So um, 50g per +10 Orb anyone?

ChevaIier - Harshlands
ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
So I saw +10 Orbs on SALE for 50g each....seems like PWI is going for the "Printer and Ink" marketing tactic? xd

PWI why you do this QQ! b:shocked
Post edited by ChevaIier - Harshlands on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Well... at least it's not the original price, I suppose. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm never going to be able to +10 my new rings at this rate :/
    25g each I could do, but 50g a pop? Not in a million years Q_Q.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I will probably try to buy a lot to save money for when the "sale price" will be 75g in some months b:surrender
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I surely hope noone will buy them and just wait till the put them on sale price. And dont buy the 11 and 12s too, since those are useless anyway if you cant +10 them too.

But i guess people will. They dont have any patience and by buying them for 50g as well as mogs for 25g, they will show PWI that pwi can do whatever they want. b:shutup

Or maybe Kossy you can quickly phone the sales department and let them change it ? Give them a chance to change asap and say "oh little mistake, forgot to hit some button". So that they dont look like *******s so much ?

Guess not though, GSTs without MOGs, 11 and 12* without oceans. Thats the new marketing. Even squezing out that extra 5 gold on the 12*. Pethathic and desperate it looks.

Sales should be improving in quallity when stuff is getting old. Instead put the catalysts on sale too to increase both your sales and your respect with the comunity.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    Or maybe Kossy you can quickly phone the sales department and let them change it ? Give them a chance to change asap and say "oh little mistake, forgot to hit some button". So that they dont look like *******s so much ?
    Make Kris do it. He's the oldest mod! QQ

Totally agree that them choosing not to bundle relevant sales for... some... reason as well as the sudden change to prices that we haven't been used to for quite some time is rather silly on their end. Most people who would charge are, instead, gonna wait for what they've come to consider a "normal" price and that's just hurting PWI's bottom line.

Their loss, I suppose. :/
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There are (well were) overpriced catshops selling +10 orbs for 100m, at 50g this would be like 135m at current gold prices..

An item isn't technically on sale if it wasn't already available at the 'normal' price. +10 orbs have in recent times never been available at the 'normal' price just temporarily placed in the boutique at steadily increasing prices.

The argument that hey it's still a sale from the original price is a tad weak tbh.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why was my comment deleted?:O
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    . Most people who would charge are, instead, gonna wait for what they've come to consider a "normal" price and that's just hurting PWI's bottom line.

Their loss, I suppose. :/

its also going to make people have zero remorse and actually hunt down future exploits
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There are (well were) overpriced catshops selling +10 orbs for 100m, at 50g this would be like 135m at current gold prices..

An item isn't technically on sale if it wasn't already available at the 'normal' price. +10 orbs have in recent times never been available at the 'normal' price just temporarily placed in the boutique at steadily increasing prices.

The argument that hey it's still a sale from the original price is a tad weak tbh.

Man how I wish we had your gold prices..on Morai the gold is as usual capped at 4mil, and only a few people are selling it, so +10 orbs will be 200mil at minimum, only to add the rarity on top of that.
    Ain't nobody got coins fo dat.

As for the sale itself...pathetic PWI, greedy to the bone and not caring for it's playerbase at all.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2014

how the hell can you be on strike when you spent 5 gold to make that shop? thats the exact opposite of on strike
  • creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    From 25 gold to 35 to 30 to 50... Been waiting for this sale to finally get some +10 parts. But well GG i guess lets wait now another few months to hope it gets less as 50 gold b:victory
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    If this dont change, im also gonna stop trying to be possitive in the "should i come back" threads. I was one of the last who try to keep some possitivity there, now will join the hordes of people telling people to stay away. Part of the strike.
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    now will join the hordes of people telling people to stay away. Part of the strike.

Nonononono... be constructive about it. It's easy to point out the difficulties and problems a new player (or rejoining one) can face without joining the horde that has to have their posts edited/deleted thanks to the change in policy... and that gives the folks with the colored borders less work to do!
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think mog's need to be 50g each and gst 18mill each(9999 chips).

+10 orbs 80g

but some how people would manage to buy the **** anyways.
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Nonononono... be constructive about it. It's easy to point out the difficulties and problems a new player (or rejoining one) can face without joining the horde that has to have their posts edited/deleted thanks to the change in policy... and that gives the folks with the colored borders less work to do!

