Just gonna leave this here

Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Assassin
http://imgur.com/NakC0hG

(Context he's an r9rr sin in his first bh eu)

Took the screenie cause it's just so perfectly explains why sins are the fail class XD

Edit: I took the pic because he paused after he said aps, I thought he was going to say 'dph' instead he says "damage", I laughed irl and thought he just answered his own question. I perceived this funny because reasons~
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
Started playing on March 2010
Post edited by Lolgasmic - Raging Tide on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Meh. It's a fair enough question for someone's first time in there if he has both sets and is just trying to ask which style is more effective for the instance to avoid **** the squad over. You'd make a better point if it were something like a sin with endgame gears APSing a clearly anti-aps boss while the squad keeps telling the sin not to. As is, you're just showing someone who's a genuine newbie with $$ and that applies to... every class instead of being assassin exclusive.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How I wish I made a screenshot of every time a barb managed to do or say or ask something "stupid".

I'd be able to fill the barb section with it.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How I wish I made a screenshot of every time a barb managed to do or say or ask something "stupid".

I'd be able to fill the barb section with it.

fits with every class, every class has its fair share of trash r9 players but people like to stomp on sins for the most part to feel a little better inside b:chuckle
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I agree with OPKossy. If anything, the sin was in the right. It was their first time in the dungeon. They didn't want to **** the squad over, and asked a legitimate question. Putting it in context, that's like a cleric asking if they should IH and Purify a boss, or set up BB for it. I can't blame the assassin for wanting to learn, and they pm'ed you privately because they likely respected your judgement and ability. True, they're R9, but it could be very well possible that they:

*CS'ed their gear...which is applicable to any class.

*Earned their gear, but hadn't completed the Morai Quest Chain.

*Has been spamming the heck out of WS for drops and has been simply neglected EU and some BH's.

*Has been R9rr for a while, but left the game for a while, and hasn't done EU since their return.

Could be a lot more reasons too, but personally speaking, I wouldn't have taken a screenie of that. It seemed like they were legitimately trying to learn...now if a level 101 R9rr sin pm's you asking if they should go learn subsea.......then you might want to send them back to the academy. LOL.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's a fair question for someone who's never been to EU/AEU in a class that does APS. The guy might be used to playing a caster *shrug*

I'd rather have a noob that asks, then a noob that assumes and fails.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Took the screenie cause it's just so perfectly explains why sins are the fail class XD

And mortalcross was the leader of your squad? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwb:spit

And I dont see how this shows why sins is the fail class.
    giphy.gif

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I won't do any bad comment on his one. At least the guy is asking to you in PM instead of just doing ****... It's kinda positive actually.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Infamous_me - Archosaur
    Infamous_me - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Made the quote to show how some people just look for a reason to be negativeb:surrender
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And... what's supposed to be bad in this?
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I know what is bad, am i pro now ? b:chuckle
    well the bad thing is that u just have to look at the buffs boss has and see if he has anti aps buff or not b:laugh
    aslo check ur dmg on boss with both and chose the better one, or read a guide about the dungeon on this forum. we have a full section with guides for every instance here.

but well ya it's still better that the sin is asking instead of failing, i will agree with that.

aslo some sins i have seen when u told them to not aps they start using bow and refuse to use dager skills b:laughb:laugh

on the other hand....

i am in random fsp squad, we on toad the barb is haveing problems in keeping agro from the squad (i am not atacking atm) cause he is using ream every 1 min b:surrender what i did was grabing agro from all of them and tanking the toad so i get the run done faster, while what barb did was trying to grab agro bck by turning toad in squad direction.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    I know what is bad, am i pro now ? b:chuckle
    well the bad thing is that u just have to look at the buffs boss has and see if he has anti aps buff or not b:laugh
    aslo check ur dmg on boss with both and chose the better one, or read a guide about the dungeon on this forum. we have a full section with guides for every instance here.

but well ya it's still better that the sin is asking instead of failing, i will agree with that.

aslo some sins i have seen when u told them to not aps they start using bow and refuse to use dager skills b:laughb:laugh

on the other hand....

i am in random fsp squad, we on toad the barb is haveing problems in keeping agro from the squad (i am not atacking atm) cause he is using ream every 1 min b:surrender what i did was grabing agro from all of them and tanking the toad so i get the run done faster, while what barb did was trying to grab agro bck by turning toad in squad direction.

It's... not that simple always.

Especially as we're talking about EU here... most people don't seem to be aware of the buff that doubles your skill damage. That could very well make a difference between aps and skill spam, regardless whether the bosses have anti aps buff or not.

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited December 2014
    It's... not that simple always.

Especially as we're talking about EU here... most people don't seem to be aware of the buff that doubles your skill damage. That could very well make a difference between aps and skill spam, regardless whether the bosses have anti aps buff or not.

First of, there are no anti aps bosses in EU nor in AEU.

Second, i tested it a few times and i cant make a difference between having the buff and dont having the buff, i mean its there but its quiet small and especially in EU you can aps allday because the bosses are down so fast you dont have to waste mana as sin on bosses like that.

When you dont have crazy r9 equip with attack level stones and such, you are better off apsing bosses who dont have anti aps buff.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    First of, there are no anti aps bosses in EU nor in AEU.

Second, i tested it a few times and i cant make a difference between having the buff and dont having the buff, i mean its there but its quiet small and especially in EU you can aps allday because the bosses are down so fast you dont have to waste mana as sin on bosses like that.

When you dont have crazy r9 equip with attack level stones and such, you are better off apsing bosses who dont have anti aps buff.

I never stated EU or AEU would have anti-aps bosses, I think you misread/understood what I tried to say there. There's a newb sin going to do EU first time, unaware of the bosses' possible buffs (which do not exist, but IF they were there) and unaware of the instance's buffs.

As for the buff, I dont know about sins havent been experimenting much but I do notice a good difference on my barb and cleric with that particular skill buff.

• Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited December 2014
    I never stated EU or AEU would have anti-aps bosses, I think you misread/understood what I tried to say there. There's a newb sin going to do EU first time, unaware of the bosses' possible buffs (which do not exist, but IF they were there) and unaware of the instance's buffs.

As for the buff, I dont know about sins havent been experimenting much but I do notice a good difference on my barb and cleric with that particular skill buff.

AH yes i misread that im sorry i thought you mean there are anti aps bosses in eu/aeu.
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Don't tell me - you're an APS barb, aren't you?

\yea, I thought so
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Edited OP for you guys, I didn't realize my post could had been misunderstood.

\yea, I thought so

A little touchy aren't you? No, I'm R9rr+6-12
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Even edited still doesnt explain why you said sin is a fail class.
    giphy.gif

• Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Im not going to try to interpret lolgasmics words for him, but i think that was in reference to the amount of people who play sin vs the amount of people that play it well. Maybe 1/4th of PWIs population is sins, they are the win all day class. You dont have to be intelligent/know the class well to win as a sin. Just follow a few simple tips, Tidal, Deaden, Possoible BP, Elimination (target possibly dead at this point), Life Hunter, other skills as necessary, Tidal off, Stealth, Rinse, Repeat.
    Comparing to other classes- This is downright EASY.
    Also i think i understand why he thought it was funny or im overthinking it. It could possibly be that because the person had such a gap between aps and damage he took it to mean the person prefers aps over damage.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014

\yea, I thought so

I know few aps barbs who keep aggro easily from most sins and everyone else with ease, also know how to work their way through anti-aps bosses.

b:bye

• Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014

\yea, I thought so

You have something against APS-barbs?b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked