G14 Element Cube/ Lunar ring yay or nay?

Options
Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Blademaster
Alright im still a strugglin Bm ,yeah i got r9 but that was a long process with alot of help from wifey and friends.

I got a g14 element cube neck +6 , given the full passives and decent A cards that help boost my Mag def in marrow which is hitting 25k+ self buffed, is there a need to upgrade the neck to a higher grade or should i just refine it to a +10 ? Or that just all bling?

If yall see my gear set yall know im a person that just trys to do the best with what i got. Kinda tryna save the farming for armour refines. Mag def for me seems okay so long as i pay attention to it. Just seeking some advice cause i have seen some bms with g14 +10 ofc from way back in the days and seems set on just keeping them.

Same goes with my Lunar ring. ofc yall bms know why we had always used that but again just asking if it a must to upgrade to better or just plain leave it till i got no other project?
To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
Team work is Flawless,
To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
Post edited by Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't refine the neck past +6 just in case you decide to upgrade the neck at some point. It is hard to give you advice since you haven't given a time frame you are looking at for upgrades. As far as the ring goes it is really up to you. If you feel you do fine with it then keep it for now. To be honest refines for your armor is your best bang for your coin. Also I don't know what your priorities are for gear so it's hard to give you advice. If I had plain r9 I would work on r9r then r9r2. Then I would work on refines for that, +10 armor and +12 weapon. After that would be neck and ring, then NW upgrades. That's the best advice I can give you with the information that you provided.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't refine the neck past +6 just in case you decide to upgrade the neck at some point. It is hard to give you advice since you haven't given a time frame you are looking at for upgrades. As far as the ring goes it is really up to you. If you feel you do fine with it then keep it for now. To be honest refines for your armor is your best bang for your coin. Also I don't know what your priorities are for gear so it's hard to give you advice. If I had plain r9 I would work on r9r then r9r2. Then I would work on refines for that, +10 armor and +12 weapon. After that would be neck and ring, then NW upgrades. That's the best advice I can give you with the information that you provided.

That just sounds like bad advice, yes hp IS nice and all, but real defenses come from refined rings, belts, and necklace. Someone who has 30k hp could still die ridiculously fast and easy if they have rubbish refines on rings/belt/necklace. (Granted 25k mag def really is quite respectable for self buff, still I do feel, that even with that high of mag def, I really do believe that if one can get it higher they should, work on refining armor/weapon later. There really is quite a room for improvement still, and while it has been a bit since I seen sel's gears, from what I remember/have just read I still feel like he would be better of refining the neck/belt/rings first.)

Though I am in agreement about keeping it at +6 just in case.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    im r93rd cast with g16 set cape and helm , Helm is +10 Chest is +10, weapon is +10, leggins +8 rest of the stuff +7 I got 17+k hp unbuffed i can pop 30k pdef and 22k mag def (was wrong on first post thought 25k sry) with Marrow+bell self buffed only.

I ty for the recommendation for focusing on Gear refine for the HP it is a current project atm but is a slow one trying to get Legs +10 before the current sales over.

as for the recomendation on keeping the neck +6 untill i able or ready to upgrade i get that part as well but what i was asking really is ..im wondering if i can get away with just refining it and skip the whole g16 + upgrade QQ.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    im r93rd cast with g16 set cape and helm , Helm is +10 Chest is +10, weapon is +10, leggins +8 rest of the stuff +7 I got 17+k hp unbuffed i can pop 30k pdef and 22k mag def (was wrong on first post thought 25k sry) with Marrow+bell self buffed only.

I ty for the recommendation for focusing on Gear refine for the HP it is a current project atm but is a slow one trying to get Legs +10 before the current sales over.

as for the recomendation on keeping the neck +6 untill i able or ready to upgrade i get that part as well but what i was asking really is ..im wondering if i can get away with just refining it and skip the whole g16 + upgrade QQ.

I think you essentially could get away with it.

I still believe that you will see a larger return in investment by refining the necklace, belt, and rings first over the armor/weapon... I really do believe higher resistances bring a lot more survivability than hp.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

I would assume that you don't have NW upgraded item. Generally speaking, the majority of people went for emperor tome and r9r ring before getting the G16 NW cube neck. So, there is a high chance that you would be stuck with the G14 cube neck for quite a while. Just getting the cogs for the g16 neck can take months.

Refining the G14 neck can be quite expensive. Maybe if you find someone who is upgrading his +10 cube neck to G16, you can propose to trade his cube+10 for your cube+coins for a good deal.

The accurate (and more complicated) way to know which option is more viable, is to pull off a spreadsheet and compile some cost/benefit ratios for all your available options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    If you don't want to make excel sheet, make a copy of your gear in pwcalc. Refine things you want, and see the defense/hp you want. Count the cost of refines, and see which way to go.

Same goes for ring, is it worth the cost to upgrade and refine it or keep the current things and use that money elsewhere?

If people are upgrading, you could score a free +10 for your +6 as well from the other person. Sometimes people are nice enough to do a straight trade as they will be losing the refines if not going through the patroller.