Isn't stating that pwi keeps increasing the prices for some important 'sales' a constructive reason to stay away? "Yeah sure you should come back to game, however you need 20 alts to bot 24/7 to afford anything on the sales with today's gold/sale prices, and without buying items from such sales you will never reach real end-game competition, but get oneshotted every time".
    The problem is both pwi and ingame sellers keep increasing the price for gold, yet new players are at the bottom of making coins and don't have an alt army to support those prices.
    If they/PWI wants to keep increasing the price for orbs in Boutique, how about lower the gold cap as a compromise: cashers can still buy it, yet in-game players can obtain it too again (paying 110mil for an 8* orb, then another 220mil for 10* orb isn't a viable form of progress imo without spending hours on botting, and botting isn't gaming. It's watching a movie or play a different game on the side.)
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    If they/PWI wants to keep increasing the price for orbs in Boutique, how about lower the gold cap as a compromise: cashers can still buy it, yet in-game players can obtain it too again (paying 110mil for an 8* orb, then another 220mil for 10* orb isn't a viable form of progress imo without spending hours on botting, and botting isn't gaming. It's watching a movie or play a different game on the side.)

The gold cap in AH is nothing and only influences on the way gold is sold, not the price.

Way to many items are boutique related with no realistic alternative. Gold is the real currency ingame for quite a while now and the "just merch" is pretty much at it's limit. With the value of coins dropping like mad and the real prices being increased, soon this game will only be for those who already got their gear up. Morai is already there.

I luckily am part of those who can just sit and wait. Without improvement I'll be able to be good to decently geared and I can cover my own consumables. There are so many that get to a "whatever" point, that don't use charms anymore because they have gotten to expensive, that don't increase gear because it's to long for not much.

I understand the reasons behind this direction taken by PWE, but it's still saddening from my personal point of view.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Isn't stating that pwi keeps increasing the prices for some important 'sales' a constructive reason to stay away?

Indeed it is. I guess i didnt add the reasoning though in the most recent "worth comming back" thread that got removed in its totality after i edited my posts in it.

And why ask me to stay constructive kossy ? You want us to just accept everything from PWI ? I dont, and i will hold my word. No constructiveness here anymore unless this policy changes now. I actually think PWI needs a new person in charge because this strategy of marketing is suicidal.
  • FlyingStab - Archosaur
    FlyingStab - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014

dude i just lost any kind of respect i could had for u. Censor one idea doesnt mean being constructive, and if u do what u just claim to do (edit/delete post) that support one idea u are no different from the people that made the policy to lie new players about this game. Its a fail try anyway cosidering that any people who try to join the game leave inmediatly. After all u guys are just mods, so u can try to censor ideas on forums but u cant censor the reality about a game that is dying since more than a year ago.
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    And why ask me to stay constructive kossy ? You want us to just accept everything from PWI ? I dont, and i will hold my word. No constructiveness here anymore unless this policy changes now. I actually think PWI needs a new person in charge because this strategy of marketing is suicidal.

One need not accept something to be constructive in explaining why they dislike it. Like I said, not difficult to give a new or returning person a constructive detail on the difficulties they'd face that you'd feel make it not worth coming back... and that would be totally fine and allowed compared to the mass "Nope game sucks go away" posts that have to be neutered.

Take the temporary ****-up with the event boutique, for example. When we thought it was on purpose... plenty of posts in the 15 page topic disagreed with the change and managed to voice it in a constructive manner. I'm honestly not sure where this idea that constructive post = likes and agrees with X comes from since one has nothing to do with the other. Constructive criticism, after all, is essentially saying "I disagree with X because Y and that could be improved by doing Z."
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited May 2014
    trands wrote: »
    The gold cap in AH is nothing and only influences on the way gold is sold, not the price.

With a lower gold cap, 50g would become say 100mil coins (2mil limit) where it is now 200mil coins (4mil limit). That's a significant drop in the price in my eyes.
    trands wrote: »
    Way to many items are boutique related with no realistic alternative. Gold is the real currency ingame for quite a while now and the "just merch" is pretty much at it's limit. With the value of coins dropping like mad and the real prices being increased, soon this game will only be for those who already got their gear up. Morai is already there.

I luckily am part of those who can just sit and wait. Without improvement I'll be able to be good to decently geared and I can cover my own consumables. There are so many that get to a "whatever" point, that don't use charms anymore because they have gotten to expensive, that don't increase gear because it's to long for not much.

I understand the reasons behind this direction taken by PWE, but it's still saddening from my personal point of view.

