edited November 2014 in Psychic
Any possible uses for this skill?
Post edited by kumalca on

Comments

• Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm no psychic but I want to share my thoughts.b:victory

You can use it while helping a lower level friend, you can sacrifice yourself in order to protect cleric, you can save a teammate who is about to die (ofc your hp should be max or close to max at that moment).
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm no psychic but I want to share my thoughts.b:victory

You can use it while helping a lower level friend, you can sacrifice yourself in order to protect cleric, you can save a teammate who is about to die (ofc your hp should be max or close to max at that moment).

That's basically the gist of it, though if your squad's playing properly such a thing's rarely a problem.

I've used it for a few cases in Warsong such as Vile Pestilent Destroyer's nasty habit of targeting a cleric (and the group being full of squishies who'd die quickly without their precious BB but can't control their DD otherwise), though its duration and CD means only once per use.

Same could be done to protect someone from a buffed Vile Canonfist, but a Psychic could easily wait out the buffs with Psy Will, Expel+Bubble (sage) and even Spirit Phalanx. Truth be told, its got far greater use in group PvP for protecting your key squad member(s) from being focused by heavy DD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Allonade - Dreamweaver
    Allonade - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The uses to the skill are few and limited, between the chi and the cooldown it's essentially limited to pve support for the healer/cleric or in group pvp in the odd occasion that taking someone's damage instead of stunning/killing said person becomes more beneficial...that being said I've not successfully employed it in any consistent manner...I use shroud/veil of shadows more even...
  • byleveld3
    byleveld3 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have had a thought, couldn't yet try it myself as I do not have the skill yet, but will you be able to use Psionic Link and then spam AD / Pan Gu and no damage is dealt to either player, just a thought I had that can save the cata Barb / Cleric in TW
  • jytheone
    jytheone Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    this skill is useful on cata barbs during tw.

a simple video of how to use it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alchidemi - Raging Tide
    Alchidemi - Raging Tide Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Does this skill even work in tw? I've put it on a few targets during tw and it didn't work. I ruled out even with the buff/blessing filters on, it'll work with squad allies outside tw, but it doesn't seem to redirect damage to me during tw. I do remember this working at one point, so maybe there's a glitch?

Edited: I shortened the video to just show the psionic link attempts. The last one was slowed down a bit to show that the archer I used it on was still taking damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hav1RWMg5Hg&feature=youtu.be
  • GodricGryff - Sanctuary
    GodricGryff - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No, it doesn't; neither in NW or TW.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Remember that Psionic Link triggers your SoV and SoSi when the ally is attacked. The fact that they're not being triggered means you're not absorbing your ally's damage.
  • Alchidemi - Raging Tide
    Alchidemi - Raging Tide Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Weird because I could have sworn it worked in TW before. Thanks for the input. I guess I won't use it in tw anymore :<