Rebirthing /demon book

jehu50
jehu50 Posts: 54 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Blademaster
Sorry another noob question from me - maybe its my age but I just don't get how this all works.

I was 102 and appx 30% went and was reborn got back to 101 then went and was reborn second time and am now 100.

With my present 100 toon all my exp has been going intothe book demon, finally I had enough that the edit button changed colour and became live, pressd it and the book demon (for the 101 book demon) went up a level and I got 7 more Att points in my present l100 toon.

Is that it ?

Doesn't any of the exp that went into levelling the book demon come to the current toon or even the second book demon?

Please be kind my PWI friends as you usually are with my noob questions.

If it helps here s the situation ... present toon L 100 and 30.2%.

oldest book demon (102)

Required exp 535,632,000

Remaining Exp 169,242,143

Required Book 366,389,587
Att obtained 10

Current book demon 330151

Second book demon

Req. exp 535,632,000

Remaing exp 0

Required book exp 535,632,000

Att Obtained 10

Current book demon 330151

So what should I do now just keep exp going into the book to try n level up the 102 or ignore it and level my current toon?

One confused older Bm lol!!! THnaks in anticpation for your help
Post edited by jehu50 on

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    When you toss XP onto the demon book, it goes toward editing your past lives. It is basically leveling up your character's past incarnations... the only bonus you get from that are extra stat points. While the book demon is active, your current level (100) will not advance at all. Put your book demon to sleep to level up your current level.

So yea, 7 free stat points for that level, that's basically it.

[Edit] Also, this isn't blademaster specific. Prolly better suited in General.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • jehu50
    jehu50 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Evryn thank you for such a succint and clear explanation made my day - apologies if it should have been posted elsewhere.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For editing past lives, it's 5-7-10-14-20 points for leveling that life to 101-102-103-104-105. For leveling normally you only get 5 stat points per level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Be mindful of two things. If you hit 105 on your current lvl, you can not lvl up your previous incarnation if they are below 105.

Second thing, apparently, you do not get passive increase that you get from lvling, if you lvl your incarnation. You know how each lvl increases the str, accuracy, soulforce, hp and such things, each time you lvl. If you increase the lvl of your previous self, you will not get those passive increases. I could be wrong, but from the videos i watched of myself and others, i did not see my hp move after i lvled.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Be mindful of two things. If you hit 105 on your current lvl, you can not lvl up your previous incarnation if they are below 105.

How do you know this? From what I read on the Japanese blog (after the expansion that became New Horizons went live in China but before it reached us), the Book Demon is supposed to waken automatically if you hit 105 with historical characters under 105. If you can't waken it, or edit past lives, when current character is 105, it's a bug and should be reported in Quality Corner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Looking Purely at stat points per exp, you should level yourself like this:

102 102 102
    103 103 102
    104 104 102
    105 105 102
    105 105 105

However, there is more to it than this:
    -lvl 105 gives gives 300 event gold bonus
    -higher historic level gives an advantage over other players in PvP when they have a low historic level
    -The exp you gain is reduced as your current level increases.
    -Your current level probably gives other bonusses like jaabg sais.

Therefore, i will first make 1 historic level all the way up to 105 before leveling the other to get historic lvl 105.
    After that i will probably work on the second one before my current level because i dont want reduced exp gain even if my current level gives other bonusses.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    WannaBe: There is one exception. Some skills are level dependent (BM's "Reel In", or the Seeker/Mystic's de-stealthing skills) - and these do not go by highest previous level. If you intend to rely on those skills, it's best to bring your current level as high as possible before leveling previous incarnations. If you intend to go for max statpoints (such as for pure PvE) you'll want to go by your leveling table.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
This discussion has been closed.