus for the next 2-3 attacks and will spend most of their time just spamming you with attacks. A str barb isnt all that more durable then you are. In fact if you make sure you have phys marrow up all the time, you are more durable than him.

I dont really know very well how the numbers play out on TT90 toons. 2k damage doesnt sound all that impressive if you consider that it takes half his own HPs and i assume you both have something around 10-12k HP or so (when he is standing up)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I also advise spamming Marrow Physical to beef your own physical defense.

You either need to be fighting a bad barb, or have some really good gear if doing phys marrow. Phys marrow is basically saying you think the other guy is too dumb to have dmg pots. Also, barbs have poision damage already.

If you have APS capability, you can also give DBB a try; but you'd either need to chi burst or focus APS to regain chi after using up over 3 sparks. And you'd have to be one too, because you won't have will ready if you fail to get initial stun. And first stun would have to be Roar, to make it easier to build up chi after a sequence for starting the next. Also ensures the greatest amount of time you can APS is during the 7.5 of DB, maximizing its potential.

Or you can just wood pot and use apoth while leaving 2 sparks for use. It is fun to do both though, and deal a much larger amount of damage APS against heavies.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    You either need to be fighting a bad barb, or have some really good gear if doing phys marrow. Phys marrow is basically saying you think the other guy is too dumb to have dmg pots. Also, barbs have poision damage already..

You vastly overestimate these elemental effects.

forget about the barbs poison dmg. its about 6-7% of his total hit. Like i hit you for 10k, it adds 600-700 poison dmg. Or in TT90 words, 1000 dpg + 70 poison.

You probably are refering to pts that have a similar effect. Rather insignificant. Theres some insignificant genie skills too.

Of course you should use physical marrow against a barb. Dont doubt that for a second.
    As for APSing the barb, depends on how stupid (or overconfident) the barb is. I APS people in NW sometimes because they dont runaway when i triple spark. In that case APSing is indeed a great way to take down high defence enemies. You are talking TT90 though so i dont think you have APS equipment to make this feasible. Even in the old PvE instances APS starts to become usefull at 4 APS, in pvp it is already rare enough to be usefull at 5aps. Dont think about APSing anyone before you got that.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I do not know this barb's skills but assuming you end up fighting against a celestial sage/demon barb, I also advice keeping an eye on your buffs. Many times my clean sweep has caught BMs off-guard; without bell and marrow they're pretty much dead meat to my strenght barb's attacks. Some barbs also use purge weapons.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    You vastly overestimate these elemental effects.

forget about the barbs poison dmg. its about 6-7% of his total hit. Like i hit you for 10k, it adds 600-700 poison dmg. Or in TT90 words, 1000 dpg + 70 poison.

You probably are refering to pts that have a similar effect. Rather insignificant. Theres some insignificant genie skills too.

Of course you should use physical marrow against a barb. Dont doubt that for a second.
    As for APSing the barb, depends on how stupid (or overconfident) the barb is. I APS people in NW sometimes because they dont runaway when i triple spark. In that case APSing is indeed a great way to take down high defence enemies. You are talking TT90 though so i dont think you have APS equipment to make this feasible. Even in the old PvE instances APS starts to become usefull at 4 APS, in pvp it is already rare enough to be usefull at 5aps. Dont think about APSing anyone before you got that.

Depends on the gear of the player you are fighting. You forget, phys marrow adds a lot of phys def (decreasing the damage from APS itself) at the cost of mag marrow (increasing damage of pots)

Primal passives and such may have changed it around, but my BM would typically deal around double damage to someone who used phys marrow against them. Double. That's pretty good increase of damage.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    Depends on the gear of the player you are fighting. You forget, phys marrow adds a lot of phys def (decreasing the damage from APS itself) at the cost of mag marrow (increasing damage of pots)

Primal passives and such may have changed it around, but my BM would typically deal around double damage to someone who used phys marrow against them. Double. That's pretty good increase of damage.

High grade ele pots + other adds still hurt like all hell when I gave this a test, and I have maxed def passive and demon marrow. (it takes high grades to matter now but meh)

I would say marrowing vs barbs is a good plan at low gear/skill (Read: not able to just rush with demon bell), simply because demon pen armor + mire hurts more than wood pots. Plus unlike bm's they're not liable to flip out a set of claws and apply that damage add 5 times a second.

But lets face it, if a bm cant stunlock a barb forever then they should probably reroll.
  • DemonAsh - Archosaur
    DemonAsh - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well i have both bm and barb and i play both
    but u cant just stun lock a good barb forever even as bm

as a bm aps is good idea again barb with stuns but its also depends ow harder u it with aps.. almost every bm have str/dex build to use claw fist to gain fast chi and dd in pve but not every bm hit like truck with aps.. b:chuckle
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015

Stopped reading here, get out of my forums.
  • DemonAsh - Archosaur
    DemonAsh - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Stopped reading here, get out of my forums.

anyone can just break stun lock with faith (100% success rate) ... lol wt world u living if u think stun lock is still so effective like b4 on barb or any class
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    anyone can just break stun lock with faith (100% success rate) ... lol wt world u living if u think stun lock is still so effective like b4 on barb or any class

The one where will of the bhodisava lasts longer than violent triumph and gives a movement speed buff and catching after any geni skill not named faith is easy af

