Genie for chi drain and medi usage in mass pk

ablabahabla
ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Blademaster
was thinking about makeing some old str genie to a drain one but dont wanna give up too much def with it. My first toughts so far would be:

Domain
Heart of Steel
Mire
Whirlwind
Occult Ice
Matle of Ripple of Death
Dissolve

Genie Stats atm are:
Str 102
Vit 42
Mag 50

The Domain is to keep for gank on 1v1s, yeah people this happens pretty often sadly.
Heart of Steel ... everyone knows what that is for
Mire, Whirlwind and Ice too
And for draining dissolve and mantle should do their job specially with that amount of str.
Been thinking about the 50 mag as enough so your debuffs with mire and chance to stun with occult ice gets increased, same as the amount of chi drained by dissolve.
Vit stays at 42 cause of the genies lucky points and lvl

Maybe replaceing mantle by virulent poison might be worth it, but donno 20 sec cd for 25% chi reduction instead of constat 20 chi lost

so what the drain genie users think about it?
Post edited by ablabahabla on

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There's 2 problems...

Drain genies are for 1v1 STR genie set up

Mass PvP are better for Magic / Vit genie set up

If you try to merge between the two the effectiveness of them drops off, you're better off having 2 completely separate genies IMO. And mantle is basically useless against casters now because of their R999 purify proc weapons.

Nobody 1v1s very often anymore and for a decent genie for Mass PvP it basically requires cloud eruption and AD.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • ablabahabla
    ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There's 2 problems...

Drain genies are for 1v1 STR genie set up

Mass PvP are better for Magic / Vit genie set up

If you try to merge between the two the effectiveness of them drops off, you're better off having 2 completely separate genies IMO. And mantle is basically useless against casters now because of their R999 purify proc weapons.

Nobody 1v1s very often anymore and for a decent genie for Mass PvP it basically requires cloud eruption and AD.

thats true, been testing the genie a bit yesterday.
    Worked pretty well against barbs bms seekers and eas. Think if i'd replace domain by will surge it might work pretty well against psys too
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lets say u got a 81 + Str Genie what would be the prefered set up for Mass PVP suchs as NW/TW?

1v1 theres so many options depending what class u gonna fight. But Mass pvp i am still questioning why the Vit/Mag set up. I prefer less chance of a skill to fail yet still have some sort of defensive messure with atleast a good Mire.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon