Need suggestions on legendary pets

Kimmu - Raging Tide
Kimmu - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Venomancer
I've started planning on saving coins for a legendary pet but I'm looking for a type that can help with soloing instances/bosses, etc and (or) good with pvp activities.
Any ideas? :3
Post edited by Kimmu - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The evolved herc is great in PVE, the nix suck in PVE AND PVP, I don't have the monkey or harpy so I can't tell you for those 2, but yea the nix is a waste of money in my opinion. The herc can still worth it if you plan to farm with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Aerliadel - Sanctuary
    Aerliadel - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    From what I've heard, the Harpy is a really solid pet to have.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Evolved herc is a great PvE tank. Harpy in general is great for PvE DD. Monkey is awesome for PvP. Nix is good but no longer excels in open PvE damage (harpy one-upped them there and with evolved pets being a thing now we can bring our hercs/harpies anywhere we please) or for PvP (Monkey outshines them there).
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Evolved herc is a great PvE tank. Harpy in general is great for PvE DD. Monkey is awesome for PvP. Nix is good but no longer excels in open PvE damage (harpy one-upped them there and with evolved pets being a thing now we can bring our hercs/harpies anywhere we please) or for PvP (Monkey outshines them there).

This is pretty much the case. Additional: Harpy can tank some things but mostly ranged bosses. Hercules is still the number one tank pet in-game.

So overall~

Do you want to solo things, tank lots of things with pet? Hercules.
    Do you want to have a great DD pet that's also ranged and has AOE skills? Harpy.
    Do you want to have a great PvP pet with stuns? Monkey.
    Do you want a cheaper option for PvP because Monkey's too expensive? Phoenix.
    Do you want a cheaper option for PvE DD? Scorpion/DarkWanderer/Hatchling when evolved are pretty good (Hatchling is a rare pet).

Alternative: opt for high attack/attack level inherit on Hercules to give him a better DD boost. You can also get attack-related mood skills but if you want to focus on tanking things you might want to go for defensive stuff.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kimmu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    so evolved herc can enter instances, right? :o
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Yeah. Evolved Hercules and Phoenix can go on anywhere. Same goes for Harpy and Monkey, except that they are all-terrain pets from lvl1 whereas Hercules/Phoenix need to evolve first. Non-evolved Hercules is land only and Phoenix is air only (so no instances).
  • Kimmu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    Yeah. Evolved Hercules and Phoenix can go on anywhere. Same goes for Harpy and Monkey, except that they are all-terrain pets from lvl1 whereas Hercules/Phoenix need to evolve first. Non-evolved Hercules is land only and Phoenix is air only (so no instances).
    Oh now that makes more sense. Thanks for the explanation b:pleased
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've started planning on saving coins for a legendary pet but I'm looking for a type that can help with soloing instances/bosses, etc and (or) good with pvp activities.
    Any ideas? :3
    If I was a new player without any legendary pets and needed to decide which one I want considering I have money for 1 only, I'd buy phoenix, remove its attack buff skill and learn strong and protect skills. This way it can be used:
    - in pve for tanking because it won't be much worse than herc
    - in pvp because it has stun and can live
    - it's cute :3
    You can farm almost everything and buffed nix is quite a solid argument in pvp.
    But I don't have a harpy and think that well geared veno doesn't need it at all (rather than for decoratory purposes), though I'm on pvp server and prefer to keep monkey close at hand in case of occasional pvp. If your own damage is not very high, it can probably be useful, but it won't help you much in pvp.

My monkey hits harder than nix even in pve, it can also be an option, but it costs like several nixes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Can someone tell me, is the fresh reawakening veno (lv 1) be able to enter Lycaeum?

This might be out of topic, but I just can not create a new threadb:cry
    (Im really sorry)

Sadly, you'll have to wait until you reach lvl100 again in order to enter the Lycaeum again. On the other hand, you'll be able to summon lvl100 pets at about lvl50-60 or so.
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As a player that's been playing veno for a really long while... I really would suggest you getting a herc as your first pet.

Herc is a solid tanking pet. Like I mean, solid. There are some things you can't tank of course (or else the barb becomes useless) but your survivability and the places you can handle is a lot better with a herc. Plus farming is a lot easier with a herc.

With my herc, I farmed for my nix. (This was back in 2010). Then pretty much set the basis for my other stuff.. Of course, there is effort involved.

But it's up to you. I must say that Herc and Nix are super ugly compared to the Harpy and Monkey King.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks