Do you think the classes are unbalanced

Boomz - Harshlands
Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
This is not a thread to start about which classes are overpowered or underpowered, we all know which ones are which. This is a poll to make the rest of the community, the mods, the gms, and hopefully the developers aware that change is needed, at least in my opinion.

read the wording before submitting
░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
Post edited by Boomz - Harshlands on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The GM and Devs aren't looking at the forum and the mods have no powers about it. (I mean mods cannot balance the classes)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Imbalance between classes will always exist, but its not always a terrible thing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think the "base" build of the game would suggest all classes are balanced in a sense that one class is stronger over one, weaker with another.

However. they game is so washed out with gear varieties, shards, buffs, blessings, and god knows what else since ive played last, no one here will feel the actual balances intended in the game.

people that were here during beta, and up till raging tides, got to experience some what of what the balance could have, or should have been.
    re
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We all know how this thread will end up anyway b:avoid
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To be honest, I believe the classes themselves are balanced.
    The gear isn't, but then again, people with better gear either paid for it or farmed for it. They can't just go around giving the same gear/cards to everyone, that's called a private server.

All classes have their weak and strong points and if you know them, with whatever class you are playing and equal gears, you can defeat the other person.

But this of course is just my opinion. b:cute

Mr. Justice
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We all know how this thread will end up anyway b:avoid

QQ sins OP!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have yet to see an MMO where there is at least one OP and one UP (under powered) each.

Pet classes are almost universally on the UP end of things, while damage dealers and rogue types make up the OP high end, with the rest of the classes in between.

If an MMO has ever existed with 'balanced' classes, I would like to know about it.

I am rather unclear about what it is you want to accomplish with this poll other than trolling.
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i thought the poll said unbalanced and i clicked yes then i realize it said balanced lol its totally unbalanced we bm's name stealth! and shadow walk and a fist/claws with Sac strike on it
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is true that EVERY class has their strengths AND weaknesses.

However certain classes have such debilitating weaknesses it is ridiculously hard to see where their strengths even comes in, especially when their so called 'strength' is so easily erased these days.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is not a thread to start about which classes are overpowered or underpowered, we all know which ones are which. This is a poll to make the rest of the community, the mods, the gms, and hopefully the developers aware that change is needed, at least in my opinion.

read the wording before submitting

To be fair, your title asks if the classes are unbalanced. Your poll asks if the classes are balanced, so to be honest, you might want to redo it, because that's going to trip people up. (It's for that reason that I'm not going to cast my vote in the poll, but will instead answer it here.)

To answer the question:

No the classes are not balanced.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    b:laugh classes unbalanced who cares? b:laugh

If you think your class is weak just put a Montague on your house or sell your car
    and cash enough and you will one shot 90% of the people in the server and only a full squad would be able to kill you "MAYBE".
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Should make poll named:

Are people's skill levels in pwi, video games, professions, and life in general, unbalanced?

100% yes.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I believe from the developers in china that there is an idea of balance between the classes.
    The imbalance lies in gear, level, cards etc. etc. differences
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have yet to see an MMO where there is at least one OP and one UP (under powered) each.

Pet classes are almost universally on the UP end of things, while damage dealers and rogue types make up the OP high end, with the rest of the classes in between.

If u were a old time player, u would have know that Venomancers were VERY OP... Tanking lots of bosses, clearing instances alone like TT, FF, City of Abominations, etc etc...

So your "almost universal rule" didnt apply to pwi during their first years xD
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Classes were most balanced after the Sirens of War morai skill update, but before R9rr was put to use. But as we all know, the Sirens of War update is what made R9rr widespread. So in other words, classes were most balanced during a nonexistent era of this game, which is kind of sad.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I remember playing the game when there were 6 classes (not on PWI, though).

Then people QQ'd about venos (OMFG VENO IS CHEAT!!1) because they could solo stuff like no other class could, and about archers (they were the sins of back then, instead of stealth gank it was distance gank). Barbs were actually required to tank, venos vere required to lure (I still recall being a noob and seeing pets go thru the door in 29 and wonder what was that all about), clerics were required to heal (the only other class with heals was wizard and unless you have REALLY good channeling you cannot really use that skill for anything but patching yourself/others up), and so on. The two popular PK classes were archers and barbs, and back then arma was terrifying as there were no OP gears and that skill did not really depend on gear, besides the HP. There was QQ about it, too.

TL;DR: always some class being accused of being OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Balanced in what setting ?

1v1
    TW (mass team)
    NW (mass chaos)
    PvE (yes balance seems to be an issue even there seeing how people have been QQing about aps)

Its hard to consider everything. Also for developers. I have the idea they're doing a reasonable job. I just think that each time they try to balance something, the make changes that are too big, causing another thing that needs balancing. And the R9 weapon procs are kind of OP, but thats probably part of making R9 attractive and hoping people will CS.

If im looking at TW, it seems to me that archers are a OP with their spirit blackhole. Unbuffed it takes less than half the damage to kill than buffed. So being purged is worse than being HFed. HF only lasts 6-9 seconds, purge lasts well usually till i die.
    1v1 i dont feel disadvantaged against archers at all though.

For sins maybe its the other way around. They are a pretty good 1v1 class, but i can imagine it must be scary running around in TW as an LA melee, needing to get close up to hit someone. (Cant say for sure cuz i never played one) Being melee in mass pvp often feels scary already in HA.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In the title you ask if classes are unbalanced. In the poll you asked if classes were balanced. I wonder how many people who voted in the poll were answering the question you asked in the title.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • trollerest
    trollerest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Only thing balanced in pwi is the credit card debt with the cry babies.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hard to answer the question since I'm not sure what kind of balance we're discussing about...
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47