TW time slots error? Can this please be investigated by a GM?

icycoffeebreaks
icycoffeebreaks Posts: 37 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Currently on my west coast server, The early TWs starts at 9:00 AM Saturday. And the other set of TWs starts at 2:00 PM Saturday. There are currently no TWs scheduled at night. It looks as if they had been all scheduled 8 hrs ahead of their normal time. These current time schedule looks to be more suited for people playing on PWCN, and not PWI. Can we please have this looked into?

If this is done deliberately...why would a big weekend event not happen on a weekend night like it has been since the start of this game? Which makes it seems like a mistake.
Post edited by icycoffeebreaks on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2014
    Times appear to be set to Beijing instead of California.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • icycoffeebreaks
    icycoffeebreaks Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yea, may have been an unintended change with this expansion.
  • Female_Barb - Sanctuary
    Female_Barb - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is this something we can submit a ticket for? I am the leader of a small TW faction, with about 30 people who activtely TWs. This expansion shifted the TW times to as early as 9 am, and over half of us can't make it to TW or plan for it like we use to when it was in the afternoon and at night.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Happens with all big updates. Should be fixed as it has been in the past.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    b:surrender sadly when you think about this screwup by {Wanmei} this sorta of timeslot would only be advantageous for any 'Australians, Asians & Euro players' that are playing on either the eastern or western servers, while throwing the majority of everyone else (and I mean Majority) under the bus b:surrender

Now I know that the minority overseas players have been feeling this sorta **** job, for awhile now, with their not being able to TW at times reasonable for their set active day times (they've said it for quite awhile in the forums) but seriously, why Couldn't {Wanmei} have long ago simply played an even & odd week TW schedule, where 1-week its set for the old schedules (time slots) and then the next week after have it set for those (12 hours off) of the (old base schedule) and then just keep exchanging it one to another through unto infinity (rather then first **** over the minority players from overseas and then **** all of the rest of us of the majority of the playerbase by this lame time slot job that they've done)b:sad

I for one am already sick of having to waste my (sleep-in-time) on Saturday morning, having to do this forced & flawed TW schedule time.. I'm a mature adult with a weekend nightlife for gods sake, not a 5 year old child, who's only purpose on saturday morning, is to get up as early as possible so they can watch as many saturday morning cartoons as they can (Wanmei seriously needs to fix this schedule snafu, quickly... b:surrender)
    It wouldn't be so bad if it was under a moderation pattern of "1-week morning slots and 1-week nightime slots" but to be stuck doing this schedule constantly is only gonna **** off and isolate a quite a large portion of the games mainline TW'ing populace if this continues to go on >> and thats a part that PWi cannot afford to irritate (Especially in light of the other things that were dropped on us with this expansion (such as ~ the virtually worthless drop values on everything now (not just Dq-items) that have been forced on us aswell, for example)

((There was a time that I was jokingly saying that I had often wondered if {Wanmei & PWE} were ran by the people who ran {SWG} though the ground. But now I seriously am starting to think they coulda ran this game better then this, even with a one legged chicken with its head chopped off and a rabid hamster with severe Myopia at the helm, to boot>>>b:surrender))

• Lavica - Lost City
    Lavica - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Dont change back tw time pls.

Finaly ppl from europe can go to tw's.This time is perfect.I am sure this is better for everyone cos now no one need to wake up in 5 in morning to go to tw.

I know ppl who now have tw in 9 in morning feel this time is not good,but imagine how was last 5 years for us who neaded to wake up in 5 in morning to come tw.b:sad
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Keep in mind this is NOT a EU server... yes I know we have a large majority of EU folks on the server but its still a US based server. AT LEAST make it noon california time. GEEEZ b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blue20
    blue20 Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is not a **** up at all it happens nearly every reset and if you notice there are some but not many 8pm tws still normaly this happens when there are alot of tws and that happens during a map reset it is an intended time slot that normaly does not get used much and as the season goes on it normaly goes back to 8pm and 2pm tws just hope that happens soon aswell. b:surrender
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    blue20 wrote: »
    This is not a **** up at all it happens nearly every reset and if you notice there are some but not many 8pm tws still normaly this happens when there are alot of tws and that happens during a map reset it is an intended time slot that normaly does not get used much and as the season goes on it normaly goes back to 8pm and 2pm tws just hope that happens soon aswell. b:surrender

The majority of wars being at 9am is not intended, let me assure you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • laseek
    laseek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's hardly a majority of them (the TW battles) - at least on Arch.

I don't see what the problem is with the change of the times - TW happens at the weekends - on Sat/Sun - these times allow both the US, EU and Asia to attend and participate.

That a few in the US can't sleep in until noon... No offence but suck it up.

A majority of those not in the US spend a large chunk of their PWI time waking up before dawn to participate in every event. This is TW - one out of all the events on the server where they have a concession.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    laseek wrote: »
    It's hardly a majority of them (the TW battles) - at least on Arch.

I don't see what the problem is with the change of the times - TW happens at the weekends - on Sat/Sun - these times allow both the US, EU and Asia to attend and participate.

That a few in the US can't sleep in until noon... No offence but suck it up.

A majority of those not in the US spend a large chunk of their PWI time waking up before dawn to participate in every event. This is TW - one out of all the events on the server where they have a concession.

That'd be nice IF the EU server who's existence pretty much caters to solely the EU (to be even more precise to the French community but different story) also has the same TW Time slot errors.
    So all in all this should be fixed or will be automatically fixed once the map has way less factions around.
    edited December 2014
    Still NO word or mention on this from ANY official contact.

Seriously Sparkie. You're really failing here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    I've let the right people know, so they should get it fixed as soon as possible. Most are on vacation right now, since we're all human and need a break some time (believe it or not), but I'll make sure it's dealt with in a timely manner.
  • coffeetator
    coffeetator Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hopefully, this will get resolved this maintenance :)
  • zhangwuj1
    zhangwuj1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tw timing would be the best if it's 0900 and 2000, remove that 1400 one
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dont change back tw time pls.

Finaly ppl from europe can go to tw's.This time is perfect.I am sure this is better for everyone cos now no one need to wake up in 5 in morning to go to tw.

I know ppl who now have tw in 9 in morning feel this time is not good,but imagine how was last 5 years for us who neaded to wake up in 5 in morning to come tw.b:sad

We pick servers based on where we live for events like TW and such. Sorry that people not in America have bad timing for American Servers but o well it needs to be changed back due to where the time is based to fit the people on where the server is located from time wise. There are Eu servers that would better fit people from over there. Sorry to put it so blunt but people should play on a timezone on where they live to better suit them.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sparks on the case. Echoing what's said above - server event times should follow what's convenient for the region the server is servicing - IE ~8 PM local server time-ish.

Morai server has similar issues with TWs being scheduled in the early morning.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sylen calls sparkie a fail, and he automatically shows up. Is that how this works??
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I really don't see a problem here and why it should be changed. It's good to have a few more timeslots. Lowers the chance of getting massively ganked at the same time.

9 am is appropriate and should be no big deal. If you can't attend to ot cause of partying all night then so be it. That is each and every players own decision to be there in time or not. Besides..partying less would do great for some people.

Recent studies have proven that a 2 parr sleep is way more healthy than a single, long sleep. Means if you go to bed at 4 you can get up at 8 and go back to bed after tw is done and would actually live way healthier. Bam!
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Friday 9 AM tends to have most people tied up in their fulltime jobs or highschool/university schedules Joe. Not everyone has that golden spoon in their mouth. Group PvP events need to be scheduled so that at the very least the majority of the group(s) can attend.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I really don't see a problem here and why it should be changed. It's good to have a few more timeslots. Lowers the chance of getting massively ganked at the same time.

9 am is appropriate and should be no big deal. If you can't attend to ot cause of partying all night then so be it. That is each and every players own decision to be there in time or not. Besides..partying less would do great for some people.

Recent studies have proven that a 2 parr sleep is way more healthy than a single, long sleep. Means if you go to bed at 4 you can get up at 8 and go back to bed after tw is done and would actually live way healthier. Bam!

Are you kidding me? We actually have several core players unable to attend the new seemingly main TW slot because of work. Yes, people can work on Saturdays. This would have major impact on our ability to TW if timeslots arent returned to normal. We wouldnt only be missing some of our better geared players and squad leads but teh freacking TW lead on 9am slot.

Getting massively ganked is by intention from developers to avoid single powerhouse faction winning every god damn TW. This intent is even more obvious with invader buff. I am sure first 5(or is now 7?) defends would occur with 3 min interval on a single time slot. It would be no different from what it was last season. Well, outside the fact it would be 9 freaking am server time.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Friday 9 AM tends to have most people tied up in their fulltime jobs or highschool/university schedules Joe. Not everyone has that golden spoon in their mouth. Group PvP events need to be scheduled so that at the very least the majority of the group(s) can attend.

Lol..it can be on friday too? Wth. I didn't notice that. Ofc thats a problem. Still we should keep those timeslots for the weekend.

Plus I know loads of ppl that can attend tw now cause of those new time slots. There are people working on sat. and sun. noon as well. Those could nealry never attend tw til now. So its good as it is cept the friday morning one.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • coffeetator
    coffeetator Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lol..it can be on friday too? Wth. I didn't notice that. Ofc thats a problem. Still we should keep those timeslots for the weekend.

