The "new" NPC: Puzzle Cube Patroller

ChevaIier - Harshlands
ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
So the NPC says it will keep the refines on your cube necklace when you upgrade. But, there are people that are saying it still costs chienkuns to upgrade.

Is there a reason why the description provided by the NPC is so vague? i.e. it's not fully updated yet?

Anybody who has used the NPC before, was it a cheaper alternative?

People said it was meant to keep your refines when upgrading at no cost, but it is limited to only up to G16 and not for the NW forged necklace.
Post edited by ChevaIier - Harshlands on

Comments

• Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I asked someone who tried this option. He told me that for +8 he had to use 90 chienkun stones. That is 70% of the total possible cost for refinement transfer and this would rank it with Warsong and Destroyer Belt upgrade. Thus quite logical.

And above all, your neck would also become bound! So all in all, not really worth it, unfortunately. Unless chienkuns would cost 25 silver each or less b:chuckle
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Kitsusha - Sanctuary
    Kitsusha - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Mind me asking, even if the 3 necklaces used were not initially bound, the outcome is 100% bound? o.o That's odd D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What can I say, I'm in a one man team - Schemin' dreamin', wheeler dealin', feelin' strange - I'm in love with the scene!
    You can go ahead and chastise and blame me, but no matter what, you will never change me!
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I can't tell from first hand experience, but someone else got to the point where a pop up appeared that asked to proceed and make it bound. That appears before the chienkun window apparently. I should ask again for clarity. Or you :P
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So the NPC says it will keep the refines on your cube necklace when you upgrade. But, there are people that are saying it still costs chienkuns to upgrade.

Is there a reason why the description provided by the NPC is so vague? i.e. it's not fully updated yet?

Anybody who has used the NPC before, was it a cheaper alternative?

People said it was meant to keep your refines when upgrading at no cost, but it is limited to only up to G16 and not for the NW forged necklace.

they need to fix alot of vague stuff b:surrender
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I asked someone who tried this option. He told me that for +8 he had to use 90 chienkun stones. That is 70% of the total possible cost for refinement transfer and this would rank it with Warsong and Destroyer Belt upgrade. Thus quite logical.

And above all, your neck would also become bound! So all in all, not really worth it, unfortunately. Unless chienkuns would cost 25 silver each or less b:chuckle

+8 costs 30mil to make. Any cost for transfering it is too much. Only +9 and +10 start to have value really :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I amde my G16 Neck via this NPC and I assure you that it will be unbound if the pre necks have been unbound as well. That does if you dont transfer any refines. Cant say if it will be automatically bound if you transfer anything.

To me...the only advantage of that NPC is that you can buy G15 and G14 necks of any kind (pdef/mdef) and still get your desired version. Thats neat. I used it cuz of that and it worked fine.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476