I was actually talking with someone about my old games, I came to realise that the old game, eventhough had no 100% refinement stones, had farmable refinement materials that would increase your chance of refinement at +9->10 (max was +15) to around 60%.
    Upon fail it would drop down to +3. If you refined to +11 or higher it would fall down to +9 first.
    Our refinement system sucks and PWI should instead of making boutique sales, make 1* orbs drop/farmable (since you need a huge load of 1* orbs, you can't call this exactly unbalanced). Revamp this 6 year old system into modern western gaming experience that we can be happy with. I'm stuck on +7 thanks to the lack of gold sold, high 'sales' prices and overal **** content where players are not able to compete in pvp by purely playing the game and cashshopping is the requirement.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    One need not accept something to be constructive in explaining why they dislike it. Like I said, not difficult to give a new or returning person a constructive detail on the difficulties they'd face that you'd feel make it not worth coming back... and that would be totally fine and allowed compared to the mass "Nope game sucks go away" posts that have to be neutered.

Take the temporary ****-up with the event boutique, for example. When we thought it was on purpose... plenty of posts in the 15 page topic disagreed with the change and managed to voice it in a constructive manner. I'm honestly not sure where this idea that constructive post = likes and agrees with X comes from since one has nothing to do with the other. Constructive criticism, after all, is essentially saying "I disagree with X because Y and that could be improved by doing Z."

I have given my constructive criticism here and in the thread that you merged. Now is the chance to make this too a temporary screwup.

But we both can see clearly that this is a matter of marketing strategy. A very poor one. This needs to be turned around. Only constructive critisism will not be enough so thats why i do my bit to amplify the effect of PWIs bad choises, and make them feel it.

I even contemplate doing totally different things. Putting my abilities to use for things that benefit me in real life at the cost of PWI. Things that i have thought of doing with games for the last 2 decades but never done because of moral objections. You probably have imagination enough to think in what direction such things might have to be found. Oh well.. thats just because im pretty pissed of with PWI right now, probably ill get back from these ideas...
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    With a lower gold cap, 50g would become say 100mil coins (2mil limit) where it is now 200mil coins (4mil limit). That's a significant drop in the price in my eyes.

Assuming people would still sell gold in the AH...
    But you could have no gold at all available in the AH.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was actually talking with someone about my old games, I came to realise that the old game, eventhough had no 100% refinement stones, had farmable refinement materials that would increase your chance of refinement at +9->10 (max was +15) to around 60%.
    Upon fail it would drop down to +3. If you refined to +11 or higher it would fall down to +9 first.
    Our refinement system sucks and PWI should instead of making boutique sales, make 1* orbs drop/farmable (since you need a huge load of 1* orbs, you can't call this exactly unbalanced). Revamp this 6 year old system into modern western gaming experience that we can be happy with. I'm stuck on +7 thanks to the lack of gold sold, high 'sales' prices and overal **** content where players are not able to compete in pvp by purely playing the game and cashshopping is the requirement.

Seeing that our contents come from China.... b:surrender I don't think there's a chance of that ever happening. We did get some things that are "exclusive" to our version that's true but..
    Adding gear or forges or boutique stuff that are for our version only seems easier than them actually changing a system within the game just for us. They never changed PK instances (eg. Lycaeum) into non-PK for our PvE servers after all.

Well, that's just what I think unless I'm missing something (and if I am then disregard my post).

On another note, making 1* farmable isn't a bad idea if it's executed properly that is.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Assuming people would still sell gold in the AH...
    But you could have no gold at all available in the AH.

Even with 4mil p/gold we've faced times without gold in AH b:surrender at some point something has to come down in price, and it's up to PWI to do that before the game crashes entirely.
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    dude i just lost any kind of respect i could had for u. Censor one idea doesnt mean being constructive, and if u do what u just claim to do (edit/delete post) that support one idea u are no different from the people that made the policy to lie new players about this game. Its a fail try anyway cosidering that any people who try to join the game leave inmediatly. After all u guys are just mods, so u can try to censor ideas on forums but u cant censor the reality about a game that is dying since more than a year ago.

See my post above. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that it's about suppressing ideas from but hopefully reading that will have you understand what the policy is. Nobody's attempting to lie about anything, but endlessly screaming "lol teh gaem sux" doesn't help anyone at all. It's one thing to disagree and provide a thoughtful and reasonable explanation on such. It's another thing entirely to make the type of posts that are getting removed now.

