Change to auto-cultivation

HideYoHubby - Archosaur
HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Suggestion Box
This doesnt concern PvP servers, you guys dont have any real issue with them I`m sure. On Pve server though the problem is people set bots on guest mobs, favorite mobs being timed daily mobs(wizards+warriors). The Morai BQ mobs(fire eater) are also botted hard. Now the problem is they are blue, they have pretty literally squad just botting there. Anybody seen R9T3 archers playing tower 1shotting mobs around them? They wont be picking ****, they got alts for that. This makes doing dailies extremely annoying.

My suggestion is to force PvP mode upon starting auto-cultivation. Wont change anything on pwcn, will fix PvE server issues regarding botting completely. If I can kill the jerk botting on quest mobs, Im just fine with the bot. I am personally in lucky position where toons I do Morai have either +10 or +12 weps, I can only imagine the effort your casual players will have too see for their quests while bots are roaming free as they make said dailies annoying to even me.
__Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
Post edited by HideYoHubby - Archosaur on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok but my suggestion would be to bump already existing thread

Anyway even if I don't understand people botting in these areas (probably not efficient) there are a lot of ways to still manage to do your dailies (I never had any real problem even on low gears toons).
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Rixoth - Archosaur
    Rixoth - Archosaur Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I agree. Even though I'm fairly well geared and killing the mobs is easier than to people with not so good gear, these archers botting on the daily mobs are really pissing me off. Some I can expel even though theyre blue but eventually they all have figured out to put on protections. Force PK mode on autocultivation please. So annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok, but even if the players need to be in PK mode to bot, you will need to be in PK mode too to pk them just saying and you will end red name.

So in a way it will turn your dear PVE servers into PVP servers. At that point suggest to turn all servers to PVP. It's more simple and no need devs to do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    Ok, but even if the players need to be in PK mode to bot, you will need to be in PK mode too to pk them just saying and you will end red name.

So in a way it will turn your dear PVE servers into PVP servers. At that point suggest to turn all servers to PVP. It's more simple and no need devs to do that.

All it takes is one person to kill botter and they`ll be dead for hours most likely as sleep/work/whatever. The extreme you took it is both idiotic and completely unrealistic.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All it takes is one person to kill botter and they`ll be dead for hours most likely as sleep/work/whatever. The extreme you took it is both idiotic and completely unrealistic.

You know that not cause people are botting that they use PWI's botting system right? A lot of people use their own botting system which make them be able to release and come back as some people (don't ask me why) aren't necessary AFK while they are botting, on HL 1 bot on 3 that I pk will pm me withing 5 minutes to rage cause I pked them.

Also since you don't seems to know a lot about PVP let me tell you this, botting people will attack you back if you attack them, reality check I saw people on HL get pk by bots they was trying to pk (mainly by archers and barbs bots). So if the bot is that geared you might have fun. I saw people totally unable to pk charmed end game barbs botting, generally you will need to DD on them until the charm die, after that it's easy and trust me it take a while to kill a charm (15-30 minutes).

So if it's R9rr archers that are botting, prepare your pots and buffs cause there's a chance that your the one that will die specially if they are charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Andalee - Dreamweaver
    Andalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    While I definatly understand the problem with botting people in quest areas and I do agree that it can be annoying, I don't appreciate the idea of forcing auto cultivation to be in pk mode, especially not on PvE servers. There is a reason people play on PvE servers, as is to not be bothered by PK if you aren't interested in it, and this would force half of the server if not more to be pk mode (the ones botting as well as the ones wanting to quest). It would also "punish" those auto-cultivating people that are botting in a non-daily-quest area, as they'd be forced to go pk mode and carry the risk to get killed too. Another solution would be better imo though I agree that it is not easy to think of one and I must admit I have none atm b:surrender. Will post if I can think of one though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just close your eyes
    The sun is going down
    You'll be alright
    No one can hurt you now
    Come morning light
    You and I'll be safe and sound
    edited June 2014
    You know that not cause people are botting that they use PWI's botting system right? A lot of people use their own botting system which make them be able to release and come back as some people (don't ask me why) aren't necessary AFK while they are botting, on HL 1 bot on 3 that I pk will pm me withing 5 minutes to rage cause I pked them.

Also since you don't seems to know a lot about PVP let me tell you this, botting people will attack you back if you attack them, reality check I saw people on HL get pk by bots they was trying to pk (mainly by archers and barbs bots). So if the bot is that geared you might have fun. I saw people totally unable to pk charmed end game barbs botting, generally you will need to DD on them until the charm die, after that it's easy and trust me it take a while to kill a charm (15-30 minutes).

