G 16 vs r8

jehu50
jehu50 Posts: 54 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Blademaster
Sorry to ask another noob question but the replies are always a great help.

I have r8 Plate and cuisses with g16 awakened demonrobe and awakened greaves warsoul helmet refined +10 and Wheel of wafog g15 axes (in due course hope to g16 then).

In an idela world I'd go r9 but unlike some here i Havent got loads of time to farm tjhe cash so my question is should I go set aside the r8 chest n cuisses and go for awakened or do I stick with them and refinethem higher?

Thanks in anticipation of your replies.
Post edited by jehu50 on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As a BM may want 2 sets of equipment. 1 for APS and 1 HA for using skills with your axe.

cheap APS: TT99 sleeves, boots, ornies, G15 pants.
    expensive APS: R8r -int body, boots, G16 sleeves, G15 pants and helmet either G15 or G16 (or well if your warsould helmet is +10, youll probably use that for a bit :p)

cheap HA: full G16
    expensive HA: full R9

For PvE, an APS set with R8r can perfectly well serve both purposes. You give up a little defence compared to the G16, but you need to refine only 1 set of gear and the R8r is also HA and you will be able to do everything you want in PvE.

For PvP you want the best HA set you can get and aps is of secondary importance.

So if PvP is important for you, you might want to focus on getting complete G16 and then see what parts you swap out for APSing in PvE.
    If PvP is not so important for you, id focus on getting that r8r -int gearset so that you are comfy in PvE without swapping stuff.

If you do think there is a future where you will be able to get R9, dont forget to make your G16 tradable. The pain of all this other equipment you got is that its bound and thus wasted if you upgrade. At least G16 can be tradable...

if i read it correct and your r8 is not yet r8r. Then certainly do something with them. Either set them aside, or recast them and reroll till you have -int on them. -int on the body comes once in 25 rerolls, on the boots i think 1 in 250 rerolls.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • jehu50
    jehu50 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ty so much v helpful
This discussion has been closed.