An example of disagreeing and being constructive:
    Thanks for cleaning the thread Opkossi.

That said, this change will make TW and NW a cashshopper only ground. "Free to play" has truly become pay to win. Will see where it goes, but I'm going to hunt for another game to play. This change and trend (which started with the DQ system going out without a replacement, followed up by that annoying popup at low health and now this) will lead to a sharp decline in the population, especially among the casual, non-cashing players. When they go, the cashers lose their competative edge over the majority of the population. Which discourages further spending.

For myself it has the following effects:
    - My BM and cleric main characters will never wear charms, unless I get lucky on Lucidgold. They will therefor never participate in active PvP since they will not stand a chance there. This excludes me as a player from TW, NW (well, can still farm tokens in NW from hopping or just idling with selfbuffs in a base but that doesn't create fun for others) and any other PvP related events. I will also not be able to "go white" (disable PvP protection) because forced PvP by bored cashers will just end up getting you killed.
    - The Lunar light armor set I was gathering will be stopped - I'll bind the 2 pieces I have once they go G16, and use TT gear for the rest. Since lunar gear is unbound, you can't use the tienkangs from the eventshop to upgrade them. Lunar gear will likely become worthless now since it's impossible to refine.

I was considering to spend some money and give my cler the R9 boost, but after this... I'm first going to wait and see how this change affects the community. I doubt it will be good.

An example of **** that will get removed:
    Dont bother wasting time on this ****.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2014

Not at all. With 2mil gold cap, gold would simply not by bought in AH. The items will be found in shop for 200mil, ppl would buy gold via WC with "Buying item X for *goldprice x 4mil*" or even via outside PWE organised forums and stuff.

The only way to cap is to make the item available ingame for coins directly, just like the only floor is a NPC (directly or indirectly) price.

There are tons of measures they can take. What you say is exactly what I stated before : make the game less gold-dependent. As player, I'm not happy with the current strategy as I prefer a long term strategy that keeps f2p/casual players playing as well. I'm just not blind and can gues their objectives from their actions, which are not irrational like some pretend. Understanding and liking their strategy are 2 different things though.
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    I have given my constructive criticism here and in the thread that you merged. Now is the chance to make this too a temporary screwup.

But we both can see clearly that this is a matter of marketing strategy. A very poor one. This needs to be turned around. Only constructive critisism will not be enough so thats why i do my bit to amplify the effect of PWIs bad choises, and make them feel it.

I even contemplate doing totally different things. Putting my abilities to use for things that benefit me in real life at the cost of PWI. Things that i have thought of doing with games for the last 2 decades but never done because of moral objections. You probably have imagination enough to think in what direction such things might have to be found. Oh well.. thats just because im pretty pissed of with PWI right now, probably ill get back from these ideas...
    Making those sorts of posts won't help you if the mods have to remove them and they get lost amongst the collective of posts that are exactly like that and offer nothing sparkie (or whoever the CM at the time may be) can use to throw at his bosses.

And all it does for myself and the other mods is generate more for us to clean up while giving us less we can give sparkie as an example to build a case with. Remember how in the event thread one of my posts was:
    Actually, he didn't. I intend to ask him to try and have his bosses do something about this as soon as I can get in touch with him.

Edit: Just saying this in advance everyone. Pissed as we may be, keep it relatively civil. If you wanna keep your pitchforks and torches on standby that's fine, but make sure you do it in a manner that doesn't break any rules here.
    It would have been much more difficult for everyone involved if that thread had nothing constructive in it. In fact, we may not have had anywhere near as swift of a fix had that been the case. Same applies to everything else sparkie has to throw at his bosses. The more we give him to work with, the easier it gets (though it's not really easy to begin with and he has limited influence). As a mod, it's much easier for me to bring a problem to his attention when I have useful posts I can give him as references than when the forums are... up in arms too busy ranting and raving to give any useful information. And he has to go through more than I do to get changes from the folks above him. Same with Hey, you! really. Part of how he got things done was he had support from the community and constructive posts and information to work with.

Anyways, I'm getting off-track and derailing this topic in more than one way, so in short: Don't post stuff that just has to be deleted anyways.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    50 USD in 1 tiny little mediocre refine is abusive.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    50 USD in 1 tiny little mediocre refine is abusive.

Like Tidal Serpents? Such a stupid high price (originally) for a different looking version of what you could get for much MUCH cheaper. b:laugh