Plus I know loads of ppl that can attend tw now cause of those new time slots. There are people working on sat. and sun. noon as well. Those could nealry never attend tw til now. So its good as it is cept the friday morning one.

There are people who lives on the east coast and plays west coast servers like me, and for us, a 9 am server time TW slot is at noon for us; many of us who has jobs or is busy at some other things in life. So it is not just a problem for non US folks.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    There are people who lives on the east coast and plays west coast servers like me, and for us, a 9 am server time TW slot is at noon for us; many of us who has jobs or is busy at some other things in life. So it is not just a problem for non US folks.

Nothing changed. There have always been people that've been unable to attend to some tws and it will be like always lile this. Besides. We all are in the same boat. If some are missing from fac1 then I can assume that fac2 could be missing some people as well.

Don't underestimate the number of people that couldnt attend tw due to the timeslots we have been used to. Loads.

People only complain about the change cause its a change. Its different now and that bugs people. Suck it up.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I think you got the wrong idea here. Saturday 14h00 TW are just as empty as 09h00 ones. Imo, the main reason is work or other rl obligations, not waking up. At least, that's based on my factions sign ups and what I hear from others.

Ofc, the main slots are the 20h00 prime time and some times you can't put everything in there. But it sucks if you have a nice TW match up that you can't attend to. Still, don't put everyone in the same boat as you, who apparantly swims in free time on saturdays. Playing less would do great for some people as well, ijs

Ohh, and partying till 4 means I'm late for work b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bring back 8pm Friday TW and move that NW timeslot to 2pm Saturday. kthxbai. b:bye

Also, 9am TW is terrible and will probably kill TW across most servers if left like this, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited January 2015
    Sylen calls sparkie a fail, and he automatically shows up. Is that how this works??
    Usually, yes. Sparkie isn't the only one I talk to though, so it's possible that someone else I sent the message to poked Sparkie.

So far, PWE's support for this title completely fails major donkey balls. I mean, we have basic forum issues that have been present for well over a year that would probably take no more than a few minutes to fix. A few hours at most. Do they? No.
    They don't care.

In-game issues, I can understand that the PWE team can't touch the server files to perform a simple fix like this needs. Unfortunately, it's not a hard thing to resolve, and apparently PWE either won't put the pressure on Wanmei to fix it, or Wanmei just doesn't give a **** about our version. You can basically flip a coin on that one.

For the TW times, it's most likely a reference error in the timing table that they forgot to change for our version. Sadly, it's very obvious that neither side (PWE or Wanmei) gives a rats *** about customer service or resolving simple things like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Usually, yes. Sparkie isn't the only one I talk to though, so it's possible that someone else I sent the message to poked Sparkie.

So far, PWE's support for this title completely fails major donkey balls. I mean, we have basic forum issues that have been present for well over a year that would probably take no more than a few minutes to fix. A few hours at most. Do they? No.
    They don't care.

In-game issues, I can understand that the PWE team can't touch the server files to perform a simple fix like this needs. Unfortunately, it's not a hard thing to resolve, and apparently PWE either won't put the pressure on Wanmei to fix it, or Wanmei just doesn't give a **** about our version. You can basically flip a coin on that one.

For the TW times, it's most likely a reference error in the timing table that they forgot to change for our version. Sadly, it's very obvious that neither side (PWE or Wanmei) gives a rats *** about customer service or resolving simple things like this.

This can't continue .... 9AM time slots ... For the harshlands an EAST coast server we need EAST coast time slots because 9AM even those that DON"T work on Saturday are sleeping from partying on Friday or farming all night through Friday.

This **** is ridiculous . . . 90% of the server can no longer TW .. 90 ****ing Percent ...
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Willkraft attacked LostTears at 8pm this past week, and at 9:24am the week before. We had 3 more people at 8pm than at 9:24am (and at least 2 of those were new recruits since expansion), and it looked like Willkraft had similar numbers both times. Granted, these numbers may not be indicative of overall TW participation, and we are both smallish factions, but "90% of the server can no longer TW" is a gross exaggeration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Willkraft attacked LostTears at 8pm this past week, and at 9:24am the week before. We had 3 more people at 8pm than at 9:24am (and at least 2 of those were new recruits since expansion), and it looked like Willkraft had similar numbers both times. Granted, these numbers may not be indicative of overall TW participation, and we are both smallish factions, but "90% of the server can no longer TW" is a gross exaggeration.

Let's be honest, 90% of the server didn't TW in the first place because of what TW is and everything involved.

Now saying 90% of the TWing members of a server can't anymore? That's easily a massive exaggeration.
    (Insert fancy image here)