So if it's R9rr archers that are botting, prepare your pots and buffs cause there's a chance that your the one that will die specially if they are charm.

Obviously third party bots would have to be reported, which would be fairly easy if change was made as those bots are obvious compared to PWI bots. And as can be seen in first post, I got toon with +12 wep, selfbuffed(if that) R9T3 archers are reasonably easy to kill when they arent really doing much to fight back. And there really is no need to kill lone barb botting, their impact on making dailies difficult is on whole different level from archers killing everything in 30m range from themselves. Then again I have killed vit stoned +11 armors vit barb in 1vs1, granted it was pre prime world changes but I doubt its gonna be harder to kill botting barb than one of the top geared barbs on server when they are actually fighting back.

Ps. Lol @Anybody botting while being "active", its fairly inefficient way to make coins compared to actually playing the game.

Edit: Bigger lol @anybody botting if they consistently get their charm killed for it.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    I really wonder where those issues come from. Never had problems with botting players in a daily quest area. Even with some fc weap alt, I can always do them just fine.

Anyway, rather then forcing into pvp while using something meant to afk with, just put some lvl ? non-aggressive mobs with tons of hp in all the areas of concern. Bots will avoid those.
    Anyway even if I don't understand people botting in these areas (probably not efficient) there are a lot of ways to still manage to do your dailies (I never had any real problem even on low gears toons).

I guess there are 2 kinds who bot there:
    1) Ppl that just don't know any other spots then where they do dailies.
    2) Ppl that put a bot temporarily to do the quest (not bots for over-night). I often do that, put bot in a quest area the time to do dishes or something like that.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't have any problems doing my daily quests even with bots around. The areas with mobs are very large, not even 5~6 bots can cover most/entire area in a way that disables you from doing dailies.

Even with PK protections off, pwi built-in bot will retaliate (Yes, the bot does "ctrl+click" if it gets attacked.)
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like the idea of forced PvP if autocultivating, considering that there's no "botting channels" to use. Going into PK mode to engage them, even if successful, can make the hunter become the hunted afterwards for a few hours unless they camp SZ or something. Things will get even more interesting should the killed bot's owner happen to return and find out who stopped them too; oh the drama that could create b:laugh

So yes, I support this idea! Let us help curb the coin creation it enables with the blood of this feature's users~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I had a lot of problems doing fac base mob quests in the 90s because there would be 10-20 bots in one area.

I think maybe botting should just not be allowed to be turned on anywhere where there is a daily quest mob. Although that may be hard to do? Maybe mark each daily quest mob as a special mob and not allow bots to target them?
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Even with the bots killing the wizards/slaves (two or three bots) and rhinos (a bunch of sin bots) used in the Morai dailies, I can still complete and turn in all three in less than 15 minutes. I just don't pick up drops when I do my dailies. The bots can fight over them, so not sure what the real complaint is other than it might take me two or three minutes longer.

As for the base quest 90s mobs, there are a bunch of Braves no one bots, and spiders only need 5 drops, even with bots everywhere it only takes a couple of minutes. Same thing with the 100 base quest mobs. Maybe its just a non issue on RT compared to other servers.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am not aware of any mobs that are not part of a quest atleast before they changed a lot of the quests around
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
    edited June 2014
    I am not aware of any mobs that are not part of a quest atleast before they changed a lot of the quests around

I should of been more specific, meant really timed Morai, base in Morai, things lot of ppl need for their daily and have no option to avoid if they want to do their dailies. The dailies you can pick dont really matter, you can always pick 2 digs bots wont affect. Thing is, any "ban all dailies/quest mobs" wont work for that reaspn, which is imo the reason for players to be the ones regulating where ppl can bot. For this PvP mode forced on botting would be simple solution, it wasnt intended to be able to bot as blue in the first place. If China, like I`m told, doesnt have PvE servers I cant blame devs for not thinking bout this but it really should be changed to what it was intended like.

The ones saying 2-3mins more for dailies with bots around really havent seen how efficiently botted daily mobs suck. Not that the exact time is even important, to me its fairly messed up people lose time on dailies trough no fault of their own just because somebody is botting on quest mobs. To me the whole concept of it stinks.
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's taken me half an hour just to do the timed daily because as soon as I started attacking a bot would KS, even when I moved 3 or 4 times. Without bots it takes me no more than 10 mins. That's a significant time difference.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99