Edit: Just realized this man either thinks fortify is a 100% answer to lock, or he's running a ****ing dex geni on a barb.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Good point earlier on the poison dmg in combination with marrow phys - especially for Sage BMs that could be a problem. Solution could be purge spear - Spirit Blackhole R8 spear while going full defensive until purged, then go full offensive for the kill could be a nasty tactic. Might take a while for the purge to hit but once it does, it leaves the barb with the option to rebuff (which takes a while and could be interrupted) or continue the fight unbuffed - which means less HPs and no wood damage.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    I seriously dont know what everyone reads into that tiny bit of poison dmg. Yes, purging your opponent is a game winner, but not for that.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2015

as a bm aps is good idea again barb with stuns but its also depends ow harder u it with aps.. almost every bm have str/dex build to use claw fist to gain fast chi and dd in pve but not every bm hit like truck with aps.. b:chuckle

b:chuckle At the point where T3 fists hit me for 200/hit after spark it's kinda pointless to aps.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    I seriously dont know what everyone reads into that tiny bit of poison dmg. Yes, purging your opponent is a game winner, but not for that.

Except we don't make up things to make it work, we go by IF it works. Rendering this point moot.

The reason for wood pot is it's a cheap apoth to use, and if you don't need defensive pot the 2 min cd isn't a big deal. Based off the damage increase of the pot from normal to that, we can determine the effect we can expect if we then stack it with DBB.

The nice things about doing it this way, is it only costs the 2 mins of apoth CD. DBB is a commitment of 2 sparks, which then makes stun locking when you're already low on sparks harder to do. Usually end up starting with RotP then DB if going this route, using RotP stun time to get base damage, then potting during DB to have the 7.5 for the extra damage and time to determine % increase.

After that I can DBB and if they decide to break the lock from the increase damage, I can RoTP since it is off CD. Unless they used an immunity to debuff after the break, this will hit them. Also since they usually try to run, it means the skill will still hit them, instead of DB chase and not hit. Also frees up OI for if they move out of RotP range, followed by back leap to close. If OI isn't needed, the option to Cloud Eruption is open if chi is needed to be gained back from the heavy investiture.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Except we don't make up things to make it work, we go by IF it works. Rendering this point moot.

The reason for wood pot is it's a cheap apoth to use, and if you don't need defensive pot the 2 min cd isn't a big deal. Based off the damage increase of the pot from normal to that, we can determine the effect we can expect if we then stack it with DBB.

Dont really know what point you are trying to render moot. and what you or who is making up. It was about the barb using poison damage and wood pot to do high damage to BMs in physical marrow.

My argument is that the added elemental damage to the barbs attack is so little compared to the physical marrow that he will be unable to get enough damage out of that to make physical marrow a bad choise for the BM. I don't know the exact numbers for Pmarrow and the poison pot, so if I a wrong, tell me so by providing the correct numbers, but to me it looks something like this:

Barb does 10k physical on BM. (just choosing a round number, the actual number doesnt matter. The barbs poison damage is based on weapon damage and will turn out to be some 8% on a low str barb and 6% on a high str barb)
    Add barbs poison makes it 10.000 physical and 600 magic
    Add pot makes it 10.000 physical and 1200 magic ? (as said i don't know how much, tell how much it really is)
    BM uses Pmarrow, effect depends on current resistances of course, but something like physical damage -30% and magic damage +100% sounds reasonable ?
    That would turn the 10.000 + 1200 (11200)
    into 7000 + 2400 (9400)

As said, i dont know all the numbers, only the barbs poison skill and a rough idea of pmarrow. Point is i dont believe you can practically make pmarrow a bad choise for the BM. And even if you could it would be by such a tiny margin that the BM wont be hurting himself by using pmarrow by default against a barb since only a rare barb would do this. (surely there must be better things to do with apoth) Nevertheless, of course the poison skill should always be used to simply do some extra damage and make pmarrow less effective.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    to OP

if he's charmed save most of ur stun locking abilites and damage amps till after his charm tics untill then its chip away his hp and occasional rotp/Aeolian blade(primal) to annoy/provoke apoc/genie if something nasty comes drop drakes bash. Once he's tic'd or at 50% lock and amp use fastest acting skills only dont get drawn into tryin to charm bypass im not sayin it cant be done with barbs its just usually more time efficient to go round their charm than try to go through it. 1v1 pmarrows fine its not rly all that bad as even with elemental pots/buff its not an uber buff to their damage compared to what u gain vs the phys other than this just be prepared for a tedious fight
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    to OP

if he's charmed save most of ur stun locking abilites and damage amps till after his charm tics untill then its chip away his hp and occasional rotp/Aeolian blade(primal) to annoy/provoke apoc/genie if something nasty comes drop drakes bash. Once he's tic'd or at 50% lock and amp use fastest acting skills only dont get drawn into tryin to charm bypass im not sayin it cant be done with barbs its just usually more time efficient to go round their charm than try to go through it. 1v1 pmarrows fine its not rly all that bad as even with elemental pots/buff its not an uber buff to their damage compared to what u gain vs the phys other than this just be prepared for a tedious fight
    This looks like a NECRO!

Morridune - Raging Tide replied to a message that was 3 months 14 days 19 hours 8 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Thank goodness I have zombie insurance! b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.