Urynaz vs Metalogue - BM vs Archer

Zanryu - Lothranis
Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Blademaster
Howdy folks, I recorded a few fights with one of the best geared Archers on my server a while back and finally got around to finishing the video. These are four of the better fights we had. Our gear and stats are in the video description. This video will also be added to my video thread.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Click me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
Post edited by Zanryu - Lothranis on

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Pretty good fight for the most part, seemed like an even fight even with gear disadvantage. Just a few minor things I would have changed in the set up. I'd have used a full STR genie for chi drain with occult ice on it and triple chi drain. I'd delete tree, wind shield, and AD for the drains and keep the heart of steel. He used wings of grace, bloodvow, and aim low quite a lot, it's usually avoidable when you drain all their chi.

I'm not sure what your p def is to m def ratio is, but his metal attacks hit hard, like way hard. I probably would use magic def charms instead of phys def charms since you can cut the damage in half when you get in melee range anyway.

Other than that the fight was good, the music was good. If you re-fought him using that set up I'm pretty confident you'd win. Try it out and let me know how it goes!
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Pretty good fight for the most part, seemed like an even fight even with gear disadvantage. Just a few minor things I would have changed in the set up. I'd have used a full STR genie for chi drain with occult ice on it and triple chi drain. I'd delete tree, wind shield, and AD for the drains and keep the heart of steel. He used wings of grace, bloodvow, and aim low quite a lot, it's usually avoidable when you drain all their chi.

I'm not sure what your p def is to m def ratio is, but his metal attacks hit hard, like way hard. I probably would use magic def charms instead of phys def charms since you can cut the damage in half when you get in melee range anyway.

Other than that the fight was good, the music was good. If you re-fought him using that set up I'm pretty confident you'd win. Try it out and let me know how it goes!

I actually wanted to use a Str genie but the one I have is only 71+ and it wasn't packing the skills I wanted. I decided to be lazy and keep that particular genie on rather than switching to a Strength one and trying to work skills around. I meant to include that in the vid description but forgot.

I've got fairly equal Pdef and Mdef, but I've discovered that with as hard as I get hit by physical, it's only slightly more in magic marrow but I also take A LOT less damage from the metal attacks.

I didn't have any defense charms and still don't, I honestly believe they would have made worlds of difference. After he noticed I wasn't using them he stopped, though they would have made far more of a difference for me than for him.

I'm still waiting on a proper mass pk genie, I'm not sure if I'll ahve the luxury of multiple good genies for PvP like I had on Morai. There were a lot of times I wish I was using a Strength genie when we fought, if we go again and I use one I'll let you know the result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    b:surrender QQ If he had a chi drain genie, no way in hell would I use thunder shock and aim low as often as I did LOL

My mdef NW neck does me such little good here b:surrender

13:43 truly gives the video the title "ALL OR NOTHING" (referencing to the purge but continuing on with the offensive HF)

lol @ me kiting up a mountain on our last fight, and how it ended

1+ hour of awesome and fun fights Zan b:laugh
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I actually wanted to use a Str genie but the one I have is only 71+ and it wasn't packing the skills I wanted. I decided to be lazy and keep that particular genie on rather than switching to a Strength one and trying to work skills around. I meant to include that in the vid description but forgot.

I've got fairly equal Pdef and Mdef, but I've discovered that with as hard as I get hit by physical, it's only slightly more in magic marrow but I also take A LOT less damage from the metal attacks.

I didn't have any defense charms and still don't, I honestly believe they would have made worlds of difference. After he noticed I wasn't using them he stopped, though they would have made far more of a difference for me than for him.

I'm still waiting on a proper mass pk genie, I'm not sure if I'll ahve the luxury of multiple good genies for PvP like I had on Morai. There were a lot of times I wish I was using a Strength genie when we fought, if we go again and I use one I'll let you know the result.

Yeah, there's too much of a sheer advantage BM gets when using a STR genie, the mire is OP, the ToP can be kept at level 5 basically, and archers are basically handicapped without chi.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    b:surrender I get slaughtered by bms with chi drain genies
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    GG such reliance on same 2 metal skills?

+12 NW geared is more than enough dps to blow up vit stone G14 neck bm in 1 aim low + stun with hell dartle

Or maybe physical dph cycle (which also restores a hell lot of chi)

@ zanny 2nd fight, maybe just stunlock? Your drake's bash is primal you don't even need to time it lol

jark drop by again on the other place :(
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    b:surrender I get slaughtered by bms with chi drain genies

The fight I had with you is actually what made me want to swap to my Strength genie. There were so many times a Tangling Mire or a well placed Occult would have let me get through your charm, but I lacked both of those and had to rely on a regular lock with no debuffs.

Someone get me a good genie! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • OJoseRizaLo - Raging Tide
    OJoseRizaLo - Raging Tide Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    meh i almost fall a sleep...

here are some of my thoughts

1 archer is bad he rely so much on metal skills

2 bm is over playing his toon.... if bm notice that the archer is just using the 2 metal combo just save the damn genie for hos, stick with jones instead of wasting time switching blessings... and damn your leap timing is really bad.... the archers stuns is so predictable because of the channeling... and in 1v1 its so easy to beat archer using str genie with occult... if archer use wings of grace you can paralize him then smack then occult.. well it all depends on your timing you need to learn how to stunlock its easy try it :D

ok this is how i do it ..... archer wings of grace i would use dragon rising to paralize him since you are demon it will be 7 seconds so in that 7 second you can cast hf+ferociousleap+hill born to try to by pass charm then recklessrush to finish him and if he didnt die you still got him imob follow it with occult leap+hillborn then smack to keep him lock then back to dragon rising....

man bm's are hard to beat in 1v1 even with less gear!

i played against end game archers *top archers in RT so i know what im talking :D
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lol Dan just merciless on a persons chi
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    meh i almost fall a sleep...

here are some of my thoughts

1 archer is bad he rely so much on metal skills

Now that's just rude, Metalogue puts quite a few Archers on Archosaur to shame.

2 bm is over playing his toon.... if bm notice that the archer is just using the 2 metal combo just save the damn genie for hos, stick with jones instead of wasting time switching blessings... and damn your leap timing is really bad.... the archers stuns is so predictable because of the channeling... and in 1v1 its so easy to beat archer using str genie with occult... if archer use wings of grace you can paralize him then smack then occult.. well it all depends on your timing you need to learn how to stunlock its easy try it :D

Without the O'Malley's he has enough damage to straight up bypass me most of the time. If I were to paralyze him as soon as he used Wing's he'd have 7 seconds afterwards to kite, leap, or attack me. I'd have to waste Smack or Blade Hurl once the paralyze has worn off, throughout all of these he could simply use Faith or AD.

ok this is how i do it ..... archer wings of grace i would use dragon rising to paralize him since you are demon it will be 7 seconds so in that 7 second you can cast hf+ferociousleap+hill born to try to by pass charm then recklessrush to finish him and if he didnt die you still got him imob follow it with occult leap+hillborn then smack to keep him lock then back to dragon rising....

As mentioned above I'd really rather not expend chi like that when I haven't forced his genie to a point where I could do so without him using Faith or Domain.

man bm's are hard to beat in 1v1 even with less gear!

i played against end game archers *top archers in RT so i know what im talking :D

Das coo

Glad people are still watching b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.